Thread: Land of the Metrical Psalm - Scotland 2018 Board: All Saints / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=006286

Posted by Piglet (# 11803) on :

May I wish all my fellow Scots all the best for the new year, and hope your heids aren't too fragile!

Sandemaniac, in case you're interested both the Boys' Ba's (Christmas and New Year) went up ( [Frown] ), and both Men's went Doon ( [Yipee] )

Posted by Celtic Knotweed (# 13008) on :

Heid fine - we had a comparatively early night, getting back to the Parental Knotweeds' abode by 2am! A late lunch today involving Normandy pheasant and plum pie (pheasants from our neighbour, apples and plums from parental trees), and we wandered home about 6pm. Getting up for w*rk on the 3rd will be a shock!

The Ba' results have been yelled across the room to Sandemaniac, congratulations to the Men [Smile] , commiserations to the Boys [Frown] . He was making comments about the Ladies one being too dangerous to ever be played again...

Posted by Cottontail (# 12234) on :

I had the quietest Hogmanay in years. I usually go to the Biggar Bonfire for a bit of pagan festivity, but the car has a minor fault that makes it illegal to drive, and the garage doesn't open till tomorrow. So I lit the fire, binge-watched past episodes of 'Line of Duty', then toasted in the new year with some left over Bucks Fizz.

Posted by North East Quine (# 13049) on :

My head is fine, it's my stomach that is aching. My mother produced vast quantities of delicious food over Hogmonay and I may have over-eaten....

I had a nice walk through the Ness Islands yesterday, but even a bit of exercise in a bracing wind wasn't enough to reduce the general stuffed feeling.

I got a crime novel set in Inverness for Christmas - Shadow Man by Margaret Kirk - and I thought it described Inverness very well. Lots of mentions of Harry Gow dream rings, traffic backing up at the Millburn roundabout etc.

Posted by Piglet (# 11803) on :

We had some friends over for supper and to take in the New Year; I made haggis and D. made clapshot, and we also had a small baked ham and braised red cabbage, washing it all down with copious quantities of wine (some of it fizzy).

A very jolly way to celebrate the season - hope to do it again!

And, judging by the slightness of my hangover, it must have been good wine.*

* It was mostly New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, so it was very good indeed. [Big Grin]

© Ship of Fools 2016