Thread: Heaven: Homosexuality Board: Limbo / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000078

Posted by shawn (# 2111) on :

Just kidding.

[ 10. March 2003, 01:34: Message edited by: Erin ]

Posted by Steve_R (# 61) on :

The problem is, that it is so tempting to get embroiled in such a thread. But this time I won't

Posted by Arietty (# 45) on :

As this is Heaven, thought it must be a thread either about the good things about homosexuality or jokes about it.

How about running it as a competition between three teams, the aim is that Team A have to keep the thread in Heaven, Team B have to get it transeferred to Purgatory and Team C to Hell?

Posted by Wood (# 7) on :

I'm in team A.

That Graham Norton's brilliant, isn't he?

Posted by Tim V (# 830) on :

I'm in team B.

Actually, I prefer Ricky Gervaise.

Does anyone (ANYONE) have the guts to be on team C?

Posted by clare (# 17) on :

I'm team B!

Ah, but I think you'll find that he isn't mentioned by name in the bible. I think we must embrace this truth.

clare

Posted by Alan Cresswell (# 31) on :

I should warn all members of team B that we already have an excellent thread in Purgatory.

Alan

Posted by babybear (# 34) on :

Methinks that the good Doctor has just declared himself in Team C, Hellwards bound.

bb

Posted by Spike (# 36) on :

OK, I'll be Team C

quote:
Originally posted by Wood:
I'm in team A.

That Graham Norton's brilliant, isn't he?

Well you would say that wouldn't you? That's exactly the sort of stuff I'd expect from a shandy drinking lightweight with a Britney Spears obsession

Posted by Carmel (# 58) on :

I'll be in Team C. The last thing we need is yet more of this stuff. It's BORING. And I don't like Graham Norton. Why can't we have a smiley with a spiky tail and little horns on?

Posted by Hostie (# 116) on :

Well I'm on team C and I think it's disgusting that this thread should be here and I can't be bothered to read all the 6 pages of the one in Purgatory so I think we should have a space in Hell where we can be short, snappy, and as rude as we like without bothering to read anyone else's thoughts on the subject.

Posted by Joan the Dwarf (# 1283) on :

I'm on Team A, I think there's milage in a horror Story Relay for...

The Thread That Wouldn't Die.

Deep in the bowels of the Ship, something stirred. It uncoiled its fetid tendrils and sniffed the air... ah, its time was again coming, they thought they could ignore it, kill it, but no... Slowly it lifted its terrible head as it detected the smell of its food... ah, ignorance, so delicious, it could feel life returning to its limbs... It blinked...

(regrouping team b)

Ah, but that's the point, Joan. We tend to resort to myths rather than facing the historical evidence. Our faith is founded on the person of Jesus, whom we seek to draw close to through our own experience and the truths contained in the biblical record. And, as I think you'll find if you read the gospels (I would say instead of spending all your time with these tedious horror writings, but that would be a free point for team C), that no-where does Matthew, Mark, Luke or John mention Grahem Norton.

(Team B)

quote:
Originally posted by clare:
( no-where does Matthew, Mark, Luke or John mention Grahem Norton.

That's got nothing to do with it because Graham Norton is an idiot, just like everyone else posting on this thread. (except me)

Oops - that should have read "Team C", but I'm not going to apologise for that as this thread is going to Hell

Posted by Kerry (# 202) on :

I think that what we are confusing here is the graham norton of the evangelical tradition (who is a loud and rather outspoken LIVING bloke who tells us uncomfortable but true things we'd rather not hear), the graham norton of the orthodox tradition (who is a mystically inclined figure sitting around on mountain tops cracking jokes with Elijah - a bit vague but very, very PROFOUND and REAL), and the graham norton of the liberals (who, well, it depends what kind of graham norton you want to talk about, and in what context you're hoping to MEET graham norton...).
Does that make everything clear?
I'm for Team B.

Kerry

Graham Norton hasn't posted on this thread. Not that I would read anything he posted anyway because he's BORING and so is everyone else on this thread except Team C.

Posted by Pyx_e (# 57) on :

Team A ;

So Graham Norton is an anagram for "camper than a field full of tents".

anymore anagrams ?

P

Posted by sharkshooter (# 1589) on :

How about a Team D who could try to get it moved to Kerygmania, where we could discuss Bible passages?

Does that comment mean I am on Team C?

Or that I am just confused?

Dear Sharkshooter.

Nice try, but no cigar. I shall have to set up a (temporary) team E, to address this proposal which certainly belongs in the Styx.

Kerymania threads need to start with a bible passage, so i'm afraid you have well and truely missed your opportunity. May I suggest you join the wonderful contenders doing an absolutely fabulous job as team B! Your passages might come in useful

I shall now retreat from inscruitable objectivity, and disband team E.

clare

Posted by Paul W (# 1450) on :

I would like to contend that "Graham Norton" is in fact an Urban Myth, and therefore this thread should be moved to the UM board for further discussion on alledged sightings of this mysterious figure.

(Team F)

Paul W

Posted by Ham 'n' Eggs (# 629) on :

I would like to point out that Graham Norton is in fact a Mystery Worshipper with a monstrous predelection for tat, so I invoke Team G to assemble at a suitable clerical costumers...

Posted by Firenze (# 619) on :

Team Z: Dedicated to the proposition that Jules and Sandy were far funnier.

-------------------------------------------

"After the storm I suppose you dragged yourselves up on deck"

"Ooo no, we dressed quite casual"

Firenze

On behalf of Team C I must tell you to READ THE RULES

There isn't a board for Jules and Sandy so deal with it. If you can't understand simple instructions then don't bother

[UBB Code edited]

[ 25 January 2002: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

Posted by strathclydezero (# 180) on :

What about forfeits for the hosts of the boards that the thread gets moved to?

