Thread: Outing a shipmate Board: The Styx / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=003450

Posted by Huia (# 3473) on :

There has been some discussion of a shipmate's suspension from his position on the Southern Cross thread in All Saints. Latest posts link to an interview where the Shipmate discusses his position, and is named. I don't know if he agreed to or is comfortable with this, but on the face of it I wanted to flag my concern.

Huia

Posted by Alan Cresswell (# 31) on :

Thanks for the headsup.

I've removed the two links which names names on a precautionary basis. I've kept a copy, so can put them back if requested by the Shipmate himself.

I'll take this opportunity to remind everyone to be careful in posts that have the potential to out Shipmates real life identity. Especially when you think it's a well known real life identity, just because you know information doesn't make it universally known, and doesn't mean that the Shipmate wants their identity more widely known. If in doubt, there are very few points that are so urgent that they can't wait while you ask permission to share that information or ask the advice of the hosts.

Posted by churchgeek (# 5557) on :

Great reminder, especially as so many of us are also connected on facebook now.

© Ship of Fools 2016