Thread: Welcome Aboard 2014 Board: Oblivion / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=027980

Posted by Welease Woderwick (# 10424) on :

On behalf of the All Saints' hosts and the rest of the Ship, we welcome you aboard! This is the place to make your presence known, so that we may offer our greetings and advice to all our new members.

We ask that you make yourself familiar with our version of the "10 Commandments", which are the basic guidelines that you agreed to follow when you registered. You may also want to check the FAQ's for more useful information.

Remember, each area of the Ship has its own rules and regulations, which you will find hyperlinked at the top of each board. They range from Heaven to Hell (literally!), and you'll want to familiarize yourself with them, especially here at the beginning of your "tour of duty".

Once again, welcome to the Ship. We wish you smooth sailing!

Campbellite, Firenze, piglet and Welease Woderwick
All Saints Hosts

Posted by Charlie-in-the-box (# 17954) on :

Hi there, I'm new. I am 51-year-old woman, divorced twice (never could get that right), have three sons (one in heaven), 3 granddaughters, live in a small apartment and work as a social worker. I was ordained in the Methodist Church but totally lost my faith after my son died. It was very embarrassing and depressing to say my faith failed when I needed it the most. I loved my two churches (been there almost 5 years) and stepped down. It was my disgruntled artist atheist phase.

I ended up Catholic (loooooooong story--best to wait for the movie) but it was a very poor choice for this strong-minded, liberal feminazi who likes to think for herself. I beat up on myself regularly and to no avail. I started suffering crippling panic attacks and would run out of mass feeling panic and deep self-hatred. I had a priest scream at me, people stopped talking to me, but their punishments did nothing to MAKE me believe what they say is true. I cannot agree with them on quite a few things so ....time to move on. They even said I should just SAY I believed even if I didn't Sorry I can't drink the kool aid and the Guyana weather doesn't agree with me. I have nothing against Catholics at all. I just can't agree with them.

Since I only have mentally ill adults in my life everyday as part of my job, I would like to have a faith community where I can worship and be accepted as ME, but I am too liberal for most. I wrote my blog on how I feel like I'm on the island of misfit Catholics and I don't have a home. That reminded me of the Rudolph movie where the Charlie-in-the-box talked about how everyone loves a Jack but not a Charlie and that really hit me.

So, here I am....and I hope to get to know you and hope to have a place where I can let my hair down and just be me.

Lorrie [Yipee]

Posted by balaam (# 4543) on :

Welcome Lorrie, or C-i-t-b. You say you have a blog, remember not to mention it in the main part of any post, but several of us link to them in sig.

You may be interested in the Doubting thread.

Posted by Firenze (# 619) on :

Welcome Charlie-in-the-box.

I'm an ex-Christian feminist pagan atheist - and they made me Crew. So your chances of fitting in are quite good I'd say.

Enjoy the voyage.

Firenze
All Saints Host

Posted by Boogie (# 13538) on :

Welcome to the Ship Charlie-in-the-box, enjoy the voyage!

[Smile]

Posted by Net Spinster (# 16058) on :

Ahoy! Charlie in the box. The motley crew is worldwide but welcoming (writing as an atheistic humanist) albeit slightly British in flavour (tea, Doctor Who, obscure Celtic saints).

I can get into tea worship. I probably have 30 varieties in my cupboard. That works for me. Thanks everyone, I appreciate the welcome. I went to hell already to complain about the weather.

Posted by piglet (# 11803) on :

Hello, Charlie-in-the-box, and welcome aboard! [Smile]

Piglet, another AS host.

Love the name Piglet.

Posted by Silver Swan (# 17957) on :

Greetings, Folks! My name is Silver Swan and I'd like to join you. I've lurked about for many years and maybe won't have much to say, but decided to swim aboard. [Smile]
I've been a Christian for sixteen years, after spending the first twenty five years of my adult life looking for Truth in all the wrong places. Barely do I grasp by the fingertips that God in Christ has really forgiven me every stupid, selfish, greedy thing I ever did, but I know for certain that I have been changed from a grub into a butterfly, and although it often seems I'm taking a long time for my wings to dry properly so that I may really take off into full flight instead of being fearful or distracted, yet I do have my soaring moments, thanks be to our merciful loving Father!
I live on what began as a hippy commune when I joined in 1973 and is now a co-operative community of over 200 persons, situated beside a sub-tropical rainforest and waterfall -I'm no longer the utopian idealist I once was but continue to uphold the common ownership of land as being a good model.
Looking forward to healthy discussion, worship and fellowship,
Regards and peace, Silver Swan.

Welcome Silver Swan,

It's nice to meet you--look forward to chatting on the boards. [Smile]

Indeed, welcome aboard, SS. [Smile]

If you've been lurking for a while you've probably got a fair idea of how the different boards work, but a squint at the FAQs and 10 Commandments (see the links at the top of the page) should answer any questions.

Happy sailing!

Piglet, AS host

PS Thanks, Charlie - guess who my favourite Winnie-the-Pooh character is? [Smile]

[ 08. January 2014, 01:02: Message edited by: piglet ]

Hey hey Silver Swan, nice to meet you here [Smile]

Welcome from me, too, Silver Swan - I love your siggy line!

Posted by Chocoholic (# 4655) on :

Hi, I used to hang around a lot, not saying much of any use but hey. I tootled off for a while (nothing personal, no big huff or anything, RL just took over) but have found myself lurking again. Nice, and reassuring, to see so many familiar names still here.

So, what's been happening?!

[Smile]

Posted by Silver Swan (# 17957) on :

Thanks for the friendly welcomes.
I'm glad you like the sig line. It's my best ever thought.
[Axe murder]

Welcome back, Chocoholic (now there's a cool name!) [Cool]

Posted by Sacristan&Verger (# 17968) on :

Hi all, after many years of watching from the wings I have finally joined you - the reason being I'm part way through the discernment process and have found the Vocations thread so very helpful and encouraging.
I'm on the far side of 50, Anglo-Catholic, self-employed and busy within my church. I hope to find answers to many of my questions here - or at least gather a variety of opinion!

Welcome Sacristan&Verger. Glad you felt moved to join in.

If you've been lurking, I daresay you have the hang of the various Boards. I hope you find things of interest on all of them. I'm assured that even Hell is useful in formation for the priesthood.

