Thread: I don’t give a fuck Board: Hell / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=005735

Posted by Unum Solum (# 18904) on :

Those times when you really just don’t give fuck but you feel bad because you should (but you don’t.)

Note beer can exacerbate this situation!

Posted by MaryLouise (# 18697) on :

And a little too much beer produces those itchy fingers that have to get onto a keyboard and post off deeply felt ineffable aphorisms to the online world.

It happens.

Posted by Doc Tor (# 9748) on :

If this is a 'posting while drunk' thread, you're not the only one who's going to be pissed.

DT
HH

[ 02. February 2018, 08:35: Message edited by: Doc Tor ]

Posted by Boogie (# 13538) on :

Always, always keep away from keyboards when drunk.

Posted by rolyn (# 16840) on :

'Don’t give a fuck' therapy can work for the sober too. It can at times be the only sensible antidote to care fatigue.

BTW a poster who's had a beer may not by definition be a pissed poster.

Posted by RdrEmCofE (# 17511) on :

IDGAF is quite often the logical response to insulting and personally critical observations vocalised by Narcissists or BPD driven complainants.

However not every logical response is peace engendering or an effective method of 'turning away wrath'. Prov. 15:1.

However, a 'soft answer' is also often a mealy mouthed capitulation to a domineering tyrant. Choice of response is all a matter of 'timing'. Eccl. 3:8.

Posted by no prophet's flag is set so... (# 15560) on :

This reminds me of talking a shit. Where it's actually a leaving.

Posted by Caissa (# 16710) on :

This book was post-Christmas sale purchase. Yet to be read.
https://www.amazon.ca/Subtle-Art-Not-Giving-Counterintuitive/dp/0062457713

Posted by Stetson (# 9597) on :

I remember the incident in junior high when I decided that I really DIDN'T give a fuck. It was actually pretty liberating.

Like most Canadian schools, we rotated rooms from class to class, and one particular desk I was sitting at was covered with graffiti, the most prominent being STETSON SUCKS COCKS, written by someone in another class. "Hm, guess someone doesn't like me very much", I thought, pleasantly surprising myself with my own indifference.

Posted by Gamaliel (# 812) on :

So, you didn't give a suck?

[Razz]

I'll get me coat ...

Posted by lilBuddha (# 14333) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Unum Solum:
Those times when you really just don’t give fuck but you feel bad because you should (but you don’t.)

If you didn't give a fuck, you wouldn't give a fuck about that. If you didn't give a fuck, you would not have posted here saying you don't.
It shouldn't need to be said that 'I don't give a fuck' is a self-contradictory term because

Posted by Schroedinger's cat (# 64) on :

quote:
Originally posted by rolyn:
BTW a poster who's had a beer may not by definition be a pissed poster.

I think some members have a very high alcohol tolerance. Mainly those who have had to host certain boards.

I'll have you know I'm an extraordinarily cheap date.

[ 02. February 2018, 20:44: Message edited by: Doc Tor ]

Posted by Schroedinger's cat (# 64) on :

So am I. Not becasue I get drunk easily, but because I will fuck for nothing.

Posted by RooK (# 1852) on :

So, you do give a fuck. Literally.

quote:
Originally posted by Doc Tor:
If this is a 'posting while drunk' thread, you're not the only one who's going to be pissed.

DT
HH

Nope not even close. I do give a fuck when I think that I am not giving a fuck because of alcohol consumption. It’s the not giving a fuck when I should give a fuck that fucks me off, and the cycle gets vicious, which can turn into a fuck up when it affects others especially those I give a fuck about.

Welcome aboard, btw. You'll fit right in...

Posted by Martin60 (# 368) on :

Dang, as a PW...mellower, tight now (AWESOME Freudian slip!~), what [a] danmn... damn fine thread.

I'm trying to sober up listening to Zbigniew Preisner. Bliss.

[ 02. February 2018, 23:36: Message edited by: Martin60 ]

Posted by mousethief (# 953) on :

quote:
Welcome aboard, btw. You'll fit right in...

Yes, most of use get tiresome and pointless from time to time.

You lookin' at me?

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
quote:

If you didn't give a fuck, you wouldn't give a fuck about that. If you didn't give a fuck, you would not have posted here saying you don't.
It shouldn't need to be said that 'I don't give a fuck' is a self-contradictory term because

WTF so now I’m left wondering if I am a fuckwit who posts meaningless crap, or if this is the sort of thing I should give a crap about and I have fucked up again. See this is the dilemma, to give a fuck or not becomes the sort of internal debate that I lie awake thinking about and then deciding that it’s not worth giving a fuck about, but I do. It’s fucked!

The rest is silence.

quote:
Originally posted by Martin60:
The rest is silence.

Martin I have heard it said God is found in the silence, but then again maybe He doesn’t give a fuck and I am just deluding myself sitting here alone with my thoughts.

