Thread: Votive offerings for Host, Admins and other grandees of the boards 2015 Board: Oblivion / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=029361

Posted by Jengie jon (# 273) on :

These boards run smoothly thanks to the efforts of RooK and a relatively small group of volunteers. Every so often there is a thread where shipmates can sign up to send a token of their appreciation to RooK and the hosts on behalf of all shipmates. Traditionally that was chocolate but in this there is no reason to be traditional! Other than risking banning for sending non-chocolate to RooK.

Aside from the required portions sent to RooK in the USA, Hosts and Admins opt in, and will add any important info, e.g. allergies, plus what country they're in.

Post here to offer tribute. Give an idea of where you are based and please say if you are able to send to a different country. Sorry, but you can't specify a particular person to send to other than RooK. I would be grateful if one or two shipmates would offer to be reserve senders in case RooK doesn't get enough.

There is no guarantee I will be able to allocate a recipient to you other than RooK, as this depends on numbers of people participating. Post here by 15th July to join in.

I will PM the recipients the name of their suggested sender, and then post a list of matches on the thread. All senders please PM their recipient, asking for their address. I do not gather addresses of hosts so won't be able to help with this.

Would H&As please post here when they receive their goodies, so I know who still has to receive. If RooK doesn't receive his tribute, he'll just ban you. Around the end of August, I will check the thread to see what is happening with recipients who have not received, along with who appears to be banned. Then I will make a final allocation using any unallocated senders including the reserves to RooK. The thread should be finished by the end of September.

Suggested price guideline: region of £5-10/US$7.50-15 or the local equivalent for non-RooK offerings.

Now I have said that, let the fun commence!

Jengie

[edited because I forgot to sign]
[improved]

[ 09. July 2015, 05:24: Message edited by: RooK ]

Posted by Kelly Alves (# 2522) on :

I know my fellow hosts and admins are shy and retiring and would hate to seem greedy goats by posting first on this thread, so let me sacrifice myself by saying, "Bring it!!!"

And thank you, Jengie jon!

[ 28. June 2015, 19:39: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

Posted by jedijudy (# 333) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
And thank you, Jengie jon!

Amen!!

I'll be second here, to help Kelly break the ice.

My home is in Florida, USA, and as much as I love the chokorit very kind and generous Shipmates have sent in the past, I am going to ask for something nontraditional, as the traditional tribute is a melted (but tasty!) mass by the time it gets to my hotter than blazes mailbox.

Yay!
[Yipee]

Posted by North East Quine (# 13049) on :

I'll post anywhere. I can offer chocolate, tablet, or non-melty sweeties.

[ 28. June 2015, 22:01: Message edited by: North East Quine ]

By tablet you mean toffee? (drool)

Posted by Piglet (# 11803) on :

Thanks very much, Jengie - I'm a sucker for milk chocolate. Count me very in. [Smile]

Posted by Mamacita (# 3659) on :

Yes please! I gratefully accept gifts of chocolate or any goodies you want to send.

Thank you, Jengie jon!

Posted by Lothlorien (# 4927) on :

Sounds wonderful! I am in Australia where it is currently winter. Like Mamacita, anything would be gratefully received. However I much prefer dark chocolate to milk and the darker the better. I eat the 90% generally here.

Any offering will be accepted, chocolate or otherwise and thanks to Jengie for organising this.

Posted by Smudgie (# 2716) on :

Far be it from me to make my fellow hosts look bad by withholding from this little thread.
It would be churlish of me to refuse the generosity and kindness of my fellow shipmates.
I'm just not that kind of penguin.
No nuts or coconut please, milk rather than dark, traditional or non-traditional. I'm easily pleased [Big Grin]

Posted by Ariston (# 10894) on :

Okay, outamyway, move it, walk left stand right, it's time to put my snoot firmly in the trough and go "oink!"

I like all things local, though, if you want to send chocolate, I have no objections. Of course, if you want to save a pound or two on postage (aka "send your favorite cuddly Hellhost more chocolate"), or just want the chocolate to not suffer the indignities of international transit (RIP Paschal Penguin Parcel) and DC's torpid summer, I have fewer than no objections to anything ordered from Ye Olde Local Chocorrit Shoppe.

