Thread: Hey, Aijalon, you Pinheaded Bigot Board: Hell / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=005690

Posted by lilBuddha (# 14333) on :

Alright, let's start with a couple of questions.
First, Are you a literalist? If you are, I suppose there is not much need to respond to you, as you will not have the mental capacity to engage.
If you are not a literalist, can provide your location so that we may find you a care facility? It would appear you are in need of supervised care.

If neither of these apply, it would appear you are a bigot and likely a troll. Please come down here and get your arse kicked.

ETA: Link

[ 12. June 2017, 19:51: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

Posted by mr cheesy (# 3330) on :

Aijalon comes from the Boris Johnson school of theology - it came out of my mouth, therefore it must be true.

Posted by ThunderBunk (# 15579) on :

quote:
Originally posted by mr cheesy:
Aijalon comes from the Boris Johnson school of theology - it came out of my mouth, therefore it must be true.

The effluence from their facial cavity has other things in common.

I haven't managed to read the whole post, but my whole being is shaken by the utter, venomous hatred expressed.

Much prayer required. I may be some time.

Posted by Doc Tor (# 9748) on :

Whatever conclusion or otherwise we reach in Styx, no one has to go to DH and read the shit some internet shut-in has typed (except the Hosts, God have mercy on their souls).

quote:
Originally posted by Doc Tor:
Whatever conclusion or otherwise we reach in Styx, no one has to go to DH and read the shit some internet shut-in has typed (except the Hosts, God have mercy on their souls).

....and how else does debate, or indeed, unrest happen? What is the point of a discussion board if the posts are so toxic as to be unreadable?

Yes, yes, I know. But we all have our limits, and recognising what we can and can't read comfortably is necessary for our mental health.

God be with you, comrade.

It appears this troll is a coward as well.

Posted by mousethief (# 953) on :

Well, this thread was as inevitable as the decomposition of unattended organic matter. Only surprise is that it took this long.

[ 13. June 2017, 04:58: Message edited by: mousethief ]

Posted by romanesque (# 18785) on :

Surely the way to prove someone wrong is to debate their position, not start a thread saying Prove You're Not A Complete C***.

note: I haven't a clue what Aijalon's metaphysical views are but I doubt playground politics will throw any light on them.

Posted by Golden Key (# 1468) on :

romanesque--

Uh, you really might want to check out the rules for this board (Hell) before saying anything more.

quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
romanesque--

Uh, you really might want to check out the rules for this board (Hell) before saying anything more.

If my allusion to the OP's explicit and implicit point in the thread title breeches forum etiquette, you need to explain how. At no point have a favoured any scriptural interpretation, I'm arguing against calling someone a pinhead as a means of opening out debate on the topic. If Hell is cool with expressing fury at other posters in the most uncompromising way, I shall certainly bear that in mind. If I've rung some other bell, speak out.

Hell may be a place for debate, but it's especially a place for the inchoate rage when debate breaks down.

lilBuddha can express her OP in any way she sees fit without other posters necessarily getting their panties in a bunch.

DT
HH

quote:
Originally posted by romanesque:
If my allusion to the OP's explicit and implicit point in the thread title breeches forum etiquette, you need to explain how. At no point have a favoured any scriptural interpretation, I'm arguing against calling someone a pinhead as a means of opening out debate on the topic. If Hell is cool with expressing fury at other posters in the most uncompromising way, I shall certainly bear that in mind. If I've rung some other bell, speak out.

Oh look, the other tool turns up to defend his brother. Do idiots always hunt in pairs?

Posted by Moo (# 107) on :

quote:
If Hell is cool with expressing fury at other posters in the most uncompromising way, I shall certainly bear that in mind.

That is exactly what Hell is there for. It was set up to provide a separate place for shippies to express their outrage about things said on other boards. It lets the other boards keep threads on track.

You really should pay much more attention to the culture of the ship. Many people read the boards for quite a while before they join; others post very circumspectly for awhile after they join. Every group has its own characteristics; you should learn what the ship is like, rather than complaining that it's not what you think it should be.

