Thread: What are you wearing? Board: Oblivion / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=027294

Posted by Twilight (# 2832) on :

The "Hospitality and Dress Codes," thread in Purgatory is all about wedding clothes, but it got me interested in how Shipmates dress the rest of the time.

I'm presently wearing men's pajama bottoms, printed with the West Virginia University football logo. I always buy men's pajamas because the legs are much longer. My top is a color coordinated yellow T-shirt. I never wear pajama tops because that strip of large buttons is where my Dachshund's back goes when we sleep.

Posted by Stetson (# 9597) on :

I'm wearing a green and white checkered button shirt, a pair of green fatigue knee-high shorts, black dress shoes(the only pair of shoes I own), and a pair of white socks with black and blue rings around the top edge.

Almost all my socks are the exact same style, so I don't have to pair them up after washing.

Posted by Welease Woderwick (# 10424) on :

A lunghi or sarong in unbleached cotton and nothing else at all.

Posted by Ariel (# 58) on :

A sort of coral/rose-pink top and a long, flowing, ankle-length cotton turquoise skirt.

I wouldn't wear this to work, but it's great around the house and the colours make me feel good.

Posted by Firenze (# 619) on :

Diptyque Eau Rose.

Posted by Lyda*Rose (# 4544) on :

Skyclad.

Posted by Doublethink (# 1984) on :

Beige loose jersey trousers, beige stretchy short sleeved v-neck t-shirt - I believe this is known as lounge wear - whilst dosing on the sofa in front of Wimbledon, topped off with a towelling tourquoise dressing gown draped over my legs.

But in my heart, I am skyclad.

[ 06. July 2014, 16:15: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

Posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe (# 5521) on :

This time of year, shorts and a t-shirt or polo shirt or sports shirt; sockless sandals.

After dinner I change into pajamas and remain so clad for the rest of the evening -- unless, of course, I'm going out.

quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
A sort of coral/rose-pink top and a long, flowing, ankle-length cotton turquoise skirt.

I wouldn't wear this to work, but it's great around the house and the colours make me feel good.

Why wouldn't you wear this to work, it sounds great ?

Posted by Curiosity killed ... (# 11770) on :

Grey short-sleeved polo shirt and olive green chino shorts, which come to just above my knees, flip flops on my feet. This time of year shorts are the usual off duty wear for me. I do occasionally wear these shorts to work but with a smarter top.

Posted by saysay (# 6645) on :

A long blue tank top with a camoflauge skirt sewn on.

Posted by Chocoholic (# 4655) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:

Why wouldn't you wear this to work, it sounds great ?
It does, but maybe being a commuter wearing long skirts at stations isn't ideal.

I'm wearing a loose dress that M&S sell as beach wear but us great for house and garden wear too.

Posted by Jengie Jon (# 273) on :

Black jeans, Black long sleeve light t-shirt, purple scarf and purple walking sandals.

Not my work wear but comfortable to go about outside work.

Jengie

Posted by Jemima the 9th (# 15106) on :

Yellow t shirt with Mr Men print, long denim skirt and a thin green woolly jumper. And slippers.

Posted by JoannaP (# 4493) on :

I am wearing a wraparound dress in a large floral black and purple print. As the bishop came this morning, I thought I should make a bit of an effort.

Posted by Fineline (# 12143) on :

I am wearing pale turquoise pyjamas with purple buttons, and snowmen on them. Not exactly seasonal but they're comfy. And ironically they're my coolest pyjamas, because I've had them so long the fabric has gone thin, so they're the best ones to wear in summer.

Posted by Boogie (# 13538) on :

Cropped jeans, purple t shirt, purple hoodie and fit flops [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Chocoholic:
It does, but maybe being a commuter wearing long skirts at stations isn't ideal.

I'm wearing a loose dress that M&S sell as beach wear but us great for house and garden wear too.

Indeed. The turquoise skirt is actually one of those - it doubles as a strapless dress if you want it for the beach, but you do have to keep hoiking it up to climb in and out of public transport (yes, I tried) and crucially, there are no pockets.

I sometimes see people with floor length skirts at stations, with muddy hems, especially mucky in the wet. Ugh!

I love floaty and linen skirts but they are not ideal for my job. Also not ideal for my dislike of ironing!

Posted by lily pad (# 11456) on :

White t-shirt with a lightweight pink long sleeved cardigan with a black and white embroidered cotton skirt and socks and running shoes.

I did have sandals on for church but didn't feel like changing my clothes to take the dog for a big walk after church.

Ah yes, pocketlessness, the curse of womens clothing designed by impractical people.

