Thread: Me and another set of bishop's hands.... April 26th Board: Oblivion / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=026977

Posted by Hart (# 4991) on :

Back in September, I professed perpetual vows in my religious community and the next day was ordained deacon. I was blissfully startled by the number of shipmates that made the trek to sunny Indiana to participate in these ceremonies. I do not expect a repeat of that outpouring of generosity, but I would like to again extend the invitation. On April 26th, at 2pm Bishop Kevin Rhoades will come to the Basilica of the Sacred Heart in Notre Dame, IN, to ordain me and my classmate as priests.

I will be presiding at Mass for the first time the next day: April 27th. I will also be doing some traveling for Masses of Thanksgiving in places that have been important to me. On June 22nd, I will preside at Holy Spirit parish in Berkeley, CA (NoCal Mass meet?) and on July 6th I will be at St. Thomas More parish in Knebworth, England (Hertfordshire).

Posted by Welease Woderwick (# 10424) on :

Once again I won't be able to join you at any of those events but my prayers will be with you.

Posted by PeteC (# 10422) on :

May Our Lord bless you as you begin your lifework.

Posted by Mamacita (# 3659) on :

I'm going to try to make it to the ordination on April 26. (And liking the 2PM start time better than the 10:00 gig [Smile] )

Hey NoCal Shippies, if there's a MassMeet in June, keep me posted, 'K?

Posted by piglet (# 11803) on :

All the best for the next stage of your vocation, Hart.

Posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe (# 5521) on :

Our prayers are with you, my dear fellow.

Posted by Rowen (# 1194) on :

My prayers too

Posted by Bene Gesserit (# 14718) on :

Mine likewise [Votive] - and I'm hoping to be at Knebworth.

BG

Posted by Banner Lady (# 10505) on :

Yay!

Posted by Jade Constable (# 17175) on :

[Votive] [Yipee]

And here's the Press Release. Once we've survived Holy Week, this will start to feel a whole lot more real!

Posted by Smudgie (# 2716) on :

No promises as yet as I haven't got my diary up to date, but Knebworth is definitely within driving distance for me. I was so sorry not to be able to attend your deaconification (neologism) that it would be great to have an opportunity to support you in your ongoing vocation.

Posted by Autenrieth Road (# 10509) on :

Hart, do I recall correctly that Holy Spirit parish was where you first went to a Catholic Church and realized very quickly that you had found Home? Have a blessed mass there, a blessed first mass, and blessed all the ones in between and to come. And a blessed ordination and a blessed life.

Posted by Gussie (# 12271) on :

I hope to make it - it looks doable from where I live as long as there isn't mega-engineering works going on on the railways.

quote:
Originally posted by Autenrieth Road:
Hart, do I recall correctly that Holy Spirit parish was where you first went to a Catholic Church and realized very quickly that you had found Home? Have a blessed mass there, a blessed first mass, and blessed all the ones in between and to come. And a blessed ordination and a blessed life.

That's right. "Home" with a capital "H"... I like it. That captures exactly what the Spirit put into my gut.

Wonderful to hear there could be a shiply contingent in Knebworth! The church is indeed a short walk from the train station.

Posted by Curiosity killed ... (# 11770) on :

I've pencilled the Knebworth date into the diary too.

Someone will Mystery Worship, yes?

Posted by Curiosity killed ... (# 11770) on :

I knew I shouldn't have posted on this thread.

At 2pm EST, the Ordination Mass will be live cast. Photos will go up within a week afterwards.

[coding]

[ 22. April 2014, 01:33: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

Posted by Olaf (# 11804) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Hart:
At 2pm EST, the Ordination Mass will be live cast. Photos will go up within a week afterwards.

[coding]

Bump...live right now.

Prayers for Hart and his fellow ordinand. [Votive]

Kindly allow me an Ecclesiantics blessing (with advance apology):

May your thurible be brassy,
May your liturgy be Massy,
May your songs be happy-clappy,
And may your crotalus be slappy.

Best wishes!

Posted by PeteC (# 10422) on :

I was a little late to the ceremony (I came in at the Consecration), but I didn't miss the beaming face of our newly consecrated Father in God (and the other ordinand, as well).

I have been following your journey, Hart, from the point you entered the seminary. This is not a final ending, but it is the ending of the beginning.

Ad multos annos, Father! God bless you always wherever your path leads you.

Posted by JB (# 1776) on :

Where are you? We want to meet up?

Check PM

Posted by piglet (# 11803) on :

Congratulations, Father Hart, and best wishes for the next stage of your journey.

[Votive]

Posted by jedijudy (# 333) on :

God bless you always, Father Hart! [Votive]

Posted by Starbug (# 15917) on :

God bless you in your journey with Him. [Votive]

Thank you all!

Here are the photos and video.

MW reports have been posted.

© Ship of Fools 2016