Conversation in the cafe has suggested:

MW hosts could lead a service which was being MW'ed (individually) - HT a welsh presby church, SS in high, non catholic anglican and bb in a la Sarum.

as for purg hosts
AC would have to write about the lizard men, and how they were really the royal family.
Laura could give a detailed list of the arguments for and against homosexuality.
Karl could write of his conversion to evangelical christianity, and how the earth was made, inc fossils, in 6 days.
Suggestions for Mousethief welcome .

Oh boy - no way I'm typing those suggestions for admin!

Good grief what a stupid discussion. Instead we should be talking about ways to torture people who run bicycles off the road while displaying their bigotry/ pushing their sexuality in someone else's face (delete as appropriate)

team C

Posted by Atticus (# 2212) on :

---------------------SPIKE
Look, I've never even seen Buffy the Vampire Slayer, OK?
----------------------
You don't know what you're missing, bud. I don't care which way you swing, there's fun filled high kicks for everyone there.
I'm on team A, though I think we should come as close to letting team C win as possible.

Ticklemehomer(the rude alter-ego to Atticus)

Posted by starbelly (# 25) on :

I am in Team F or g, or something.

I think we should discuss ideas for a service based on the theme of same sex relationships, how we would present it, who can do the powerpoint presentaions? who can bring the candles. How will we get everyone involved and can we use the room abouve the pub?

Neil

Posted by Belisarius (# 32) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Pyx_e:
Team A ;

So Graham Norton is an anagram for "camper than a field full of tents".

anymore anagrams ?

P

Homosexuality=Oh, a xylem is out

Team A: Success through Botany

Posted by Qestia (# 717) on :

And I'll belatedly start Team 0, which, by not participating in this thread, is actively working to get it moved to The Archive post haste.

Clare said:

quote:
May I suggest you join the wonderful contenders doing an absolutely fabulous job as team B! Your passages might come in useful

Are you saying their passages are not useful at the moment? *sigh* Have you even read the 10 commandments, you ***********?

Arrity, I see that you are declaring your colours as a team C supporter. Fear not, Pugatory will have us yet.

I personally think that despite and including all your experiences, be they of homosexuality, threads, candles, anagrams or the mystery of worship that dare not speak its name, that we are all part of the wider whole that we strive towards in the unity of the spirit. Indeed, as Jesus himself commanded, be a fruit and do not be lopped.

Are we not in danger of undue lopping, and is this not indicative of wider issues which the churches have to face in this changing society we call the twenty-first century?

Yours thoughtfully,

clare

p.s. I think Rowan Williams can prune the lops the best myself, though i suspect this may prove over vigourous for Tony Blair!

Will teams A, B, and D-Z just shove off and let the rest of us get on with being hellish in peace or whatever it is we do. It's our thread and we want it back.

Posted by The Coot (# 220) on :

As a supporter of Team A I should like to share with you a poem I have written: 'Ode to my Sexuality', this I am performing while engaging in liturgical dance in a dark room lit with strange coloured lights.

*I choose to start the poem now.*

As it's a dynamic art form you'll have to take it on spec when I say it is beautiful, moving and poignant.

LITURGICAL DANCE????? What the hell has that tree hugging hippy stuff have to do with anything of relevance? The idiotic heretics who dreamt that up should be excommunicated.

So says Team C

Posted by Yaffle (# 525) on :

Originally posted by Spike:

quote:
There isn't a board for Jules and Sandy so deal with it. If you can't understand simple instructions then don't bother

That's uncanny. Has anyone ever seen Spike and Erin in the same room at the same time?

Team B by the way. Does Graham Norton exist when nobody's watching? And what are the implications of this for a post-modern calvinist theology which integrates the insights of pelagian neo-orthodoxy, with particular reference to the liturgical revision pioneered by Vatican II?

Who cares. I'm having a lousy day, you should too. Now behave and start getting real, or Spike will eat you.

And you know what you can do with Graham Norton.

Posted by Erin (# 2) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Yaffle:
That's uncanny. Has anyone ever seen Spike and Erin in the same room at the same time?

This is my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased.

Is that Erin declaring herself in team D?

Rules for Team A's new Game Thread:

Whoever mentions the H-Word in a post has to drink. If the poster doesn't mention the H-Word, he makes someone else drink...

BELISARIUS:
Is the H-word hell or homosexuality?
Either way here it goes:
"Bartender five shots please.
Hell/Homosexuality
Hell/Homosexuality
Hell/Homosexuality
Hell/Homosexuality
Hell/Homosexuality(excuse me) Another bartender
Hell/Homosexuality another
Hell/Homosexuality one more
What are lou yooking at!??!
Hell/Hicomosexuality
Hell/Homosexuality
Hic-hell/Homosessalty
Hello homosexuals
hell urp sexu
Wad de hell, just give me the bottle bartender...
[singing] Homohell, homohell, homohellomoheloomo
[under the counter]"

"I'm drot as nunk as some theokle pink I am..."
[back to dazed stupor]

quote:
Originally posted by Atticus:
Hell/Homosexuality(excuse me) Another bartender
Hell/Homosexuality one more
What are lou yooking at!??!

How many bartenders have you had? And which team do you bat for (as it were)?

(Note to self: I think the C team may have a possible recruit.)

Posted by Late Quartet (# 1207) on :

Definitely in team A...

...what we need to do next is play a game called Homesexuality poetry

so the first poet takes the first letter of Homosexuality to start the poem thus

Happiness

the next poet takes

o

and so on

Eh, too random. An Acrostic per poster would be more effective:

Happiness
Or
Maybe
Oppressed
Sustenance
Enduring
Xenophobia
Until
A
Liberal
Institution
Tokenizes
You

quote:
Originally posted by Late Quartet:
Definitely in team A...

...what we need to do next is play a game called Homesexuality poetry

so the first poet takes the first letter of Homosexuality to start the poem thus

Happiness

the next poet takes

o

and so on

OK, As I'm in Team C I'm going to say

Orifice

So there

[UBB Code reluctantly edited--Why make Team C look better?]

