homepage
  ship of fools rowers  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » The Simmies 2009   » VOTE! Best Post

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: VOTE! Best Post
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here are the nominations for Best Post. Please remind yourself of why each person was nominated by reading the post below... and then vote for your choice.

Poll information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 127 user(s) have voted.
Voting started at board time.
Voting stopped at board time.

Vote now     View poll results

--------------------
Eternal memory

Posts: 3787 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here are the nominations, in alphabetical order, for Best Post.

1. Jahlove

On the thread: Poetry Competition (Results are out!)

Post URL: Ceiling cat

Nominated by Lyda*Rose: "This poem is so expressive of both the childish and childlike fun and drama that is both Christianity and the Ship, I couldn't resist. This is what the Ship and my faith feel like to me, a bunch of people on a journey where we barely figure out where we're going, what we are supposed to do with all those other people on the trip, and very seldom look at the Ceiling. But we are being looked out for, praise the Cat and kitteh."

2. KenWritez

On the thread: Let's offend

Post URL: Interpretive dance

Nominated by kingsfold: "It's so sublimely elegant and witty, and my poor imagination will never recover from the mental image..."

3. Nigel M

On the Thread: EXODUS: The Bible Non-stop

Post URL: He's the Man with the plan

Nominated by Bullfrog: "As those of you who are geeky enough to participate know, there is currently a paraphrase of the bible in progress in Kerygmania. So far we've got one thread of GENESIS (I think it's back to page 8 now) and one on EXODUS still in progress. Given the nature and appropriateness of the work to The Ship, I figured there had to be at least some posts worthy of mention (and indeed there are many).

Nigel M in particular has stood out to me as a poster who can take the most banal legalism out of Exodus, and, with an ingenious combination of erudition and humor, make it both comprehensible and funny. He has had many excellent contributions to that thread, so there were many to choose from, but the rendition of the Song of Moses stood out to me, of which this is the final chunk, with some narration. Just the image of Moses rapping on the far of the Sea of Reeds makes it worthwhile."

--------------------
Eternal memory

Posts: 3787 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wow, that's going to be a tough act to follow! Thank you, Wiff Waff and Jahlove!

Post of the year is an interesting award to ask me to announce, give the scarcity of my posting, or at least of my funny posting. Between those who are intentionally funny (I think I wouldn't be too far amiss in mentioning Spiffy, Sine Nomine, Erin) and those who are unintentionally funny (I think I would be amiss to mention anybody here), I find the competition fierce and fabulous. That and I save my best writing for the Onion Dome. I do get to plug the Onion Dome, right? That's www.theoniondome.com, Orthodox News with a Twist. Drop by. Sign the guest blog.

Where was I? Ah yes, the award for best post. It has to be noted that a best post needn't be a funny one. It could be an insightful one, an informative one, or even one that butters up the PTB in a sickeningly sycophantic way. Although other people besides the PTB vote, so that may be something of a non-starter.

And so it comes down to this. A year of posting on the Ship of Fools, a year of great posts, and some not-so-great posts, and some -- let's face it -- real stinkers. But I have spoken too long and now hand the microphone over to my lovely helpmeet -- er, I mean co-presenter -- the ever-vescent Josephine!

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

- Posted      Profile for Triple Tiara   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
<YAWNS>

waits for him to get on with it. Thinks: Not usually this longwinded, is he?

Recovers and gives MT his full attention.

[Biased]

--------------------
I'm a Roman. You may call me Caligula.

Posts: 5905 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Josephine

Orthodox Belle
# 3899

- Posted      Profile for Josephine   Author's homepage   Email Josephine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Good morning, everyone! I am delighted to announce the best post of the year.

If I might have the envelope, please?

<ahem>

The envelope, please?

If you'll please stand by, we seem to be having technical difficulties....

Mousethief, where did you put the envelope?

--------------------
I've written a book! Catherine's Pascha: A celebration of Easter in the Orthodox Church. It's a lovely book for children. Take a look!

Posts: 10273 | From: Pacific Northwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What envelope?

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I knew it! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Josephine

Orthodox Belle
# 3899

- Posted      Profile for Josephine   Author's homepage   Email Josephine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The one Simon sent you. You know, the big thick one, parchment, with gold lettering. It's got the award winners name in it. Where is it?

--------------------
I've written a book! Catherine's Pascha: A celebration of Easter in the Orthodox Church. It's a lovely book for children. Take a look!

Posts: 10273 | From: Pacific Northwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Killing me]

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Oh, that envelope!

Um. I have it here somewhere.

Er--

Welll----

AH! Here it is, I was using it as a bookmark in my copy of Increase Your Funny Posting For Fun And Profit. Page 3. Help me remember that. Page 3. Three three three three three.

Yes. Here you go!

--------------------

Josephine

Orthodox Belle
# 3899

Thank you, sweetheart.

Okay, now, without further ado, the winner of the Simmies 2009 Best Post is ....

...... <loud ripping sound > .......

KenWritez, for interpretive dance!

Congratulations, KenWritez!

--------------------

Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

- Posted      Profile for Triple Tiara   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Overused] [Overused] [Overused]

Magnificent result!

And here's one especially for Josephine [Overused]

--------------------
I'm a Roman. You may call me Caligula.

Posts: 5905 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Congratulations, KenWritez! Way to go! You rock with a capital rock!

Are we done? Can we go to church now? Sweetie?

........<sound of car starting>........

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by Triple Tiara:
Not usually this longwinded, is he?

[Killing me]

--------------------

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That was a hard decision, which to vote for. All so wonderful.

I think it was the vision of KW's Interpretive Dance of Derision -- performed in some sort of festive spangly thong, I might add -- that clinched it for me.

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well done, KenWritez [Cool]

<waves Prayer Flag>

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congratulations, KW! Will he give us a demonstration of his technique?

--------------------

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
...Psst... Gort... which technique? The Fantastic Posting Ability, or the Liturgically Interpretive Dancing in a Spangly Thong?...

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

I as hoping for a youtube link to the dance (in thong of course)!

--------------------

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post 
Holy Jesus they don't make enough brain bleach in the world.

--------------------
Commandment number one: shut the hell up.

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Doublethink dances in congratulation of Kenwritez ...

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(Not something you should be watching at work eiher - sorry missed the edit window.)

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
eeGAD

Wandering Stowaway
# 4675

- Posted      Profile for eeGAD   Email eeGAD   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
KenWritez
[Overused]

--------------------
You don't fix faith. It fixes you. - Shepherd Book

Posts: 976 | From: The Land of Mary | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

It all started years ago, when KenWritez attended his first Liturgical Interpretive Dance Workshop led by this very famous instructor,who quickly became K's cherished mentor in the heavily-female-dominated world of Liturgical Interpretive Dance.

--------------------

KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wow, two awards! I'm humbled, it's two more than I expected! Thank you to everyone who voted for me. I give my best wishes to my fellow competitors, I'm honored to be in their company! Thanks also to the presenters, the lovely Josephine and the...errr...hirsute Mousethief!

Gort and Erin, this is for you. (Work safe)

[ 02. February 2009, 11:49: Message edited by: KenWritez ]

--------------------
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." --Quentin Tarantino, Pulp Fiction

My blog: http://oxygenofgrace.blogspot.com

Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  New poll   Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016