Thread: Religious Collectibles in Rome Board: Oblivion / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=024926

Posted by +Chrism (# 17032) on :

I am hoping to go to Rome in the new year for a retreat, and I will be staying with some lovely sisters. While I am there I am hoping get as many religious collectibles as possible

I am looking for mainly vestments but also other collectibles, does anyone know of any churches in Rome that are looking to get rid of any vestments and are looking for someone to take them off their hands

Is it still possible for one to acquire relics without having to go through the long process, as I doubt they'd accept a letter from a CofE Bishop as a valid letter in the RC Church

In terms of vestments, items like Pontifical Dalmatics and Tunicles, Biretta's, Roman Chasubles, Dalmatics, Maniples, Lace Albs and Amice, Lace Cotta, Dalmatics with appareled amice and others

Posted by Doublethink (# 1984) on :

It may depend on what they think you want them for ?

quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:
It may depend on what they think you want them for ?

I will be taking them back to the parishes with me for our use, we are not a very rich parish so I am looking at alternatives to get vestments and etc

Relics would be used for public veneration in the church

Posted by Adeodatus (# 4992) on :

quote:
Originally posted by +Chrism:
... I will be staying with some lovely sisters. While I am there I am hoping get as many religious collectibles as possible ...

No, Fr Chrism - put Sister Perpetua back in her cell. You can't take her with you, she doesn't like aeroplanes and she's very elderly and doesn't want to be an anchoress ...

quote:
Originally posted by Adeodatus:
quote:
... I will be staying with some lovely sisters. While I am there I am hoping get as many religious collectibles as possible ...

No, Fr Chrism - put Sister Perpetua back in her cell. You can't take her with you, she doesn't like aeroplanes and she's very elderly and doesn't want to be an anchoress ...
Don't worry I won't be taking Sister Perpetua with me, Barbiconi and Gamerelli only sale and rarely give.

We use to have a huge collection until they were stolen a couple of years back, it would be nice to have our own set again but we are more or less getting back on our feet after many years of opening and closures

Posted by Mamacita (# 3659) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Adeodatus:
quote:

Quotes file!

Pope Benedict XVI would probably pardon me if I did steal Sister Perpetua. Do Gamerelli/Barbiconi give away any old stuff

Posted by Olaf (# 11804) on :

quote:
Pope Benedict XVI would probably pardon me if I did steal Sister Perpetua. Do Gamerelli/Barbiconi give away any old stuff

If you ask for something old in central Italy, they're likely to think "Etruscan"! And no, they don't typically give stuff that old away.

The worst you could do is ask them. They might say no; they might say yes.

© Ship of Fools 2016