[ 25 January 2002: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

Ah but Spike, as all in Team A will ensure, the rules keep changing ... for the better ... so acrostics it is, for the time being (heavenly ones of course--not throwing down a gauntlet or anything)

Happiness
only
makes
others
sense
ecstatic
xenophilia
unless
all
likely
interests
throng
Yorkshire-wards

Posted by starbelly (# 25) on :

quote:
Originally posted by The Coot:
As a supporter of Team A I should like to share with you a poem I have written: 'Ode to my Sexuality', this I am performing while engaging in liturgical dance in a dark room lit with strange coloured lights.

*I choose to start the poem now.*

As it's a dynamic art form you'll have to take it on spec when I say it is beautiful, moving and poignant.

splendid, you are trying to move it Small Fire as well then!

Neil

Posted by kingsfold (# 1726) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Late Quartet
all
likely
interests
throng
Yorkshire-wards

So are we saying Yorkshire is hell? Can oyu justify that? (team C)

Posted by sarkycow (# 1012) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Late Quartet:
Ah but Spike, as all in Team A will ensure, the rules keep changing ... for the better ... so acrostics it is, for the time being (heavenly ones of course--not throwing down a gauntlet or anything)

Trust the happy-clappy-planet-christian-types to change the rules. Well as long as they're happy

Viki

(Team C btw)

Erin: This is my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased.

strathclydezero: Is that Erin declaring herself in team?

No, just God .

quote:
Originally posted by Joan the Dwarf:
Erin: This is my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased.

strathclydezero: Is that Erin declaring herself in team?

No, just God .

Well that was an obvious comment Joan. Perhaps you should save your breath for cooling your porridge?

Viki

quote:
Originally posted by kingsfold:
So are we saying Yorkshire is hell? Can oyu justify that? (team C)

peace, shalom and have you ever wondered where all the metal id numbers on lamp-posts come from [that was my random tangent to keep us heaven-bound]!

As to me being accused of xenophilia unless all throng Yorkshire-wards ... the reason is in the detail that I am in Yorkshire ... which makes me think of a game ... its called County Crescent,

I'll naturally be going from

Yorkshire to Northumbria

though that's obvious of course [superior look, smug grin ... fear of a dark shadow coming from the east ... gulp! ... is it a black-rider or some hostly figure ruling such games out of heaven ... help!!!]

Posted by RuthW (# 13) on :

We haven't had a decent row in Hell in ages, and I had a rotten day. Woke up feeling vaguely homicidal, but NO ONE gave me an excuse to eviscerate them today. And no one came up with forfeits for hellhosts if this whole thing goes south, so to speak. Very remiss of somebody.

quote:
Originally posted by Yaffle:
Does Graham Norton exist when nobody's watching? And what are the implications of this for a post-modern calvinist theology which integrates the insights of pelagian neo-orthodoxy, with particular reference to the liturgical revision pioneered by Vatican II?

Who cares? The postmodernists are just making it up as they go along; any good Episcopalian in the US can tell you that they'll drive the church into the ground before they figure out that the butts their heads are up are not merely linguistic constructs. Calvinism cannot be rehabilitated, pace the earnest if rather pale postings in Purgatory. Pelagianism is patently false, and really not even a very interesting heresy; anyone who doesn't believe in original sin and can't see the world for the sorry, stinking, fallen place it is has been smoking way too much cheap weed. "Neo-orthodoxy" is practically a contradiction in terms, and I'm sure the hidebound hands of our Orthodox brothers and sisters will crush it as unworthy. As for the liturgical revisions of Vatican II, see the postmodernists.

And who the heck is Graham Norton anyway, and why on earth do You Brits think We Yanks are gonna catch all your references when OUR cultural imperialism has been so much more successful than yours in recent years?

I will say one thing for this thread, though: it's the best one on homosexuality I've ever seen.

Need I say it? TEAM C

I've gathered Team A together for a group hug and then we're going to ascribe queer stereotypes to all the smilies. After that we will all relate our first homosexual or near-miss homosexual encounter in the manner of the 'Which was the first album you bought' thread (which we will do by private message since this is heaven after all).

I fear I must jump out of the drawer and declare myself for Team A.

I also must come clean and declare that it was I who came up with the forfeits for some of the hosts.

clare's was that she had to host a round of Mornington Cresent.

We were only half way through the list of hosts when someone (may he be forever blessed) ran over here and divulged the forfeit system. I thought it wisest not to create any more forfeits. But I have seen the error of my ways, and I humbly beg forgiveness for thinking up disagreable tasks for my fellow hosts.

bb - the contrite ( and who is worriting that forfeit is not spelt correctly)

[I have just run it through a spell-checker, and it looks fine.]

Poetry and group hugs?? You lot are clearly a load of people of alternative sexuality. You probably also like Doris Day musicals as well as Graham Norton (for the benefit of the US people he is a camp comedian who is thunderingly unfunny).

And I bet you all eat quiche.

Up the C team.

Graham Norton lives on Mornington Cres ............

P

the A team

Posted by Chapelhead (# 1143) on :

Team H would like to organise a Shipmeet at a recording of the Graham Norton programme (we could call in a Ship's outing ). So would one of the host kindly move this thread to its proper place in All Saints.

Many thanks.

Posted by Nunc_Dimittis (# 848) on :

Get your facts straight. Since when has Graham Norton been a US comedian? (Although I have to confess he has made front page news in every Diocesan newspaper in the Anglican Communion.

Graham Norton is the Bishop of South Yarrawarrawee. His sexual deviance has been sprouted around the world after he raved naked with a blue light on the front lawn of his episcopal palace. It was revealed by private sources that this behaviour was triggered by excessive stress levels. The Bishop, it was told, was secretly seeing most of the members of his diocese - and apparently had fathered, unbeknowns to any of his partners, several entire families. He apparently "married" several men, who were convinced he was interested in them. Stephen* claims to have had a seamy relationship with the Bishop, which involved nuns and confessionals.

"Oh, I never even knew he was a bishop! Although I wondered where he obtained all those FABulous stimulants and sex toys. Well, fancy that!"

