Thread: Hosts & Admins (Gifts of) Appreciation Thread 2014 Board: Oblivion / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=027972

Posted by ecumaniac (# 376) on :

These boards run smoothly thanks to the voluntary efforts of a relatively small group of people. These people don’t get paid for their work, but every so often there is a thread which tries to organise shipmates into sending a sign of their appreciation to the hosts on behalf of all shipmates. Traditionally that was chocolate but in this there is no reason to be traditional!

We generally aim to keep to the same limits as the Secret Santa / Paschal Penguin threads - so we advise not spending more than £5.00 [UK money] or local equivalent. (Also bear in mind posting costs - you can save a lot if posting abroad by internet ordering from a business based in the destination country.)

Hosts and Admins please opt in by posting on this thread, state if you are willing or not to receive from multiple people, and add any important info, eg allergy to chocolate or nuts etc + plus what country you are in. This thread is for the public board's crew who have been serving over the past year, but if you are on a private board there is nothing to stop you organising a treat for your host on that board!

H&As, due date for opting in is 1st July please.

Shipmates if you would like to volunteer to send a little something to a Host/Admin, please opt in by posting on this thread. Please say if you are able to send to a different country - and give an idea where you are based. I am sorry, but you can't specify a specific person to send to.

I would be particularly grateful if one or two shipmates would offer to be reserve senders to cover for sender shipmates where real life intervenes and they can't send something.

Shipmates, due date for opting in is 1st July please.

Allocation and time-line

There is no guarantee I will be able to allocate a recipient to you but I will do my best.

I will pm the recipients with their suggested sender (as they need to be happy revealing their address) and post a list on the thread.

All senders, please pm their recipient, asking for address etc.

Shipmates, please post here when your parcel has been sent
H&As, please post when you have received your parcel.

If anyone has issues sending their parcel, please don't hesitate to let me know! Real life does get in the way sometimes.

The thread should be finished by September.

Posted by Alan Cresswell (# 31) on :

May I be the first to say Yay! [Yipee]

Only slight problem would be that come September goodies would need to be sent to Japan* and I don't think we have any Shipmates there.

* assuming current negotiations on new job sort themselves out for proposed start date.

Posted by Japes (# 5358) on :

I'm in!

Will send anywhere. [Smile]

Posted by The Weeder (# 11321) on :

I am in! And am happy to post anywhere.

Posted by Gwai (# 11076) on :

I would very much appreciate chocolate (love dark) and in fact promise never to say no to chocolate. Though since my daughter is allergic to peanuts, chocolate without peanuts would be appreciated.

[ 16. June 2014, 19:33: Message edited by: Gwai ]

Posted by FooloftheShip (# 15579) on :

I had banned myself from doing this kind of thing but I'm in. I will not try the patience of a host or admin........

Posted by Cottontail (# 12234) on :

I am happy to send anything anywhere ... even Japan!

Posted by Smudgie (# 2716) on :

I am willing to provide a good home for some random chocolate, especially milk or white chocolate (but no nuts or coconut please!).

Alan, if you're worried about the safety of your chocolate while you're away, you could always have it sent to my address and I will.. er... look after it for you.

Posted by cheesymarzipan (# 9442) on :

I'm in. I'm in Ireland but I'll send anywhere

Um, if people without geographic locations in their profile would pm me with your country of residence please!I will try to minimise the air miles of the chocolate!

Posted by Qoheleth. (# 9265) on :

Happy to post anything to anybody anywhere [Big Grin]

Posted by Moo (# 107) on :

I would be a happy recipient, happy also to receive from more than one person.

I like chocolate very much, but I'm afraid it might melt in the heat. In the past various shippies have sent me things that are made in or represent the area where they live. I love these, because they give me a glimpses of different places.

Moo

Posted by Doublethink (# 1984) on :

Ooh, yes please, I am a UK based lover of milk and white chocolate.

