Thread: How sad is your life? Board: Oblivion / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=025121

Posted by moron (# 206) on :

You might think having the odd thread here get traction would be bad enough...

but no. I posted a review on an Amazon item and it achieved 'The most helpful favorable review' status (I haven't figured out how they decide who is most favorable as the results don't correspond exclusively to the positive v. negative vote percentage - I think total votes also plays a role and Yes I Think About These Things [Hot and Hormonal] ) and although I'm somewhat ashamed to admit it I'm not entirely:

I bookmarked the link on my phone and I check it often.

Sigh.

How sad is your life?

Posted by Martha (# 185) on :

I want to go to bed before my 2-year-old does.

Posted by Heavenly Anarchist (# 13313) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Martha:
I want to go to bed before my 2-year-old does.

Same here, I'm waiting for mine to go to bed so I can go too.

Posted by Chorister (# 473) on :

I left a party in order to come home and log on to the Ship of Fools.

Posted by The5thMary (# 12953) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:

Dear God, I thought I was the only one who did this!! Well, I didn't actually leave a party, as I never get invited to many so I tend to stay at them as long as possible, but I mention Ship of Fools at every opportunity... "...and then Rook said THIS and you would have thought he suggested boiling and eating babies, but then Mousethief said..." and checking in several times a day to see what's new... is there a support group for us?! [Smile]

Posted by comet (# 10353) on :

I turned down a date so I could stay at home and keep my dog company a few days ago.

more than once I've turned down dates because I have a great book waiting for me at home.

I'm afraid it's going to take a pretty fascinating guy to get me out of the house.
[Hot and Hormonal]

Posted by Twilight (# 2832) on :

Someone gave me the mini-series version of "Mildred Pierce," for Christmas and I'm looking forward to watching it so much I can't bring myself to watch it because then I wouldn't have it to look forward to anymore.

Posted by jedijudy (# 333) on :

quote:
Originally posted by The5thMary:
... is there a support group for us?! [Smile]

Well, come to think of it...a long time ago, in the Old, Old Cafe, Smudgie, Dolphy and I (with some help from Quizmaster) created SOFA, Ship of Fools Anonymous.

But we didn't really need it because we can quit anytime.
Any time now... [Hot and Hormonal]

Posted by Jade Constable (# 17175) on :

I made up my own game of 'which (UK) Anglican theological college has the best alumni?'. Mirfield is just in the lead, followed by Cuddesdon, fyi.

Posted by Evensong (# 14696) on :

My Christmas tree is still up [Hot and Hormonal]

Posted by Sir Kevin (# 3492) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Jade Constable:
I made up my own game of 'which (UK) Anglican theological college has the best alumni?'. Mirfield is just in the lead, followed by Cuddesdon, fyi.

My old acquaintance Hart is at Notre Dame, the best RC theological college in this country.

I tend to be the last poster on many threads way more often than I'd like...

Posted by The Weeder (# 11321) on :

I confess to visiting the Ship five or six times a day. And like any junkie, I am not giving you the REAL number of visits.

Posted by Chorister (# 473) on :

When I was 18, I spent my spare time poring over a map of Devon, square by square - making a list of every church in every village, so I could visit each one in turn and take photographs. (Of course, this was pre-internet, and the only comprehensive guide books were from 1850 or thereabouts.) When I think about how most 18 year olds spend their time, I think I must have been really sad, and strange....

Posted by Ariel (# 58) on :

(Bump)

I've just spent three days tidying and clearing up my flat and I still haven't quite finished.

And I really enjoyed it.

Posted by Pyx_e (# 57) on :

I get annoyed if I can't the "right" marmalade.

Posted by Anselmina (# 3032) on :

quote:

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! [Big Grin]

Comet, it is not sad to give time to dogs over dates. (And I should know [Waterworks] !)

Posted by jedijudy (# 333) on :

Do I detect a whiff of brimstone?

So, my nose is stuffed up. I think it smells that way.

Just to be safe...this thread is going to Hell.

jedijudy
(sick) Heaven H.o.s.t

Posted by Drifting Star (# 12799) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Pyx_e:
I get annoyed if I can't the "right" marmalade.

Starman... is that you?

Posted by alienfromzog (# 5327) on :

quote:
Originally posted by comet:
I'm afraid it's going to take a pretty fascinating guy to get me out of the house.
[Hot and Hormonal]

You called?

[Biased]

Alien-extremely-intersting-erudite-intelligent-and-sexy-fromzog

Posted by comet (# 10353) on :

bring it on, zog boy.

Posted by moron (# 206) on :

Update: now the numbers are 103 of 113 found it useful.

There was a significant uptick in activity beginning in late November of last year which ran pretty much through Christmas and then it fizzled after the Holidays and now we're back to a slow increase overall.

Posted by HughWillRidmee (# 15614) on :

quote:
When I was 18, I spent my spare time poring over a map of Devon, square by square - making a list of every church in every village, so I could visit each one in turn and take photographs. (Of course, this was pre-internet, and the only comprehensive guide books were from 1850 or thereabouts.) When I think about how most 18 year olds spend their time, I think I must have been really sad, and strange....

Don't know - I had a relative by ******** (now an outlaw - at least somebody wants him - you can't beat the old ones) who took off after his first year at Bicton and returned with a box Brownie full of what became black and white snaps of black and white cows - cows and fields in every one - and there were many.

Posted by George Spigot (# 253) on :

When the ship boards were down for maintenance a few days ago I literally did not know what to do with myself.

I posted a tweet about it hoping for sympathy.

[ETA: well, you won't get much here. Let's try All Saints.

Ariel,
Heaven Sprite]

[ 12. February 2013, 11:48: Message buggered about with by: Ariel ]

Posted by Zappa (# 8433) on :

Sigh. All my 4000 books are catalogued. If I had my way they would be in Dewey order around the house, but the architects got the layout all wrong. [Waterworks]

Posted by Kelly Alves (# 2522) on :

quote:
Originally posted by George Spigot:
When the ship boards were down for maintenance a few days ago I literally did not know what to do with myself.

I posted a tweet about it hoping for sympathy.

My brother. No, seriously.

[ 15. February 2013, 05:24: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

Posted by JB (# 1776) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:
My Christmas tree is still up [Hot and Hormonal]

Today Motherboard's Minions took down the farolitos,
I was saving them for when Marmot comes. (And I'm sticking to that story.)

Posted by Gill H (# 68) on :

She has minions?

I now have 'Despicable Me' style minions in my head ...!

Posted by JoannaP (# 4493) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:
Sigh. All my 4000 books are catalogued. If I had my way they would be in Dewey order around the house, but the architects got the layout all wrong. [Waterworks]

Not all our books are catalogued yet but the ones that are done are shelved in Dewey order (with some slight amendments).

Posted by Campbellite (# 1202) on :

I will meet your Dewey, and raise you a personal library arranged by the Union Theological Library System (a modification of the Library of Congress)

How sad is that?

Posted by ebeth (# 4474) on :

My Xmas list consisted of wool sweater and socks. And just the right tea, if it could be found.

Posted by piglet (# 11803) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Jade Constable:
I made up my own game of 'which (UK) Anglican theological college has the best alumni?' ...

D. and I once created Cathedral (and College) Choir Monopoly. For the choral geeks out there, King's and St. John's were respectively Park Lane and Mayfair.

It would be unkind to say which one we nominated as the Old Kent Road, but the idea was inspired by a choir we'd just heard at the time, who weren't awfully good ... [Devil]

© Ship of Fools 2016