This feeling is mutual throughout most of Bishop Norton's diocese. His actions have prompted the more evangelical wing of his diocese to demand not only the bishop's resignation, but his deprivation of holy orders. Some have also suggested that the Bishop may require serious psychiatric handling before he make an appearance in public again. Moves are underway to investigate the disappearance of tat from several parishes (originally banned for "lack of the appropriate Faculty"), apparently connected with the Bishop's activities.

*All names have been changed to protect individuals' privacy.

Definitely TEAM C. This thread belongs in HELL!!!!

I DEFY anyone to tell me Bishop Norton is not crazy!

Nunc, so angry ! I fear that if you were ever to meet Bishop Norton you may beat him

P

having a Team C moment

Chapelhead - thank you! - team H for me

We could get our hosts to perform their forfeits on the 'sooooo Graham Norton show'

quote:
Originally posted by Nunc_Dimittis:
Get your facts straight. Since when has Graham Norton been a US comedian?

Get your own facts straight. Who the **** ever said he was? Deal with it. Get a life. Don't you have anything better to do? And so on.

Team C.

Posted by ChastMastr (# 716) on :

Teams A, B, and C.

On a thread dealing with homosexuality.

This is uncanny.

David
Kind of B-A Side B but recently redefined as a B-ish Side C depending on definitions of Side B; definitely Side E though
(And involved on B-A)

I think team C is winning! And I've run out of heavenly ideas to keep us here. Oh woe. Ooooh. I wonder how many expressions of sadness we can think up...

Posted by Isegrim (# 1256) on :

I challenge everyone to continue posting this thred without using the smilie for the next 20 posts.

I bet you can't !

*returns group hug*

Oh my dear sarky, that was an obvious statement, but

tat

is never ob
vi
ous

especially when
(the rain-time shining)

Fiddletats come out to

play in Just
Spring
(green for correctness)

oops, have I
g
o
n
e
and turned this

(always and everywhen)
MW?

Posted by Ham 'n' Eggs (# 629) on :

Team G are on a roll!

quote:
Originally posted by Ham 'n' Eggs:
Team G are on a roll!

Is that a ham'n'eggs roll?

Bloody men are like bloody busses -
Which is why it's good we don't need them.

quote:
Originally posted by Joan the Dwarf:
MW?

Honey, don't you even think that! MW has quite enough tat queens already.

This thread is obviously suited to Heaven. Just look how many posts it has, in such a short space of time. Heaven is its natural home.

Quite a few times in the reading of this thread I have had a major guffaw, twice I have even slapped my desk. I keep getting strange looks from my husband, and he is quite forgiving about SoF-frivolities.

This is just Heavenly.

bb

Posted by Stephen (# 40) on :

quote:
Originally posted by babybear:

I also must come clean and declare that it was I who came up with the forfeits for some of the hosts.

clare's was that she had to host a round of Mornington Cresent.

Oh,goody.....

quote:
Definitely TEAM C. This thread belongs in HELL!!!!

I DEFY anyone to tell me Bishop Norton is not crazy!

I'll put you down as a "maybe" for the outing to Bishop Norton's television programme, then.

Now, who else?

*sigh*

If you took the trouble to read this friggin' thread, you would see it has nothing to do with some dumb-ass Australian bishop.

BTW, if anyone asks, a) I don't mean any bishop in particular b) can't you friggin' dumb-asses take a joke???????????

RuthW why do you need a reason to eviscarate anyone? You're a hellhost, so use your powers! If you need some practice the stupid frigging idiots who think Heaven's the place to be should do nicely!

With all this group hugging, it's obvious Team A have spent worrying amounts of time in group therapy - possibly for alcohol-related problems?

And as for the Joan thing...

All I can say is RuthW, polish your claws, and go maul someone. Tomb'll show you how, if you need a reminder..

Viki

(P.S. If people get flamed in a post, does that send the thread to Hell?)

quote:

No, as it is deemed to be a parody of real flaming, therefore belongs in Heaven.

Unless Team C can prove otherwise..........

[UBB Code edited]

[ 27 January 2002: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

Of Man's First venture to the Fruit
Of that Forbidden Love, whose silent Name
Brought Balance to the World, yet came in woe,
With loss of'Acceptance, till one greater Man
Restore us, and then gain the blissful Seat,
Sing Heav'nly Muse...

History
Of
Managing
Often
Satisfies
Enquiries;
Xeroxing
Usually
Avoids
Litigation
Involving
Troubled
Youth

Team A (though I don't care for Group Hugs)

Group hugs? You have to be joking. Group backstabbings more like.

C

I think Graham Norton should be the next Archbishop of Canterbury.

He is friendly towards gay clergy, has good links with the Roman Catholic church and in fact was a Roman Catholic priest for a time (albeit in a television programme, and would therefore know how to lead the country in a crisis.

I am sure he would be very good with young people too.
Possibly B now, unless I am being very sarcastic and satirical

quote:
Originally posted by sarkycow:

Sheesh. Yet another brain dead Team A type with no sense of humour who can't tell the difference between a joke and the real thing.

quote:
RuthW why do you need a reason to eviscarate anyone? You're a hellhost, so use your powers! If you need some practice the stupid frigging idiots who think Heaven's the place to be should do nicely!

Well, I meant in real life. And in real life, it usually looks better in court if I have a reason for feeding someone their own bowels.

I do share your views about the frigging idiots who think discussion of homosexuality belongs in heaven. I betcha they all think they've got a handy solution to the problems in the Middle East, too. Something along the lines of "Let's all hold hands and sing!"

yes lets ... (Team A member getting smugger than ever).... lets hold hands and sing!!

What shall we sing people,

I know, lets discussed 'favourite peace and love songs ever' then have a knockout competition / vote thingy.

Someone else pick a song ...

Well let's! Protest songs included. I'll start with the hoary old chestnut 'We Shall Overcome'.

From The Drew Carey Show:

Misunderstanding Female Character: Are you gay?

Drew: Of course I'm not gay! Would I have this kind of [overweight] body if I were gay?

