Thread: How spikey are you? Board: Oblivion / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=028139

Posted by Spike (# 36) on :

Fun little game to see where you are on the candle. I got "top of the flame"

Play here

Posted by Sipech (# 16870) on :

Bottom of the candle - it's wonderfully liberating to be free of all waffly liturgical nonsense! Just stick to gospel and all shall be well.

Posted by Welease Woderwick (# 10424) on :

A Quaker and still Top of the Flame! - well I was an Anglo-Catholic before so I do know a bit about it.

Posted by Sioni Sais (# 5713) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
A Quaker and still Top of the Flame! - well I was an Anglo-Catholic before so I do know a bit about it.

I'll bet there's a candle on your Meeting's table. No idea what size it is though!

Posted by Paul. (# 37) on :

Bottom of the candle - hardly surprising as I didn't know what half the things were. A "boat boy"? Who knew that was a thing?

Posted by Kitten (# 1179) on :

Bottom of the candle, I'm relieved to say

Posted by leo (# 1458) on :

top of the flame despite preferring albs to cottas

Posted by Adeodatus (# 4992) on :

Top of the flame.

Some of the options weren't quite right. For instance, the real answer to the question "When should you use incense?" is "When shouldn't you?"

Posted by Heavenly Anarchist (# 13313) on :

Bottom, of course, those years at St Helen's Bishopsgate mean I know nothing about candles.

Posted by Ad Orientem (# 17574) on :

quote:
Originally posted by leo:

I answered "work of the devil". LOL!

Posted by Schroedinger's cat (# 64) on :

Bottom, of course. I should actually have been half way down the wax, because most of my answers were "Do I look as if I give a crap?"

Posted by Piglet (# 11803) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Ad Orientem:
quote:
Originally posted by leo:

I answered "work of the devil". LOL!
So did I - IMHO cassock-albs are only fit for being torn up and used as dusters by the Altar Guild.

[Devil]

Top of the candle for me too, but in honesty I'm probably not quite as spikey as that - we're a bit more middle-of-the-road at our shack. There didn't really seem to be any MOTR answers in the quiz though, so I erred on the side of spikiness. [Big Grin]

Posted by basso (# 4228) on :

The quiz wouldn't give me an answer - it just looped back to the beginning. I think my answers must have been contradictory enough to scramble its algorithm.

I spent enough time with the Anglo-Catholics that I knew what was being talked about, but I don't think I'm A-C at all anymore.

Posted by Boogie (# 13538) on :

Me?

A puddle of used wax on the altar.

Posted by Adam. (# 4991) on :

Those servers need a better server, IYSWIM. It kept timing out on me.

Posted by Ariel (# 58) on :

That does be desperately slow. I got as far as Q. 2 before it timed out - may try again tomorrow.

quote:
Originally posted by Adeodatus:
Some of the options weren't quite right. For instance, the real answer to the question "When should you use incense?" is "When shouldn't you?"

Absolutely. Fancy restricting it to only Sundays.

Posted by St. Gwladys (# 14504) on :

No surprise - bottom of the candle.

Posted by L'organist (# 17338) on :

Top of the flame for me.

Don't quite see how: I just know stuff, doesn't mean I support it...

Posted by Lamb Chopped (# 5528) on :

Top of the flame for me, and I'm an LCMS Lutheran of the we're-too-poor-to-have-anything mission type! [Killing me]

I guess you folks have infected me...

Posted by Wet Kipper (# 1654) on :

all the questions could have done with a "I don't understand what you're talking about" option

Posted by Sioni Sais (# 5713) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Wet Kipper:
all the questions could have done with a "I don't understand what you're talking about" option

I think that would indicate an 'Our church has flourescent lights' result.

Posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider (# 76) on :

Could have done with "does it really matter?" as an answer for most questions.

Posted by Kelly Alves (# 2522) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Lamb Chopped:
Top of the flame for me, and I'm an LCMS Lutheran of the we're-too-poor-to-have-anything mission type! [Killing me]

I guess you folks have infected me...

The Lutherans are just far enough up the candle to appreciate the smartass remarks, I guess.

Posted by pimple (# 10635) on :

Top of the flame, and Ship's biggest liar!

Posted by Sir Kevin (# 3492) on :

quote:
Originally posted by L'organist:
Top of the flame for me.

Also, I am RC.

Posted by Starbug (# 15917) on :

Bottom of the candle. It said 'You have done very badly and would probably be happier with a Worship Leader and bashing a tambourine' - actually, I'd be happier with a tambourine and bashing a worship leader! [Devil]

Posted by Oscar the Grouch (# 1916) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Starbug:
Bottom of the candle. It said 'You have done very badly and would probably be happier with a Worship Leader and bashing a tambourine' - actually, I'd be happier with a tambourine and bashing a worship leader! [Devil]

Ditto.

(But if I am able to bash the worship leader with the tambourine, can I be allowed to add spikes to it before hand?)

Posted by jedijudy (# 333) on :

Bottom of the candle. No, really!

I think they asked the wrong questions!

Posted by Wet Kipper (# 1654) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:
Originally posted by Wet Kipper:

I think that would indicate an 'Our church has flourescent lights' result.
complete with Badminton courts marked out on the floor

Posted by Curiosity killed ... (# 11770) on :

I got top of the candle, which didn't entirely surprise me.

I did wonder if the big six was a trick question.

Posted by mousethief (# 953) on :

This is all about Anglican spikey. The questions don't work at all for Orthodoxen. And I'll put my candle up against your candle any day.

Posted by The5thMary (# 12953) on :

I was upset to get Bottom Of The Candle, so I took the quiz again and didn't choose any of the snarky answers and then got Top Of The Flame. I really don't care for all the pomp and ceremony of a typical Catholic Mass anymore--it was incredibly dull when I was a child and it seems to me to be a waste of time now, but something ingrained in me--some little bit of Catholic pride, I guess, put my nose out of joint that I got Bottom Of The Candle so I went back and re-did the quiz. Hmmph. Guess I'm still Catholic, to some degree. My dear friends, Sister Mary and Sister Karen, Sisters of Providence will be pleased, I suppose. [Biased]

Posted by The5thMary (# 12953) on :

quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
This is all about Anglican spikey. The questions don't work at all for Orthodoxen. And I'll put my candle up against your candle any day.

Isn't it just like a man to pull out his..."candle" and compare it to another man's "candle"! [Devil] [Killing me]

Posted by Tree Bee (# 4033) on :

Both bottom of the candle and irritated by grammatical errors. Like others I needed a 'huh!' option.

Posted by North East Quine (# 13049) on :

This Presbyterian got "bottom of the candle" which is inaccurate as I don't think there should be any candles.

Posted by Deputy Verger (# 15876) on :

Top of the flaming Big Six. Only six??!!?!?!

© Ship of Fools 2016