Posted by lilBuddha (# 14333) on :

quote:
quote:
quote:

WTF so now I’m left wondering if I am a fuckwit who posts meaningless crap, or if this is the sort of thing I should give a crap about and I have fucked up again. See this is the dilemma, to give a fuck or not becomes the sort of internal debate that I lie awake thinking about and then deciding that it’s not worth giving a fuck about, but I do. It’s fucked!
Cool your jets, it was a little creative wordplay to keep the demons from howling too loudly.
I then read a concurrent thread so it ended up pretty pointless.
Give up giving a fuck because it will fuck you up if you don't. 'Cause this world is truly fucked up.

Posted by Rossweisse (# 2349) on :

quote:
If this is a 'posting while drunk' thread, you're not the only one who's going to be pissed. ...

As always, I feel for the Hellhosts. It can't be easy. Thank you for your service!

Posted by mousethief (# 953) on :

Mostly I'm silent.

Posted by simontoad (# 18096) on :

I can't fucking believe I read this fucking thread.

Posted by Tortuf (# 3784) on :

Bless your heart honey. You come here and tell us all about how you suffer because you don't know. You then tell us you dont give a f#ck.

I am left with the impression you would like some help, but that it had better come to you when, where and how you want it or you will reje t it.

You are creating your own suffering. Your attachments and expectations about life being the way you need it to be so you can be OK will never be met. I say that because attachments and expectations are pure poison. They are a construct of your ego. A pretty substantial ego by the way despite the fact that you no doubt believe yourself to be humble.

No one here can change any of that for you. Only you can. You will not try to change unless you quit being rewarded for plastering horseshit all over the place.

That, or you are a troll.

Either way I will no longer enable you by participating in your pity party.

Tortuf isn’t that better now you have let it out, my job here is done. The sole purpose of this thread conceived so long ago was to provide the opportunity to expunge that angst that was festering within you. It took a while but now that it’s done, well what can I say.

I go to my bed happy. [Smile]

Posted by Gill H (# 68) on :

So ... another TICTH (Today I Consign To Hell) thread then!

If it was that, it'd be closed in an eyeblink.

quote:

I go to my bed happy. [Smile]

...and I don’t give a fuck about that.

[ 03. February 2018, 10:19: Message edited by: rolyn ]

Posted by Twilight (# 2832) on :

quote:

I'll play.

I don't give a fuck about the blessed event that's about to happen in your family. Not only do I not give a fuck about some Kardashian's baby bump, I don't even give a fuck about the ones in our own extended family.

My husband has 11 siblings. Many years ago we attended all their weddings. A short time later we sent baby gifts when their 43 children were born. Recently those children (which we haven't laid eyes on in many years) have married people we have never met (we sent gifts) and presently we're getting invitations to their baby showers. It would mean two days of driving to attend. They have zero expectations or desire for us to actually attend.

I feel such guilt over my lack of enthusiasm that I usually go online to where they are registered ( a tacky concept in itself) and choose the most expensive gift, then pay extra to have it gift wrapped and delivered. The last few times I did not receive a thank you card. I would be upset about that, but I don't give a fuck.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Martin60:
The rest is silence.

Martin I have heard it said God is found in the silence, but then again maybe He doesn’t give a fuck and I am just deluding myself sitting here alone with my thoughts.
You're not going nominatively deterministically solipsist on us are you?

Your second sentence reminded me of Hamlet's last words.

I'm wasted round here. No not like last night.

quote:
quote:

lilBuddha this has followed me around prodding me in the ribs since the moment you posted it, because of course it is true. The angst comes not from not caring, or even a sense that I should care because of what others might think, but the pretending not to care when I really do. Hell is fucked.

quote:
The angst comes not from not caring, or even a sense that I should care because of what others might think, but the pretending not to care when I really do. Hell is fucked.

Yep, I'll go with that one, as I am sure would many others.

If faith is nothing else at all it is the ability to state the following:
It is simply not possible for me to care about everybody and everything,(maybe not even one person or one thing). I know Someone Who does.

Posted by Erroneous Monk (# 10858) on :

The second drawer down in my desk at work is for all the fucks I don't give.

Posted by North East Quine (# 13049) on :

My son had a particularly inspiring teacher at secondary school. He gave his class a final speech which ended with "And if you don't give a fuck, you're fucked!" He got a standing ovation from his class.

I wish I was 17 again and as thrilled as Mr B's class by the idea of giving a fuck. Actually, I'd settle for wanting to pass a message like that on to a bunch of teenagers, and the ability to deliver it with passion.

Posted by argona (# 14037) on :

The true DGAF response is to pass on by without a word or so much as a glance, not pausing even to fart in the would-be offender's general direction. A faint smile may be permitted in certain contexts.

Posted by argona (# 14037) on :

And then, of course, to forget the incident. Quite genuinely.

Posted by jacobsen (# 14998) on :

As I propose to do.

Forget what?

Fuck

Posted by DonLogan2 (# 15608) on :

quote:

Much like random acts of kindness I suppose, how can it be random if you have thought about it? It is just an act, like the above really

© Ship of Fools 2016