Thread: Composer Quiz Board: Oblivion / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=028114

Posted by Lyda*Rose (# 4544) on :

I rather enjoyed this What's Your Classical Composer Personality? quiz. I turned out to be Tchaikovsky and how I matched the description wasn't half bad. Give it a try. [Smile]

Posted by Pigwidgeon (# 10192) on :

I'm also Tchaikovsky, but I had to skip the Star Trek question since I've never watched it and don't know the characters. Also, for most of the questions I wanted to answer "none of the above" (e.g., the career question).

Posted by Sioni Sais (# 5713) on :

Brahms. Am I that predictable?

Posted by LeRoc (# 3216) on :

I'm Mozart. Could be worse I guess.

But my favourite TOS crew member was definitely not on that list.

Posted by FooloftheShip (# 15579) on :

Beethoven. Reading the description, someone could be trying to tell me something......

You are Ludwig van Beethoven. You like to push boundaries and are never satisfied with the status quo. Setbacks motivate you to find more creative solutions and your determination is admirable. Occasionally seen by others as irascible or stubborn, your gruff demeanor hides a surprisingly compassionate heart. You’re a little bit lonely and don’t make friends very easily, but you’re extremely loyal to those you care about. Thoughtful and focused, you’re more likely to take a walk in the woods to sort out your problems than talk to someone about them.

[ 18. August 2014, 17:33: Message edited by: FooloftheShip ]

Posted by Heavenly Anarchist (# 13313) on :

Johann Sebastian Bach [Smile]

Posted by Caissa (# 16710) on :

Johann Sebastian Bach

Posted by Timothy the Obscure (# 292) on :

I'm Tchaikovsky too, and I have to admit the description was in the ballpark.

Posted by jedijudy (# 333) on :

quote:
You are Johann Sebastian Bach. The smartest person you know, you don’t suffer incompetence easily and are more than willing to tackle difficult projects yourself rather than trust them to others. Highly intellectual, you crave order, discipline and structure – let’s be honest, you probably have your picture next to “perfectionist” in the dictionary. Unfortunately, your brilliance is likely to go largely unappreciated by those around you, and you’re going to have to wait for future generations to recognize your genius.
Yes!!! My man! [Big Grin]

Posted by Chorister (# 473) on :

Another Tchaikovsky. For those who got someone else, here is the Tchaikov description: "You are Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky. You’re a little bit of a conundrum. You probably love to travel and see new things, but you shirk the spotlight and aren’t very comfortable around people. You’re your own harshest critic, but you’re great at solving problems, whether you know it or not. Mysterious and more than a little bit shy, you see music and art as an emotional outlet and important form of expression for the occasionally overwhelming moments in everyday life."

Posted by Autenrieth Road (# 10509) on :

quote:
You are Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. You epitomize the work hard-play hard philosophy. You excel in your chosen field through a combination of exceptional talent and crazy hard work. (People have probably had to force you to take a vacation more than once.) Yet, you’re also the life of the party wherever you go – you’ve got a great sense of humor and a distinct sense of style. While this means you can occasionally come off as a bit stuck-up or irresponsible, pretty much everyone wants to be your friend.

Posted by Welease Woderwick (# 10424) on :

Hardly surprising that I'm another Tchaikovsky though I think I'd rather have been someone like Berlioz or Puccini. I'm just thankful I didn't turn out to be Wagner!

Posted by Pearl B4 Swine (# 11451) on :

J.S. Bach
I love how he considered himself a craftsman, using the materials at hand to supreme advantage. Though I think, in my case, twenty-some children might be a stumbling block [Roll Eyes]

Posted by Starbug (# 15917) on :

Another Tchaikovsky here. The description was spot on.

Posted by Starbug (# 15917) on :

Another Tchaikovsky here. The description was spot on.

Posted by orfeo (# 13878) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
Hardly surprising that I'm another Tchaikovsky though I think I'd rather have been someone like Berlioz or Puccini. I'm just thankful I didn't turn out to be Wagner!

It's fairly obvious just by looking at the quiz there are only 5 possible answers - and Berlioz, Puccini and Wagner aren't among them.

This thread already mentions them all - Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Brahms and Tchaikovsky. No-one's going to get anything else.

[ 20. August 2014, 16:03: Message edited by: orfeo ]

Posted by pimple (# 10635) on :

Fooloftheship, I'm with you. Sorry about that [Biased]

Posted by Welease Woderwick (# 10424) on :

quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:

It's fairly obvious just by looking at the quiz there are only 5 possible answers - and Berlioz, Puccini and Wagner aren't among them.

This thread already mentions them all - Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Brahms and Tchaikovsky. No-one's going to get anything else.

Sad really - it would be so cool if piglet got Thomas Tallis or if someone else got Satie or Bellini or Donizetti - or even Hildegard of Bingen.

Posted by Sioni Sais (# 5713) on :

I'm surprised there isn't a Satie option. He was as mad as a bag of rats so any fruitcake detected could be given that (anyone who dresses in grey velvet suits and eats only white foods for many years has to be unhinged).

Posted by L'organist (# 17338) on :

Apparently I'm Beethoven.

A man who wrote nothing for the organ.

Posted by St. Stephen the Stoned (# 9841) on :

I'm Beethoven too. Who knew?

Eh?

Posted by piglet (# 11803) on :

I tried it twice with mostly different answers each time, and both times I got Tchaikovsky.

They're talking b*ll*cks: I'd be Orlando Gibbons. [Big Grin]

Posted by Cameron PM (# 18142) on :

I took on Mozart.
When I took the Doc Martin quiz, I got Doc Martin. Must be a connexion somewhere

Posted by bib (# 13074) on :

I appear to be Bach, which pleases me as he has always been my favourite composer.

Posted by Sir Kevin (# 3492) on :

I am Mozart: dunno how hard I work, above average a lot of the time. I do tend to play hard about as often as not. Dunno if I would really like to head up a non-profit, but as a married man with barely four years as an undergraduate I could not be a priest in the Roman Catholic Church, though I do what I can as a layman.

© Ship of Fools 2016