[ 06. July 2014, 19:55: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

Also there is the problem of co-ordinated accessories. I could do it for this particular combo, but the shoes are a bit uncomfortable to wear all day. I really wish they'd make half sizes. The smaller size is a bit too tight, especially in hot weather, the larger size is a bit too big.

I used to work with a couple of ladies who liked having matching undies. I was in awe of their organisation it was all I could to to make sure my socks matched.

(Just to say, no undies were ever on display but they were discussed.)

ETA that us to say, they their own matched, not each other's, that would just be weird! [Big Grin]

[ 06. July 2014, 20:08: Message edited by: Chocoholic ]

Posted by Yangtze (# 4965) on :

Right now, on the sofa, ready for bed: purple jogging bottoms, oversize grey t-shirt, dark green fleece hoody purchased in a factory outlet shop in HK some time in the mid-90s when I was out one evening and cold and needed something warm to wear, and still going strong.

Posted by Lucia (# 15201) on :

Currently in blue shorts and sleeveless T-shirt, my usual attire indoors in this hot weather. However I would not venture out in the street dressed like this, it would not be culturally appropriate where I am living and I don't want to attract either the attention or the assumptions! So if I go out I change into cropped trousers (so knees are covered) and T-shirt with sleeves (so that shoulders are covered). Even than I am significantly under dressed compared with many women here, but hey, I'm a foreigner so I can get away with it!

[ 06. July 2014, 20:16: Message edited by: Lucia ]

Posted by TheAlethiophile (# 16870) on :

Currently sockless, wearing blue jeans and a Mr Mischief t-shirt. Tomorrow shall be the normal uniform of a dark suit and a brightly coloured tie.

Posted by Heavenly Anarchist (# 13313) on :

A vintage Laura Ashley smock dress (late 1970s, judging by the design of the label) in a tiny print in muted green, violet and rust brown. Long sleeved as it was cool this morning but I am now far too hot in it. I also had on earlier some brown narrow striped tights and little purple ankle boots.
Being vintage Laura Ashley, the dress has pockets [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Chocoholic:
I used to work with a couple of ladies who liked having matching undies. I was in awe of their organisation it was all I could to to make sure my socks matched.

(Just to say, no undies were ever on display but they were discussed.)

ETA that us to say, they their own matched, not each other's, that would just be weird! [Big Grin]

You're lucky, I had colleagues who insisted on showing you ...

Posted by Rowen (# 1194) on :

Thick, brown skirt. Flannel shirt. Warm jacket. Knee high ugg boots.
It is winter in Australia.
Brrrrrrrrr

Posted by BessHiggs (# 15176) on :

My favorite pair of jeans that just sprung a hole between the legs and my husband's rotty old Carhart (also more holes than shirt). Comfy comfy comfy on a Sunday evening....

Posted by Gee D (# 13815) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Rowen:
Brrrrrrrrr

It was only 1 Celsius as I left home for the station around 6.15, so I was wearing a warm Rodex coat bought many years ago at Richard Hunt (don't worry Hosts, both sadly out of business so no advertising), a scarf, gloves and solid boots; under all that was a winter-weight suit. In 45 minutes or so, I shall be taking the jacket off and putting uniform on to head next door.

quote:
Originally posted by BessHiggs:
My favorite pair of jeans that just sprung a hole between the legs and my husband's rotty old Carhart (also more holes than shirt). Comfy comfy comfy on a Sunday evening....

Convenient, just think how much you'd have had to pay to get them with the holes ready made.

Posted by piglet (# 11803) on :

Black cotton embroidered smock-top, jeans and the red mules that serve as my slippers.

Posted by anoesis (# 14189) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Rowen:
Brrrrrrrrr

Black trackies, grey and black superfine merino top (mmm...), pink and mauve merino socks, ugg boots, and a Billabong jersey of my husband's that I dug out of a bottom drawer last night when a can-opener mishap resulted in coconut milk going all down the front of my usual house-jersey...

Posted by comet (# 10353) on :

pink tulle and black leather.

(yeah, right)

actually, faded blue jeans, my old Ramones t-shirt, and my favorite hat. Not sure what it's called. It' grey tweed.

(googled: "ivy cap"?)

barefoot as I'm inside, but if I was outside it would be my trusty Tevas which I will wear until there's measurable snow on the ground, and then I'll weep a little inside as I put my toes away for another year.

[ 07. July 2014, 04:19: Message edited by: comet ]

Posted by Lamb Chopped (# 5528) on :

Psychedelic pink, purple and blue top (either a long blouse or a very short dress)with undies, doing that Marilyn Monroe thing as the fan by my chair makes the whole thing blow up. Ahem. The TOP is doing that MM thing, not the undies. [Hot and Hormonal]

Posted by Jade Constable (# 17175) on :

Currently old pink pyjama bottoms and an emerald green men's t-shirt which serves as a pyjama top, while waiting for the shower to be free. Once I'm done there, will be wearing a grey t-shirt and dark blue jeans, high waisted and straight-legged. And Guerlain Shalimar.

