Thread: Queen's Speech Board: Purgatory / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=020226

Posted by Gramps49 (# 16378) on :

Forgive me if this has been addressed.

I noted the Queen, speaking on behalf of (her) government, wore a pillbox hat that was very similar to the European Union flag as she was outlining the government's plan to step away from the Union.

She also mentioned that the King and Queen of Spain will be making a state visit shortly.

But there was no mention of the standing invitation (from the May government) for Donald Trump to go there.

I guess #10 has explained that the details of Trump's visit have not been worked out, but the omission is very curious.

I still have not heard any explanation about the hat, though.

Posted by Bishops Finger (# 5430) on :

The Royal Hat has been discussed, somewhat tangentially, on the 'Theresa May to resign, when?' thread.

Some light relief from the whole ghastly mess that is our 'government', at the moment, was sorely needed.

The Nation's Grateful Thanks go to Her Majesty for providing it.

IJ

Posted by Bishops Finger (# 5430) on :

BTW, Americans, please do not add to our misery by mentioning the T-word.

The State Visit of The Odious Orange Ozymandias has been quietly forgotten pro tem, possibly because of Ozymandias' fear of Hyuuge Protests against His Divine Majesticness.

IJ

Posted by Eutychus (# 3081) on :

hosting/

Hmm, do we have a Trump discussion thread?

Yes.

Do we have a Queen disinviting Trump thread?

Yes.

Do we have a thread discussing the new UK government and its related opening of Parliament, including The Hat?

Yes.

Do we need a thread just about the Queen's headgear?

No (at least not in Purgatory).

Thread closed.

/hosting

[ 22. June 2017, 20:51: Message edited by: Eutychus ]

© Ship of Fools 2016