Thread: Widdling down the plughole Board: Oblivion / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=027805

Posted by Albertus (# 13356) on :

A thread about suggestions that people save water by pissing in the shower has been booted out of heaven as being too revolting.
I imagine a lot of us have a 'yuk' reaction to the idea, and it's not as enjoyable a way of saving water as bathing with a friend, but is there anything actually necessarily wrong with the idea, assuming that you have a reasonably efficient shower and drain?

Posted by Amir Emrra (# 18100) on :

I do it all the time. Isn't it a standard bloke thing? It's no more unhygienic that the crud from washing fore and aft. I do try and aim straight for the plughole though - a bit of morning entertainment.

[ 10. October 2014, 20:56: Message edited by: Amir Emrra ]

Posted by Doublethink. (# 1984) on :

I think it is reasonably well known that a fair few people do this anyway. But in the interests of debate I shall post a poll.

Posted by no prophet's flag is set so... (# 15560) on :

It is common in Canada, when in the countryside, which means something far less settled with people than many other places, to pee outside. We are shortly to drive several hours to our cabin, and undoubtedly we shall see cars on the side of the road with someone peeing into the ditch. When the next town and facilities might be up to an hour away, you do what you have to do.

At the cabin, the toilet rules are as they are anywhere your pay for septic pump out of the sewage, "if it's yellow, let it mellow, if it's brown, flush it down". It's also common to ask if it is okay to flush toilet paper or if it is to be garbaged instead. In such a context, it is the most reasonable thing, to pee in the shower. One should also turn the shower off ar very much down to trickle whilst lathering up yourself.

I bought a shewee for camping purposes, so I tried to use it in the shower in order to have the technique down before using it in anger. But I found I was just too strongly conditioned not to pee standing.

[ 10. October 2014, 21:25: Message edited by: Doublethink. ]

quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink.:
I think it is reasonably well known that a fair few people do this anyway. But in the interests of debate I shall post a poll.

Currently, the majority of respondents regularly pee in the shower. Which suggests the go with the flow campaign maybe over estimating the potential water savings.

quote:
I bought a shewee for camping purposes, so I tried to use it in the shower in order to have the technique down before using it in anger. But I found I was just too strongly conditioned not to pee standing.

The women in my family (I am the only boy) don't use gadgets, including in winter.

This is not about peeing, peeing is included, and is a worthy book: How to Shit in the Woods. I have a copy and have given it also as a gift.

Posted by Martin PC not & Ship's Biohazard (# 368) on :

Seems like an increasing metaphor for life to me.

Posted by molopata (# 9933) on :

Peeing in the shower to save water? I think that is a rather dubious proposal. Probably you'll have people showering longer while they relieve themselves, and then squirting gallons of water on behind to make sure the piss has been adequately flushed.

I would want to see their calculations and assumptions before I even consider it.

Posted by Jon in the Nati (# 15849) on :

If I get in the shower, then have to pee, I'm more likely to just go in the shower than to get out of the shower, get all cold, drip water all over the bathroom and have the wife yell at me, and then have to get back in the shower. I once tried to pee from the shower into the toilet, but realized I don't have that kind of marksmanship.

I've never done it to save water.

PS, folks, if you've ever wondered about just how completely human and normal your priest or pastor is, you've just heard a priest talking about weeing in the shower. Mazel tov.

Posted by Martin PC not & Ship's Biohazard (# 368) on :

I'm more likely, at the weekend, to pee in a chipped old mug of London town kept outside, in the utility room, add water to taste, if not lime cordial, and feed it to Olive. She thrives on it. I've got olives!

Otherwise why would one WAIT to pee in the shower?

Posted by Palimpsest (# 16772) on :

In the next hour, reports on the shocking habits of bears in the woods.

Posted by RuthW (# 13) on :

quote:
Originally posted by molopata:
Peeing in the shower to save water? I think that is a rather dubious proposal. Probably you'll have people showering longer while they relieve themselves, and then squirting gallons of water on behind to make sure the piss has been adequately flushed.

I would want to see their calculations and assumptions before I even consider it.

