Thread: Trumpiage Board: The Styx / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=003452

Posted by Ohher (# 18607) on :

The Oops: Trump thread has become dauntingly lengthy, which is perhaps why two additional Trump-themed threads have now opened -- one on nearly half the media-consuming public believing the media invents fictions about Trump, and one on Trump's (maybe) handling of the mission in Niger.

I'm aware (and also often guilty of) the usual American myopia and ignorance about the rest of the world, coupled with American self-absorption. I'm a bit concerned that we'll have further proliferation of threads on Trump. Is there some convenient way to contain this contagion?

Posted by simontoad (# 18096) on :

If we get a new compendium thread, can we name it with reference to the Oops! thread? I love that name.

Posted by Schroedinger's cat (# 64) on :

I do think a multi-faceted disaster like Trump might justify more than one thread, but they do need to be focussed.

I cannot keep up with his idiocies enough to proerly suggest a division, sadly.

Posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe (# 5521) on :

quote:
Originally posted by simontoad:
can we name it with reference to the Oops! thread?

"Letting a Trump go" might be appropriate.

Posted by Bishops Finger (# 5430) on :

Perhaps (and I know TIACW) 'Shit happens' might be an appropriate title for a Trumpiagistic Compendium...

IJ

Posted by Pigwidgeon (# 10192) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
Perhaps (and I know TIACW) 'Shit happens' might be an appropriate title for a Trumpiagistic Compendium...

IJ

[Killing me]

Posted by Boogie (# 13538) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:

IJ

[Overused]

I think one Trump thread is more than enough.

quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:

I think one Trump thread is more than enough.

God, yes.

Posted by mousethief (# 953) on :

May I introduce you to the scroll bar?

Posted by Golden Key (# 1468) on :

ISTM we're doing a pretty good job. Sometimes, on any thread, H/As say to split off certain things into new threads. Other times (less often, ISTM), they say to keep everything in one thread. IMHO, we're middle of the road, with one main thread and occasional others.

ISTM Shipmates are free to start threads that aren't about Trump, and about anything in the universe (including itself).

Look, Americans are stuck with T for now, as is everyone else. (And, much of the time, non-American Shipmates do most of the posting about T.) If we put everything on one thread, it will be so chaotic that no one will be able to find anything. And discussions would probably leak into threads that are tangentially related.

Let's keep this as is, please.

Thanks! [Smile]

Posted by Barnabas62 (# 9110) on :

I've been away on holiday and saw the spawning when I came back. I'm content with the two specific threads in this case, largely for the reasons GK gave. We'll have to keep an eye on them. Threads can, and do, evolve and there is no need for two general threads. But as things stand, I see nothing amiss with allowing Shipmates some freedoms to pull out a topic or two for some specific, concentrated, attention.

Posted by jacobsen (# 14998) on :

Oops - Oh, Our Poor Society?

quote:
Originally posted by jacobsen:
Oops - Oh, Our Poor Society?

[Overused]

© Ship of Fools 2016