Firenze
AS Host

Welcome from over here too, S&V. [Smile]

Piglet, another AS host

Posted by Majorminor (# 17967) on :

Hello, Motley Crew.
Thank you for having me.
How to introduce myself? As if get older, I'm less certain (dogmatic?) about stuff that I used to get hot under the collar about. I'm a Salvation Army Major, but have ambivalent views about the Army: some things we do well; others drive me demented!!
Looking forward to being stimulated, amused (some threads on Hell made me chuckle-thank you) annoyed, taught, and blessed.

Welcome Majorminor.
quote:
Originally posted by Majorminor:
Looking forward to being stimulated, amused (some threads on Hell made me chuckle-thank you) annoyed, taught, and blessed.

I'm sure we can do all of those, particularly the annoying.

I should perhaps add a health warning that Hell, while it can look like fun, serves a serious purpose in containing flame wars and personal disputes.

Elsewhere, all is peace and love. Ish.

Firenze
All Saints Host

Posted by Sir Kevin (# 3492) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Sacristan&Verger:

I'm on the far side of 50, Anglo-Catholic, self-employed and busy within my church. I hope to find answers to many of my questions here - or at least gather a variety of opinion!

I am light years beyond 50 and RC - my wife is Anglican - DOB 2 January 2054 and this is my favourite website. Welcome all!

Posted by Fredegund (# 17952) on :

Er - hello. Have nervously joined after years of admiring, wondering, and giggling.
A long history of areas of doubt and uncertainty and Douglas Adams. Currently just about hanging on the outskirts of the Church of England and TSSF, while acknowledging that I wouldn't be alive if it weren't for some patient listeners. Have difficulty in believing, but have found the Ship a wonderful place to counter the negatives.
And the name? Was a medieval historian. Not as violent as the historical Fredegund in real life. Also have 2 sons, to be known as Lothar I and II, and 4 cats.

Posted by saysay (# 6645) on :

Welcome Fredegund! There's nothing to be nervous about - most Shippies don't bite (at least not unless you ask nicely). Happy sailing!

Welcome [Smile]

Hi Fredegund and welcome!

If you've been around a little while you are probably familiar enough with the Ship's version of the 10 Commandments and the FAQs but if not they are linked at the top of every page and are worth a look.

Join in when you can and remember to have fun.

WW
All Saints Host

Posted by Lilac (# 17979) on :

Hi folks. I seem to spend alot of time in hotels and I keep thinking there must be more to life. Jesus had some interesting ideas. So did some other people. I'm always on the lookout for useful suggestions.

Posted by Huia (# 3473) on :

Wow, Fredegund

Douglas Adams - tick, four cats double tick.

Obviously a quality Apprentice [Biased]

And good listeners are worth their weight in gold in my experience. Welcome.

Hi Lilac and welcome aboard our little schooner of joy. It is good to have you aboard.

Read the 10 Cs* and guidelines and join in - Have Fun!

WW
All Saints Host

*The Ten Commandments and FAQs are linked at the top of every page.

Welcome aboard Lilac!

Posted by Mr Beamish (# 17991) on :

Ahoy, shipmates. I've been lurking for a while now and have decided to take the plunge (or not, getting out of the sea and onto a boat). I am a grumpy young man in the CofE (probably the son of, rather than husband of, Mrs Beamish) and with all the theology I find myself reading nowadays I thought it would be nice to find other people concerned with all that is both sublime and ridiculous in the Church and outside of it as well.

Welcome Mr Beamish.

I'm pretty sure we do ridiculous.

If you've been lurking, you probably have the different Boards sorted - but there are Useful Descriptions on each homepage, plus links to our few but simple rules (the 10 Cs) in the header.

Happy sailing.

Firenze
AS Host

Welcome indeed, Mr. Beamish - I'm sure you'll find a soul-mate or two around here, probably including me.

[Smile]

Prayer-book piglet

quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
Welcome indeed, Mr. Beamish - I'm sure you'll find a soul-mate or two around here, probably including me.

[Smile]

Prayer-book piglet

I'm always encouraged to see fellow austere, BCP-toting bags of misery, especially when they have such an adorable name and a pithy comment about singers as a signature. [Biased]

Posted by Evensong (# 14696) on :

Welcome Mr Beamish. Plenty of grumpy young C of E theologians on board to keep you company. [Big Grin]

[ 01. February 2014, 07:00: Message edited by: Evensong ]

I'm not really an "austere bag of misery" am I?

[Paranoid] [Big Grin]

Isn't being an austere bag of misery a prerequisite of prayer-book fandom?

Oh no... I've done it all wrong! [Ultra confused]

[Biased]

quote:
I'm not really an "austere bag of misery" am I?

Of course not. You're not the least bit austere.

[Big Grin]

Posted by Sioni Sais (# 5713) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Beamish:
Ahoy, shipmates. I've been lurking for a while now and have decided to take the plunge (or not, getting out of the sea and onto a boat). I am a grumpy young man in the CofE (probably the son of, rather than husband of, Mrs Beamish) and with all the theology I find myself reading nowadays I thought it would be nice to find other people concerned with all that is both sublime and ridiculous in the Church and outside of it as well.

While I can see Mrs Beamish as a wife I find it hard to envisage her as a mother. Welcome aboard, we're a varied bunch, some of us from time to time.

Posted by samc (# 18009) on :

Hello! I am new.

I'm the digital/new media guy for Bristol diocese hoho no really. I realise that un-anonymises me which is like forum rookie error #1, but you know let's be brave eh what.

I'm trying to cut down a little on social media, but remembered I intended to sign up to this place about 5 years ago. In fact I probably did and then flitted about and didn't bookmark it. I have a mind like a labrador with an amphetamine addiction. [Yipee]

Hi samc and welcome aboard on behalf of the All Saints Hosting Team.

Reading the Ship's version of the 10 Commandments and the FAQs [linked at the top of every page] is a good start to your stay here - it is also worth checking out the different purposes of the different individual boards. But the main thing is to join in and have fun.

WW
All Saints Host.

quote:
Originally posted by samc:

I have a mind like a labrador with an amphetamine addiction. [Yipee]

Now that is a wonderful phrase. I hope it's not in copyright because I can find a good use for it. [Smile]

Welcome aboard.

Huia

Posted by Kelly Alves (# 2522) on :

Seconded on the awesomeness of that descriptor. [Big Grin]

And the diocese website is impressive!

[ 15. February 2014, 22:25: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

Welcome samc.

Let me tell you labradors are very clever!