Posted by seadog (# 2931) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:
Ah yes, pocketlessness, the curse of womens clothing designed by impractical people.

I couldn't agree more.

Posted by L'organist (# 17338) on :

Sand colour chinos, Coffee colour polo shirt, oxblood loafers, watch and wedding ring.

Yes, all very dull and nothing in fashion - but then if you're not in fashion then you're not out of it either!

Posted by Leorning Cniht (# 17564) on :

OK, I'll play.

Ratty cargo shorts, used to be khaki. Pockets distended with assorted junk that might be useful in the next few days - adjustable wrench, USB extender cable, screwdriver, and assorted odds and ends. Oh, and keys/wallet.

T-shirt: dark blue, with added accent holes at irregular intervals along the seam.

Sandals: antique. Not only foxed, but badgered, and probably coyoted and beared as well.

This is my standard summer work attire, for days that don't call for either dressing up or protective equipment.

Posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider (# 76) on :

Currently wearing cheap and nasty work trousers and a very elderly work shirt, because I can't be arsed to change after work. Tomorrow at this time I'll be wearing skinny black jeans and a T-shirt with either an iconic spirit or liqueur advertised on it, a dragon, or plain black. This is because I'll be cycling to and from work and Mrs Backslider objects to me remaining a Lycra Clad Tit once I get home.

I'll let you guess which is my preferred attire.

Posted by Bishops Finger (# 5430) on :

It's a humid-ish evening here - I'm indoors - no-one to see/object/photograph/complain to the police or Bishop - so, IN THE NUDDY (sp?).

(clean) T-shirt, jeans, and casual shirt, all carefully laid aside until Matins tomorrow!

Ian J.

Posted by Fineline (# 12143) on :

Today, for work, I wore black microfleece trousers, a lime green vest top, and a charcoal-coloured hoodie. And walking shoes. This is what I wear every day, but with different-coloured vest tops each day, and some different-coloured hoodies too. I like soft clothes for comfort, and firm shoes for walking, because I often walk to work.

Right now I'm wearing pyjamas - the top is checked turquoise, pink, yellow and grey, and the bottoms are grey with Snoopies on them.

Posted by Tree Bee (# 4033) on :

Blue skinny chinos with several pocketses, lilac v necked t shirt, nothing on feet but black flat wooden Dr Scholls nearby for when I stand up.

Posted by Coa Coa (# 15535) on :

Cotton clergy shirt (light blue), bare feet and linen slacks. and I have nice new blue sandals for going out in. Which I have to do any minute now.

Posted by Nenya (# 16427) on :

A green and white floral panelled cotton skirt and a white smocked cotton top, which is what I wore to work today. And white sandals which I've now taken off.

I'll shortly be changing into a very old loose cotton tee shirt so that I can plaster after-sun cream over the nasty sunburn I allowed myself to get round my neck and down my front at the weekend. [Disappointed]

Now that I'm cough of a certain age cough my skin has reverted to the extreme sensitivity of my childhood and I'm busy converting my wardrobe to garments of natural fibres only.

Nen - all about the cotton.

Posted by PeteC (# 10422) on :

Today I wore pants, twilled cotton shirt, twilled cotton trousers and sometimes sandals.

It's after 21:30 here. I will leave it to your imagination as to what I am currently wearing on a humidish evening, following on a hot, humid day.

Posted by jedijudy (# 333) on :

After a lovely shower, I am wearing my aqua colored PJs. Short sleeves and short bottoms. Nighty-night! [Smile]

Posted by Welease Woderwick (# 10424) on :

Laundry day today so my lunghi is a sort of pale, rather washed out salmon - and it is brand new, fist time of wearing!

Posted by ChastMastr (# 716) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
It's a humid-ish evening here - I'm indoors - no-one to see/object/photograph/complain to the police or Bishop - so, IN THE NUDDY (sp?).

Oh, I'd avoided posting, but now I guess I can say white boxer briefs.

Posted by Huia (# 3473) on :

Third antipodean posting to report wearing ugg boots - mine are light purple, as well as a possum and merino beanie (also purple) warm grey pants, 3 layers of polar fleece and a purple scarf. About ready to head out, just need to change into shoes (more support, less warmth).

Huia - fed up with winter

Posted by Sir Kevin (# 3492) on :

When I was at mass recently, I was reading and dressed like an Englishmen: Shoes I bought at the Clark's store somewhere in London and everything else from head to toe came from Marks and Spencers at Oxford Circus where I had bought things to replace what British Airways had lost somewhere between LAX and Heathrow several years ago.

