Thread: Haven't we had enough of Deano? Board: Hell / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=005593

Posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider (# 76) on :

I mean, his contribution to this community is slightly less than the 93rd root of bugger all. He's just a reverse black hole spewing bile and crap every time he appears.

Can't he just be planked? He clearly has no intention of anything resembling debating in good faith.

I know we can't avoid things like him in real life, but we don't have that disadvantage here.

Posted by leo (# 1458) on :

Well,I had enough of him a long time ago.

Then again, some have had enough of me.

Live and let live - and be challenged by diverse opinions.

[ 25. June 2016, 19:03: Message edited by: leo ]

It's not his opinions that bother me. It's that he's not really here to discuss them. He's here to show how amazingly superior he is to all these silly lefties, by which he means anyone to the left of Paul Golding.

You notice he posts almost exclusively in Hell? That's because all he's interested in doing is playing the man instead of the ball.

Posted by mousethief (# 953) on :

quote:
Originally posted by leo:
Well,I had enough of him a long time ago.

Then again, some have had enough of me.

Live and let live - and be challenged by diverse opinions.

He has opinions other than nasty comments on other shipmates?

Posted by Doublethink. (# 1984) on :

According to the 15 non-Hell posts out of the 50 he's made since March '16:

[ 25. June 2016, 19:22: Message edited by: Doublethink. ]

Posted by Garasu (# 17152) on :

So under which of the 10 commandments do you want to indict him?

Posted by Alan Cresswell (# 31) on :

We struggle to see any possibility for this thread to avoid Hellish personal comments. So, accordingly that is where it is heading.

Rest assured that deano is well and truly on the radar of the admins. And, the balance of "value to the community" vs "aggravation caused" is most definitely not in his favour. There is precedent in such circumstances for the admins to pump out the bilges. So, deano I advise you to rebalance your contributions here.

Alan
Ship of Fools Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Garasu:

The First. Although in his case it's more jerk-off than plain jerk.

Posted by Spike (# 36) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
You notice he posts almost exclusively in Hell? That's because all he's interested in doing is playing the man instead of the ball.

I disagree. He only posts in Hell because he knows full well that if he posted that shit on any other board he'd be booted before you had time to blink.

Posted by rolyn (# 16840) on :

It always puts a smile on my face seeing Shipmates deal deano when he periodically slithers out of his swamp onto these decks.
Not sure if that's a good enough reason to keep him around though.

Posted by Spike (# 36) on :

quote:
Originally posted by rolyn:
It always puts a smile on my face seeing Shipmates deal deano when he periodically slithers out of his swamp onto these decks.
Not sure if that's a good enough reason to keep him around though.

But that's just it though . If he was doing this all the time, maybe we'd tolerate him a bit more. The trouble is though, that he wanders in from time to time, shits on the carpet and then runs away again.

[ 25. June 2016, 22:07: Message edited by: Spike ]

Posted by Sioni Sais (# 5713) on :

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Garasu:

The First. Although in his case it's more jerk-off than plain jerk.
Definitely the first. Has he posted anything that isn't flame-baiting? Ever?

Posted by Patdys (# 9397) on :

Karl,

Irrespective of Deano, this thread and its progress, that was a shitty thing to do. Posting a 'dislike poster' thread in the Styx sucks.

PM or call to Hell. In my opinion.

quote:
Originally posted by Patdys:
Karl,

Irrespective of Deano, this thread and its progress, that was a shitty thing to do. Posting a 'dislike poster' thread in the Styx sucks.

PM or call to Hell. In my opinion.

You're entitled to your opinion, but in mine "should we put up with this sort of thing" posts do belong in the Styx. Trying to deal with Deano in Hell has achieved nothing, and there comes a point where it's a question of Ship policy whether particular behaviours should be tolerated. As for a PM, I've made the mistake of privately trying to tackle deeply unpleasant characters like this before, and it's even more unpleasant than what happens in Hell, and I have no desire to go there. And one can hardly call someone to Hell when they're already there. Arguing with Deano in Hell is like wrestling a pig in mud - you achieve nothing and the pig enjoys it.