Enjoy the voyage [Smile]

Posted by Curiosity killed ... (# 11770) on :

I loved that description too - know exactly what you mean from the inside too.

Posted by Nightlamp (# 266) on :

Still alive.

Posted by Ariel (# 58) on :

Where have you been!? Welcome back, good to see you here again.

Posted by Nightlamp (# 266) on :

Sometimes reading threads and so not far. I have been very busy over the last few years with new more demanding roles and also dodging the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. I also have a busier household. In the last year discovered twitter and engaged with some shipmates on it.

Posted by Willow warbler (# 18035) on :

Newbie member Willow warbler saying hello.

First came across Ship of Fools in mid 1990s then again a few months ago.

Found lots of interesting discussion on the boards and wanted to join in so signed up. Hope to have lots of fun, interesting and challenging conversations with everyone.

Ww

Posted by Cottontail (# 12234) on :

Hello, Willow warbler, and welcome to the Ship. [Smile]
Check out the Weel done cutty sark thread to find your fellow Scots ... always room for more!

I'll add a welcome from an expat Scot. If you've been around the Ship before, you probably have a fair idea of how things work; if you have any questions, check out the FAQ and 10 Commandment pages (links at the top of this page).

Happy sailing!

Piglet, AS host

Aha! Another Ww! I think we should have lots of fun confusing everybody! On the Safe from Kidnapping thread be prepared to be confused in your turn with folks talking about WW and meaning WeightWatchers!

Ah well, most of life is confusing so we may as well add to it.

Welcome board and here is wishing you lots of fun.

Welcome Willow warbler - I like your name!

[Smile]

Posted by Brenda Clough (# 18061) on :

A friend of mine, told me I should come here and sign up -- she's around here someplace (Pooks? you there?).

I am a novelist, and write mainly science fiction and fantasy. I am also a member of an Anglican church and am in fact on the Altar Guild.

(Edited to remove RL name)

[ 20. March 2014, 18:14: Message edited by: Firenze ]

Welcome Brenda Clough.

If you don't mind, I've edited your post to remove Pook's RL name. While some Shippies use their RL names, or link to their blogs or otherwise are quite happy to be identified, some don't. So we follow the convention of not 'outing' anyone.

There are certainly plenty of other Anglicans aboard: a number of writers, and at least one well-kent science fiction author.

Stroll the decks, and any questions, a Host will be happy to help.

Firenze
AS Host

Posted by Doc Tor (# 9748) on :

Verily, I am that science fiction writer. Hey, Brenda!

Posted by jurassicpaul (# 18066) on :

Hi, I'm new here. Part of a pub church group in Wales and originally from an evangelical background. Now largely confused and disillusioned. Dave Tomlinson's Post Evangelical book certainly rings true to me. That's a brief introduction anyway...

Welcome, jurassicpaul.

Confused is fine - certainty's not all it's cracked up to be IMO.

Meanwhile, The Ship offers a range of diversions, severally described in the Board headings/FAQs.

Enjoy.

Firenze
AS Host

quote:
Originally posted by jurassicpaul:
Hi, I'm new here. Part of a pub church group in Wales and originally from an evangelical background. Now largely confused and disillusioned. Dave Tomlinson's Post Evangelical book certainly rings true to me. That's a brief introduction anyway...

Welcome jurassicpaul.

The ship is a great place to talk about faith from whatever background you come. I hope it helps you wade through some of that confusion and disillusionment. [Smile]

Welcome jurassicpaul - enjoy the voyage!

[Smile]

Welcome aboard, Jurassicpaul. [Smile]

There's absolutely no shame in being confused - it's the default position for lots of people, and we've even got an icon for it ...

[Confused]

Posted by MrsBeaky (# 17663) on :

Hi jurasicpaul

Welcome aboard, you'll be in good company here!
I think I'm less sure now about all sorts of things than I used to be but I feel strangely better for it.

Enjoy yourself.

quote:
Originally posted by MrsBeaky:
...I think I'm less sure now about all sorts of things than I used to be but I feel strangely better for it...

Oh yes indeed!

Welcome jurassicpaul, enjoy the cruise.

Posted by RevMotherRaphael (# 18102) on :

Benedicite to all Shipmates. I am new so still getting a hold of the rigging. Can only describe myself as traditional Anglo-Catholic Religious as the name suggests. Looking forward to future journeys with all you saints.

Welcome aboard, RevMotherRaphael!

Please take a minute to look at the FAQ and Ten Commandments links at the top of the page: they'll tell you what's what (and what isn't).

Hope you have a long and happy voyage! [Smile]

Piglet, AS host

quote:
Originally posted by RevMotherRaphael:
Benedicite to all Shipmates. I am new so still getting a hold of the rigging. Can only describe myself as traditional Anglo-Catholic Religious as the name suggests. Looking forward to future journeys with all you saints.

Welcome - Be forewarned that not all of us are saints, especially in Hell [Two face]

Huia

Posted by Gareth (# 2494) on :

Well, it's been a while. Twelve years since I joined, and looking at my 'recent posts' very little activity since my son was diagnosed with autism (and only a couple of hundred before then.) But then I was a regular on a couple of less pugnacious competitors to this board, and a moderator on one of them, so it's no surprise that I didn't post much here.

Those other boards got lost in the desert and perished...

I've been mates with Busyknitter for about a decade (so sorry to hear Ken's news) and recognise a couple of other names; if anyone remembers me they'll be relieved to hear that 12 years of 24/7 caring has ruined/improved me (depending on your perspective.)

I've already dipped my toe back into a couple of places...

Welcome (back).

As you may see from the Glory board, we've lost a few good 'uns. But we keep sailing.

Firenze
AS Host

Posted by RevMotherRaphael (# 18102) on :

quote:
Welcome - Be forewarned that not all of us are saints, especially in Hell [Two face]

Huia

I didn't say I was a saint... [Biased]

Welcome W. warbler and Jurassic Paul. Play safe and Have fun!

Welcome also to RevMotherRaphael! You are the nun that runs our Cathedral School down the street, are you?

Thought not - she is Irish Roman Catholic! Good to talk to you - enjoy your time on the Ship!

Posted by burlingtontiger (# 18069) on :

How-do.

I've only recently joined so I thought that I had better say hello. I've enjoyed reading the various boards on here for several weeks now.

I am a 43 year old man and I've been drawn to Christianity for several years now after being merrily - but not cruelly - cynical about life in general all my adult years.