Posted by Mamacita (# 3659) on :

Delighted to receive any and all forms of chocolate. [Big Grin]

(Location is US)

[ 17. June 2014, 00:34: Message edited by: Mamacita ]

Posted by John Holding (# 158) on :

As it is more blessed to give than to receive, I am happy to be the cause of many blessings for others.

John

Posted by Surfing Madness (# 11087) on :

I'm in, happy to send anywhere.

Posted by Zappa (# 8433) on :

as one untimely born and the least worthy of all I shall compensate by great willingness to receive all offerings ...

Posted by North East Quine (# 13049) on :

I'm in. Willing to send anywhere.

Posted by Kelly Alves (# 2522) on :

Chocofy me.

Posted by Curiosity killed ... (# 11770) on :

I'm in - willing to send anywhere (UK based, in case you've forgotten)

Posted by Barnabas62 (# 9110) on :

I've been very grateful for all previous gifts and am happy to be a consumer again, of whatever takes the fancy of any giver.

Posted by ElaineC (# 12244) on :

I'll send anywhere.

Posted by dj_ordinaire (# 4643) on :

If anyone was happy to send to Ireland, I'd be happy to receive anything tasty!

Posted by Erroneous Monk (# 10858) on :

Happy to send anywhere

Posted by Eutychus (# 3081) on :

Did someone mention good old English Cadbury's caramel? [Axe murder]

Posted by jedijudy (# 333) on :

[Big Grin] A Floridian happy to receive any blessing of dark chocolate or other gift.

Posted by piglet (# 11803) on :

As a relatively new Host, I hadn't considered that it might involve the receipt of CHOCOLATE.

I'm in Canada and I prefer milk chocolate (sorry about that). [Hot and Hormonal]

Posted by Pigwidgeon (# 10192) on :

I would be happy to send something anywhere, but... I live in Arizona, so chocolate cannot be sent in the summer.

Posted by Tubbs (# 440) on :

I would be happy to receive chocolate or things that are made in or represent the area where the sendee lives.

I don't like very dark chocolate, am allergic to oranges, mushrooms and blue cheese and live in the UK.

Thank you so much for organising this.

Tubbs

Posted by mousethief (# 953) on :

I have no one particular host I would want to reward specifically, and I can't afford to send chocolate to all, so I must just say, "Thank you" to all of you for keeping the ol' barge upright and sailing. Even the ones who slap my wrists -- 99-44/100% of the time I deserve it well, and the other 36/100% of the time I deserve it mostly.

If any of you are in the Tacoma area, drop me a line and I'll by you a round of your favorite poison. Except Kelly.

Just kidding! [Smile]

Posted by Edith (# 16978) on :

I'll send in the UK

Posted by Mrs Shrew (# 8635) on :

I'm incredibly grateful for all the hard work which the Hosts and Admins put into keeping the Ship floating and running so smoothly. Thank you all!

I'll happily post to anywhere, and I'm happy to be a reserve sender if that is useful.
I'm based in the UK. Real life is hectic as anything till end of June but by July should be pretty calm.

quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
I have no one particular host I would want to reward specifically, and I can't afford to send chocolate to all, so I must just say, "Thank you" to all of you for keeping the ol' barge upright and sailing. Even the ones who slap my wrists -- 99-44/100% of the time I deserve it well, and the other 36/100% of the time I deserve it mostly.

If any of you are in the Tacoma area, drop me a line and I'll by you a round of your favorite poison. Except Kelly.

Just kidding! [Smile]

Sorry, I have a touch of the literal-mindedness.

Are you in, Mousethief?

Posted by Ariston (# 10894) on :

quote:
Even the ones who slap my wrists -- 99-44/100% of the time I deserve it well, and the other 36/100% of the time I deserve it mostly.

Question is, though, do you float?

As for chocolate, FEED ME, SEYMOUR! Local is good, white isn't chocolate.

Posted by Huia (# 3473) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
white isn't chocolate.

