homepage
  ship of fools rowers  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » Erin   » The Wake continues (list of memorial meets)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: The Wake continues (list of memorial meets)
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am wondering if people would mind helping me to keep this map up to date.

Meets still need to be organised in All Saints, but if people can post on here when/where a meet occurs, it really would help. At present I am fearing that I am missing some because I don't pick up when they have happened in All Saints before they disappear off the front page. I also don't want to assume every meet is a memorial meet, just because it happens this year.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
John Holding and I raised a glass to Erin (of tea, but that counts, doesn't it?) on the evening of January 8 in Ottawa.

OliviaG and I drank beer in her memory in Vancouver on January 12.

Zappa and I clicked glasses in a location north of Auckland NZ on January 17.

Some more of us are meeting in Auckland on the 26th. There will doubtless be more toasts to Erin.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Presleyterian and I met in DC on the 21st.

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Carex
Shipmate
# 9643

- Posted      Profile for Carex   Email Carex   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
10 of us (including 2 non-shipmates) raised our glasses to Erin at the Pacific Northwest Shipmeet at Spiffy's Restaurant near Chehalis, Washington.

46.547126, -122.874988

A rusty farm implement made its appearance in Erin's memory.

[ 30. January 2011, 04:47: Message edited by: Carex ]

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yorkshire meet (Bradford) also yesterday. Balaam, LRP, Sophs and Mister, Dyfrig and myself

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rossweisse and I lifted a glass to Erin in St. Louis on February 6.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

Up dated the map. If you think there is a meet that ought to be there that isn't, then you need to post on this thread.

Jengie

--------------------

Back to my blog

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Ancient College of Youths (some of the UK's premier bell-ringers who are ringing their way around Australia at the moment) rang 'Erin' as a special favour to me before the 10am service at St.Saviour's Cathedral in Goulburn, NSW on Feb 20.

It was my first day being attached to the cathedral ministry team, and this was a chance meeting with them as they arrived. Somehow it still feels like the gator is organizing things! [Razz]

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

A bell added to the map.

Jengie

--------------------

Back to my blog

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks JJ! I expect there'll be another one to add in the UK after St.Simeon's Day [Smile]

And a correction: It was 'The Ancient Society of College Youths' that did the ringing here in Oz. Thanks guys - hope you had fun!

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
BL - how lovely!

Ringers will know that the principle also extends to Erin Cinques (pronounced Sinks), Erin Sinks .. Sinks ... Sinks .... gettit? As rung at Gloucester Cathedral on last Sunday.

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016