Thread: Nobody can be that stupid, it must be deliberate Board: Hell / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=005707

Posted by Gamaliel (# 812) on :

I can only conclude that Jammed-Arse and Kompleat Cordite are deliberately obfuscating and misrepresenting my position on the interminable 'Terrorists' thread.

It's probably my fault for keeping it going or even engaging with the pair of them in the first place.

I readily accept my verbosity and clench my buttocks before the boots kick me up the arse for that.

What I cannot understand at this stage is how the bastards continually twist my words and, it appears to me, wilfully misinterpret and misrepresent what I'm saying and continue to project their own binariness onto my arguments whilst apparently remaining blissfully unaware how one-dimensional their own are.

There is a theological word for this: Twats.

Surely nobody could be that stupid?

Well, perhaps Jamat is. As Kaplan's clearly brighter he must be either taking the piss to wind me up or else deliberately and wilfully distorting what I've been trying to say.

I'm calling both of them to Hell to give an account of themselves because they've both got on my fucking nerves.

Posted by mdijon (# 8520) on :

When I saw "Nobody can be that stupid, it must be deliberate" I immediately thought of this.

Get a grip.

Posted by Boogie (# 13538) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Gamaliel:

It's probably my fault for keeping it going or even engaging with the pair of them in the first place.

This.

Disengage and do something useful with your time.

Wise words mdijon and Boogie. Shame I didn't listen to you last time ...

It's high time I got the hell out of evangelicalism if that's where it leads and high time I stopped using the likes of Jamat and Kaplan as target practice.

As the cheesy adage says, 'The only point in looking back is to see how far you've come.'

Not far enough judging by my recent lapses.

Lord help us ...

Posted by simontoad (# 18096) on :

Gamaliel, you need to watch more of those funny home video shows, or maybe google "Darwin Awards"?

Posted by Golden Key (# 1468) on :

G--

IMHO, just walk away from that convo and topic. It's kind of the Slough of Despond. (Look it up, if you're not familiar.)

You don't necessarily have to walk away from Evangelicalism. Just get away from the twisted version on that thread.

I've been thinking that all hermeneutics should be 25 words or less. Would save a lot of fuss.

Good luck.

Posted by Golden Key (# 1468) on :

G--

BTW, don't expect clarity and satisfaction from this thread. KC and J are unlikely to say anything they haven't already said. And it won't heal/fix anything.

Don't get further entangled. One alternative might be to just ask an H/A to close the thread. Might be freeing, FWIW.

Posted by Schroedinger's cat (# 64) on :

Since Youtube, the "nobody can be that stupid" argument is proven wrong. SOmebody can be, and will video themselves.

And since Trump/May, it is even more demonstrable that, actually, people are always more stupid that we can imagine. The pit of stupidity is incredibly deep.

Yes, it's more my fault than theirs, he said Purgatorially.

They can't help it, poor dabs, they've been conditioned that way ...

Posted by mdijon (# 8520) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Gamaliel:
They can't help it

Nor, apparently, can you.

Ha ha ha ...

Then all is determined. Come back double-predestination Calvinists, all is forgiven.

Posted by Martin60 (# 368) on :

LOL! True. Eeeee, G., Jammed-Arse. (1) as in kludged up (2) as in jam smeared. Wonderful.

Posted by lilBuddha (# 14333) on :

Smart people are "that stupid". Partly because all people have their blind spots, their Things I Believe despite evidence to the contrary. Partly because they are smart. It can lend to a lack of critical examination of one's belief.

And then there is habit. Which is why this will not be the last time you do this Gamaliel.

Posted by no prophet's flag is set so... (# 15560) on :

What thread is this all about? Provide a link?

© Ship of Fools 2016