My apartment has an old standard toilet that uses about 3.5 gallons of water per flush. I pee in the shower on weekday mornings, which adds up to a savings of about 910 gallons of water a year. For those of us without low-flow toilets, peeing in the shower is a good idea here in southern California, where we are going into what looks to be a fourth year of drought.

It doesn't lengthen my showers, and I don't worry about being clean, as urine is sterile when it leaves the body.

Posted by Boogie (# 13538) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Amir Emrra:
I do it all the time. Isn't it a standard bloke thing? It's no more unhygienic that the crud from washing fore and aft. I do try and aim straight for the plughole though - a bit of morning entertainment.

Even more entertaining if you are female. I have a good aim too [Smile]

Of course you don't need to flush the loo for every wee, so long as you leave the lid down.

"If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down" is the rule in our house.

Posted by anoesis (# 14189) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
quote:

Of course you don't need to flush the loo for every wee, so long as you leave the lid down.

"If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down" is the rule in our house.

Yes on the female, yes on the peeing in the shower, and yes on the toilet rule. I really don't see what the big deal is - but then I have small children and seem to be up to my elbows in bodily excreta of some kind or another much of the time, so perhaps I've become immune. Having said that, I was living in the UK during the ?first, or second, maybe? big brother series - the one in which Alex admitted to peeing in the shower and became the nation's pariah for a month or so - and I couldn't see what the big deal was then either...

If our poll is in any way representative, (big if), then over half the population already do this. I suspect anyone willing has already crossed this bridge.

Posted by Jack the Lass (# 3415) on :

I assume that the renewed interest in this as a topic is down to this news story.

Posted by Enoch (# 14322) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Jack the Lass:
I assume that the renewed interest in this as a topic is down to this news story.

It's the story that provoked my original thread that was evicted as being too distasteful for the Heaven Board.

Posted by Martin60 (# 368) on :

What, these kiddies think they're on to something new? Sigh.

Posted by Spike (# 36) on :

Martin.

On the name change thread in All Saints you have been asked to put your old name in your sig. Please do so.

Spike
SoF Admin

Posted by ChastMastr (# 716) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Albertus:
A thread about suggestions that people save water by pissing in the shower has been booted out of heaven as being too revolting.
I imagine a lot of us have a 'yuk' reaction to the idea, and it's not as enjoyable a way of saving water as bathing with a friend

Not, of course, that those need be mutually exclusive...

Posted by Dennis the Menace (# 11833) on :

I've been peeing in the shower since goodness knows when. I don't do it in communal situations such as beach change rooms or open shower at the beach or shared showers at work places etc. I don't do it to save water it seems to happen naturally!!

Posted by Jack o' the Green (# 11091) on :

I always pee in the shower. Well, not always. If I'm not having a shower at the time, I use the toilet. I don't just open the cubicle doors and try to hit the back wall. If you don't have a urinary tract infection, then urine is aseptic. It has some great antifungal properties. Athletes Foot? No problem. Just soak your feet in a bowel of fresh urine.

Posted by Ad Orientem (# 17574) on :

I've had a slash in the shower.

Are you Norman Bates perchance?

Posted by Kelly Alves (# 2522) on :

I was about to make a crack about Janet Leigh.

Posted by itsarumdo (# 18174) on :

yes - it just happens

and yes it is great for athlete's foot.

I honestly just don't get the people who are grossed out by it - they must do sex with rubber suits in to prevent contact with body fluids

Hmm, yes, that's why I wear them. For hygiene, um, yes, absolutely.

Oddly enough, the poll suggests more shippies piss in the shower than shag in it.

I imagine doing both may spoil the mood ...

Posted by deano (# 12063) on :

Sink, shower, window. Sometimes you just got to go.

Posted by deano (# 12063) on :

quote:
Originally posted by itsarumdo:
yes - it just happens

and yes it is great for athlete's foot.

I honestly just don't get the people who are grossed out by it - they must do sex with rubber suits in to prevent contact with body fluids

Depends on the fluids! Unless you like a Golden Shower...