This year is my third attempt at re-joining a friendly, local Evangelical church. Although I am not a believer, or at least not yet, somehow this time it feels right and maybe something will come out of it. Although I suspect that I will never overcome doubts about biblical inerrancy (particularly about the Pentateuch) I am happy with the church that I have found. I'm particularly impressed by the scholarliness of a couple of the church leaders.

I collect antiques, 18th & 19th C. English novels, vintage children's books. I like auction sales and car-boot fairs. I am an aspiring, but unfocused, writer. I follow Hull City AFC and my local town football team.

So, I guess that is about all for now. Thanks for having me.

[ 24. May 2014, 13:19: Message edited by: burlingtontiger ]

Welcome aboard!

Choccie

Welcome, burlingtontiger.

I'd say, from your interests, you'll fit right in.

If you've already had a look at the different boards, that's a good start. Anything the descriptions/FAQs don't explain, feel free to ask.

Firenze
AS Host

Hey hey burlingtontiger - nice choice of name [Smile]

Posted by JoannaP (# 4493) on :

Welcome burlingtontiger!

If you spend some time on the more serious discussion boards, you will soon find that quite a few shipmates have no problems at all with Biblical inerrancy (especially of the Pentateuch) - we just do not find it relevant to our faith.

Posted by Waw consecutivum (# 18120) on :

New here (obviously).

Catholic (not "cradle")

Lurked a few times.

Um...

Er...

That's about it (more info on page 94)

Your normal service will now resume.

Welcome aboard, Waw consecutivum - you'll find most of what you need to know on the 10 Commandments and FAQ links at the top of the page; if you have any other questions, just ask.

Hope you have a long and happy voyage with us. [Smile]

Piglet, AS host

Posted by Unsmoothed (# 18123) on :

Hello, from Annie in the US - Florida - Daytona Beach. I am a lifelong (fifth generation or more, even) United Methodist who argues incessantly about the errancy of the Bible, cherry-picking, intolerance (I don't tolerate it), history, physics,and politics. Oh, and social issues.
I'm all over social media, and knowledgeable about the web and websites. I'm usually the person everyone goes to when they want something researched or clarified.
I am very pleased to have run across this site. I think this is my new best favorite thing.
I love y'all! [Axe murder]

Hi Annie, the Unsmoothed one, and welcome - I quite like compound verby things.

Have a read through the 10 Commandments [our version] and the FAQs and if you've got any questions just ask.

Most importantly join in and have fun.

Welease Woderwick - All Saints Host

Hey hey Unsmoothed Annie, welcome aboard!

I'm a Methodist too [Smile]

Posted by jedijudy (# 333) on :

Hi Unsmoothed!
Welcome from a fellow Florida Methodist.

Doubting Tom Redux posted the following:

quote:
Ahoy Mateys!

I am a brand-newbie aboard and rather than just be a ghostly presence like some Ancient Mariner (or a stowaway) I thought I’d send this SOS and hope for a welcome!

When I was 40 I went to the eye doctor for an exam and was told I had Presbyopia, but I quickly disqualified that assessment and told the doc I was non-denominational. And I am, though I’ve been connected to the Brethren, Calvary Chapel, and Vineyard Christian fellowships. (Ships? No pun intended.) I’m a Yankee, a former colonist (I see you’re mostly Brits), and please don’t hold that against me.

Mine has been a long (41 year) roller-coaster ride as a believer in Christ. Rather similar in respects to the checker-board history of Israel it’s been. The joy of release from pyramid building in a metaphorical Egypt was all too soon followed by a longish crossing of wilderness, and even after tasting milk and honey I lapsed repeatedly into apostasy, idolatry, spiritual (and actual) adultery…I broke the Big 10, all of ‘em, even worse after my conversion than before. (Yes even murder…of myself…suicide…just attempted grant you, but if lust of the eye is bad as giving in to the flesh, then it follows that attempted murder …you get my point).

Which ultimately led to a Dark Night of the Soul, a kind of life-review full of shame, regret, and remorse (all I could think about was every screw-up from little to large I’d ever made). I felt, and was, quite lost. But then a reasoning process occurred in which I hesitantly, tentatively, began to think that the salvific work of Jesus was sufficient to cover ALL of it. All that history from my personal BC to the present. And my assurance of salvation ticket got punched anew.

Then two voices in the broad stream of the faith (Rob Bell and Brian McLaren, very controversial both, celebrated by many and vilified as heretics by many, up to and including being assessed as pre-cursors to the AntiChrist!) came to my attention. Both refreshed and invigorated my tender renewed faith. And Bell in particular crystallized and articulated my own theology back to me (the “beautiful heresy” of Universalism) as well as pulled back the curtain and showed me the incomparable, peerless, incredible, preposterous majesty of Jesus, his Father, and their Book. My prayer had been “Let me see you as you truly are, that I might love you, and enlarge my heart, that I might love others as you would have me do.” Bell was the answer to that prayer, and after reading Love Wins (his controversial best-seller) I sat on my porch, tears of joy streaming down my face, blubbering “I love you, I love you, I love you” over and over to God.

So if it isn’t already obvious, I am heterodox, not orthodox, and possibly heretical. I was in fact going to change my Ship Name to the “Happy Heretic”, but too late, I was already locked in as

Doubting Tom Redux

Posted by Raptor Eye (# 16649) on :

Welcome Doubting Tom Redux, I hope you will enjoy yourself on the Ship as much as I do.

Posted by Lyda*Rose (# 4544) on :

Doubting Tom Redux, I think that you could be in the right place. You definitely have the Unrest thing down. Welcome, welcome! [Cool]

Welcome aboard, DTR, and happy sailing!

Hey hey Doubting Tom Redux - nice to meet you. I am also a happy heretic.

[Smile]

Posted by recklessrat (# 17243) on :

Hi all,

I am back after a year or so's break...this time with a little baby to add to the crew :-)

Welcome back, RR, and also welcome to Reckless Ratlet. [Smile]

Posted by Cameron PM (# 18142) on :

Hello everyone, I'm new as well. I lurked for around two years before I actually signed up yesterday, and I'm ready for the woes and joys that good conversation brings.

Not here a day and I've found fellow Newfoundlanders.

Posted by TheAlethiophile (# 16870) on :

Hello Cameron PM. Welcome aboard.

Interesting moniker... [Paranoid]

quote:
Originally posted by Cameron PM:
... Not here a day and I've found fellow Newfoundlanders.