I do so agree.

I'm in.

Huia

quote:
Originally posted by ecumaniac:
Sorry, I have a touch of the literal-mindedness.

Are you in, Mousethief?

Am I in what?

Sorry, touch of the literal mindedness there.

Of course I'm in, but I'm considering saying I'll only send white. [Two face]

[ 18. June 2014, 06:50: Message edited by: mousethief ]

quote:
... Of course I'm in, but I'm considering saying I'll only send white. [Two face]

That'll do nicely, MT. [Hot and Hormonal]

Posted by Marvin the Martian (# 4360) on :

YEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

Marvin does the Happy Dance of Chocolate Acceptance

Bless you, ecumaniac.

I'm UK based, but happy to receive from anywhere [Biased] . Any form of chocolate is acceptable, excepting those forms that contain nuts - any form of nuts, including coconut. Do not send me nuts, lest I treat it as an assassination attempt and delete your account in retaliation.

I am also willing to accept offerings of fine wines or cheeses, should my allocated sender live in a place that is particularly noted for such.

Posted by comet (# 10353) on :

I'll send! even to Japan! hell, it's just right over there anyway... [Biased]

quote:
Originally posted by Tubbs:
I don't like very dark chocolate, am allergic to oranges, mushrooms and blue cheese

I'm going to have to go find mushroom blue cheese chocolate. surely someone's done it. [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by comet:

So is it near Seduction or near Peril?

quote:
I'm going to have to go find mushroom blue cheese chocolate. surely someone's done it. [Big Grin]
Try the folks at Hotel Chocolate. They have all sorts of weird flavour combinations. My housemates once bought the Heston Blumenthal chocs. It's the only time I've ever seen them throw chocolate away [Eek!]

quote:
Um, if people without geographic locations in their profile would pm me with your country of residence please!I will try to minimise the air miles of the chocolate!

I'm in Scotland.

[ 18. June 2014, 22:25: Message edited by: Cottontail ]

Posted by Nenuphar (# 16057) on :

I'll send anywhere, but the UK is nearest!

Posted by Deputy Verger (# 15876) on :

I'll send anywhere. If you're in Arizona and the chocolate melts, cook with it!

quote:
quote:

So is it near Seduction or near Peril?
Considering Alan's particular area of professional interest, I'm guessing it's closer to Peril.

... actually, geographically speaking, Peril Strait is relatively closer to Japan than Seduction Point. though not by much.

(I'm in Alaska, FYI.)

quote:
... mushroom blue cheese chocolate ...
quote:
... Heston Blumenthal chocs ...

As soon as I read Comet's post, I thought, "that's something Heston Blumenthal would do." [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
quote:
... Of course I'm in, but I'm considering saying I'll only send white. [Two face]

That'll do nicely, MT. [Hot and Hormonal]
For my part, MT, I will keep your pub-mate sensitivities in mind.

[Biased] [Yipee] [Snigger] [Killing me]

[ 19. June 2014, 03:15: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

quote:

South of Vancouver, BC; north of Portland, OR; west of Coeur d'Alene, ID.

Any more for any more?

Latecomers will only be admitted at a suitable break in the performance.

Posted by Oscar the Grouch (# 1916) on :

Just come across this.

OK - I can send something - preferably to someone in the land of the Maple Leaf, but would be OK with anywhere in North America.

Posted by Earwig (# 12057) on :

I'm happy to send anything, anywhere. [Smile] I am in the UK.

[ 26. June 2014, 09:45: Message edited by: Earwig ]

Posted by Ariel (# 58) on :

quote:
I don't like very dark chocolate, am allergic to oranges, mushrooms and blue cheese and live in the UK.

We could do a deal – these are some of my favourite things! I love dark chocolate, oranges, mushrooms and blue cheese and also live in the UK.

Orange flavour, mint, ginger or marzipan chocolate are my favourites; toffee, caramel and hazelnut, and white chocolate, least favourites. Though if anyone is feeling kind and generous enough to send me anything, whatever's sent will be gratefully received.

