Thread: India Club meet - Monday 18th August Board: Oblivion / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=027533

Posted by Curiosity killed ... (# 11770) on :

Does anyone else want an India Club meet? We were talking about it on the last walk meet, but didn't get any further.

Any preference for dates?

[ 16. August 2014, 13:02: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

Posted by TheAlethiophile (# 16870) on :

Pray tell, what is India Club?

The India Club - I first went there to a Shipmeet organised by uncletoby and since then we've been there for Shipmeets a few times. The last time was the end of April this year, but lots of times, including when Welease Woderick was over in 2012

Posted by Gussie (# 12271) on :

I'm keen, a place I really like.

I noticed Brenda Clough suggested the 18th on the London walk thread, but I'm not sure if that's a date I can make.

Posted by Brenda Clough (# 18061) on :

I have theater tickets every other day I am in London, and then I'm off for distant parts. However, if it is not doable, it's not.

Posted by JoannaP (# 4493) on :

I can make Monday 18th.

I could do Monday 18, but it's pretty short notice. And I'm more with it than I was for the walk on the 10th.

Posted by M. (# 3291) on :

Thanks for starting the thread, CK.

Macarius and I can do Monday 18th.

M.

Brilliant - that's five of us then, six with the Kitten. I'll text / e-mail / pm some of the other likely suspects and try to book it when we've got more idea of numbers.

Could a kind host please change the title to Monday 18 August, please?

Posted by Welease Woderwick (# 10424) on :

Done - it's quite an easy bit of kindness.

I wish I could be with you, I love that place.

Posted by Deputy Verger (# 15876) on :

I wish I could too, but I have an immovable feast in the way. I tried, but it wouldn't budge. Have fun, I enjoy that place too!

I won't be there either - busy week next week.

Maybe we need another meet in a few weeks time?

Posted by Spike (# 36) on :

Tina & I should be up for it. What time is it?

Yes, post a time and an address and I will (DV) be there.

What time can we make? 6:30pm? 7:00pm? What time would be a good time for people?

6.30 would be good for us.

M.

7 is easier for us

It's really easy to find - it's on the south side of The Strand near Lancaster Place/Waterloo Bridge - if you are coming across the bridge you then turn right [towards Fleet Street and St Pauls] and then it is less than 100 yards - a doorway on the right and then stairs up to bar level and then more stairs to the restaurant. Hopeless for disabled access but it is a good place.

7 is OK for us as well.

M.

Posted by Sparrow (# 2458) on :

Fine for me too, i am really looking forward to meeting some of you at last.

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Am I correct in assuming we'll be meeting in the bar before going upstairs to eat?

That's what I thought too. Do I book a table for

Spike
Tina
Me
Curious Kitten
Sparrow
Brenda + Mr Brenda?
M
Macarius

so that's 9, 10 with a spare for 7pm?

Others who may come along are daisymay and Yangtze, I have texted Yangtze but not heard back from her.

Figbash and I are possibles.

Sorry Joanna P, I realised I'd missed you after I'd posted that, but I'd logged off and disappeared.

Posted by Yangtze (# 4965) on :

Hello, sorry, I was away for weekend. Just got back.

I'll speak to Spanish visitor tomorrow morning (she's asleep now) and get back to y'all. (CK I will text you too if that's handier.)

Tomorrow's the only evening I can have with her as I'm heading to Greenbelt on Thurs and out Tues & Weds. But if she's up for coming too and if you're up for her coming then it sounds good.

We will be there -- myself and my husband Larry.

Posted by Yangtze (# 4965) on :

OK, we're coming. Spanish visitor (Raquel) who some of you met on Hampstead Heath, may get there before me, do keep an eye out for her.

Table booked for 7pm in the name of Ship of Fools - as there are 14 of us we need to choose a set menu and I've requested veggie as that's what we normally get as everyone will eat veggie. (Very little substitution from the meat version which has a lamb and chicken dish instead of the dhal and another veggie dish)

Veg is absolutely fine with me. (I trust the place will have beer. One of the grandest things about Britain is the widespread availability of beer.)

Posted by Sparrow (# 2458) on :

OK with me too.

Beer is in the bar downstairs on the first floor, has to be taken upstairs to the second floor.

All sounds great! See everyone in the bar.

M.

Have a great time, all of you.

Posted by no prophet (# 15560) on :

Best wishes for a happy time. I enjoyed very much the April meeting there.

Enjoy yourselves - sorry I can't be there

I'm sorry I didn't make it - did it go well?

Yes, we had a great time, even with a bit of a mix up about the menu - nice to meet Brenda Clough and husband (not sure whether his name is public or not) Sparrow and Yangtze's friend - and to see those I know, of course! (Yangtze, Spike, Tina, Curiosity Killed and Curious Kitten - hope I haven't missed anyone).

I have photos, which I will try and put up when I have time.

M. and Macarius

© Ship of Fools 2016