[Edited to avoid a coup for Team C]

[ 28 January 2002: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

quote:
Sheesh. Yet another brain dead Team A type with no sense of humour who can't tell the difference between a joke and the real thing.

Er, Spike, Sarkycow's on your team.

As usual, Hell's faction will descend into a chaos requiring Administrative Intervention.

quote:
Isegrim (thats me) wrote:
I challenge everyone to continue posting this thred without using the smilie for the next 20 posts.

I bet you can't !

15 posts later...

quote:

Spike wrote:
[B]Sheesh. Yet another brain dead Team A type with no sense of humour who can't tell the difference between a joke and the real thing.[B]

Told you so!!!

Yeah? Got a problem with that then?

Posted by Ja Ja Biggs (# 2241) on :

quote:
Originally posted by shawn:
Just kidding.

One would like to quote Freud but his theories on Homosexuality are not testicle.... (sorry) testable.

quote:
Originally posted by Belisarius:
Er, Spike, Sarkycow's on your team.

As usual, Hell's faction will descend into a chaos requiring Administrative Intervention.

Evidently you've missed the point. In Hell we are not obliged to be nice to each other. We co-exist in a state of mutual antipathy, only rarely agreeing on anything. Occasionally, we work together for our own individual benefit. In short, it's very like your average office.

Shove that up your jumper.

quote:

Well, now, that's the point, isn't it?!

If Team A would just SHUT UP WITH THAT AWFUL RACKET THEY CALL SINGING perhaps they'd have a chance to grab a clue!

Posted by Dyfrig (# 15) on :

I hereby announce the creation of Team D whose aim is to have this thread transferred to Kerygmania.

[clears throat]

This thread should be transferred to Kerygmania.

quote:
Originally posted by Carmel:
In Hell we are not obliged to be nice to each other. We co-exist in a state of mutual antipathy, only rarely agreeing on anything. Occasionally, we work together for our own individual benefit. In short, it's very like your average office.

Shove that up your jumper.

Well, you would say that though.

A HOMOSEXUAL ther was, a man,
Y lovyere-lik and lusty, cleped "Ann".
He was as fressh as is the month of May,
And ne enow espyen Doris Day.
Upon his arm he baar a gay bracer
(Much liken of the younge Soho pacer),
And hose smal he war on his behind,
And t-shirt wit y-streached in this kind.
Full semely he minced in the strete,
And sayde "Oooo" to al the folk he mete.
And to the ilke sayth to maken hay:
He was a verray, parfit gentil gay.

this is great! Team C are having a fight!

scrap! scrap!

I'm so pleased (in a Hellish way) to be on Team C

Posted by bessie rosebride (# 1738) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Isegrim:
Isegrim (thats me) wrote:

I bet you can't !

15 posts later...

Spike wrote:

Told you so!!!

BAH HUMBUG !!!!!!

and by the way - is your signature to be taken as a sexual threat ???

(signing on for the C Team - faithfully yours)

[Tsk--Team A has clean up Team C's mess again.]

[ 28 January 2002: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

quote:
Well, you would say that though.

You're just jealous because I thought of it first.

quote:
Originally posted by bessie rosebride:
[QB

[Tsk--Team A has clean up Team C's mess again.]

[/QB]

Well if the sanctimonious do gooders that run this site gave us the ability to edit our own posts you wouldn't have to. It was so much better on the old boards.

Belisarius

On an ordinary day, I would thank you for tidying up my UBB Code, but since I am on a mission to send this thread to The Dogs (Hounds of Hell ) I must refrain.

I couldn't care less what my post looks like, and besides - it was not my fault #$@****&& - I was prohibited from posting with more than 8 of these FIRE ANT THINGS or whatever they're called and got
messed up deleting some.

But since this is still Heaven, I suppose you must keep everything correct and proper....

quote:
Well if the sanctimonious do gooders that run this site gave us the ability to edit our own posts you wouldn't have to. It was so much better on the old boards.

YES, and this too..

quote:
bessie rosebride wrote:-
and by the way - is your signature to be taken as a sexual threat ???

You are quite welcome to take it as a sexual threat should you so desire to do so!

Looks more like a friggin' dyslexual threat to me.

Dosen't. Sheesh! Are you guys too lazy to check your spelling or too friggin' stupid?

(BTW, any accusation of stupidity here is in your own heads, ya lily livered wimps. It's all the other guys I'm talking about.)

As per bloody usual the do-gooders start well, and then lose their inspiration. Or run out of energy

So much more milage in hatred and anger.

Maybe they should just admit to being the losers we all know they are?

Viki

Woo! Thanks team A! (highfives all round).
That was great, what shall we sing now?

(and I loved that poem JtD)

Can it be that the Toucan Club has lost its soul and is dying? (Leunig)

This thread should be transferred to Kerygmania.

Rah, rah, team D
heaven's greatest...er...team D?
rah...rah?

Umm...

Posted by Nunc_Dimittis (# 848) on :

*brandishes Woods BGF Sword(tm)*

SEE HERE YA ALL! I've borrowed this here sword from Wood.

And if I don't see the end of those revolting group hugs, disgusting overdone sixties protest songs appropriate only to Flower Children of the most seedy, spaced-out-on-weed types, I'll lop your friggin heads off.

THAT CLEAR ALREADY?!!!

It's disgusting and gross to see a bunch of otherwise sane adults behaving like four year olds on a mushy-lets-get-married-day.

Lily livered po faces! Come on, I dare you! Come get me!

Aha! But not before you feel the bight of Wood's Steel!

*red hair flames in all directions and living flames dart out from her very being*

quote:
*brandishes Woods BGF Sword(tm)*

SEE HERE YA ALL! I've borrowed this here sword from Wood.

Ah, poor Nunc. You are rather behind the times. Wood had to return his BGF Sword when he resigned from the Heavenly Host. As a 'departure present' the host clubbed together and made him a lovely cardboard copy of his BGF Sword. (I believe that Erin still has the orginal.)

But still, if you are happiest when running around with your hair on fire, and weilding cardboard sword, then who am I to stop you.

