Thread: Augustine the Aleut on the road to Compostela Board: Ecclesiantics / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=008474

Posted by venbede (# 16669) on :

I just want to record how lovely I find Augustine the Aleut’s Mystery Worshippers from the pilgrimage to Santiago.

I find it so refreshing to read about services in which the clergy have no compulsion to constantly ingratiate themselves with the congregation and the congregation can show their acceptance of a visitor without overwhelming gush. Although part of that may be Augustine’s maturity in recognising quiet acceptance.

Posted by Doone (# 18470) on :

As someone who will never be able to do the pilgrimage, I find his descriptions and thoughts really interesting and inspiring.

Posted by Lothlorien (# 4927) on :

I read them last night and thoroughly enjoyed them . Thank you to the mystery worshipper and to Miss Amanda for getting them up as a group.

Posted by Bishops Finger (# 5430) on :

Hear, hear!

[Overused]

IJ

Posted by Gee D (# 13815) on :

I have sent links to previous reports when various friends were thinking of walking. All spoke very well of them, even if they ended up not going.

Posted by Augustine the Aleut (# 1472) on :

quote:
Originally posted by venbede:
I just want to record how lovely I find Augustine the Aleut’s Mystery Worshippers from the pilgrimage to Santiago.

I find it so refreshing to read about services in which the clergy have no compulsion to constantly ingratiate themselves with the congregation and the congregation can show their acceptance of a visitor without overwhelming gush. Although part of that may be Augustine’s maturity in recognising quiet acceptance.

You're very kind in your comments, Venbede, but with respect to your last sentence, you are far too generous; I have a chip on my shoulder about this issue, but the Spaniards have the grace.

Posted by MaryLouise (# 18697) on :

Thanks for the heads-up to read this. The most inspiring read of my week.

Posted by Jengie jon (# 273) on :

People might like that there is a page dedicated to Augustine the Aleut's Camino reports on the ship.

Jengie

© Ship of Fools 2016