Posted by Curiosity killed ... (# 11770) on :

I'll offer and post anywhere. Local offerings aren't that easy - the local speciality sausages won't do so well in the heat either.

Posted by Japes (# 5358) on :

I am happy to offer to post chocolate, or other goodies anywhere in the world.

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
By tablet you mean toffee? (drool)

Tablet

I can also offer Scottish boiled sweets. Or chocolate. Scotland is a good place for teeth rotting sugariness. (It makes you feel like this, [Big Grin] but with fewer teeth)

Posted by Heavenly Anarchist (# 13313) on :

Happy to post anywhere.

Posted by Marvin the Martian (# 4360) on :

I'm in.

Chocolate is, of course, a perfectly acceptable offering, but I'm also a sucker for a good strong cheese or red wine if my allocated sender happens to live somewhere that is noted for such things. Other offerings will also be given fair consideration should the sender wish to discuss the matter in advance.

No nuts of any kind. Seriously. Sending me nuts will be considered a personal attack (and/or attempted murder) and may result in a summary suspension of a duration not exceeding two ice ages.

Posted by marzipan (# 9442) on :

I'm in. Based in Ireland but I'll send anywhere.

Posted by jacobsen (# 14998) on :

Count me in. UK based but will send anywhere, allowing for the fact that last time I sent to Oz the Gestapo confiscated everything except the card.

Posted by Kittyville (# 16106) on :

Blimey, Jacobsen - what were you trying to send?!

I'm happy to be in - A list or reserve. In Australia, but can send anywhere.

Posted by Moo (# 107) on :

I note that another host has indicated an interest in tablet. I have heard so many references to it on the ship and would love to taste some, but at present it appears we have only one donor, and someone else spoke first.

I like dark chocolate very much, but it doesn't stand the summer heat very well.

I would also welcome something typical of the place where the donor lives. It gives me a picture of what different shippies' homes are like.

I live in Virginia.

Moo

Posted by Ariel (# 58) on :

Thanks very much to Jengie for coming up with this idea, and thanks to all the nice people who are kindly offering. I always feel a bit embarrassed about posting to this thread but if anyone is up for it that would be very kind of you.

I prefer dark to milk chocolate but don’t usually have a problem eating either. I have many favourites, but I’d rather someone else made the choice; it would be nice to have a surprise. I’m happy to try new flavours as well as old favourites. The only things I really don’t like are white chocolate, toffees, Marmite or Guinness chocolate, and extremely dark chocolate (90%-plus variety).

quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
I note that another host has indicated an interest in tablet. I have heard so many references to it on the ship and would love to taste some, but at present it appears we have only one donor, and someone else spoke first.

I have already tried it. I just wasn't sure if it was the stuff I tried. Go for it.

Are we supposed to post preferences here? I like anything in the caramel/ toffee family, most nuts ( except walnut) and I prefer milk chocolate to dark. Local stuff is appreciated, too.

[ 29. June 2015, 14:46: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

Posted by Gwai (# 11076) on :

Yay lovely people! Count me as another host appreciatively in.

Please no peanuts as my daughter (who I might share with depending on how greedy I'm feeling) and I are allergic. Carmel and other nuts are enjoyed but honestly if you're talking about giving me chocolate or whatever I promise to appreciatively enjoy whatever you do give!

quote:
Originally posted by Kittyville:
Blimey, Jacobsen - what were you trying to send?!.

Have you never watched Border Security: Australia's Front Line? We get it several times a day over here, and from what I've observed, you're very particular about what sort of things (especially edible things) you allow into your country. No blame to you - you've got a wonderful ecosystem into which you don't want to introduce any nasty wee beasties (or even plants with evil intentions). [Eek!]

Perhaps it would be best for the Australian hosts to receive things from within Australia: Amazon may be your friend. We got a lovely package of Canadian cheese and crackers with a little cheeseboard for Christmas from D's sister in England, which had come via Amazon.ca. Is it possible that Amazon.au does something similar?
quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:

it's time to put my snoot firmly in the trough and go "oink!" ...