Posted by Caissa (# 16710) on :

I'm wearing dress pants, a dress shirt, dress shoes and a blazer.

Today I am wearing another vintage Laura Ashley dress, this one a tiered smock of the late 70s in a very pretty multi pastel Morris-style print. Worn with burnt orange ribbed tights, red ankle boots and red cardi.

Posted by no prophet (# 15560) on :

My necktie has butterflies on it today. Yesterday it was a stylized peacock. I thinking of flowers for tomorrow, probably daisies.

Several upthread wrote they were sky clad in reality or imagination. I find this goes poorly with vinyl seating. In my imagination, I am dressed like a Star Fleet™ officer, but not a nameless red shirt, and "making it so" as instructed by Captain Picard.

Posted by Cathscats (# 17827) on :

I have just changed into a denim skirt and striped white and navy hoodie over a turquoise t shirt. Feet bare and cold. Necessity for changing being that I got absolutely drookit while cycling from the station. Must go and find wooly socks. I love summer..... [Smile]

Flannel red, white & blue pj bottoms & and new red showerproof gilet with a synthetic furry inside - furry inside feels nice - will change back into blue tshirt before going to bed.

Posted by hanginginthere (# 17541) on :

Dark blue jeans, blue checked cotton shirt, flowery flipflops.

Blue and white cotton floral print flared skirt tied with matching sash, indigo top, with cardigan of almost the same blue as the flowers on the skirt. Pearl drop earrings, white summer shoes.

It's nice to have the chance to wear summer clothes, even if the weather has turned colder.

Ariel, you dress exactly the way I've always pictured you. The strange thing is -- so does Welease Woderwick.

Purple sandals, brown trousers, purple top, brown cardigan, purple scarf.

Today's work wear.

Jengie

Posted by la vie en rouge (# 10688) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Cathscats:
Must go and find wooly socks. I love summer..... [Smile]

Quite. I am wearing a long-sleeved grey tunic (with a black vest top showing at the neck in the name of modesty), heavy black leggings and ankle boots.

It's JULY for goodness' sake.

Whereas here it is bright, sunny and temperatures heading into the twenties (which in Scotland equates to birds falling out of trees with heatstroke and people cautiously loosening a tweed or two).

I may even wear a skirt.

quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
Whereas here it is bright, sunny and temperatures heading into the twenties (which in Scotland equates to birds falling out of trees with heatstroke and people cautiously loosening a tweed or two).

I may even wear a skirt.

Not quite sure what the fuss is about; apart from when walking over mountains I don't think I've needed a coat during the daytime for months.

People whine too much about the British weather. It's very seldom homicidal, unlike some parts of the world, only occasionally too cold (one or two days in winter - a few more north of the border I'll grant you) and only too hot for a few weeks around July and August.

Shorts, t shirt and fit flops - hurrah for the sun!

[Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by Heavenly Anarchist:
Today I am wearing another vintage Laura Ashley dress, this one a tiered smock of the late 70s in a very pretty multi pastel Morris-style print. Worn with burnt orange ribbed tights, red ankle boots and red cardi.

I'm getting a picture of Doc Martin's red-headed receptionist -- so pretty. I love the way she dresses.

Posted by Kitten (# 1179) on :

Maroon crushed velvet skirt, black and white cotton jersey top printed with ban the bomb symbols and dark purple Birkenstocks

Shorts which were once black and which are sufficiently tattered that I don't wear them outside the apartment.

Posted by MrsBeaky (# 17663) on :

White jeggings and sandals with a red, white and yellow print, Asian style tunic.

Posted by Augustine the Aleut (# 1472) on :

Vernissage wear--- orange and black hawai'ian shirt, black trousers, plain dark green ascot; Argentine shoulder bag made from recycled municipal posters.

Posted by L'organist (# 17338) on :

Black shorts, white polo shirt, red/black belt, red sandals (much improved on earlier when I was gardening...)

Posted by North East Quine (# 13049) on :

This morning - suffragette fancy dress. Long black skirt, white blouse, homemade "votes for women" green, white and purple bead necklace, hair up in a bun, large straw hat, with purple scarf tying it on, sensible black shoes. Plus non-authentic purple and white loom band bracelets.

Now - still in the long black skirt (£5 from Lidl - bargain!), white, purple and black long sleeved T-shirt.

quote:
Originally posted by North East Quine:
This morning - suffragette fancy dress. Long black skirt, white blouse, homemade "votes for women" green, white and purple bead necklace, hair up in a bun, large straw hat, with purple scarf tying it on, sensible black shoes. Plus non-authentic purple and white loom band bracelets.

How fabulous! I now have the urge to dig out an Edwardian dress pattern and make something different [Smile] Why are you dressed up?

