Thread: Secret Santa: Yea or Nay? Board: The Circus / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=28;t=002299

Posted by Uncle Pete (# 10422) on :

Secret Santa has been slowing. So here is a poll.

Posted by Uncle Pete (# 10422) on :

Actually, the post is the real Grinch. [Frown]

Posted by St. Gwladys (# 14504) on :

Thanks Uncle Pete.

Posted by Lothlorien (# 4927) on :

Thanks Pete. for practical reasons, I will not take part, but think the idea is great for all who can do it.

Posted by Gill H (# 68) on :

Thanks Pete

It is getting ever more difficult to find postable items within the price range - but it is usually the only present I get these days which I don't know the nature of beforehand! So I would love to keep it going.

The best SS present I ever got was delivered by hand unexpectedly on Christmas afternoon, by a Shipmate I had never met who wasn't even local to me!

Posted by Brenda Clough (# 18061) on :

I can find (or make!) items to give. But I find it difficult to persuade myself that I need or even want anything. I'm at the time of life where I need to get rid of stuff, not get more. So I myself am not going to participate.

Posted by ArachnidinElmet (# 17346) on :

I love getting random things that I never would have bought myself. A shopping bag from last year's Secret Santa has proved to be exactly the right size for half-a-dozen different uses.

I think some present-giving Shipmates may be psychic [Paranoid]

Posted by Baker (# 18458) on :

I play SS here in the USA, and I don't mind sending overseas. On another board where we play, it's mostly US players, but we usually have a few UK players, or from Australia?New Zealand.

Posted by Dormouse (# 5954) on :

Have voted. Brenda perhaps you could take part (as handmade goodies are nice to receive) but ask that the Santer to your Santee gives a donation to a charity close to your/their heart.

[ 27. August 2017, 12:03: Message edited by: Dormouse ]

Posted by Brenda Clough (# 18061) on :

hmm, a thought.

Posted by Lyda*Rose (# 4544) on :

Like the Floating Fund? [Smile]

Posted by Rossweisse (# 2349) on :

I find it interesting that the results for both questions are currently lined up exactly: 74% to 26%.

(To find out the questions, of course, you'll have to vote.)

Posted by churchgeek (# 5557) on :

I've done it in the past, but the last couple of years or so, didn't have enough money to participate. I'm now gainfully employed and will want to participate this year! I especially love exchanging gifts with folks overseas. Especially when they send chocolates.

Posted by jacobsen (# 14998) on :

If it's not too late, I'm in.

Posted by St. Gwladys (# 14504) on :

Sorry, but there wasn't a big response, so it was "No". It's much more difficult to arrange and meet everyone's preferences with small numbers ☹️

Posted by Gill H (# 68) on :

Fair enough. I could see it being tricky with the change to the new Ship too - so much potential for details to get lost in the move.

© Ship of Fools 2016