I suppose my objection to the practice is:
a) urine is only sterile when it is fresh and I have some doubts to what extent urine splashes or fine spray end up on the shower stall and become breeding grounds for hideousness.
b) urine is *usually* sterile, but sometimes it is not and if you have a uti or ebola or whatever - being in this habit will not be helpful.

So, for example, if you do have athlete's foot and a minor uti - you don't want the uti bacteria getting into your feet through the broken skin between your toes.

[ 12. October 2014, 10:17: Message edited by: Doublethink. ]

Living alone, I guess I go with the dictum, "My shower, my rules."

quote:
I suppose my objection to the practice is:
a) urine is only sterile when it is fresh and I have some doubts to what extent urine splashes or fine spray end up on the shower stall and become breeding grounds for hideousness.
b) urine is *usually* sterile, but sometimes it is not and if you have a uti or ebola or whatever - being in this habit will not be helpful.

So, for example, if you do have athlete's foot and a minor uti - you don't want the uti bacteria getting into your feet through the broken skin between your toes.

from wiki ...
quote:
Due to the fact that urea in urine breaks down into ammonia, urine has been used for the cleaning properties of the ammonia therein. In pre-industrial times urine was used – in the form of lant or aged urine – as a cleaning fluid.[31] Urine was also used for whitening teeth in Ancient Rome.
no need to worry - and you can use it instead of toothpaste [Cool]

Of course, most UEA students will be in shared accommodation ...

I notice from your wiki link:

quote:
Urine is sterile until it reaches the urethra, where epithelial cells lining the urethra are colonized by facultatively anaerobic Gram negative rods and cocci. Current research suggests urine is not even sterile in the bladder. Regardless, subsequent to elimination from the body, urine can acquire strong odors due to bacterial action,[citation needed] and in particular the release of ammonia from the breakdown of urea.

quote:

from wiki ...
quote:
... Urine was also used for whitening teeth in Ancient Rome. ...

I'd rather not have heard that. [Waterworks]

A fair few people drink it for supposed health benefits, think its most common in China.

Now that's what I call taking the piss. Doubt they've managed to get enough people to do a double-blind random trial to test for efficacy though.

There's a whole naturopathic programme using urine - which was used when hospitals and modern medicine weren't available. It's pretty full-on - you have to drink every drop. I had a go at a lesser version (just a wineglass full of first flush in the morning) about 20 years ago, but didn't notice any effect.

And quite a few people wash using their own urine because it has a really beneficial effect on skin. I had a go for a while and then dropped it. It's a bit like the not washing hair thing (where you leave the natural oils to find their own balance by not using detergent - after about 3 weeks the hair normalises and looks good) - it works if you're well, and if you're not there is some kind of chemical reaction (maybe increased bacterial colonies on the skin) and it smells horribly.

Posted by Darllenwr (# 14520) on :

I have never been able to understand the logic of drinking one's own urine (if, indeed, there is any). For goodness' sake, urine is something the body chucks out as waste - you would think that should give people some kind of hint.

If you have chucked something out as waste, you hardly want to have it back, surely?

Homeopathic hogwash. The people who had the sad task of studying it concluded that whatever health benefits people thought they were deriving from the practice was simply the benefits of properly hydrating yourself. Urine drinking commonly means putting a drop or two of urine in a pint of water or so.

Commonly, I said. I know the fanatics about it don't dilute as much.

Posted by saysay (# 6645) on :

I was always told that drinking your urine was what you should do if you're stranded at sea with an inadequate non-saltwater drinking supply. And that it's the best immediate remedy for jellyfish bites.

I find the existence of sheewee and other products baffling. Surely everyone grew up in a place where the occasional drought made going outside and/or using a chamber pot necessary, no? That's part of what makes skirts and dresses so convenient - so much easier to squat and avoid a mess on your clothes.

Posted by Pigwidgeon (# 10192) on :

quote:
Originally posted by saysay:
Surely everyone grew up in a place where the occasional drought made going outside and/or using a chamber pot necessary, no?

No.

(Even living as I now do in the drought-stricken Arizona desert, it hasn't come to that.)

