Thread: Do you already Go With The Flow ? Board: Oblivion / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=028128

Posted by Doublethink. (# 1984) on :

This is a poll linked to the purgatory discussion here.

Don't worry, it's anonymous !

Posted by Spike (# 36) on :

The first four questions open with "Do you regularly ..." but the fitth opens with "Do you ever ..." Is there a reason for this?

Probability ?

Currently, the majority of respondents regularly pee in the shower. Which suggests the go with the flow campaign maybe over estimating the potential water savings.

Posted by Sioni Sais (# 5713) on :

On the basis that bears **** in the woods I have taken the view that they indeed are designed for defecation.

Posted by LeRoc (# 3216) on :

quote:
Sioni Sais: On the basis that bears **** in the woods I have taken the view that they indeed are designed for defecation.
That was my doubt too.

The woods are not an appliance !

I assumed anyone who has camped or been caught short on a long journey (or in country with no public conveniences) will have discombobulated behind a bush at some point.

Perhaps I should have put in an extra question.

Posted by Sioni Sais (# 5713) on :

My bad, I thought the privacy afforded by trees and bushes, plus the wide availability of dock leaves shows the woods to be equipment at the very least.

Posted by LeRoc (# 3216) on :

(What a way to make your 20,000'th post.)

Commentary

(Mildly NSFW)

[ 10. October 2014, 21:59: Message edited by: Doublethink. ]

Posted by Uncle Pete (# 10422) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink.:
Commentary

(Mildly NSFW)

Not available in Canada. Tease!

Posted by Welease Woderwick (# 10424) on :

Nor India [Waterworks]

Posted by mousethief (# 953) on :

Nor the United States of this one anyway.

Posted by jedijudy (# 333) on :

Nor the opposite corner of the United States from mousethief.

Posted by Timothy the Obscure (# 292) on :

I tried peeing in the shower once. It was mildly unpleasant (odorwise) so I haven't done it since. But I suppose I could get used to it.

Posted by Kelly Alves (# 2522) on :

Decent water pressure will make it wash down with the water. After that-- soap and shampoo combines with water to remove the smell.

If you do make the water conservation choice, just pee before you do anything else.

And y'all men can aim for the drain, can't you?

[ 11. October 2014, 06:01: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

Posted by North East Quine (# 13049) on :

In the sink??

Our sinks are at waist height on me, so any attempt to pee in one would involve either an undignified scramble, or a stepladder. Followed by a trip to A&E to stitch up the lacerations caused when the sink came away from the wall and smashed on the floor with me on it. Followed by an expensive plumbers bill to replace the sink.

I think it is more a male thing. Though strikes me it would be uncomfortable.

Posted by mousethief (# 953) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Timothy the Obscure:
I tried peeing in the shower once. It was mildly unpleasant (odorwise) so I haven't done it since. But I suppose I could get used to it.

If your pee is so malodorous that you can smell it with the shower running, you either need to drink a lot more water, and/or you have a bladder infection.

Posted by Schroedinger's cat (# 64) on :

I have been known to pee in the shower, but only when I was staying somewhere with a shower in the room, but no toilet. It was purely convenience, not having to wait until I was dressed.

I have been known to poop outside, but only when I was desperate and there was not real choice.

Some of you are disgusting.

Posted by ChastMastr (# 716) on :

You're already cleaning your body of far worse things, right? [Confused] So why not??

I am more intrigued by the three responses saying they crap in things other than toilets - now I know from posts on this thread that one response is in error referring to crapping in the woods. But what are the other two doing - defecating in a saucepan, in the bath, in the microwave [Confused] enquiring minds want to know.

Posted by The5thMary (# 12953) on :

quote:
I am more intrigued by the three responses saying they crap in things other than toilets - now I know from posts on this thread that one response is in error referring to crapping in the woods. But what are the other two doing - defecating in a saucepan, in the bath, in the microwave [Confused] enquiring minds want to know.

I am envisioning someone crapping in the cat's litter box. I saw Shia LeBouef (spelled?) trying to do that in some movie about J.F.K. Shia's character was out of his mind with LSD, so there's that...

Re the (currently?) three responses on bowels, I certainly know people who have digestive issues, and I won't go into more detail about that, but such situations needn't be as weird as some of the things we might otherwise be imagining.

[ 13. October 2014, 02:13: Message edited by: ChastMastr ]

quote:
I assumed anyone who has camped or been caught short on a long journey (or in country with no public conveniences) will have discombobulated behind a bush at some point.

Note to self, never ever go camping where toilets are not available. [Eek!]

Posted by chive (# 208) on :

When I lived in halls with a manky bloke who peed in the sink (even when you were sitting in his room chatting to him) we removed the u bend from it and funnily enough he stopped doing it.

Posted by Bob Two-Owls (# 9680) on :

Does the definition of an "appliance" include a jiffybag addressed to Nick Clegg? If so the results may become a little skewed by Sheffield usage...

Actually I got the last question wrong. I forgot the time I had to use my climbing helmet when half way up a long wall climb in Norway. It is considered good etiquette when climbing to not drob "bombs" on the rest of the party below.

Posted by Zappa (# 8433) on :

Um ... where did you then place your helmet?

Posted by Bob Two-Owls (# 9680) on :

I waited for the solids to freeze then snapped them off and bagged them up to carry out. A quick rub of snow to clean the cradle and then back on the head (over a woolly hat of course).

© Ship of Fools 2016