Thank-you to ecumaniac for organizing this!

Posted by Alwyn (# 4380) on :

I'm in (for UK based sending of chocolate).

[tangent]
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
Marvin does the Happy Dance of Chocolate Acceptance

Is that like the dance of joy in the TV series Angel, when Our Heroes visit Pylea?

Posted by Ye Olde Motherboarde (# 54) on :

Would anyone like some yummy Chile Chocolate from Santa Fe?

Just PM me.

(I prefer Green and Black's Maya Gold chocolate if anyone would like to send to a hungry Motherboard) [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
quote:

We could do a deal – these are some of my favourite things! I love dark chocolate, oranges, mushrooms and blue cheese and also live in the UK.

Orange flavour, mint, ginger or marzipan chocolate are my favourites; toffee, caramel and hazelnut, and white chocolate, least favourites. Though if anyone is feeling kind and generous enough to send me anything, whatever's sent will be gratefully received.

Thank-you to ecumaniac for organizing this!

We are indeed taste opposites!!! I love white chocolate, toffee, caramel and hazelnut as well as mint, ginger and marzipan!!!

Tubbs

All of the above except the marzipan, but Ariel's least favorites are my most favorites. Haven't had candied ginger in a while, though...

Posted by Moo (# 107) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Haven't had candied ginger in a while, though...

There is a store about thirty miles from me that has dark chocolate covered candied ginger. It's to die for.

Moo

Ohhh, that sounds righteous.

quote:

quote:
I don't like very dark chocolate, am allergic to oranges, mushrooms and blue cheese

You still qualify as a recipient, too, remember.

And every time I see that post, I crave blue cheese-- sorry, Tubbs.

quote:

do I? Ecu, can I do both?

Why not? [Big Grin]

Posted by Jengie Jon (# 273) on :

We have had people doing both before.

Jengie

quote:
We are indeed taste opposites!!! I love white chocolate, toffee, caramel and hazelnut as well as mint, ginger and marzipan!!!

And I bet you probably like Green & Blacks, which I don't, right...?

quote:
quote:

do I? Ecu, can I do both?
Of course! My spreadsheet of glory can handle it.

Just need to make sure you aren't sending to yourself.....

Posted by Oscar the Grouch (# 1916) on :

quote:

Why not? It would save on the food miles!

Posted by mertide (# 4500) on :

Coming late to the party, but I'd be glad to send anywhere, from Australia

quote:
Originally posted by Oscar the Grouch:
quote:

Why not? It would save on the food miles!
Ah there's no fun in that!

Posted by Patdys (# 9397) on :

May I play miss?

quote:

yay!

wait... does this mean I'm not allowed to buy myself treats? [Paranoid]

Posted by orfeo (# 13878) on :

This Aussie host would like to set an interesting and shocking challenge by saying... something other than chocolate please.

Not because I have anything particularly against chocolate (I got some very nice ones last year), but because I think it would be cool to see what else might be thought of. Other foodstuffs are welcome (I don't have any allergies and a pretty flexible palate), as are non-food items.

[ 28. June 2014, 10:57: Message edited by: orfeo ]

Bump!

Any more?

Posted by Meg the Red (# 11838) on :

Yup - delighted to send anywhere from Canada.

*ever-so-slightly-self-serving bump*

Thank you, Marv.

Sorry folks, have been distracted by Real Life Stuff, but PMs are going out to H&A's today!

Ariston

Your PM box is full!!

OK - all the H&As have been messaged (apart from Ariston) so if you haven't received a PM and are expecting to be in it, please let me know!!

Ah! Okay, sorted that one out. There's room!

Posted by The Weeder (# 11321) on :

I have posted today!

OK, all the senders (apart from Ariston's, sorry) have now been sent a PM with details.

Last call for any hosts/admins who missed out on signing up... don't be shy now!

