Thread: Shiny buttons!! Board: The Styx / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=003425

Posted by Bene Gesserit (# 14718) on :

I'm seeing buttons for deleting, moving etc threads at the bottom of each page. I'm assuming I shouldn't be able to!! Or have we all been promoted? [Two face]

Posted by Alan Cresswell (# 31) on :

I think they should have always been visible. You shouldn't actually be able to do anything with them (except perhaps get a message telling you you can't use that function)

Posted by Eutychus (# 3081) on :

The real elite see no buttons at all, and host the boards by mind control.

Posted by Bishops Finger (# 5430) on :

If the hoi-polloi click on one of those buttons, we get the message:

This is none of your business. Go away.

QED.

IJ

Posted by Bene Gesserit (# 14718) on :

So we do!! I'm glad about that. I'll go away again and drink my cup of tea now.

Posted by lilBuddha (# 14333) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Eutychus:
The real elite see no buttons at all, and host the boards by mind control.

Must. Restrain. Sarcasm.

Posted by Alan Cresswell (# 31) on :

The problem is that the majority of hosts and admins have long since lost their minds.

I put it down around here somewhere ...

Posted by Golden Key (# 1468) on :

At some point, even for an H/A day, it would be fun to replace the "none of your business--go away!" message with "These are not the buttons/functions you are looking for".
[Smile]

Posted by Ariston (# 10894) on :

The Ship's interface sometimes reminds me of an early '90's arcade flightsim where there were lots of buttons that hadn't been wired to anything. You can see pretty much everything, but you'll just get a snarky message if you press it.

Except for the "DELITE SHIP FOREVER OMG!!!!" button. There may be some masterpiece of snark hiding behind that one, but even I don't want to take the risk with that one.

© Ship of Fools 2016