If you haave moment, can you stick your hair in the fireplace and light the fire please.

bb

Glad to see Nunc is gathering the props for the show!

Posted by Quizmaster (# 1435) on :

This seems like a competition to me so why was I not asked to adjudicate?

It seems to me that you all have a valid case so what is needed is legal argument based on past precedent, as that is how for many many years the British justice system has worked.

It strikes me that this thread can be viewed as a microcosm of life itself. There are many people working so far successfully to keep it heavenly, and if it is to be enjoyed by all safely that is where it must stay.

Some who would like to see it go to Hell think that just by being nasty or swearing loudly the whole thing will have to be taken to a place where such things are commonplace.

Some think that by using erudite argument the correct platform for such a discussion is Purgatory, the home of cerebral material.

Then there are the loonies.........

I am willing to pass judgement on you all, thus condemning myself to eternal damnation if you will succinctly apply legal (or ship) precedent in the quest to determine the best resting place for a thread such as this.

To summarise (and in so doing declare my support for team B) and make it easier on all those who hate reading several pages of garbage, the various teams are:

Team A: Heaven - No obvious leader
Team B: Purgatory - Leader Clare
Team C: Hell - Spike and Kieran
Team D: Kerygmania - Sharkshooter and Dyfrig
Team E: The Styx - No support whatsoever
Team F: Urban Myths - Paul W
Team G: Mystery Worshipper - Ham 'n' Eggs
Team H: All Saints - Chapelhead and Strathclydezero
Team O: Archive - Qestia
Team Z: (?) - Firenze
Team with no name: Small Fire - Starbelly

Time to take sides, pledge allegiance and risk total annihilation, excommunication, burning fires of hell, damnation, nothingness, emptiness, and death if you pick the wrong team.

quote from NUNC_DIMWITTIS:
quote:
*red hair flames in all directions and living flames dart out from her very being*

I knew it!! Satan is a woman!!! Who would've thought the Prince of Darkness suffered from... ehm... "sword" envy. Needless to say Team C has already won! Since we could not bring the thread to hell, we have brought Hell to the thread! HA! Fools! all is lost!

Quizmaster - fantastic to see you are starting to organise people for the Graham Norton show shipmeet already - couldn't have done it better myself! I'm assuming all those posting here will be present - wouldn't want people pulling out at the last minute!

This thread sh-

Oh, I can't be arsed with this.

Sharkshooter - you're on your own.

Interesting Trivia--the term "camp" literally comes from the army camp shows with guys in grass skirts and coconut bras, etc.

That's right! Team A has no leader. We are an anarcho-syndicalist collective. And we're all too, like, fluffy to get organised. Looks like we'll have to stop singing because it's disturbing the other brethren and sistren.

How bout a panto! Woo! Let's see. Cinderella? Bags being the handsome Prince. Ooo oo! Who's going to be Cinderella? Babybear maybe? Wood and Pyx_e can be the ugly stepsisters! Atticus can be the one of the lizards that turns into a footman. Or is it mice? I'm a bit out of touch with Cinders. The mice become horses, don't they? Late Q can clap the coconut halves together in time. Isegrim and Stephen didn't declare but there's plenty of horse and footman parts.

More to the point. Who's going to be the FAIRY GODMOTHER!? Woo!! Belisarius and JtD can fight it out and the loser gets to be my faithful servant who travels around with me while we try the slipper on all the hopefuls in the kingdom. Yay!

quote:
Originally posted by Quizmaster:
To summarise (and in so doing declare my support for team B) and make it easier on all those who hate reading several pages of garbage...

Oh yeah? And who asked you??? Mind your own business and get back to hosting your pathetic girly quizzes.

And as for Coot's suggestion for a poncy panto - well 'scuse me while I puke.

A more relevant to-do for this thread would be a scenery-chewing presentation of "The Children's Hour"--just resist the urge to add a happy ending.

Posted by Kieran (# 58) on :

Ooh. Spike's awfully macho, isn't he?

Panto forsooth. Don't you have any fashion sense? Panto is out. It's the wrong time of year. Nobody would be seen dead at a panto in January. Anyway, the visual images this conjures up are positively emetic.

Well, cetainly we can arrange a trip to the panto, as well as going to see Graham Norton. Now, if I can have an indication of who is interested we can get this thread over to All Saints and I can start organising.

quote:
Team C: Hell - Spike and Kieran

<snip>

Time to take sides, pledge allegiance and risk total annihilation, excommunication, burning fires of hell, damnation, nothingness, emptiness, and death if you pick the wrong team.

This is nothing to the fate you will suffer if you DON'T EVEN LIST EVERYONE ON THE ONLY TEAM THAT REALLY MATTERS.

Ruth
hellhost and Team C

From the movie Stiff Upper Lips:

Uncle Horace: ...you and Cedric are so different--he's so queer, yet you're so gay.

Edward: Oh, we're more alike than you think...

Yeah? And what makes you think you matter then Ruth?

Ooooooh!! OOoooooh!!

***leaps up and down with glee***

You broke the first commandment!!!!!!

Which is:

If you deliberately set out to antagonise or offend other shipmates you risk having your membership suspended for a time or cancelled for ever.

Now someone's going to bust your dumb-assed dumb ass!!!!!*****

*****BTW that's NOT A FRIGGIN' INSULT, it's a reference to Balaam in case you can't recognise a biblical quote when you see one.

[Now Team D - at least temporarily]

Now I am setting myself up as the LEADER of Team E.

Erin, I would like you on my side! (wouldn't we all ....)

Do you not think that this thread is a perfect and enjoyable method of explaining to the new arrivals exactly which thread is which and what should go where.

This should be in THE STYX for all new arrivals to view and understand the workings of the ship.

The lone remaining Team D member (figuring that Arietty will soon be leaving the Team):

Gen. 19:5 (KJV) "[5] And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them."

Does this verse talk about homosexuality? Discuss.

quote:

Flattering the hosts will get you nowhere.
Especially the STYX.