I'm a Newfoundlander-by-adoption - I'm originally from the Orkney islands in Scotland, but I've lived here for nearly 11 years.

Welcome aboard, Cameron PM - if you've been lurking for a while, you'll probably have a fair idea of how the boards work. If you have any questions, the FAQs and 10 Commandments links at the top of the page should tell you all you need to know.

Meanwhile, happy sailing! [Smile]

Piglet, All Saints host

Posted by Cameron PM (# 18142) on :

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cameron PM:
... Not here a day and I've found fellow Newfoundlanders.

I'm a Newfoundlander-by-adoption - I'm originally from the Orkney islands in Scotland, but I've lived here for nearly 11 years.

Welcome aboard, Cameron PM - if you've been lurking for a while, you'll probably have a fair idea of how the boards work. If you have any questions, the FAQs and 10 Commandments links at the top of the page should tell you all you need to know.

Meanwhile, happy sailing! [Smile]

Piglet, All Saints host

Well my friend, you really are a true Newfoundlander. We're all from southern England, Ireland, bits of Scotland and Wales to begin with. "The most Irish place outside Ireland" and "Britannia's other hand."

Thank you all for the happy welcome.

[ 26. June 2014, 15:50: Message edited by: Cameron PM ]

I've also lived in Ireland (15 years in Belfast), and one of the first things I noticed when we moved here was how much the accent was like that of southern Ireland (especially round the Southern Shore) - they could have come straight from Cork!

Posted by recklessrat (# 17243) on :

quote:
Welcome back, RR, and also welcome to Reckless Ratlet. [Smile]

Thanks Piglet [Smile]

Posted by Banner Lady (# 10505) on :

G'day maties!

(Waves friendly flag at all newbies)

Have fun on board - there's lots to explore.
[Smile]

Posted by itsarumdo (# 18174) on :

Hi Folks - just doing a sniff and scratch and a lurk or two to find my bearings.

And I thought the picture is almost like Patrick Stewart... anyone know who it really is?

Welcome to The Ship, itsarumdo.

Board headers will show what we get up to on various decks: the 10Cs the few and simple rules.

As for the pic - clearly, from the tonsure - a monastic, and from the rapt expression, probably a Saint. Bit slim for Aquinas; bit academic for Francis; Dominic, maybe?

Firenze
AS Host

Posted by Valarian (# 18175) on :

I'm Ian and I'm from the UK. I was brought up as a Methodist and attended regular Sunday school as a child. Even from an early age, I couldn't accept certain doctrines as valid, especially that of the Trinity. I never went through confirmation, as I couldn't subscribe to a set of beliefs that I didn't believe in. I did, however, retain an interest in Christianity - especially early 1st century Christianity, biblical textual criticism and the reformation period. I have read the Bible (several times), the Qur'an, the Noble Eightfold Path. I have explored/studied animism and other pagan belief systems. I have even looked in to the Eastern Orthodox churches and their differences with Western Christianity.

I would consider myself a traditional Unitarian Christian dissenter. I'm also an adoptionist, in that I believe Jesus was chosen for his mission by God at his baptism rather than a divine birth.

Posted by W Hyatt (# 14250) on :

Welcome, Ian - always good to hear from another Christian who sees problems with the traditional doctrine of the Trinity. Do you happen to be familiar with Swedenborg's take on it? Rather different compared to the traditional one.

Hi Valarian and welcome, you sound as if you will fit right in.

Please don't forget to have a look at the 10 Commandments and the FAQs and to check out what the various different boards do.

Most of all please don't forget to have fun!

WW - AS Host.

Posted by Swordflasher (# 18169) on :

Hi everyone.

I'm Swordflasher - nothing dodgy there, my hobby has been historical fencing. I'm 57 and from London. I work as an addictions counsellor, am trained in Transpersonal psychology, and I have a young black and white cat called Spidey short for Spidercat (not spiderpig) because she leaps gracefully all over the place, sometimes in my dinner.
As for faith, I don't have any problem finding something good in most approaches; I think any idea can be a good one as long as it's not the only one you've got. I like that website(s) where you answer a list of questions and find out you're 40% pagan, 20% Quaker, 20% Jedi, 10% Buddhist and so on.
Some (no wait,most) of my best friends are atheists, and are amongst the most spiritual people I know. I'd go along with Jung, who on being asked if he believed in God said 'I do not believe, I know.' But I don't need to ruin the surprise for anyone else.

Anyway, good to meet you, and please let me know if I take myself too seriously..

Hello Swordflasher (what a wonderful name!) and welcome aboard. Take a minute to have a look at the 10 Commandments and FAQ pages (links at the top of the page) - they should explain most of what you need to know.

Happy sailing!

[Smile]

Piglet, All Saints host

Hi Swordflasher, good to have another person aboard who lives with a cool cat.

Huia

[ 27. July 2014, 01:07: Message edited by: Huia ]

Posted by Curiosity killed ... (# 11770) on :

Welcome Swordflasher - as you're a Londoner it's worth looking out for London meets here in All Saints if you want to meet people. There's one coming up on 10th August on Hampstead Heath if you're interested. Just post on the thread and we will look out for you.

Because it's London, meets tend to be made up of people from the surrounding area, rather than just Londoners.

Posted by Swordflasher (# 18169) on :

Many thanks for the warm welcome!

Posted by mrWaters (# 18171) on :

Hi everyone,
My name is Kajetan and I currently live in Aberdeen, UK. I was born and raised in small provincial town in Poland which I left to study abroad (not quite done with that yet). For a long time I've been interested in religion, politics and society. From a hardline conservative I evolved to be very liberal. I like to think that I'm tolerant, respectful and self-aware. You're likely learn more about me in discussion threads, turns out I'm pretty bad at identifying what characterizes me.

I'm a member of Roman Catholic Church, I also consider myself to be a liberal Catholic.

Hi Kajetan/mrWaters and, on behalf of the All Saints Hosting Team, welcome aboard our little tugboat.

If you haven't already done so you might like to have a look at the Ship's version of the 10 Commandments and the FAQs, both linked at the top of every page.

Most of all join in and have fun.

Welease Woderwick
All Saints Host

Posted by North East Quine (# 13049) on :

Welcome, mrWaters!
Anyone who chooses to live in Aberdeen is clearly a person of discernment and high intelligence!