Hang on a minute - isn't that my prerogative? [Big Grin]

Posted by Welease Woderwick (# 10424) on :

I am reluctant to join in as sending anything here from elsewhere can be traumatically expensive and also you are not allowed to send food items by post in India. Plus I am hugely allergic to chocolate - a single small bar could have me in bed for days, which doesn't seem very fair.

However Amazon.in is a pretty reliable supplier and I notice they have things like this at not unreasonable prices so I might be convinced to join in this year.

Posted by Boogie (# 13538) on :

I'm in as a sendee [Smile]

Posted by Qoheleth. (# 9265) on :

count me in as a tributory

Posted by Ferijen (# 4719) on :

Happy to send anywhere, to anyone, from the UK. Limited internet access for the next few weeks, so my offerings won't hit the post til the end of July...

Posted by Doublethink. (# 1984) on :

Tis very kind of all involved [Smile]

I am a UK based milk chocolate lover.

Rules for allocation stipulate that as far as possible people are paired who live in the same continent.

If anyone really wants to send abroad please state. I am not saying anyone will, it might just be my peculiarity.

Jengie

Jengie, this may have already been mentioned but my brain is mush this morning. Another way of avoiding postage is to buy online in the country of recipient. Of course, sometimes the exchange rate is still a killer.

Yes it has been mentioned. Indeed the last time I sent abroad I chose something British and then found an importer to deliver it abroad. This was cheaper than the postage.

Jengie

Posted by John Holding (# 158) on :

Far be it from me to stand aside from such a noble Ship tradition.

I'm in Canada and love dark chocolate.

John

I am happy to spread the Joy of Tablet anywhere that the Postal Service will take it.

I have previously attempted to send tablet to Australia and it didn't arrive, but I don't know if it just got lost or was intercepted (described it as fudge on the customs slip, because I knew that "tablet" might sound as though I was posting drugs)

Tangent/ Home prepared foodstuffs may be more of an issue than commercially produced things. I've never had anything taken off me when returning from the UK, although perhaps the Customs officers got distracted by the Marmite vs Vegemite Question./End tangent

Posted by Alan Cresswell (# 31) on :

Count me in to receive. I'll be in Scotland until the end of August, then back in Japan, if that makes any difference to anyone.

Posted by dj_ordinaire (# 4643) on :

Ooh, how lovely to see [Smile]

If anyone wants to send some sweet chocolately goodies over to Ireland, it would be greatly appreciated!

Posted by Imaginary Friend (# 186) on :

I would be very happy to receive anything sugary (I'm not quite sweet enough yet [Biased] ) if someone is happy to send something to Sweden. Thanks!

Unusually a lot of hosts willing to receive and fewer shipmates than usual willing to send.

Jengie

I'll bow out if needed.

I'm the new kid on the block, so would also withdraw if needed.

Posted by ArachnidinElmet (# 17346) on :

I'd be happy to post something to a host: chocolate or whatever. I am also in a position to provide Pontefract cakes or rhubarb and custard (the boiled sweet, as real custard tends to leak through the jiffy bag).

I've already told Jengie I am happy to send to Hosts, if need be. Don't bow out. (Y'all fellow Admins are on your own [Big Grin] )

The second half of the post was to say, that if shipmates have been disappointed not to send to hosts in the past, now is a good time to volunteer as you have a higher chance of getting one.

Jengie

Posted by Cottontail (# 12234) on :

I'd be happy to send goodies anywhere, to anyone! Chocolate has been more than earned.

Posted by Sarasa (# 12271) on :

I'm happy to send to anyone, anywhere.

quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink.:
I'll bow out if needed.

So will I if needed.

Posted by Uncle Pete (# 10422) on :

I can do either Canada or India.

I'll do sending to other Hosts too, if necessary.

Posted by Tubbs (# 440) on :

I was going to volunteer, but now I feel guilty! [Hot and Hormonal]

Tubbs

Posted by kingsfold (# 1726) on :

I'm happy to send goody bags wherever you like.

Posted by Doc Tor (# 9748) on :

It would seem churlish in the extreme to eschew such generosity.

So... dark for me. Darker the better. No weirdness like chilli or flowers, but spiced, nuts, berries, citrus would be fine. I'm in the UK.

quote:
Originally posted by Jengie jon:
The second half of the post was to say, that if shipmates have been disappointed not to send to hosts in the past, now is a good time to volunteer as you have a higher chance of getting one.