Moo

Posted by Gamaliel (# 812) on :

Goodness me, Aijalon has only been here for 5 minutes and he's been called to Hell already.

Is this a record?

quote:
[QB] Hell may be a place for debate, but it's especially a place for the inchoate rage when debate breaks down.

Got it. Inner child welcome here.

quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
quote:
If Hell is cool with expressing fury at other posters in the most uncompromising way, I shall certainly bear that in mind.

That is exactly what Hell is there for. It was set up to provide a separate place for shippies to express their outrage about things said on other boards. It lets the other boards keep threads on track.

You really should pay much more attention to the culture of the ship. Many people read the boards for quite a while before they join; others post very circumspectly for awhile after they join. Every group has its own characteristics; you should learn what the ship is like, rather than complaining that it's not what you think it should be.

Moo

No complaints here, I was asking why I'd been warned about my behaviour. If the board is a bun fight I'm happy to bring buns. It won't stop people telling me they're the wrong sort of bun and I should have asked before bringing them, but I get that now.

quote:
No complaints here, I was asking why I'd been warned about my behaviour. If the board is a bun fight I'm happy to bring buns. It won't stop people telling me they're the wrong sort of bun and I should have asked before bringing them, but I get that now.

Isn't it amazing how those who are so forthright in proclaiming The Truth are so thin skinned and unable to read. Amazing.

quote:
Originally posted by mr cheesy:
Isn't it amazing how those who are so forthright in proclaiming The Truth are so thin skinned and unable to read. Amazing. [/QB]

Yes, amazing. Absolutely. Or whatever.

Posted by Moo (# 107) on :

quote:
If the board is a bun fight I'm happy to bring buns. It won't stop people telling me they're the wrong sort of bun and I should have asked before bringing them, but I get that now.

Hell is not a bun fight; it is a safety valve.

Moo

quote:
Yes, amazing. Absolutely. Or whatever.

You really are a pathetic spoon, aren't you.

quote:
quote:
If the board is a bun fight I'm happy to bring buns. It won't stop people telling me they're the wrong sort of bun and I should have asked before bringing them, but I get that now.

Hell is not a bun fight; it is a safety valve.

Moo

A safety valve for what? An inability to debate people with different opinions? An insistence that people reach the same conclusion or you'll call them a nasty name? A demand that everyone dance to a secular tune or die?

Sounds like a bun fight to me.

quote:

A safety valve for what? An inability to debate people with different opinions? An insistence that people reach the same conclusion or you'll call them a nasty name? A demand that everyone dance to a secular tune or die?

Sounds like a bun fight to me.

That'll be because you have a brain the size of a planet, right?

Tools travel in twos.

Posted by Marvin the Martian (# 4360) on :

quote:
A safety valve for what?

A safety valve that enables people to call you the utter cockwomble you are without disrupting the discussion on other boards.

quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
quote:
A safety valve for what?

A safety valve that enables people to call you the utter cockwomble you are without disrupting the discussion on other boards.
Just for clarity, are you calling me a cockwomble or anyone who upsets another forum user for any reason?

I'd also like to express my distaste for genteel slurs like "cockwomble" when the English language is replete with the most beautifully descriptive pejoratives. Coy digs show the cowardice of their user. Offend away, arsehole.

quote:

Just for clarity, are you calling me a cockwomble

Yes.

Posted by Caissa (# 16710) on :

Nice to see Romanesque getting into the spirit of hell. [Biased]

romanesque--

quote:
quote:
romanesque--

The post to which I replied made it clear that you don't have much understanding of the Hell board, in terms of venting, fighting, resolving problems, etc. You were blithely marching in, IMHO, telling us what's wrong with Hell, but avoiding any real understanding of it.

Hell can take a long time to understand, and it's not for everyone.

I just put up a small warning flag. Of course, you're free to ignore it. Just remember what the front page of Hell says about painting a target on yourself...
[Paranoid]

PS Has anyone explained "ITTWACW" to you yet?

quote:
romanesque--

quote:
quote:
romanesque--

The post to which I replied made it clear that you don't have much understanding of the Hell board, in terms of venting, fighting, resolving problems, etc. You were blithely marching in, IMHO, telling us what's wrong with Hell, but avoiding any real understanding of it.