Nowadays they recommend against drinking urine if you are already dehydrated as it can fuck your kidneys at that point. The jellyfish thing is a myth.

quote:
Originally posted by Darllenwr:
I have never been able to understand the logic of drinking one's own urine (if, indeed, there is any). For goodness' sake, urine is something the body chucks out as waste - you would think that should give people some kind of hint.

If you have chucked something out as waste, you hardly want to have it back, surely?

[Overused]

Posted by mousethief (# 953) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Enoch:
quote:

[Overused]
Many species eat their own feces because proteins they need are produced in their colons. Not saying we fit into that august company, but rather that this statement does not take into account all the facts on the ground. Chucking something out as waste is not an indication that you shouldn't want it back.

Posted by Kaplan Corday (# 16119) on :

In Australia there is a grand tradition of male privilege and obligation to pee on lemon trees.

At church i am currently pushing a claim for alpha male on the basis of the extraordinary current crop on our lemon tree.

My friend challenged it with a truly enormous lemon which I later discovered he had not grown himself, an outrage I am thinking of taking up with the eldership.

Highly accurate plughole weeing is one thing, but a bit constricting.

To really free your spirit you need to compete in length and height of the stream.

Posted by mousethief (# 953) on :

Can't say why I'm reminded of this song.

Posted by Kaplan Corday (# 16119) on :

Nah, no killin', just peein'.

Posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider (# 76) on :

An old friend of mine used to say disparagingly of someone "she's the sort of person who gets out of the shower to pee."

quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
quote:
quote:

[Overused]
Many species eat their own feces because proteins they need are produced in their colons. Not saying we fit into that august company, but rather that this statement does not take into account all the facts on the ground. Chucking something out as waste is not an indication that you shouldn't want it back.
Urine may well contain water soluble vitamins e.g. Vit C which the body couldn't use the first time around. As for feces, they are choc-a-block full of harmful bacteria from the word go. Their offensive smell is probably a warning not to re-absorb them back into our systems. Humans who do are probably doing it for fetishistic reasons.

quote:
Originally posted by Jack o' the Green:
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
quote:
quote:

Yes - water soluble vitamins - useful.

quote:

quote:

quote:

[Overused]
Urine may well contain water soluble vitamins e.g. Vit C which the body couldn't use the first time around. As for feces, they are choc-a-block full of harmful bacteria from the word go. Their offensive smell is probably a warning not to re-absorb them back into our systems. Humans who do are probably doing it for fetishistic reasons.
I guess this is why fecal matter is now being used as a medical treatment for gut problems

Just to clear up what is clearly a misapprehension, my comments were written based upon my background as a Biochemist.

Yes, faecal components are used to treat certain gut conditions but, as is often the case, the devil is in the detail - note the word "components" - consuming your own faeces whole is, to put it mildly, an unhealthy pastime.

Ditto, urine.

Yes - reminding me of the joke about life being a turd sandwich...

Babies usually receive a fecal innoculation during the birth process - which is one reason why the head normally faces backwards as they emerge. Like a yogurt starter colony for the gut. Personally I would have to be very hard pressed to try out either of these. But with there being maybe 10,000 species of bacteria in the ecosystem of the gut, most of them neutral or beneficial rather than pathogenic (at least when in ecological balance), it's a field of health that needs a a whole lead more investigation than it has received so far. It will take years to adequately map healthy gut bacterial balances before we really know how to deliberately introduce specific strains for a specific effect. So throwing in a handful of bacteria from a healthy digestive system (like a dog or a baby would receive it) is still the best option.

see BBC story

Posted by rolyn (# 16840) on :

quote:
quote:

Nice one Boogie, considering we're talking firing from the hip as opposed to aiming a rifle.
Thought I might also point out how how it's funny we've got a fellow here who can hit a 2 inch diameter target at toe-level, whereas many a male can't seem to master a much larger one at knee-level.