This morning I received a little packet with two delicious bars of dark chocolate – a particular thanks for the ginger and orange, I hadn't realized you could get both flavours in one bar. This really is the best of both worlds! Thank you also for the lovely little book – I've no idea where you found that, but it's most appropriate! I'm delighted to have something almost a century old, and am enjoying dipping into it.

I've put the Hobbit postcard up on my wall, and shall think kindly of Earwigs from now on. Thank you again for your kind thoughtfulness, and for brightening up my Monday morning.

[Big Grin]

Posted by Earwig (# 12057) on :

Glad you liked it all! I saw the chocolate and KNEW you had to have it. [Big Grin]

I haven't yet received a reply (address etc) from Smudgie. I messaged her a week ago, but she's not posted on the boards since. Does anyone know if she's around?

I have address now, all is fine

Posted by jacobsen (# 14998) on :

I'm UK based and will send anywhere.

Posted by North East Quine (# 13049) on :

I don't seem to have anyone to send to.

quote:
Originally posted by North East Quine:
I don't seem to have anyone to send to.

You do now!

quote:
Originally posted by jacobsen:
I'm UK based and will send anywhere.

Thanks, can I keep you as a reserve in case any of the other senders can't make it for whatever reason?

Posted by Surfing Madness (# 11087) on :

I have posted :-)

I signed up early but don't seem to have a pm. Does that mean I'm not required to send?

I've got you down as a reserve, Mrs Shrew

Posted by John Holding (# 158) on :

I'm happy to report the arrival of delicious chocolate treats from Oscar the Grouch -- two days from sending to arriving rather more than half-way across the country is a lot more than I expected.

Many thanks,

John

Posted by Edith (# 16978) on :

Posted today

Posted by Qoheleth. (# 9265) on :

Posted today! But the package has a long way to travel.

Posted by Doublethink (# 1984) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Edith:
Posted today

Thankyou so much [Smile] . I am afraid I indulged in the sin of gluttony and wolfed down half the milka for breakfast !

Marvin,

Your chocolate will be on its way soon. No nuts. At the moment, no chocolate either. But that will change.

And I'll save the nuts for the boards where it belongs.

(really just saying I haven't forgotten you)

Posted by Gwai (# 11076) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Surfing Madness:
I have posted :-)

And lovely tablet--that I haven't eaten yet, but have been curious about for years since reading about on the ship--and a giant chocolate bar have arrived. Thank you!!

Cadbury's Caramel Chocolate consigned to Continental carrier

(posted today)

quote:
Originally posted by Patdys:
Marvin,

Your chocolate will be on its way soon. No nuts. At the moment, no chocolate either. But that will change.

And I'll save the nuts for the boards where it belongs.

(really just saying I haven't forgotten you)

Jolly good :-)

Nut free local produce and posted.

[Big Grin]

Five bars of assorted fair trade chocolate arrived in the mail yesterday-- thank you, Weeder! Once I get over my cold I can properly taste it. [Big Grin]

Posted by ElaineC (# 12244) on :

Will be posting later today.

Posted by Eutychus (# 3081) on :

Oh bliss! A consignment of Cadbury's Caramel!

It looks like it might have melted and reassembled itself several times during transit, but I'm sure the taste will be unaffected. Thank you CK!

A card informing me that a package containing chocolatey and fruity goodness had arrived at my local Royal Mail Sorting Depot arrived at my office today. One journey to said depot later, and I am a Very Happy Marvin.

Patdys, you rock very much [Big Grin] . Let me know if there's anyone you'd quite like to see banned... [Biased]

quote:
Originally posted by Eutychus:
Oh bliss! A consignment of Cadbury's Caramel!

It looks like it might have melted and reassembled itself several times during transit, but I'm sure the taste will be unaffected. Thank you CK!

I did try not to melt it! I kept it in the fridge and waited until the weather cooled before posting.