Hell can take a long time to understand, and it's not for everyone.

I just put up a small warning flag. Of course, you're free to ignore it. Just remember what the front page of Hell says about painting a target on yourself...
[Paranoid]

PS Has anyone explained "ITTWACW" to you yet?

I was told Hell is a safety valve. I've studied the thread titles here, the content of the threads and the language used in them, including what is or is not permissible. I don't see any breech of rules, etiquette or initiation ceremonies on my part. If you're British you'll be familiar with Mornington Crescent. I'm currently Hammersmith.

quote:
I was told Hell is a safety valve. I've studied the thread titles here, the content of the threads and the language used in them, including what is or is not permissible. I don't see any breech of rules, etiquette or initiation ceremonies on my part. If you're British you'll be familiar with Mornington Crescent. I'm currently Hammersmith.

Nope, you're definitely Cockfosters.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
quote:
A safety valve for what?

Just for clarity, are you calling me a cockwomble or anyone who upsets another forum user for any reason?

I'd also like to express my distaste for genteel slurs like "cockwomble" when the English language is replete with the most beautifully descriptive pejoratives. Coy digs show the cowardice of their user. Offend away, arsehole.

Please, you whinging, passive-aggressive piece of baby troll shit. You've done little but complain about how this place works. You contain more wines than a brasserie. If you do not like this place, you know where the door is, do not let it hit you where the nappy rash split you.

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
If you do not like this place, you know where the door is, do not let it hit you where the nappy rash split you. [/QB]

Thanks, I'll take you up on your offer.

quote:
Thanks, I'll take you up on your offer.

All the "aggressive secularists and religious fundamentalists" of this place said hallelujah.

[ 13. June 2017, 15:12: Message edited by: mr cheesy ]

quote:
I've studied the thread titles here, the content of the threads and the language used in them, including what is or is not permissible.

If this is true, then you are an idiot. Both for missing how this place works after studying it and missing the clear postings as to why your statement is inaccurate.

Posted by Matt Black (# 2210) on :

quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
Tools travel in twos.

"Always two there are."

Posted by L'organist (# 17338) on :

Hey, where's Aijalon who prompted this thread.

Re-reading the thread on Demonisation ... in DH makes me wonder whether romanesque and Aijalon aren't conjoined twins. [Devil]

I invited him. He lacks the cojones to accept.
Should have been a double Hell call. One for his bigotry, another for his hot mess style of posting.

Posted by Boogie (# 13538) on :

quote:
Originally posted by L'organist:
Hey, where's Aijalon who prompted this thread.

Re-reading the thread on Demonisation ... in DH makes me wonder whether romanesque and Aijalon aren't conjoined twins. [Devil]

Yes - they arrived at the same time and have very similar views and posting styles.

quote:
Originally posted by L'organist:

Hostly furry hat on

Accusations of sock-puppetry are viewed dimly by the assembled Host, as they are disruptive to the smooth running of the Ship.

Suffice to say, we have means at our disposal for finding that out, and the way to raise concerns is to PM an Admin and/or Host.

Hostly furry hat off

DT
HH

Posted by Ethne Alba (# 5804) on :

Isn't it all a bit like the way that new children at a school sometimes rush around and shout everywhere. Then realise that That sort of behaviour doesn't get anywhere with the children who've been there for ages?

Most calm down in the end.
(bless em...)

Posted by Kyzyl (# 374) on :

quote:
quote:

Moo

And some of us take a shitload of time between posts.

Posted by Soror Magna (# 9881) on :

Does anyone remember if Curious Buddhist was one of a pair?

quote:

"Put 'em up, put 'em up" --the Cowardly Lion.

Anybody else reminded of ThomasDF?

Posted by RooK (# 1852) on :

He does have that general aroma, except for the apparent flounce above.