Posted by Anselmina (# 3032) on :

Don't see the problem with having a wee in the shower. Besides. When you get to a certain age leakage can become an occasional way of life. If your bladder unexpectedly gets a little active when you're standing inside a water-proof cubicle with a constant stream of water flushing the used shower-water down to the sewer system it's not exactly a problem. And if the incontinent need not feel guilty with an extra splash here and there, why should anyone else?

quote:
Originally posted by rolyn:
quote:
quote:

Nice one Boogie, considering we're talking firing from the hip as opposed to aiming a rifle.
Thought I might also point out how how it's funny we've got a fellow here who can hit a 2 inch diameter target at toe-level, whereas many a male can't seem to master a much larger one at knee-level.

The shower is the practice for the real thing later in the day.

I think this thread should be merged with the one in Heaven on cursive script.

Posted by LeRoc (# 3216) on :

quote:
itsarumdo: I think this thread should be merged with the one in Heaven on cursive script.
That is funny.

Posted by Matt Black (# 2210) on :

I pee in the shower every morning. It kills at least two birds with one stone.

Posted by Baptist Trainfan (# 15128) on :

We don't have any birds in our shower. However, when we lived in West Africa, a frog took up residence; he ate the mosquitoes so we were pleased, although one did have a strange feel of being "looked at" whilst bathing!

I'm reminded of our toilet frog in Guyana. Flush then pee, and then hurry to go to sleep again before he swam up the pipe and started singing again. With manual flushing with a bucket, it was rather annoying. I don't recall anyone every claiming to have 'bombed' him. I liked the kitchen chameleon better.

Posted by Tree Bee (# 4033) on :

quote:
Originally posted by no prophet's flag is set so...:
I'm reminded of our toilet frog in Guyana. Flush then pee, and then hurry to go to sleep again before he swam up the pipe and started singing again. With manual flushing with a bucket, it was rather annoying. I don't recall anyone every claiming to have 'bombed' him. I liked the kitchen chameleon better.

Ah, this gave me my first laugh of the day, thank you!
[Killing me]

quote:
Originally posted by Matt Black:
I pee in the shower every morning. It kills at least two birds with one stone.

Oh dear. Have you seen a doctor?

PS: Since I'd just posted on another thread...

The board administrator has enabled flood protection for this function.

[Killing me]

Well played, system platform, well played. [Big Grin]

An unscientific poll says:
quote:

Poll results: Do you already Go With The Flow ? (93 votes.)

Do you regularly pee in the shower ?

Yes 54% (50)
No 46% (43)

Do you regularly pee in the bath ?

Yes 9% (8)
No 91% (85)

Do you regularly pee in the sink ?

Yes 6% (6)
No 94% (87)

Do you regularly have sex in the bath and/or shower ?

Yes 12% (11)
No 88% (82)

Do you ever defecate in any equipment/appliance not designed for this ?

Yes 5% (5)
No 95% (88)

Most exotic elaboration of the last question is, in a climbing helmet. Anyone acknowledging unconventional defecation tends to be referring to wilderness methods.

that must have been somebody else's climbing helmet...

quote:
that must have been somebody else's climbing helmet...

Certainly after that it wouldn't be mine! [Projectile]

Re cursive: In Canada when peeing in the snow, it is common to try to write your name or something potty in the snow, in cursive. I probably even have photos somewhere....

I do have a photo where the sun is setting in the background so that outlines only are seen, and from the other canoe, the boy scout in the front is clearly peeing in the lake while the one in the back is dipping his cup in the water. (we do generally drink straight from the lakes in the north)

Caesar adsum jam forte.
Pompey ad erat.
Caesar sic in omnibus.
Pompey sic in at.

Posted by Uncle Pete (# 10422) on :

quote:
Caesar adsum jam forte.
Pompey ad erat.
Caesar sic in omnibus.
Pompey sic in at.

And thus a ridiculous topic descends into my favourite bit of pseudo-Latin. I remember when the TLS published a letter with this and a Latinist colleague tried to make sense of it while the rest of us roared with laughter.

[Killing me]

Posted by Gracious rebel (# 3523) on :

Continuing the pseudo-Latin tangent, I give you

Lux omo domestos brobat

Posted by Eutychus (# 3081) on :

hosting/

That looks like a Heavenly tangent to me...

/hosting

Posted by leo (# 1458) on :

quote:
Originally posted by no prophet's flag is set so...:
Re cursive: In Canada when peeing in the snow, it is common to try to write your name or something potty in the snow, in cursive.