Today I am wearing a homemade maxi dress in small coral pink floral on sunflower yellow, a warm cotton and wool mix, with red Pom Pom trim. It was made from a vintage Laura Ashley pattern circa 1974. My tights are a stripey red, turquoise, purple and yellow. I also have loom bands [Big Grin]

I was one of a group leading a Women's History Walk.

The big hat and scarf combination was surprisingly cool on a hot day, though it did restrict my side vision.

Kimono, various shades of blue and cream circles in a repeating pattern.

(I decided my winter dressing gown was too warm and it was time to buy a proper summer dressing gown, of course, since it arrived the weather has changed [Frown] This the first time it has been warm enough to lounge around in it.)

Posted by Meerkat (# 16117) on :

At this very moment... am in the garden in bright 78 degs sunshine... Shorts, cap on head with a glass of Merlot in hand!

Baggy t-shirt and undies as I am struggling in the heat. Pining for winter [Frown]

Posted by Bene Gesserit (# 14718) on :

My nightclothes, wet hair from the shower and a diminishing glass of merlot to accessorise.

Posted by Zappa (# 8433) on :

Moleskin trousers, clerical shirt (collar out), a heater, a singlet, and about seventeen jumpers. It's winter and I'm miserably cold.

A heater ? [Ultra confused]

quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:
Moleskin trousers, clerical shirt (collar out), a heater, a singlet, and about seventeen jumpers. It's winter and I'm miserably cold.

You should come here. Last night neither of us could sleep because even lying on the bed with no bedclothes in the nip* it was too bloody hot.

*If I keep up with posts like this I can make my fortune running a mind bleach concession.

Posted by Bob Two-Owls (# 9680) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
You should come here. Last night neither of us could sleep because even lying on the bed with no bedclothes in the nip* it was too bloody hot.

I took my karrimat outside and slept under the willow tree in just a t-shirt and a pair of shorts last night. The rain woke me up at about four.

Posted by burlingtontiger (# 18069) on :

On a sunny July day,like today, typically: three-quarter trousers, polo shirt, trainer-socks, canvass shoes.

On a damp or cold July day, typically: Levis, polo shirt or shirt (not tucked in), Pringle socks, brogues, Barbour jacket or Barbour Gilet . Can't say my outfits vary much from one of these two standard formats.

White cropped trousers and the blissfully lightweight summer shirt I bought at the weekend. It's fine just now, in my air-conditioned office, but when I go outside even that'll probably be too hot ...

quote:

*If I keep up with posts like this I can make my fortune running a mind bleach concession.

Won't make any money on the hosts. We keep an ample supply in the hosts' lounge for health and safety reasons. Ample = Gallons

Posted by cattyish (# 7829) on :

Sunday I got up and put on a sleeveless cotton dress and sandals over those unattractive items of underwear which don't show up under thin cotton. That did me through walking the dog, mowing the lawn, cleaning the kitchen and doing some sewing in the sweltering (all of 25 degrees) heat.

I am a) going to make more dresses like that and b) going to add pockets and sleeves to the next one. I am lightly toasted over the shoulders.

North Eest Quine, can I come to your walks dressed the part too? It sounds great!

Cattyish, now wearing jeans which were 70% off at Yalara resort last time I was really hot.

quote:
Originally posted by ChastMastr:
Shorts which were once black and which are sufficiently tattered that I don't wear them outside the apartment.

Same thing, day after day.

[Disappointed]

BTW Karl, no need for mind bleach for me, but it's too vanilla to be titillating as well, which is a shame. [Razz]

Posted by anoesis (# 14189) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:

I love you! Seventeen is my go-to 'completely ridiculous quantity' also! I'm not too bad for cold right at the moment under just two layers of merino, but I am wearing a scarf, which is a ridiculous thing to do inside, when you think about it, and I have cold keyboard hands which will need tucking between thighs when I go to bed...

Posted by not entirely me (# 17637) on :

We actually have summer now and after a weekend of heat I'm lounging indoors with the windows open wearing black linen trousers all frayed on the cuffs and a hand me down black fitted t-shirt. & some metal bracelets. All adorned with cat hair of course!

Posted by DangerousDeacon (# 10582) on :

The joy of living in the tropics - shorts and light cotton shirt all year round, sandals when out doors. Tropical shirts for dining out!

Posted by Miffy (# 1438) on :

Currently wearing navy chinos and a blue and white butterfly print smock top. My poor, aching feet are relaxing in my navy ballerina slippers with blue and white polka dot bows.

I am wearing black travelers shorts and a multi-blue cotton top and sandals as I prepare for a ride in the Smoky Mountains! I suppose I should have my long-sleeved cotton chambray shirt (which used to belong to my dad) with me since it's actually cool here!