Posted by no prophet's flag is set so... (# 15560) on :

Joined in May 2017, gone in June. Get 'em outta here!
Well done everyone!
[Axe murder]

quote:
Originally posted by no prophet's flag is set so...:
Well done everyone!
[Axe murder]

All a wall has to do is be a wall, to break the plate that chooses to hurl itself at the wall.

quote:
Well done everyone!
[Axe murder]

I would normally feel bad if I contributed to someone leaving SOF. But this tool didn't bother learning much about Ship culture, passive-aggressively remarked on what little he did and was a general wanker.
Showed up and immediately started complaining. He is no loss to SOF.

Posted by Curiosity killed ... (# 11770) on :

romanesque posted nine times after that flounce, three times on the Styx thread discussing links and six times on the Biblical interpretation thread in Dead Horses, so I suspect the celebrations could be premature.

I am finding romanesque's insistence that if only I would read reams of science woo published by dubious practitioners I would be convinced that science is wrong, more than a little boring.

Posted by Marvin the Martian (# 4360) on :

quote:
Just for clarity, are you calling me a cockwomble

Yes.

quote:
I'd also like to express my distaste for genteel slurs like "cockwomble" when the English language is replete with the most beautifully descriptive pejoratives.
Duly noted, you violator of small mammals. Kindly go forth and insert whichever boil-ridden appendage is responsible for the autonomous renal function that you laughably consider an intellect into an industrial meat grinder. Not one of the good ones though, I don't want my mince to become contaminated.

quote:
Coy digs show the cowardice of their user. Offend away, arsehole.
Nowt coy about it, sunshine.

quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
romanesque posted nine times after that flounce, three times on the Styx thread discussing links and six times on the Biblical interpretation thread in Dead Horses, so I suspect the celebrations could be premature.

Damn.

You've got a couple of newbies, probly young, if not by the clock, and you gotta show 'em your cocks, or twats if that's what you got. Ain't no neechi here.

quote:
You've got a couple of newbies, probly young, if not by the clock, and you gotta show 'em your cocks, or twats if that's what you got. Ain't no neechi here.

So, you would walk into a pub, tell the owner they should stock different libation, change the channel on the telly, tell the patrons they should restructure their conversations and critique the décor and expect no feedback?

Neechi: friend, and it includes those you should endeavour to be on good terms with, even if they say it all wrong and you feel you should hate them. (Jesus spoke Cree.)

quote:
quote:

So, you would walk into a pub, tell the owner they should stock different libation, change the channel on the telly, tell the patrons they should restructure their conversations and critique the décor and expect no feedback?
You didn't give feedback, you to beat 'em up in the back alley.

quote:
Neechi: friend, and it includes those you should endeavour to be on good terms with, even if they say it all wrong and you feel you should hate them. (Jesus spoke Cree.)

Go back and read their contributions and the replies. People tried. roman*esque responded with passive-aggression and Aijalon cannot manage to be coherent in his bigotry. There are other people onboard with opinions on homosexuality that do not differ greatly from his. I've not called them to Hell, nor felt a desire to do so.
They have earned the ire, for all they did it so quickly.
Jesus would have forgiven them, perhaps befriended them. He would also have rebuked them.

quote:
You didn't give feedback, you to beat 'em up in the back alley.

Again, multiple people attempted to show Romanesque how this place works. He refused to learn.
Read what I said about the other idiot in my post previous to this. And read Thunderbunk's Styx thread.

Every time somebody flounces or gets planked, the chest-beaters and garment-rippers come out of the sideboards to bewail how evil and horrible we are, and how much poorer, by factors of 10, the ship will be without the departed one(s). It's as tiresome as newbies coming here and playing "I'll take you all on with one hand tied behind my back" games in Hell.

Having posted a number of times trying to explain to romanesque why answers in an hour long YouTube presentation by Alex Tsarikis were not taking a discussion forward, even if I was prepared to watch something that most people categorise as science woo, and he/she still didn't get it, or want to get it, then maybe this isn't the site for him/her. I'm just sad that Alan Cresswell didn't pick up on the quantum mechanics argument (it's on the Darwinian thread).

And romanesque invited him/herself to this thread by posting on it.

