Thread: What you did while the Ship was in dock Board: Oblivion / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=029057

Posted by Porridge (# 15405) on :

And how many times did you forget and try to get aboard?

As for me, I re-arranged furniture, and clicked four times before getting it through my brain that the Ship was closed.

Posted by Welease Woderwick (# 10424) on :

I went away on a trip! It was good.

Posted by Uncle Pete (# 10422) on :

The Ship was down? Well no matter, I only did the Crew's Quiz on the weekend. Cooked, did laundry, ate and slept.

Posted by Sipech (# 16870) on :

I did a load of gardening. I now have a pile of leaves, weeds, cuttings, etc. that is about 4 feet high and with a diameter of about 6 feet.

Also stood around and watched Measure For Measure at the Globe theatre on Saturday night.

Think I only checked the ship about 4 times, mainly just to see if the deck-swabbing had finished early.

Posted by Pigwidgeon (# 10192) on :

I did a 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle in two days. It usually takes me about twice that long.

Posted by Brenda Clough (# 18061) on :

Only clicked twice.
I went to two separate barbecue cookouts, watched Womens World Cup Soccer, and searched in vain for something to afflict upon my hero in the front end of the novel.

Posted by Boogie (# 13538) on :

I clicked several times - and my house has never, ever been so clean!

[Smile]

Posted by Stetson (# 9597) on :

Lost my faith.

(Joke, but only slightly, as the Ship probably is my main source of Christian inspiration.)

[ 06. July 2015, 14:53: Message edited by: Stetson ]

Posted by Zacchaeus (# 14454) on :

it felt like eternity- I thought maybe the message lied when it said i will survive.. [Smile]

Posted by MrsBeaky (# 17663) on :

I deliberately clicked once so I could get the flood warning message and feel connected to the Ship.....
My husband and I both succumbed to a vile tropical stomach bug and so I spent the weekend feeling somewhat sorry for myself.
Hey ho

Posted by Pigwidgeon (# 10192) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
I clicked several times - and my house has never, ever been so clean!

[Smile]

That's good, with a new baby arriving.
[Smile]

Posted by Doublethink. (# 1984) on :

Reread the mumsnet penisbeaker thread, and googled ways to fit a swimming pool into my tiny garden without taking out a second mortgage.

Posted by Graven Image (# 8755) on :

A lot of 4th of July stuff going on in my neck of the woods, but I did click twice just to make sure.

Posted by Ariel (# 58) on :

Had two lovely days out in the countryside. I also went to a William Morris Arts & Crafts exhibition which had a matching wildflower meadow, caught up on reading books and watching telly, learnt a fair bit of Spanish and enjoyed shopping for and eating tapas at home. There's enough left to make a decent lunchbox, which carries that holiday feeling into the week.

News junkie that I am, I also kept abreast of current affairs in case war broke out or the Grexit (which sounds like some kind of prehistoric monster) emerged.

Posted by Sioni Sais (# 5713) on :

Aided by Eldest and Middle Son, kept out of the way of a babyshower (ie, went to pub), hosted a BBQ then tidied up and rested.

Posted by Banner Lady (# 10505) on :

Clicked once at the end of a long day after minding a hyper active 7 year old. Too tired to be emotional about it. Just thought "Oh, it's a maintenance day. They'll be back on-line by tomorrow morning."

And here we are. But as I pick up the aforementioned 7 yr old in less than an hour, this will be my sole contribution to the ship for another working day.

Prayers ascending for all those other grandparents on school holiday rosters. We work for love, and love the work but it can be very s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g. Some of us are not as elastic as we once were....

Posted by Alan Cresswell (# 31) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Clough:
searched in vain for something to afflict upon my hero in the front end of the novel.

That shouldn't have been so hard ... he needs to be afflicted by inability to access the Ship of Fools Discussion Boards.

Posted by leo (# 1458) on :

I tried to customise a new mobile phone - am still trying!

Posted by Piglet (# 11803) on :

I've had a filthy cold, so I spent most of the weekend coughing.

At least I won't have given it to any of you ... [Big Grin]

Posted by Sparrow (# 2458) on :

After the first time, I just clicked once a day to see if it was back.

Spent my time watching Wimbledon. But I would have done that anyway.

Posted by balaam (# 4543) on :

I had my usual Ship tab open, with the message. It took several hours for me to realise I had to refresh on Monday in order to see the Ship, so had a longer break than most.

Posted by Pomona (# 17175) on :

I was on retreat at OSC Freeland, trying to be a contemplative and failing.

Posted by Hedgehog (# 14125) on :

Let me think... I had my washer/dryer break completely and need to be replaced. My car had a couple warning lights go off, so I scheduled an appointment with my mechanic. And I called the vet to schedule an appointment for my sick cat. I think I can fairly well promise that the money going out far exceeds the money coming in at this point. Not that I blame the Ship for all of that. The cat being sick was probably just a coincidence.

Posted by rolyn (# 16840) on :

Turned over the compost heap.

Surprisingly therapeutic, if not quite as informative as scrolling the Ship.

Posted by ArachnidinElmet (# 17346) on :

Went for a walk and talk around Waterton Park in Wakefield, former home of Charles Waterton, 19th century naturalist and hero of David Attenborough. The park was apparently the world's first nature reserve in the modern sense of the word, Waterton differing from his contemporaries in wanting to save birds rather than shoot them. If the HS2 scheme goes ahead, the rail line will cut the park in two; Attenborough's trying to apply for World Heritage status for site. Very impressive for somewhere only known locally as a venue for weddings with an adjoining golf course.

A 2 mile walk turned into a 5½ mile scramble and I'm full of midge bites, but it was fascinating.

Posted by Jengie jon (# 273) on :

How I wish my father had known that; it might have saved us from a few cold evenings at Fairburn Ings.

Jengie

© Ship of Fools 2016