Black top, black skirt, black tights, black court shoes, black jacket.

Yes, I've been to a funeral. Packed church. At least 95% of the men were in white shirt / black tie / black jacket / black or grey trousers, and about 90% of the women were in various black or black and white combinations, and the rest in navy or black-and-another-colour.

It was the funeral of a 88 year old neighbour and so a lot of those who attended are of the generation which has a "funeral suit" and an expectation of all black at funerals.

The one cotton dress I own, having been to work and needing to be as cool as possible in this heat. Shortly to be exchanged, post-shower, to a very loose cotton tee shirt and cotton undies to get air to the sensitive, itchy skin. [Roll Eyes]

Nen - making a note to buy more loose cotton dresses.

A white long-sleeved top and turquoise cropped trousers, both now artistically bespattered with cherry juice after a lunch hour spent in an orchard, trying to coax the remaining cherries down from the higher branches. They're not stupid, those cherries. They fight back, and rain down on your head.

Posted by comet (# 10353) on :

two days ago: heavy duty slicker, rain bibs, xtra tuffs, leather gloves, and copious amounts of fish slime. happy summer!

today (day job, alas) lightweight grey slacks, sandals, blue tee, black blazer, grey silk scarf. and the sun came out. GAH! about to strip to the least amount publicly acceptable before my library run.

The embroidered silk Hapi coat my beloved brought me from Vietnam in nineteenhundredandlongago.

Presently I will don silk blouse and silk trousers the better to survive day forecast to be in high twenties.

quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
The embroidered silk Hapi coat

Does that mean...

That you're...

and now it's in your head for ever and EVER AND EVER MUHUHUHAHAHAHA

[Two face]

Posted by Vulpior (# 12744) on :

Smart casual for a day in the office. Footwear is a pair of those trainer-like good-enough-for-work shoes. Trousers are chinos in the modern, tighter (but not too skinny) style. Shirt is a business shirt with removable collar stiffeners and double cuffs.

Posted by bib (# 13074) on :

I'm in my hospital 'uniform' which today is navy pants, striped top and comfortable shoes. Will have to gown up and add gloves and mask if required. Not exactly haute couture!

A homemade loose sleeveless maxi dress (same vintage sewing pattern as before) which has a sky blue background and pink flamingos, with pink bobble trim. It's going to be very hot here today.

Posted by Niminypiminy (# 15489) on :

That sounds amazing!

I'm wearing a loose purple silk top, pale grey skirt, purple footless tights, grey nail varnish and white sandals. I'd never put pale grey and purple together before (a slightly warm purple). I like it!

quote:
Originally posted by Niminypiminy:
That sounds amazing!

I'm wearing a loose purple silk top, pale grey skirt, purple footless tights, grey nail varnish and white sandals. I'd never put pale grey and purple together before (a slightly warm purple). I like it!

I'm usually very easy to find in a crowd! [Big Grin]

Pale grey and purple sounds lovely, quite restful.

Oddly enough, that's the colour scheme of the hotel room I'm currently sitting in: pale grey striped wallpaper, grey and white tweed carpet, white bed linen, grey velvet curtains with purple silk trim, terrifically arty b/w photos of London landmarks.

Come to that, I am in pale grey-brown silk over shirt and dark grey silk trousers, white, grey and apricot scarf. (This trip has been good for giving a whirl to summer clothes that never get an outing in Scotland...)

A frock!!

(An item rarely seen on me, but my friends have just taken me out for my birthday/retirement lunch - very nice it was too)

The frock is calf length, navy blue and purple.

[Smile]

Same as yesterday, but minus the cherry stains. If you ever need to know, lemon juice, followed by putting the garment in the washing machine, is a useful way of getting them out, or at least fading them to barely noticeable.

Loose pink trousers and a purple flowered tee shirt top with three quarter length sleeves. I'm too hot already so will have to revise that as the day goes on, particularly as Mr Nen and I are out dancing tonight. I did buy a new tee shirt and a pretty skirt yesterday, with a nice comfy elasticated waistband, so that might come out later.

Nen - all about Comfort and Cotton.

Posted by Pyx_e (# 57) on :

black

Posted by Chorister (# 473) on :

now - flowery floaty top and summer weight walking trousers,

later - swimming costume!

A Laura Ashley cotton jumpsuit circa 1980s in a muted pale indigo and jade print on white. I'm expecting a similar jumpsuit in pink and peach to arrive in post from eBay today [Smile]

Posted by la vie en rouge (# 10688) on :

After moaning the other day about long sleeves weather in July, it is going to be 34° today. It’s hot whatever you wear.