I used to enjoy doing that when coming back from the pub with a full bladder but we don't get enough snow in England. Plus if you include your surname, someone's going to report you to the police.

Posted by Anselmina (# 3032) on :

One thing I shall never be able to do: pee my name in the snow (well, not with any legible accuracy).

One thing I would like to have: a toilet frog of my very own.

Thank you, SoF. Where else could we have such an interesting wide-ranging debate on - well, weird stuff?!

Ah but with a shewee with a cold weather tube - it could happen ...

[ 17. October 2014, 18:19: Message edited by: Doublethink. ]

Precisely why I couldn't say, but I am reminded of a joke, the punchline to which ran - "It's in my daughter's handwriting..."

quote:
Originally posted by leo:
I used to enjoy doing that when coming back from the pub with a full bladder but we don't get enough snow in England. Plus if you include your surname, someone's going to report you to the police.

You could always call yourself Nigel Farage for the evening.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by leo:

You could always call yourself Nigel Farage for the evening.
And add 'fraud' to 'indecent exposure' to the charge.

I was driving up to Carlisle last night and got caught in a traffic jam in the outside lane of the M6 due to an accident. I ended up being desperate for a widdle and unable to hold it in any longer. I wasn't overly keen on stepping out and going next to my car - especially as the police were walking up and down and I might risk being done for indecent exposure. Not having a bottle, I ended up widdling into my hat while sat in my car and then tipping it out of my window. I wasn't entirely successful in maintaining complete dryness within the car and crotch area, but the feeling of relief was amazing.

Posted by Pine Marten (# 11068) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Anselmina:
Don't see the problem with having a wee in the shower. Besides. When you get to a certain age leakage can become an occasional way of life. If your bladder unexpectedly gets a little active when you're standing inside a water-proof cubicle with a constant stream of water flushing the used shower-water down to the sewer system it's not exactly a problem. And if the incontinent need not feel guilty with an extra splash here and there, why should anyone else?

Yes. I have reached a certain - ahem - age, and quite agree.

I have seen our old cat Louis (now sadly gone through the great cat-flap in the sky) peeing down the plughole in the bath. And once or twice I caught him balancing on the toilet bowl, peeing down the toilet.

[possible tangent]
What puzzles me is, when the weather's warm and the garden door's open, and the cats wander in and out...why do they come back in the house, do a dump in the litter tray, and then bog off out into the garden again? Dear little creatures [Biased] [/possible tangent]

quote:
Not having a bottle, I ended up widdling into my hat while sat in my car and then tipping it out of my window.

Bleugh!

What have you done with the hat?

quote:
I was driving up to Carlisle last night and got caught in a traffic jam in the outside lane of the M6 due to an accident. I ended up being desperate for a widdle and unable to hold it in any longer. I wasn't overly keen on stepping out and going next to my car - especially as the police were walking up and down and I might risk being done for indecent exposure. Not having a bottle, I ended up widdling into my hat while sat in my car and then tipping it out of my window. I wasn't entirely successful in maintaining complete dryness within the car and crotch area, but the feeling of relief was amazing.

(Semi-serious mode) And if anything we have said here lead you to accomodating your personal health and comfort over some societally imposed squick factor, this thread has justified its existence.

That was a pragmatic, resourceful, and creative solution. Just curious --1. What kind of hat? 2. Was it worth washing it later, or did you just toss the hat later?

quote:
quote:
Not having a bottle, I ended up widdling into my hat while sat in my car and then tipping it out of my window.

Bleugh!

What have you done with the hat?

I washed it. Far too good to waste.

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
(Semi-serious mode) And if anything we have said here lead you to accomodating your personal health and comfort over some societally imposed squick factor, this thread has justified its existence.

That was a pragmatic, resourceful, and creative solution. Just curious --1. What kind of hat? 2. Was it worth washing it later, or did you just toss the hat later?

It was a very nice cloth, wide brimmed hat Kelly.

It was touch and go if the cloth would hold the liquid and if its capacity was sufficient. It worked out remarkably well in the end.

