Thread: Resolutions, anyone? Board: Oblivion / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=024107

Posted by comet (# 10353) on :

I just read an article that gave some tips on how to make changes "stick".

First, just make one resolution - something you really want to do/change and will be motivated to follow through.

Second, break your goal into steps: have a plan with mini-goals.

Third, reward yourself for progress made along the way.

and fourth, realize you probably will screw up along the way. accept it and keep going.

So I'm curious, what are Shipmates looking into for a dedicated, achievable goal for 2013?

mine: I'm going to enter and run a 5K. I've never raced before - not without skis or dogs! but I want to be trained up and ready come the summer racing season to be able to run a 5k without stopping.

Posted by balaam (# 4543) on :

My resolution is 1024 x 600 pixels.

I'll get me coat.

Posted by Heavenly Anarchist (# 13313) on :

I need to lose some weight as my sedentary lifestyle is helping me to pile it on. I will be doing regular low-impact aerobics as it is exercise I need but I cannot have much impact on my joints as I have a genetic connective tissue disorder which causes osteo-arthritis. A vicious circle with the arthritis as the pain makes it hard to exercise but will hopefully be easier with weight loss.
I've given myself a weight related goal starting at 5kg and also the goal to do exercise sessions at least 3 times a week.

Posted by Dormouse (# 5954) on :

I'm with you Heavenly Anarchist - I want to continue my weight loss. I had managed to lose 6 kg, but did go a bit wild over the festive period. I've not weighed myself yet to find out what the damage was, but whatever it was, I shall sigh, gird my loins and go back to the Hairy Dieters. I hope to lose another 15-20 kg, but for now, I'll set the target at 2 kg every 4 weeks, and be happy if it's more.
We have chocklits to finish - but one a day (if I've been moderately good) won't hurt me. I have three bottles of whisky to try (but a snifter a week (if I've been moderately good) won't cause meltdown.

I do need to try to up the exercise a lttle. Two hour long walks and 30 minutes swimming a week is my target for the next couple of months. Then we might possibly consider adding a little cycling to the mix. But maybe not!!

Edited to add several missing vowels!

[ 31. December 2012, 15:36: Message edited by: Dormouse ]

Posted by Pigwidgeon (# 10192) on :

quote:
Originally posted by balaam:
My resolution is 1024 x 600 pixels.

I'll get me coat.

You're not the only one with a twisted sense of humor! Bizarro

Posted by Eigon (# 4917) on :

My resolution is to say "No!" more - I got a bit run down this year because I was trying to take on too much, and I need some "me time" to finish the novel!

Posted by Jack the Lass (# 3415) on :

I want to relax more, read more, write more, live more.

And lose weight, as usual (sigh).

Posted by Ariel (# 58) on :

In case anyone is stuck for ideas

© Ship of Fools 2016