Welcome aboard, MrWaters! I'll second what NEQ said about Aberdeen - I was a student there <cough> years ago and have very fond, if slightly fuzzy memories of it. [Big Grin]

Happy sailing!

Posted by Stercus Tauri (# 16668) on :

And I'll third that! Aberdeen is a much changed place since I was a student there, but still a place full of memories to enjoy and to eat butteries - I go back whenever I can. I'm still trying to get the hang of the Ship, but as a collection of harmless lunatics, you can't beat it.

I object! We're not all harmless.

No, but most of us are. [Big Grin]

Good to see you lot: I was born in LA, but I still visit England as often as i can and meet Shipmates and blood relatives.

Have fun and be inoffensive!

Posted by Macchias (# 18192) on :

Hi - New here, thanks for letting me in!

I guess I'm a bit non-conformist, not a theologian but more of an explorer!

Some great discussions here that I've often thought I'd like to ask a question in but instead I just lurked.

Male, married, middle-aged, two dogs etc.

BTW, 'stoopid' question but is there a Search Function on the site?

Regards to you All.

Posted by LeRoc (# 3216) on :

Welcome! There's a 'Search' link on the top right of the page, but it isn't very good. If you want to find something on the Ship, it's often better to Google, adding site:ship-of-fools.com to your search.

Posted by Macchias (# 18192) on :

quote:
Originally posted by LeRoc:
Welcome! There's a 'Search' link on the top right of the page, but it isn't very good. If you want to find something on the Ship, it's often better to Google, adding site:ship-of-fools.com to your search.

Thanks for the welcome and the answer! I said it was 'stoopid'. Don't I feel it!

Welcome from the AS team.

No question is stoopid (OK, maybe the tourists in Edinburgh who ask What time is the One o'clock Gun?). Don't feel inhibited from joining in any discussion.

Firenze
AS Host

[ 15. August 2014, 20:37: Message edited by: Firenze ]

Posted by ChastMastr (# 716) on :

Hi all! I was told that this is indeed an OK place to reintroduce oneself as well as introduce oneself for the first time, so here I go:

I'm 46 (soon to be 47), GWM living in Clearwater, Florida, US, with my partner of 11 years, QuakerCub here on the Ship (but nicknamed Cubby (we're both bears)).

I'm an Anglo-Catholic Episcopalian with what could be described as a dash of Shinto. AC in the sense of sacramental theology, not the number of candled on the altar, I hasten to say. I'm quite happy with a nice folk Mass with a guitar-playing priest though I haven't encountered such things in years, alas.

I'm a professor teaching writing at a local college, starting on my sixth year this fall.

Doctrinally, I'm kind of a hybrid of C.S. Lewis and Charles Williams with some Chesterton mixed in, all wrapped up in leather. Yes, that means I'm one of those "Freedom and Song" people. [Biased] Albeit the "Chast(e)" part of my screen name is very relevant...

I love comic books (Marvel and DC and barbarian/pulp stuff), animation, Japanese anime, World of Warcraft, Japanese things in general, Asian things in general, food of all sorts (heh, working on the weight though as I'm quite fat currently), a pretty eclectic variety of music (off the top of my head, Daniel Amos, Alan Parsons Project, Green Day, Jimmy Buffett, Weird Al Yankovic, and more), live-action Japanese tokusatsu (including but not limited to Super Sentai and Kamen Rider), and probably other things. Oh, and Walt Disney World, but we can't afford to do much with it right now.

A Florida native, after my foster father-figure Daddy Vern (yes, this was a "Freedom and Song" type relationship) passed away, I moved up to Washington DC for about seven years, met my partner, came to become really homesick, and when my bio parents passed away in 2007, we moved back down here, and I went from owning a house and buying a new house and trying to sell the old house to losing both of them in the big housing market crash (assisted by my own total cluelessness about such matters), but since then I have finally discovered my dream job and have been thrilled with teaching now for the last five years. I don't make much money but we have a nice apartment and a new (to us) car, and thus we are happy. [Smile]

And now I am at last back on the Ship!! [Yipee]

It is a pleasure to meet all the new people who have come aboard since I drifted off the Ship, and I look forward to meeting everyone I haven't met yet.

David

[Axe murder]

Posted by Zappa (# 8433) on :

WB [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by kabirgph:
Hello,
Good morning everybody.
I am a new member from Bangladesh.
Please welcome me.

Welcome kabirgph on behalf of the All Saints Hosting Team, it's good to have you aboard. I am probably your nearest neighbour here at just over 2,000 kms away. There aren't many Shipmates in Asia.

If you've not already done so please cast your eye over the Ship's version of the 10 Commandments, which you agreed to keep when you signed up, and also the FAQs. Both are linked at the top of every page.

Mostly importantly though join in and have fun.

Welease Woderwick
All Saints Host

quote:
Originally posted by kabirgph:
Hello,
Good morning everybody.
I am a new member from Bangladesh.
Please welcome me.

Welcome kabirgph, I think you may be the first person to be posting from Bangladesh. One of the things I like about the Ship is meeting people from other countries.

I hope you enjoy your time here.

Huia - from New Zealand

Welcome aboard (from the other side of the planet)! [Smile]

Posted by Acurisur (# 18151) on :

Hello everyone, my name is Acurisur. I'm 40 years old and reside in Gloucester, United Kingdom, although I'd consider myself English rather than British. I work from home for a large retail firm, dealing with customers from my home pc and liaising with suppliers.

I have been with my girlfriend for 10 years now and have a 21 month old daughter. When we first met she was (and still is) a liberal atheist and I was a rather confused agnostic. About 3 years into our relationship I had what can only be described as a personal experience of God, whereupon I became a Christian. I consider myself non-denominational but the services I most enjoy are Pentecostal. I look forward to conversing with everyone on the Ship of Fools boards.

Posted by Baptist Trainfan (# 15128) on :

Well, it's nice to have you ... don't be afraid of some good, robust debate though!

Welcome Acurisur! It's good to have you aboard.

If you haven't already done so please have a look at both the 10 Commandments and the FAQs, both linked at the top of every page.

Join In - Have Fun!

Welease Woderwick
All Saints Host

Welcome aboard, Acurisur! [Smile]

Posted by doubtingthomas (# 14498) on :

pulling myself back on board after a lengthy swim in the ocean of "doing other things"...

...Having decided that nothing was more important than giving random opinions and discussing Doctor Who after all, I thought I'd give a little wave to everyone before launching into it...