Chapelhead - glad to see you've offered to organise the meet, should get things moving along. Now - where's Angel when you need her?

Posted by the Angel of the North (# 60) on :

quote:
Originally posted by strathclydezero:
Chapelhead - glad to see you've offered to organise the meet, should get things moving along. Now - where's Angel when you need her?

Here.

quote:
Yeah? And what makes you think you matter then Ruth?

Hey, I can recognize an infiltrator from Team D, you Bible-thumping exegete, you! A true member of Team C would know that we don't merely think in Hell -- we know.

Spike, I denounce you as an infidel. Don't try to pass yourself off as a Denizen of the Depths when you're clearly one of those patient, earnest nit-pickers from Kerygmania.

Posted by Erin (# 2) on :

quote:
Now I am setting myself up as the LEADER of Team E.

Do you not think that this thread is a perfect and enjoyable method of explaining to the new arrivals exactly which thread is which and what should go where.

This should be in THE STYX for all new arrivals to view and understand the workings of the ship.

Actually, early on I declared myself Supreme Being, so ultimately whichever team kisses sufficient ass (money, liquor and/or chocolate will do just fine) wins. None of this candy-assed mercy and leniency for me!

Posted by Elaine from the bar (# 1668) on :

quote:
Originally posted by strathclydezero:
Quizmaster - fantastic to see you are starting to organise people for the Graham Norton show shipmeet already

Graham Norton shipmeet difficult for me to get to - I suggest Hook Norton where the beer is better.

Team H

Oh, and I'd better have become a Shipmate with this post, or I'll have a major strop and flame all the administrators and technical people until I am look really stupid when they are right and I'm not

... or perhaps Team E

quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
Spike, I denounce you as an infidel. Don't try to pass yourself off as a Denizen of the Depths when you're clearly one of those patient, earnest nit-pickers from Kerygmania.

Yeah. But what do you expect when his star sign is Virgo. Totally unsuited to leading the C team. Let's depose him.

And Elaine should be In Here. Now.

quote:
early on I declared myself Supreme Being

That puts you in the Purgatory team I reckon.

Spike isn't on Team D, because any Team D member would not be trying to pretend he is anything but a Team D member.

Dyfrig, where are you?

Feeling all alone on Team D, and think a team of one is not really a team...

and, feeling p***ed off that Dyfrig didn't try hard enough...

and, absolutely hating group hugs...

and, thinking Team C is a better alternative than being a team of one...

If they'll have me...

And even if they don't want me,

I officially declare that I am leaving Team D and joining Team C...

And I don't give a hoot what anyone else thinks.

Sharkshooter, we might take you on ... if in your next post you can give us one good reason why we should. Or settle the homosexuality debate for once and for all. Either one is fine.

I fear that the moving house business, though pressing, has lost any wisp of minor momentum that team B achieved. Therefore, we welcome anyone who is feeling lost or isolated at the moment, or is feeling like they don't really belong to their team any more. Sometimes lables are not the most useful things to descroibe human beings with.

The question is, when people genuinely feel that they cannot subscribe to the majority lifestyle, what should they do? Could the church ever be a safe house for these lost souls? Could team B?

clare

Posted by Kerry (# 202) on :

I thought I was a team B person, because I was feeling rational. Then I decided I was probably a team A person, because I was feeling Then I decided I must be a team C person, because

So now I am

Can anyone solve my identity crisis?

quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
Sharkshooter, we might take you on ... if in your next post you can give us one good reason why we should. Or settle the homosexuality debate for once and for all. Either one is fine.

I didn't think, in Team C I would have to debate anything, I thought we could just say whatever we wanted. Isn't debating for Team B?

So, then I think I need a good reason why you should take me on your team...

Because Team C wants me.

Because I am drawn to the company of Team C.

Why not?

(adapted from the "one good reason thread)

So, do I get a membership card?

quote:
Originally posted by sharkshooter:
Because Team C wants me.

Don't kid yourself, fishface.

So, do I get a membership card?[/QUOTE]

No, you hellishly well don't. If you'd come in here, banged the virtual counter and demanded one I might be inclined to think you were suitable material for our infernal team, but if you have the temerity to actually ask if you can have one, I am delighted to snarl back, NO. Is that clear enough? Push off and join whatever group of dysfunctional idiots are currently pretending to be some other team.

Bangs the virtual counter (and hurts virtual hand in the process)

Give me a Team C Membership Card!

I'm obviously going to have to work hard at this, AND I WILL!

Bangs the counter with the other hand and now has trouble typing.

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry:
I thought I was a team B person, because I was feeling rational. Then I decided I was probably a team A person, because I was feeling Then I decided I must be a team C person, because

So now I am

Can anyone solve my identity crisis?

Since you are I command you to go to the Heaven Team or see if All Saints can possibly fit you in. YOU ARE NO MATCH FOR THE TEAM C OF HELL

You must have absolute bullheaded NO DOUBT I'M RIGHT opinions to survive in Hell and must be ready to fight to the death (or at least the scalding of your skin) to maintain your beliefs.

will never make it - we'll fry you alive...

My appeal to Erin was met by her usual short sharp comments and an offer to take bribes.

She obviously spends a lot of time with Team C people, so have the rest of us got any chance? Should we keep fighting for what we believe in or go with God herself?

quote:
Originally posted by sharkshooter:
Give me a Team C Membership Card!

No.

quote:
I'm obviously going to have to work hard at this, AND I WILL!

There you are, you see, if you were really hellish like the rest of us, you wouldn't have to work at it, it would all come naturally. Besides, it's far more fun to tell you you can't have one, when you so clearly want one, and we don't have them anyway!

quote:
Bangs the counter with the other hand and now has trouble typing.

Wimp.

Posted by jlg (# 98) on :

Well, I wanted to support Team D, but I'm not too good on Bible verses, so how about Team A:

Shawn started this thread as a lark,
but a firestorm has grown from that spark.
A small crew is gaming,
Team C fights by flaming,
And new shipmates are left in the dark.

The sharpest intellect is able to gather all the information and use it to present a case as far removed from reason as is possible.