If you want to see why Aijalon is being called to Hell, as mousethief says, you just need to read the Dead Horses threads. They are pretty much all incoherent homophobic screeds, trying to justify homophobia with no real thread or argument.

quote:
quote:

This. And mostly done in an obnoxious manner.

Posted by Sioni Sais (# 5713) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Gamaliel:
Goodness me, Aijalon has only been here for 5 minutes and he's been called to Hell already.

Is this a record?

I remember an outstandingly offensive noob getting called to Hell after three or four posts. Maybe four years ago.

Posted by rolyn (# 16840) on :

Would that be the one who hasn't come in to gloat over last week's Tory landslide?

Shush. He'll hear you.

Does the Ship offer productivity bonuses? It would appear to have acquired a Stakhanovite of bullshit.

Posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider (# 76) on :

quote:
Originally posted by rolyn:
Would that be the one who hasn't come in to gloat over last week's Tory landslide?

With his "no-one wants what you lefties are selling ha ha ha ha" shit, Labour's 40% share of the vote is probably causing a re-whateverhedoesinsteadofthink.

Just to affirm that this is where the spew of pin-headed bigotry coming from Aijalon belongs, whether he chooses to acknowledge it or not.

It continues in volume and does not change in quality, so its true origin and destination do not change either.

Posted by Ricardus (# 8757) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:
Originally posted by Gamaliel:

Is this a record?

I remember an outstandingly offensive noob getting called to Hell after three or four posts. Maybe four years ago.
Not long after I joined the Ship someone signed up with a username of 'BNP'. This showed up on the 'Newbie alert' on the main page and they were promptly called to Hell with a total of zero posts.

I'm pretty sure this record is unlikely to be beaten ...

Posted by Palimpsest (# 16772) on :

So what do you think is the cause of the deranged rambling bigotry of Aijalon. Is it that his family culture didn't let him explore his sexual desires so he's decided to do thie elaborate mental masturbation about gay people? Or is it the result of an unhealthy religiosity?

What can explain such an outpouring of shit?

Posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider (# 76) on :

Fuck knows. I just read it in wonder. It's like he confuses a personal hypothesis devoid of supporting evidence as some kind of valid theory

quote:
Originally posted by Palimpsest:
So what do you think is the cause of the deranged rambling bigotry of Aijalon. Is it that his family culture didn't let him explore his sexual desires so he's decided to do thie elaborate mental masturbation about gay people? Or is it the result of an unhealthy religiosity?

What can explain such an outpouring of shit?

At this point I'd settle for coherence.

FWIW, I think he's trying to sort out his sexuality, is trying to do that within the Bible and his experienced culture, and feels he doesn't really have any other tools/options. So he's trying to make sense of it all--within the framework he's got.

Common, when someone is within one framework (politics, religion, sports team, particular marriage...), feels drawn to another, also feels the cost may be too high, and is deeply conflicted.

I've been through that, in my own way, in other areas. It's both hard and scary.

Posted by Doone (# 18470) on :

Certainly that's food for thought GK.

Posted by Bishops Finger (# 5430) on :

Is it a case of the gentleman protesting too much? IOW, he is indeed unsure of his own sexuality, and fears that, in fact, he is gay.

IJ

None of that explains the incredibly confusing posting style.

quote:

Perhaps a result of some early childhood trauma?

quote:
quote:

Perhaps he was beaten with a copy of the Oxford Modern English Grammar?

quote:
quote:
quote:

Perhaps he was beaten with a copy of the Oxford Modern English Grammar?
And Martin by Strunk & White.

Martin by a copy of Ulysses, surely?

quote:
Martin by a copy of Ulysses, surely?

I guess it depends on whether you think he took after the tome that hit him as if in Stockholm Syndrome mode, or veered to the opposite in self-defense.

quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
Is it a case of the gentleman protesting too much? IOW, he is indeed unsure of his own sexuality, and fears that, in fact, he is gay.

He said as much, *over and over*, in DH. It was in bits and pieces, and in a wandering manner, but he said it. And ISTM people were harsh to him, possibly not picking up on what he's saying.

I know he's said some awful things, and his posts can be annoying. But it would be a shame to verbally beat someone up who's struggling with the very issues that you (gen.) are trying to defend.