I am sporting my Mum’s frock from the 80s with V-shaped waist and loud floral print. She calls it old-fashioned. I call it retro. [Big Grin]

Gods be praised we're "only" expecting 26 here.

quote:
Originally posted by la vie en rouge:
I am sporting my Mum’s frock from the 80s with V-shaped waist and loud floral print. She calls it old-fashioned. I call it retro. [Big Grin]

Funny you should say that. When shopping yesterday there was in the clothes shop a white jacket which was pretty much identical to the one I had (and still have and yes, it still fits me [Biased] ) for my going away outfit years ago - same length, same pockets, same material. I'm so up with the times. [Big Grin]

Nen - fashion guru. [Killing me]

quote:

We're expecting 28°, but feeling into the 30s with the humidity. [Frown]

I'm wearing white cropped trousers and a loose, very lightweight charcoal-grey shirt.

In about 10 minutes, I'm going to have to abandon my air-conditioned office and brave the heat ... [Eek!]

D. was observing yesterday that people seem to be complaining far more about the heat than they did about the cold in the winter (and it was a long, cold winter). I reckon it's because when it's cold you can always put on another layer, but if it's very hot, there's a limit to what you can take off. [Big Grin]

[ 17. July 2014, 15:29: Message edited by: piglet ]

quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
quote:

We're expecting 28°, but feeling into the 30s with the humidity. [Frown]

I'm wearing white cropped trousers and a loose, very lightweight charcoal-grey shirt.

In about 10 minutes, I'm going to have to abandon my air-conditioned office and brave the heat ... [Eek!]

D. was observing yesterday that people seem to be complaining far more about the heat than they did about the cold in the winter (and it was a long, cold winter). I reckon it's because when it's cold you can always put on another layer, but if it's very hot, there's a limit to what you can take off. [Big Grin]

I've always said this when various lizards tell me to stop moaning about the heat, and whine instead about the cold, but do they listen?

I'm sat here in my palest T-shirt and walking shorts. To be perfectly honest I dread to think what I look like.

[ 17. July 2014, 16:07: Message edited by: Karl: Liberal Backslider ]

We're up to 29° apparently, so shorts and a t-shirt, as usual.

Posted by Niminypiminy (# 15489) on :

It's the time and the weather and the mood for Les A Murray's The Dream of Wearing Shorts Forever

I never ever wear shorts, but I have the dream.

Me neither.

Now that I'm up, I am wearing a worn-out pair of black Adidas trousers suitable for sleeping and answering the door in an emergency with shortish black socks and a black Guinness shirt that I was wearing as an undershirt yesterday and thinking of wearing it to the local pub had I gone.

When I leave the house today, I shall be wearing a pair of Savane blue jeans which are cut with button rear pockets and hip pockets like normal trousers along with an old pair of white Nike Air shoes and white socks. I shall also be wearing my Laphroiag t-shirt and matching baseball-style cap that I sent away to Scotland for on my birthday.

My nightie. I've had a long hot day and am lying down in a darkened room. [Snore]

Pale grey boxer briefs.

Posted by Lyda*Rose (# 4544) on :

A black, light cable knit top and black and white plaid, seersucker slacks. I love my seersuckers for summer, of which I have half a dozen; they are as airy as shorts, yet cover my chubby knees. [Cool]

[ 23. July 2014, 23:45: Message edited by: Lyda*Rose ]

Posted by leftfieldlover (# 13467) on :

I'm currently visiting relatives in Australia, where it is quite cool. So, I'm wearing yellow shoes [no socks], blue jeggins, knee length black and white silk tunic and a navy and black long-line cardigan.

Homemade sleeveless maxi dress in a cream, green and black African cotton print.

Since I'm actually getting properly dressed today - navy cotton voile maxi dress worn as a skirt (it's too small to wear as a dress, plus it's a halterneck and I find I'm too busty for them) with turquoise and green flowers on it, and a green cotton t-shirt. Bright pink flip-flops, and sunglasses with red, glittery, heart-shaped frames [Big Grin]

Posted by quetzalcoatl (# 16740) on :

Nowt.

quote:
Originally posted by Jade Constable:
Since I'm actually getting properly dressed today - navy cotton voile maxi dress worn as a skirt (it's too small to wear as a dress, plus it's a halterneck and I find I'm too busty for them) with turquoise and green flowers on it, and a green cotton t-shirt. Bright pink flip-flops, and sunglasses with red, glittery, heart-shaped frames [Big Grin]

That sounds so pretty! [Smile] I feel very boring in comparison. Loose pink trousers and a purple tee shirt. White sandals. Minimum jewellery, even - this hot weather aggravates my sensitive skin and one of my bracelets sets my whole wrist aflame. [Roll Eyes] Consequently I'm just wearing my watch and my wedding ring.