Jengie

In that case-- quick, get your bid in before the big shutdown!

Doc, I like your attitude.

Posted by Beethoven (# 114) on :

I'm not on here much nowadays, but am very glad that the ship keeps sailing. Very happy to send a token of appreciation. I'm in UK.

Posted by Patdys (# 9397) on :

Happy to cough up nationally or internationally.

Posted by RooK (# 1852) on :

CHOCORRIT

Uh oh.

RooK's shouting for CHOCORRIT [Help]

Posted by Lamb Chopped (# 5528) on :

just wait till he whimpers...

OP improved. You are welcome.

Posted by Palimpsest (# 16772) on :

I would be happy to post anywhere. I live in Seattle, but I'm not sure Chocolate will make it in the heat. That's too bad because I work across the street from a small chocolate factory. Perhaps the chocolate covered dried cherries would make it in the heat.

There another local product for people who don't like sweets. Scappy's Bitters is across the street from where I work. I haven't been in and I don't think they sell there. However from time to time they tell us to haul away as many organic oranges and grapefruits that have had all the zest removed.

I'll leave it others to decide who might deserve bitters rather than sweets [Biased]

Shameless, shameless greed, RooK.

You should all teach him a lesson and send all his chocolate to me.

quote:
Originally posted by Palimpsest:
...I'll leave it others to decide who might deserve bitters rather than sweets [Biased]

Serious GIN drinkers - there are a few of them amongst the Hs and As.

quote:
posted by RooK: OP improved. You are welcome.
I'm kind of surprised you didn't re-post the picture of the bars of G&B fanned out like a hand of cards as a reminder of the tribute due to your Adminliness...

Just done a run through the thread and to date:

Grandees willing to receive:

That makes 20 people happy to receive.

People willing to send:

Which I make as 18 or 19 if you include myself. I have offers from hosts and admins to send chocolate and I have offers to send two parcels but it would be pleasant to spread the sending wider amongst shipmates.

As some did not post that they were willing to send anywhere the assumption is they will post within their country of residence!

Jengie

[ 11. July 2015, 15:57: Message edited by: Jengie jon ]

Posted by Huia (# 3473) on :

Hey Jengie, sorry I am such a last minute person. I can send worldwide. I know where 2 chocolate shops are in my suburb - there was only one before the quakes, so they have had some unexpected benefits [Biased] .

Huia

Smudgie

Clear out your PM box otherwise I cannot let anyone send you chocolate!!!

Jengie

Right

The allocation is done. The numbers are exact so please will senders make an extra effort to do so! Sender in the first column recipient in the second.

Sarasa -> Doublethink.
Curiosity killed ... -> Alan Cresswell
Patdys -> John Holding
kingsfold -> Gwai
Jengie Jon -> RooK
ArachnidinElmet -> Ariel
Cottontail -> Moo
North East Quine -> Doc Tor
Heavenly Anarchist -> jedijudy
Kittyville -> Lothlorien
Japes -> Kelly Alves
Uncle Pete -> Piglet
Huia -> Welease Woderwick
Ferijen -> Ariston
Qoheleth. -> Marvin the Martian
Palimpsest -> Imaginary Friend
marzipan -> dj_ordinaire
jacobsen -> Mamacita
Boogie -> Smudgie
Beethoven -> Tubbs

A reminder of what happens now:
  1. Sender will pm relevant recipient and ask them for an address (I do NOT collect host/admin/grandee's addresses)
  2. Recipient needs to reply and it may be useful to remind sender of any specifications e.g. no chocolate
  3. Sender gets offering and sends it to recipient. Sender may use importers or ordering from within the country to avoid excessive postage if the post is International. Sender may post here to say it is on its way. This is nice but not essential.
  4. Recipient to post here when they have received so we know that the gift has arrived.

Jengie

Posted by Sarasa (# 12271) on :

I've just popped down to the post office, so parcel is on its way to Doublethink.

Chocolate on its way to dj_ordinaire!

Please check your RL mailbox, Lothlorien.

Will do thank you. I was not around yesterday to hear if anyone buzzed for me to come down..