[Yipee]

Posted by Kelly Alves (# 2522) on :

Excellent priorities. [Big Grin]

Welcome back doubtingthomas from the land where your namesake landed in 52 CE.

Posted by doubtingthomas (# 14498) on :

Thank you - here's to the wonders of ancient seafaring and modern technology!

Posted by _Feh (# 10899) on :

So, I've been on leave for a couple years and decided to re board the ship. I'm delighted to see so many familiar faces. Thought I'd ease myself back in here.
So, hullo again! What's new?

Posted by Golden Key (# 1468) on :

Great to have you back, Feh [Yipee]

Posted by Wesley J (# 6075) on :

Hey, feh! [Smile]

(Does this rhyme? If not, I believe it should. It lends itself to lovingly crafted, but miserably fai-ling puns. I may try to think of some. But don't expect too much. Yet keep fai-th.)

Welcome back! [Big Grin]

[ 02. October 2014, 06:45: Message edited by: Wesley J ]

Posted by fullgospel (# 18233) on :

It is good to be on board- so much to share in.

Thank you.

Welcome fullgospel.

Yes, there are a lot of decks on The Ship; handy description appended at the top of each board - but if anything is obscure, feel free to ask.

Firenze
All Saints Host

Posted by _Feh (# 10899) on :

Good to be back, GK!
Wes, while that was beautifully done, it's more like a noncommittal 'eh'

Thank you Fierenza much appreciated.

I will.

Welcome aboard from me too, Fullgospel.

For some reason your last post came out twice (I think you may have hit the Quote icon by mistake), so I've deleted the extra one.

Happy sailing!

Piglet, All Saints host

Thanks very much piglet.

I wondered where i had slipped up !

Thanks too for your good wishes

Posted by Motylos (# 18216) on :

Hi, I am enjoying early retirement with my other half, and the move to Kernow (beyond England) to be close to family. I enjoy theology, words, ancient history, Celtic things, and pretty much anything I discover along the way of life. Sadly had to downsize books in the move, but enjoying the sea and the sand and (until recently) the sun.
[Cool]

Posted by Raptor Eye (# 16649) on :

Welcome to the Ship Motylos, I look forward to talking to you on the boards. [Smile]

Welcome Motylos.

A Cornish Shipmate lately sailed to Tír na nÓg, so it will be good to have a voice from that part of the world again.

Firenze
AS Host

Welcome Motylos. Sounds like you'll have fun here. [Cool]

Welcome aboard, Motylos! [Smile] Most of what you need to know about the Ship's workings can be found in the 10 Commandments and FAQ boards (links at the top of the page).

Happy sailing!

Piglet, another AS host

Posted by Motylos (# 18216) on :

Thanks, Firenze and others.
I have been surprised and pleased by the response to my first thread posted Tungolcræft.
[Biased]

Posted by Verdant Green (# 18246) on :

Hello. Feeling the need to unburden myself of all sorts of opinions concerning matters religious, I find myself here. I have been here before, more than ten years ago, but have long since forgotten my name, et cetera. I do recall during my previous incarnation, attending a meet, and realising, when the photographs were published, that I had been very drunk. Ah, to be young and foolish (as opposed to just being foolish).

Anyway, I am a Catholic of the Roman variety, and once of the Anglo- variety many years ago, pretty trad, used to play on the ritual threads most.

Enough rambling on…

Welcome!! [Axe murder]

Posted by Piglet (# 11803) on :

Hello Verdant Green, and welcome (back) aboard!

If you've been here before, you'll probably know the ropes, but any questions you may have should be covered in the FAQs and 10 Commandments boards linked to at the top of the page, which we commend to your attention.

Happy sailing! [Smile]

Piglet, AS host

Posted by croinua (# 18252) on :

Hi. Croí Nua here (which means New Heart in Gaeilge).
Not sure what else to say. I've read the 1o commandments.

Posted by Zappa (# 8433) on :

Well read ( I wish a few more read them) and Welcome ... happy travelling, Croí Nua / Croinua ...

Happy sailing from over this side of the planet too, Croi Nua!

Posted by croinua (# 18252) on :

Thank you.

Posted by Anesti (# 18259) on :

Ahoy there!

Permission to come aboard? [Smile]

Welcome Anesti, please don't forget to salute the Quarterdeck as you cross the gangplank.

I don't know if you have lurked before joining but in case you are completely new please have a look at the Ship's version of the 10 Commandments and the FAQs, both are linked at the top of every page.

Any questions, just ask and someone will be along to offer a reply.

Welease Woderwick
All Saints Host

Posted by Anesti (# 18259) on :

Thank you Welease. I am indeed a long-time lurker. Or rather, I have enjoyed reading your forum and Secret Worshiper for a couple of years now.

I am familiar with the forum rules and the different roles of Heaven, Purgatory and Hell.

So thank you for the welcome!

[Cool]

Hello Anesti, and welcome from over here! [Smile]

Posted by spork (# 18260) on :

Hello everyone I'm a 35 year old Christian who attends a Methodist church. I am also a bisexual with Cerabral Palsy (Sorry I am not a label but sometimes we need to explain [Confused] ) anything else you need or indeed want to ask I will try to answer honestly.

Welcome!

Thanks chast x

Hi spork and welcome on behalf of the All Saints Hosting Team - whether the Hosts are all saints is another discussion altogether!

If you haven't already done so I recommend that you have a look at the Ship's version of the 10 Commandments and at the FAQs, both of these are linked at the top of every page.

Most of all I recommend that you join in and have fun!

Welease Woderwick - All Saints Host

Welcome aboard, Spork! [Smile]

Thankyou WW (Sorry may I be so informal?) And thankyou also to piglet.
As for being saints, if one claims said title surely one can not be a saint as that would make them very boastful and un-saintly!

Some of us are just a little bit more saintly than others, but I'll leave you to sort out who's who ... [Big Grin]

Posted by sabinus (# 18266) on :

Hello !

I hope I get this right . I'm not very good with these modern contraptions , so please be patient with me .

It was Sunday morning , and I was listening to "Sunday" on Radio 4 . There was a piece about Advent calendars and I heard "Ship of Fools" mentioned . With a degree of curiosity I jotted down the name for future reference .

Anyway the future was about noon today when I googled "Ship of Fools" and up popped information about this forum .

The only way to find out about it is to join it. So here I am .