Nen - minimalist... in some things... [Biased]

Posted by Yangtze (# 4965) on :

Brown woven knee length cotton sleeveless dress with a darker brown bamboo pattern. It has pleating over the bust and I think was supposed to be straight but someone has interested a triangle of another brown fabric in the back seam of the skirt so it's looser.

I think the whole things is handmade - I bought it off a woman at a local fair.

Worn with: lightweight mustard cropped cardy; gold strappy sandals (scroll down), African gold/bronze coloured metal bangles & dangly earrings. Plus a carved bone necklace.

[ 25. July 2014, 15:29: Message edited by: Yangtze ]

Flamingos again [Smile]

Green trousers, long sleeved plain black t-shirt and a white scarf with black owls on it.

Jengie

quote:
Flamingos again [Smile]

I am deeply envious of your flamingo dress!

Scrappy white cotton top and not-quite-so-scrappy red cotton three quarter length trousers. I'm off to mow the lawns. [Big Grin]

Nen - hot already and hoping to get outdoor stuff done before it gets hotter.

quote:
quote:
Flamingos again [Smile]

I'll try to remember to wear it at Greenbelt [Smile]

Posted by Jemima the 9th (# 15106) on :

Black maxi dress with bright floral print. I'm a frock person, by and large, but it's not always easy to find frocks which are breastfeeding compatible.

Posted by Tree Bee (# 4033) on :

Cool taupe and black patterned skirt with 2 big pocketses and a taupe spaghetti strapped top. Hot day wear.

Posted by The Phantom Flan Flinger (# 8891) on :

Jeans and a T-shirt with the names of all the Doctor Who actors on it.

I'd love a Doctor Who tee shirt [Smile]
I'm wearing another homemade maxi dress, this one is pale green with red spotty teapots on.

quote:
I'd love a Doctor Who tee shirt [Smile]
I'm wearing another homemade maxi dress, this one is pale green with red spotty teapots on.

Here's where I got mine from

Posted by leo (# 1458) on :

A T shirt based on the Life of Brian, stating 'People's Front of Judea'

Loads of Dr Who T-shirts available at the BBC shop

Posted by LeRoc (# 3216) on :

quote:
leo: A T shirt based on the Life of Brian, stating 'People's Front of Judea'
Splitter!

I'm wearing these light brown trousers with many pockets, a black t-shirt showing manatees with very big puppy eyes, and sandals.

Posted by MrsBeaky (# 17663) on :

It's freezing here in the rainy season because of the altitude so today in addition to white leggings, African style green, purple and white tunic and long white cardigan I am also sporting a multi-coloured blanket wrapped around myself....

quote:
Originally posted by leo:
A T shirt based on the Life of Brian, stating 'People's Front of Judea'

I've got one of those too...

quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
Loads of Dr Who T-shirts available at the BBC shop

I've got a black t-shirt I bought when we visited the temporary Dr. Who Museum at Land's End about eight years ago (when we met at the London Eye). It has the Dr. Who logo on it and I still occasionally wear it. I am v. disappointed that I didn't find any Dalek salt shakers and pepper grinders at the time: the flying Daleks scared me half to death - I don't remember them from the series!

That said, I look like I am waiting for the cigar shop to open, but I'm not - I slept in my black Adidas training trousers and black Cohiba t-shirt. The only thing different is that I am now wearing blackbedroom slippers because my wife's study is waiting for me to install new floor covering which I hope to do later this week...

quote:
quote:
quote:
Flamingos again [Smile]

I'll try to remember to wear it at Greenbelt [Smile]
I need to sort out my Greenbelt wardrobe - last year I wore skater dresses and leggings (which to be honest is much of my normal wardrobe) and that seemed to work, especially as I could wear flip-flops or wellies with said outfits (I dislike wearing wellies against bare legs). My dresses have shrunk a bit from being tumble-dried too much so I may have to get some new ones!

Also could do with some ankle wellies - chunky calves!

Today, I'm wearing a t-shirt with the shipping forecast areas on it.

Posted by SvitlanaV2 (# 16967) on :

I happen to have a scene of Winnie the Pooh and his gang strolling across my chest....

May I be permitted a brief clothes-related tangent on this thread? I have a question to ask you good folks here. I've bought a few items from the Forever 21 fashion boutique (I can recommend their jeans), and I've just noticed that at the very bottom of their bright pink plastic bags is what looks like a Bible reference: 'John 3:16'. Has anyone else seen this?

A very little googling got me this answer

Posted by SvitlanaV2 (# 16967) on :

Thanks! (I don't suppose Forever 21 has anything to do with your wardrobe, though?)

[ 05. August 2014, 18:12: Message edited by: SvitlanaV2 ]

© Ship of Fools 2016