Posted by Deputy Verger (# 15876) on :

I haven't seen a PM so I assume I'm a reserve too, which is fine. Just let me know if I'm delinquent please.

quote:
Originally posted by Qoheleth.:
Posted today! But the package has a long way to travel.

You lovely generous creature!

And somehow you knew that chile choc makes me weak in the knees! Now if I canjust keep it away from co workers and kids...

The postcards are lovely, is that your church?

Smoooooooooooch! Thank you!

quote:
Originally posted by Deputy Verger:
I haven't seen a PM so I assume I'm a reserve too, which is fine. Just let me know if I'm delinquent please.

Yes you are, sorry

Posted by Barnabas62 (# 9110) on :

A public thank you to Alwyn; all arrived in good shape and much appreciated. Mrs B and I are both "fruit and nutcases"! The gift may have some short term impact on our good shape, I suppose, but well worth it!

Thanks for the earworm, B62! [Big Grin]

Sorry for the double-post, but I must say a huge public thank-you to ElaineC for the lunch-bag with cooler pads and the almost indecent amount of Galaxy CHOCOLATE that arrived in the post today.

I've put most of it away in a vague attempt at hiding it from myself, but I'm not sure that's going to work ... [Big Grin]

Thank you! [Yipee]

I'm hoping to get my parcel in the post at the weekend. Real life shall not defeat me, despite its efforts

quote:
Originally posted by Mrs Shrew:
I'm hoping to get my parcel in the post at the weekend. Real life shall not defeat me, despite its efforts

[Yipee]

Almost time to haunt the mailbox!

Commence haunting of mailbox. I'm so so sorry it took this long to get it sorted. August has been a terrible month in the Shrew household

Finally I've got my parcel posted. Sorry it's taken so long to post

Happy happy penguin dance [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Cheezymarzipan, thank you so much. Milk chocolate, white chocolate, fudge and, best of all, my very own little crochet penguin.... and the chocolate arrives while the Smudgelet is away so I get to eat it all by myself [Big Grin]

Thank you!

Oh, My! My, my, my! The haunting of the mailbox has been rewarded with amazing treats from Mrs Shrew! Thank you, thank you for the Earl Grey and Date and Ginger Chocolate!

I am being good and planning to share them with my BBF tomorrow when she comes over for my famous black bean soup. She won't be expecting cocoa beans made into an awesome treat!

(I can smell them!!!! Anticipation! I'm being good, I am!)

Chocolate is worth extra exclamation marks, just in case you were wondering! [Biased]

quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
Oh, My! My, my, my! The haunting of the mailbox has been rewarded with amazing treats from Mrs Shrew! Thank you, thank you for the Earl Grey and Date and Ginger Chocolate!

I am being good and planning to share them with my BBF tomorrow when she comes over for my famous black bean soup. She won't be expecting cocoa beans made into an awesome treat!

(I can smell them!!!! Anticipation! I'm being good, I am!)

Chocolate is worth extra exclamation marks, just in case you were wondering! [Biased]

Um ... I am glad you are delighted ... but they were from me, not Mrs Shrew. Unless there is some weird synchronicity going on or something. [Biased]

I'm so pleased you posted that cottontail... I was trying to work out how the chocolate had changed completely whilst flying over the pond.

Glad you like the penguin Smudgie! I've just started making little crochet animals and I thought you would like it [Smile]

Posted by Welease Woderwick (# 10424) on :

It's okay folks, stay calm, I'll just go and check the liquor cabinet in the Hosts Lounge.

Posted by Jengie Jon (# 273) on :

quote:
Originally posted by cheesymarzipan:
Glad you like the penguin Smudgie! I've just started making little crochet animals and I thought you would like it [Smile]

Another maker of Amigurumi! yay! Is Earwig responsible for your interest to?

Jengie

quote:
Originally posted by cheesymarzipan:

I love the little penguin. He has appeared on facebook already and is currently in pride of place on the (newly dusted) bookshelf. And so special to have a gift that is handmade. Thank you again.