You clearly need an emergency pack of these in your glovebox.

( eyes object warily.)
The ad says "unisex." Is there an adaptor for the ladies, or do you just sort of , uh, make it conform to your labia?

[ 18. October 2014, 18:39: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

I believe so.

Sounds like a colossal mess waiting to happen. But then again, I have ten thumbs.

quote:
( eyes object warily.)
The ad says "unisex." Is there an adaptor for the ladies, or do you just sort of , uh, make it conform to your labia?

Rather like the shewee I imagine- and the wee turns to gel, what fun!

There is an urban legend that going back to the days of horses and carts, a man is entitled to pee against one of the wheels of the cart. I think it's the front nearside. It must be one where he is within reach of the reins while doing it. I don't know whether anyone has ever tested whether this transposes to a car. If I'd been in a traffic jam, I think I'd have been tempted to try it on the basis 'are you really going to challenge me?'

Incidentally, If this is true, equality legislation should mean that this remedy is open to women as well.

quote:
quote:

what kind of hat? It must a) be relatively waterproof, and b) not have those little vent holes in the side, and c) either your bladder is smaller than mine when full, or this is not far off a ten gallon hat. Which also raises questions as to why a 10 gallon hat is so called in the first place.

Birettas are quite capacious.

I feel sorry for the toilet frog. What an unpleasant place to live!

Posted by rolyn (# 16840) on :

< boring fact alert >

Discounting Shipwrecks, more sailors have been lost at sea peeing over the side than by any other activity.

Posted by Theophania (# 16647) on :

quote:
what kind of hat? It must a) be relatively waterproof, and b) not have those little vent holes in the side, and c) either your bladder is smaller than mine when full, or this is not far off a ten gallon hat. Which also raises questions as to why a 10 gallon hat is so called in the first place.

I have heard rumours that pregnant women are allowed to borrow policemen's helmets when there's no nearby public convenience. Is this why there are fewer policemen on the street?

Posted by Pigwidgeon (# 10192) on :

If you're going to pee in the shower, at least choose one of these.

quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:

Every one probably cost more than my house - in fact, I'd be happy living in some of those showers

Posted by iamchristianhearmeroar (# 15483) on :

I never used to piss in the shower because I thought my wife wouldn't like it. When I found out that she had happily been doing it since we moved into our flat together...well, I saw nothing to stop me from joining in (not at the same time you understand).

As to drinking urine, one reason I've heard for doing so is if you've consumed hallucinogenic mushrooms and want to get high again. The metabolites expelled in urine are actually more potent than the originals, so you in theory get even higher. I hasten to add that I do not speak from experience here.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:

Every one probably cost more than my house - in fact, I'd be happy living in some of those showers
The water on your skin is no more pleasant and cleansing in one of those showers than in yours at home - just shut your eyes and enjoy it!

quote:
Originally posted by iamchristianhearmeroar:

As to drinking urine, one reason I've heard for doing so is if you've consumed hallucinogenic mushrooms and want to get high again. The metabolites expelled in urine are actually more potent than the originals, so you in theory get even higher. I hasten to add that I do not speak from experience here.

See, now? At least that's sensible.

Still unhealthy ...

Well, neither is doing Shrooms. At least I understand the arrangement of priorities in that situation.

Oh I did mean either possibility [Big Grin]

Actually, I don't know that "doing shrooms"--in the right context with the right approach (I'm thinking mainly in terms of a vision quest)--is a bad thing. I have not thus far done them myself.

What are shrooms please? Is this an expression I've not heard for the more solid form of bodily evacuation? If so, please not in a shower I might have cause to use after you.

quote:
What are shrooms please? Is this an expression I've not heard for the more solid form of bodily evacuation? If so, please not in a shower I might have cause to use after you.

MUshrooms - clear ly a cultural generation thing

You young folk haven't lived.

Posted by Dark Knight (# 9415) on :

Every time I see this thread title, I think of this song.
And RIP to the great Jack Bruce, the most innovative rock bassist ever, and a damn good lead singer (though perhaps this song is not his best work). [Votive]

© Ship of Fools 2016