Aijalon, my comments aren't meant to hurt, just to offer a possible explanation.

It's also not brilliantly helpful when I am trying to argue with the points made, politely, (from a phone and tablet) when others, decide to get in on the argument. Not naming names, Golden Key.

Really, there have been a number of documented what we would now recognise as transgender women in the past, but I couldn't find them to link to from a tablet, while away. The fact that they weren't identified as trangender is because that is recent nomenclature, coined in 1965 according to Wikipedia. Transexual is the older term, coined in 1949.

[ 01. August 2017, 07:23: Message edited by: Curiosity killed ... ]

CK--

I take it your first paragraph means you *are* naming me??? If so, how would I know that you didn't want anyone else joining the conversation? Or whether I should stay out of it?

As to the DH "Sexual Experimentation" discussion about women who disguised themselves as men: I did not and do not deny that there may have been all sorts of trans folks in history. No problem with that *at all*.

But it's well known that women, deprived of rights and equality, disguised themselves as men *to gain those rights*. E.g., many women wanted to be soldiers in the US Civil War. But, since they were barred from serving as women, they disguised themselves as men, and became soldiers.

Being trans isn't the *only* reason to dress as the other binary gender.

Golden Key,

I gave your post about Aijalon a bit of thought. I also reread why I started this thread.
So what happens as a result is that I begin to wonder if I should have sympathy for him and then, after rereading, become angry again.
I'm weary of the ignorance, incoherence, hubris and complete disconnect shown by his postings. And that is the [i[positive[/i] interpretation.
Perhaps you are correct, but I don't have it in me right now to give that same benefit.

GK and CK: Fight if you wish, but I am not seeing why.

Posted by Palimpsest (# 16772) on :

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:

He said as much, *over and over*, in DH. It was in bits and pieces, and in a wandering manner, but he said it. And ISTM people were harsh to him, possibly not picking up on what he's saying.

I know he's said some awful things, and his posts can be annoying. But it would be a shame to verbally beat someone up who's struggling with the very issues that you (gen.) are trying to defend.

Aijalon, my comments aren't meant to hurt, just to offer a possible explanation.

Well first he needs to learn that dismissing the experiences of gay people because they weren't raised in a double blind lab experiment is not going to make him any friends. And then he needs to figure out that the traditional Christian explanations and treatment of lbgtq is wrong. It's not like people didn't try to do that gently. I didn't bother much. He clearly doesn't want to hear it, he just wants to proclaim he is a healthy natural Christian and LGBTF are diseased and stupid.It gets old.

lB--

quote:
Golden Key,

I gave your post about Aijalon a bit of thought. I also reread why I started this thread.
So what happens as a result is that I begin to wonder if I should have sympathy for him and then, after rereading, become angry again.
I'm weary of the ignorance, incoherence, hubris and complete disconnect shown by his postings. And that is the positive interpretation.
Perhaps you are correct, but I don't have it in me right now to give that same benefit.

GK and CK: Fight if you wish, but I am not seeing why.

Part 1: Fair enough.

Part 2: I don't want a fight. Over on the thread to which I linked, we had a disagreement about women who dressed and lived as men, at various points in history. CK thought they were necessarily all trans. I think some were simply trying to get the rights and privileges they couldn't get as women. Wasn't a fight. I don't know why it bubbled up *here*, particularly the way it did.
[Frown]

I don't want a fight, but having spent some time trying to patiently explain that transexuality was not new as part of an argument against the reason we have so many transgender people and homosexuals because we are involved in social engineering, it wasn't helpful to have someone else picking nits. And personal comments come to Hell.

CK--

...except you indicated that *all* women who dressed like men were trans. When I pointed out that some women have dressed as men in order to get male rights and privileges that were denied them, and that was different from wanting to be a man, you asked what the difference was. I provided links to examples of what I meant.

This has meant something to me all my life. I was glad to find out new examples, periodically. I was also sad that they had to do that to get an equal chance.

I don't want to fight. Can we just leave it that we're honestly coming from different perspectives?

© Ship of Fools 2016