Thread: Last Minute Shipmeet Board: All Saints / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=006295

Posted by Chorister (# 473) on :

Quizmaster, Traveller, Atlanta and I managed to fit in a cheeky little Shipmeet, this afternoon, in a very warm, cosy cafe in West Devon. Will this get the record for the very last Meet of the Olde Shippe before the Great Relaunch begins, or will somewhere else beat us to the Honoured Title??

Posted by Piglet (# 11803) on :

Ooh, that sounds like a Challenge! [Big Grin]

Posted by jacobsen (# 14998) on :

OK, who's in the Oxford area? -(UK)

Posted by Wet Kipper (# 1654) on :

it wouldn't take me long to pop round to SCZ and Derf's house

whats the minimum attendance to be classed as a meet?

Posted by Lucia (# 15201) on :

quote:
Originally posted by jacobsen:
OK, who's in the Oxford area? -(UK)

I am!

Posted by jacobsen (# 14998) on :

We've probably got till the end of the month viz the New Ship thread on Styx. Next weekend's out, but I could do a weekday evening.

Posted by Sandemaniac (# 12829) on :

I could do Oxford itself of an evening...

AG

quote:
Originally posted by Wet Kipper:
it wouldn't take me long to pop round to SCZ and Derf's house

whats the minimum attendance to be classed as a meet?

It should be just two, in which case D. and I have one going on all the time (even though he doesn't post that much these days).

I suppose our nearest Shippie neighbour is Caissa, but Canada is rather large, and even getting from one city to another in the same province can take a couple of hours ... [Big Grin]

Posted by Ultracrepidarian (# 9679) on :

As it happens, I'm back in Oxford next week (Tue to Sun). I have plans pretty much every evening, but one of those plans is a shipmeet! I know it's a bit of a hike, but I'd like to encourage Oxford shippies who are free down to the Absent Friends meet in London on Friday 24th. [Big Grin]

Posted by Caissa (# 16710) on :

Are there any other Shippies in NB, Piglet? Last time I was at the Cathedral was for the closing service of Choir School last year.

Posted by Celtic Knotweed (# 13008) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Sandemaniac:
I could do Oxford itself of an evening...

As could I (well, we do sort of come as a pair [Razz] ). Not going to get to the Absent Friends meet unfortunately. Sandemaniac is likely to be in work till 6 or 7 that evening, and Fridays are a ringing night for me (and given the slips I was making in the QP on Sunday morning, I need to practise!).

Posted by Qoheleth. (# 9265) on :

I'm not far from Oxford. Watching.

Posted by Curiosity killed ... (# 11770) on :

The Absent Friends Meet is on Saturday 24 February!

Posted by Chorister (# 473) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
The Absent Friends Meet is on Saturday 24 February!

When I first started the thread I thought it might have launched by then, but the Absent Friends is getting closer by the minute....

quote:
Originally posted by Caissa:
Are there any other Shippies in NB, Piglet? Last time I was at the Cathedral was for the closing service of Choir School last year.

I'm honestly not sure. Isn't it just the way it would happen that the one Sunday I bunked off* would be the day you were there?

* As I recall, the temperature was nudging 30° that day, and as I didn't need to be at Evensong the lure of the air-conditioning at Château Piglet was too strong. [Big Grin]

Posted by Caissa (# 16710) on :

It was incredibly hot that day. Our youngest son has been attending Choir School since he was 10.

© Ship of Fools 2016