The issue is not that I dislike Deano, although I do, quite deeply, because of the sort of obnoxious individual he is. The issue I raised in Styx is not "get rid of this person because I don't like him", it's "should we as the Ship carry on letting this person disrupt, insult and be generally obnoxious to absolutely no benefit to the Ship as a whole."

[ 25. June 2016, 22:46: Message edited by: Karl: Liberal Backslider ]

PM the adminosphere.
Not Deano.

Yeah, I am happy to agree to disagree.

Posted by no prophet's flag is set so... (# 15560) on :

Yeah, so there's this illusion that negative attention is the opposite of positive attention. When really the opposite of negative and positive attention is ignoring, not responding, not having anything to do with. As it is, a thread like this acts as a wanktrumpet, magnifying the wankage for everyone.

Posted by Doc Tor (# 9748) on :

I concur with both Karl and Alan. The question was raised correctly in Styx, since it is Ship's business. Alan has given an indication as to the current thinking of the Adminisphere, and brought the thread back to Hell, because the subsequent thread will be Hellish.

If anyone would like to question this course of events, Styx is, somewhat recursively, the place to do it.

DT
HH

Posted by Huia (# 3473) on :

Karl, in answer to your question, yes.

I tend to just scroll past now.

Huia

Karl,

Just to be clear. I think you absolutely nailed it here.

quote:
You're not worth it Deano. You're not worth it....

[ 26. June 2016, 08:26: Message edited by: Patdys ]

Posted by molopata (# 9933) on :

Nevertheless, I come out in full support of a Dexit and think this should be effected on the basis of the Ship's Commandments 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6. And of course the broken-record effect.

Posted by Marvin the Martian (# 4360) on :

quote:
He clearly has no intention of anything resembling debating in good faith.

Given that I've spent a good amount of the last couple of months trying to explain the leave side of the referendum in patient, measured and thoughtful ways only to see many of those on the remain side insist over and over again that leavers are just stupid racists with no good arguments, I'd say that accusation can be levelled at more people than just deano.

quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
quote:
He clearly has no intention of anything resembling debating in good faith.

Given that I've spent a good amount of the last couple of months trying to explain the leave side of the referendum in patient, measured and thoughtful ways only to see many of those on the remain side insist over and over again that leavers are just stupid racists with no good arguments, I'd say that accusation can be levelled at more people than just deano.
The problem is, those people can debate in good faith on other topics. Deano has never done so on ANY topic. So, bad comparison. Point stands.

Posted by Doc Tor (# 9748) on :

quote:
leavers are just stupid racists with no good arguments

Not all leavers. But everyone who's a stupid racist voted leave. Everyone who's a clever racist voted leave. Without the racists, Leave wouldn't be in a majority. Without the stupid and the racists, Leave would have been nowhere.

Posted by Sioni Sais (# 5713) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Doc Tor:
quote:
leavers are just stupid racists with no good arguments

Not all leavers. But everyone who's a stupid racist voted leave. Everyone who's a clever racist voted leave. Without the racists, Leave wouldn't be in a majority. Without the stupid and the racists, Leave would have been nowhere.
You've missed out the greedy, the ignorant, the angry and the opportunists. Deano qualifies for all of those. He isn't stupid but he *is* ignorant. Proudly so.

Posted by Stercus Tauri (# 16668) on :

You have to concede that he succeeds and excels at baiting almost everyone. In fact, he is a master-baiter.

Posted by Kelly Alves (# 2522) on :

You bumped the thread for that dumb joke and you're accusing someone else of yanking it?
[Killing me]

[ 04. July 2016, 15:56: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

[Killing me]

Crack that whip.

Posted by Stercus Tauri (# 16668) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
You bumped the thread for that dumb joke and you're accusing someone else of yanking it?
[Killing me]

Touché...

Posted by Ariston (# 10894) on :

Yeah, don't gotta put up with this.

Thread closed.

© Ship of Fools 2016