Oh, dear. [Hot and Hormonal]

Cottontail, thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm SO sorry I got you and Mrs Shrew confused!!!!

(My excuse is that I found no Ship name, and went with my best guess!!!!)

[Hot and Hormonal]
I'll go stand in the corner now.

quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
Oh, dear. [Hot and Hormonal]

Cottontail, thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm SO sorry I got you and Mrs Shrew confused!!!!

(My excuse is that I found no Ship name, and went with my best guess!!!!)

[Hot and Hormonal]
I'll go stand in the corner now.

[Big Grin]
It is a privilege to be confused with the excellent Mrs Shrew.

And just think ... more marvellous chocolate still to come.

And more marvelous chocolate is here! [Big Grin]

Thank you, Mrs Shrew!!!
Now, I will get to try some treats y'all have talked about and I could only dream of!

Locally made KitKat, Kinder (which looks intriguing!), two different G&B's, Cadbury like we never ever have here, and Smarties! This is definitely not the Smarties we have!

I feel extremely blessed to find chocolate in my mailbox two days in a row! [Yipee]

(And another big thanks to Cottontail! I did share with my BFF tonight, and we were yum-yumming so much I'm surprised the neighbors didn't come over to see what we were enjoying!)

The most amazing collection of goodies has arrived from a Queensland address ... [Axe murder]

(Though I suspect I'd better not wear the Wallabies scarf too often in these parts ... my life expectancy would be lowered massively!)

Thank you huge-muchly, sender!

Oh, silly me ... it's not secret, is it? Thank you, Mertide! [Axe murder]

Posted by mertide (# 4500) on :

Glad it arrived, it had tracked the east coast with me till I could post it!

I pulled a lovely surprise out of the letterbox a short while ago: a Pigwidgeon Package!

Ooh. I am enticed by all of those flavours, but can I just say... POMEGRANATE!!

Where's a spinning happy smiley when you need one? [Big Grin]

Posted by Pigwidgeon (# 10192) on :

quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
I pulled a lovely surprise out of the letterbox a short while ago: a Pigwidgeon Package!

Ooh. I am enticed by all of those flavours, but can I just say... POMEGRANATE!!

Where's a spinning happy smiley when you need one? [Big Grin]

I was beginning to get worried that my Mail Owls hadn't gotten it there!

Posted by Mamacita (# 3659) on :

The postal carrier braved two torrential downpours today to leave a lovely surprise on my doorstep. A big package of chocolate from NZ! Milk chocolate with lots of yummy stuff inside, and a beautifully crafted dark chocolate piece with white heart pattern inside. It's a thing of beauty. But I'm having it for dessert anyway. Thank you, Huia!

It's been a long week. Emergency last-minute shifts at the shop going late. Job application limbo. Prescription optics phun. The 100th problem Jay Z didn't have. Storm and stress. Blah.

So I stumble up my stairway and see a Scottish package. Oh yes. Chocolate. Just what I need. Oh exactly what I need after a long day as the last of the coffee wears off.

The rhubarb candies are getting saved for later…and Oh Dear Lord, I think I about set the dog to barking laughing at the cover of Attack of the Robot Chickens. Couldn't have arrived at a better time—thank you so much NEQ!

—A.

Nothing as yet. Hopefully it's because my sender hasn't got round to it yet rather than because the postie ate it. (Family aren't that stupid)

Tubbs

I feel it necessary to update my status by reporting that my package contained really satisfying candy, the kind that you chew slowly and savour the flavour.

Well, that's what I'm doing anyway.

Thank you again, Pigwidgeon. They really are some of the nicest I've ever had.

I have posted! [Smile]

Posted by Alan Cresswell (# 31) on :

It took it's time, but I now have a stack of dark chocolate. And a nice little Monet to brighten up my room.

Thanks.

Excellent. Glad it got there!

© Ship of Fools 2016