I suppose I will wander around for a while to see what goes on , and hopefully encounter you soon .

Cheerio for now . [Smile]

p.s. About the name .

My grandmother was called Sabina . I have decided that Sabinus is the masculine for Sabina . [Hot and Hormonal]

Hi Sabinus, welcome to the fun. I hope you get as much out of the Ship as I do.

I am a technopeasant as far as computers are concerned and have found the UBB practice thread in The Styx a good place to try new things, and the geek thread in Heaven can be helpful for computer related stuff.

HUIA

Welcome Sabinus.

The descriptions on the home pages of the various boards should hopefully give you an idea of what people get up to them. Any questions, just ask a Host.

Enjoy the voyage.

Firenze
All Saints Host

Welcome from over on this side of the Big Pond too, Sabinus! [Smile]

Thanks Huia , Firenze and Piglet for the advice and welcome .

I hope to see you around . [Smile]

Dog Dad posted the above on a separate thread so I thought I'd copy it over in the interests of neatness - looking at my desk I don't know how I have the gall to use the word but we all have to start somewhere!

Originally posted by Dog Dad:

quote:
I lurk a lot, and did have a registration, but in all honesty, couldn't remember my screen name, my email that i used and the password I signed up with. Ergo, a brand new sign in name. A Little about me. 46, Gay, Married, Episcopalian and probably one of the few people on here who've actually been the victim of a Mystery Worship Report. Glad to say my organ playing was received well and it was not my parish, so no problems there.

So nice to be amidst other like minded individuals who actually embrace the geeky church stuff I adore. My husband is totally a non church geek....he's not an unbeliever, but doesn't share my enthusiasm for churchliness. That's OK, we all have to have our own thing.

NY Guy here, so any fellow ship mate who wants a partner for some church hopping during the week be sure to reach out to me. I'm always open for Evensong at St. Tommy's on 5th avenue...or an incense fast at St. Mary's.

I also didn't realize you could change your password, so I've changed mine to something memorable which means I may even have the chance to post once in a while.

Blessings!
AJ

Posted by Ancient Mariner (# 4) on :

quote:
Originally posted by sabinus:
Hello !

I hope I get this right . I'm not very good with these modern contraptions , so please be patient with me .

It was Sunday morning , and I was listening to "Sunday" on Radio 4 . There was a piece about Advent calendars and I heard "Ship of Fools" mentioned . With a degree of curiosity I jotted down the name for future reference .

It was me you heard on Radio 4. Welcome!

So , Ancient Mariner , it was you I heard on Radio 4 .

Thanks for the welcome . [Smile]

I can blame you then for getting me on this Ship of Fools . [Big Grin]

We have Shipmates speaking on Radio 4?!

Welcome all.

Posted by chenab (# 18278) on :

Hi, I've only just discovered this place exists - and now I've been weighed in the balance & not found wanting so someone has let me in - gosh, how did I manage to pass that test [Biased]

It's an interesting welcome btw - the link in the bit saying new people introduce yourself tries to take me to an non-existent bit. Or is that a deliberate thing - like sending apprentices out for a long weight etc.

Anyway I'm here now - so what do you want to know?

Quick intro - I'm called Tony, the chenab name is one I use in a few places and has to do with some steam engines in India in the 1870s - long story but I'll tell anyone who really wants to know.

These days I'm an Anglican - I think that's Episcolian for those on the other side of the pond [Smile] oh yeah, I'm a Brit, living near the middle of East Anglia, near Ely, where we have little landscape since it's flat but we do have some really big skies. Again for anyone over in the USA that puts me near Mildenhall and Lakenheath where a certain number of your aircraft and countrymen & women are based.

Claims to fame - not a huge number - several years ago I was involved with Greenbelt including helping set up the HotHouse (a debate venue) and running the Fringe. And it very much looks like I'm probably going to be going back for the first time in several years in 2015 - another long story.

Oh yeah, and in the last couple of months I've found myself running (if anyone can be said to be in charge of it) an online pub [Yipee]

Anything else you want to know (well except for bank account details) then feel free to ask - I don't think I'm that scary or unapproachable.

Tony

Hello Chenab, and welcome aboard! [Smile]

You'll find pretty well everything you need to know in the FAQ and 10 Commandments pages (links at the top of this page).

Happy sailing,

Piglet,
All Saints Host

Posted by geroff (# 3882) on :

Chenab - the highest bridge in the world apparently. But I only find references to you when I Google Chenab engines.

OK quick version of the Chenab name - I've always been into steam engines and one particular set which fascinate me and that I'm researching in odd moments are the Thompson Road Steamers from the 1870s invented by a gentleman Robert William Thomson in Leith.
Four of them that were made in Ipswich went out to India for the Government and they were named after rivers, Chenab, Ravee, Hindus and Sutlej.
So when I needed a name to use on a traction engine related board then Chenab was an obvious one for me to use.
Odd piece of engineering history - Robert William Thomson invented the pneumatic tyre long before Dunlop whose patent was later cancelled because of that.

Posted by North East Quine (# 13049) on :

Welcome chenab. I live not a million miles from Robert William Thomson's birthplace.

Should I be concerned that the FAQ makes no mention of buoyancy aids needing to be worn at any point?
They seem to view that as quite important at the local sailing club.

quote:
Originally posted by chenab:
Should I be concerned that the FAQ makes no mention of buoyancy aids needing to be worn at any point?
They seem to view that as quite important at the local sailing club.

We just walk on water.

[Overused]

Posted by Canucklehead (# 1595) on :

Hello everybody. My profile tells me that I've been a shipmate since 2001. Of course, my most recent post is nearly the same vintage. As a matter of fact, it's been 3-years since I pestered Scott for my password. Alright, so I'm not the most prolific poster, but for better or for worse, I'm back. Who knows, I might even chime in on one of the conversations in Purgatory (which I don't even believe in), or even down in Heck.

[ 02. December 2014, 04:22: Message edited by: Canucklehead ]

Posted by Lyda*Rose (# 4544) on :

[Cool]

Welcome back. Some people just come back around by the scenic route.

Good to see you here Canucklehead.

[Angel]

Welcome back from over here on the other side of Canada. [Smile]

Posted by Barefoot Friar (# 13100) on :

I'm not new here by any means, but it's the first time I've come aboard in quite awhile. It's nice to see everyone's still here. Just thought I'd say hello.

Good to see you back, Barefoot Friar.

© Ship of Fools 2016