Er ....

Me? I reckon I should change my allegiance now, and fight for team O. The ultimate resting place of this thread should be The Archive.

OK, Call me liberal.

Well, there is no solution for the sniveling wallflower outcasts except to form yet another Team for yet another Board and cast these pathetic souls there.

TEAM Q - QUEER LIMBO.....

Good Limerick--Here's another acrostic:

Help
Organize
More
Opulence;
Supplying
Exotic
Xanthum
Unguents
Amplifies
Leisures
Involving
Trendy
Yuppies.

[Forgot a Letter]

[ 30 January 2002: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

quote:
Originally posted by clare:
I fear that the moving house business, though pressing, has lost any wisp of minor momentum that team B achieved. Therefore, we welcome anyone who is feeling lost or isolated at the moment, or is feeling like they don't really belong to their team any more. Sometimes lables are not the most useful things to descroibe human beings with.

The question is, when people genuinely feel that they cannot subscribe to the majority lifestyle, what should they do? Could the church ever be a safe house for these lost souls? Could team B?

clare

People like that will BURN IN HELL FOR ETERNITY!!

[Your compliment is very much appreciated, Belisarius.]

So in support of Team A, I will now attempt my first Ship acrostic:

However
Often
Men
Offer
Sustenance,
Earth
Xenophobics
Always
Let
Italians
Take
Yours.

I would say:

TAKE THAT YOU WORTHLESS TEAM C SCUM

except that as a Team A member
I'm not allowed to say that sort of thing

Nyah

Posted by Siegfried (# 29) on :

How dare any of you make light of such an important issue as homosexuality?! I'm deeply offended and demand this thread be closed!!!!

Btw.. I'm joining team C.

quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
Btw.. I'm joining team C.

Says who? We may not want your sort

quote:
Says who? We may not want your sort

And who died and gave you the right to decide who's on Hell's team then? You're not even a member. RuthW (A HOST) kicked you out. So push off somewhere else with your recto-cranial inversion assumptions!

Freak!

Viki

quote:
And who died and gave you the right to decide who's on Hell's team then? You're not even a member. RuthW (A HOST) kicked you out.

Now wait a minute. I deposed him. Any more trouble from you and you'll be singing soprano in the Team A choir.

Before Team C goes completely to pieces -- oh, sorry, too late ...

Anyway, I think we have a winner here. How any right-thinking person can say this thread still belongs in Heaven is utterly beyond me. Even left-thinking people (woolly liberals that we are -- granola forever!) should be able to recognize the essential Hellishness of this thread.

And while Kieran gave Spike a good push, I administered the coup de grace. And I'd do it again.

You're next.

So is this Heaven or is this Hell..?

It is so heavenly to see you Hell Hounds enjoying yourselves so freely.

Q: How many militant lesbians does it take to change a light bulb?

A: THAT'S NOT FUNNY!!

[ 31 January 2002: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

quote:
Originally posted by Kieran:
You're next.

Just try it. I double dog dare ya.

Done.

On the other hand, this is just too easy. Any real hell host who claimed to be on Team C would have shifted this thread to Hell ages ago without any of that nonsense about fair play and waiting to see who was going to win, then locked it so nobody else could have the last word. But you didn't, did you.

Posted by nicolemrw (# 28) on :

oh its so nice to see everyone having such a good time with this thread that i have to give you all a big hug and lots of kisses!

From the Springfield Gay Pride Parade--

Marchers: We're here! We're queer! Get used to it!

Lisa Simpson: But we are used to it! You've been having this parade for years!

(Pause)

Marcher: Party Pooper!

I think this calls for a musical interlude.

[pulls out CDs of kd lang, tracy chapman and michelle shocked]

Oo oo. I'm just soooo 80s. Who shall we have first? What's that? You want the Village People?

quote:
Any real hell host who claimed to be on Team C would have shifted this thread to Hell ages ago without any of that nonsense about fair play and waiting to see who was going to win,

Ah but you see, you can take the girl out of Purgatory but you can't take Purgatory out of the girl...........

Discuss, with suitable biblical references.

- Just giving Team D a trial to see how I like it.

Time for one of those Cross Tics.

How
Often
Men
Only
See
Externally.
X-rays
Uncover
All
Longevous
Internals
Testifying
Youthfulness.

quote:
Originally posted by nicolemrw:
oh its so nice to see everyone having such a good time with this thread that i have to give you all a big hug and lots of kisses!

But that's a hellish thing to do nicole as I saw you barfing on an earlier thread

Ain't it great when even heavenly gestures become hellish?

Viki

Posted by nicolemrw (# 28) on :

well actually, i'm not totally sure about this, but i do believe that i posted the hugs and kisses here before i posted the barfing in hell.

however, that aside, remember, this is heaven, and therefore, no matter what my condition elsewhere, here i (as well as everyone else) is perfect! which in this case means perfectly sober and not barfing.

quote:
Lisa Simpson: But we are used to it! You've been having this parade for years!

I have got to see this episode.

I nominate Lisa Simpson as an honorary Heaven Host!

quote:
Originally posted by jlg:
I nominate Lisa Simpson as an honorary Heaven Host!

Why, because she's annoying and opinionated? And that would make her fit in as a heavenly host?

Viki

South Park's Big Gay Al could be made Honorary OP.

Posted by Miss Dree-Saint (# 2777) on :

[Post not quite suited to the nature of the thread; moved to new thread.]

[ 16 June 2002, 03:05: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

Hmm, re the parades above, last week we had ours in DC (it was a lot of fun! Got sunburnt on Sunday at the festival though) and one is in Baltimore this weekend. I hope to make it to the festival tomorrow -- alas, I was sick with a summer cold today.

I take it All Saints doesn't have a version of this thread yet.

Apologies if the above post sounded curt, but the Heavenly impetus does seem to have run out of steam; serious debate and personal experience (no matter how innocuous) don't really fit here. It's probably best to retire the thread back to its pre-archive status.

© Ship of Fools 2016