Thank you so much Kittyville. Locally made chocolate, 90% cocoa as I usually buy. Sea salt and hazelnut and a flavour called Aztec which is chilli, cinnamon and vanilla. All packed up with a funny card.

I must hide these from younger grandchildren who will be here tonight.

I would have liked to have seen the postman get these through the narrow letterbox opening.

Thanks again, right up my alley on flavours.

[ 25. July 2015, 05:48: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

John,
You are in danger of me eating your gift.

Posted by Barnabas62 (# 9110) on :

Whoops! Missed the fun! I was away for the first couple of weeks in July then plain forgot. Shame on me. But good for the rest of you!

Just chiming in to thank Jengie once again for her efforts on behalf of the group, and observing how heartwarming it is to see the continuing kindness.

My waistline will probably benefit from the abstinence this year - but I'll be back next time!

Posted by Ferijen (# 4719) on :

I have ordered my dispatch today, apparently waiting 5-8 days is appropriate...

Paging Piglet. The parcel disappeared yesterday awash in stamps, and the young fella at the counter assured me it would be in Newfie in 4-6 days.

I'll be looking out for it! Thank you. [Smile]

I have been enjoying what Kittyville sent me. 90% strength, Aztec flavour. First taste is warm, spicy cinnamon. Then comes the chilli which leaves a lovely glow. A hint of vanilla. It is quite different to any other chilli chocolate and I am enjoying it.

Good to hear, Lothlorien!

Having finally managed to go to a shop that sells something other than Mars bars, there'll be a parcel in the post tomorrow.

Thank you very much! I'll look out for this next week.

Posted by Qoheleth. (# 9265) on :

Posted!

Warm thanks to the kindly Arachnid who sent the surprise package of ginger chocolate (one of my favourite flavours), the lovely raspberry shards, which I hadn’t tried before, and the Pontefract cakes, which I haven’t had in years. That was definitely a trip down memory lane! Enjoying these a lot, and the card is brightening up my desk. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and generosity!

Two steps forward, one step back. I bought two of three bars I intended to send, then ...ummm... ate one.

I'm intending to repurchase and send very soon.

You're very welcome. I'm glad it got there as the man in the post office threatened to eat the contents. [Smile]

Posted by Marvin the Martian (# 4360) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Qoheleth.:
Posted!

A package was received this morning containing a quite incredible amount of bubble wrap. Concealed within its depths were some Ruby Port Dark Chocolates and a bag of Gin Puddles (basically chocolate buttons that taste of Gin).

This is a good day [Smile] . Many thanks Qoheleth [Big Grin]

Huge big thank-you to Uncle Pete for the choccie gift voucher - I'll be heading to the mall very soon and trying not to spend it all at once ... [Big Grin]

Thank you! [Yipee]

You can spend it, Piglet, just not eat it all at once. [Biased]

quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
You can spend it, Piglet, just not eat it all at once. [Biased]

Indeed. Dare I say you mustn't be a piggy!

You may indeed. [Big Grin]

As the chocolate shop is in a shopping centre, it'll give me a (completely unnecessary) excuse to go shopping ... [Devil]

(Piglet, you posted that at precisely 00:00 on 5 August. Not a lot of people achieve that level of precision, especially when chocolate is the topic. [Overused] )

It was still 8:30 p.m. on the 4th over here ... [Big Grin]

Time zones are so confusing, I'm sure things were easier when the world was still flat!

quote:
Originally posted by Sarasa:
I've just popped down to the post office, so parcel is on its way to Doublethink.

Recieved with much thanks [Smile] . The delay being due to royal mail card getting lost in the mess that is my hall !

Fab chocolate battens, great for a quick chocoboost at strategic moments.

[ 05. August 2015, 16:58: Message edited by: Doublethink. ]

An early thank you to Huia as I have been notified that the gift she has ordered for me will arrive before 20th August - as it is not released until 10th August this is good going.

Thanks Huia!

Posted by Ariston (# 10894) on :

I was always taught that I didn't get to enjoy things until the thank you note was written—well, too late for that, I'm already enjoying some very delicious milk (!) chocolate (rarest of all rare delicious things, good milk chocolate) from the chocolate library (a library made of chocolate!) that arrived today.

Ferijen, many thanks...between samples.

John, I haven't forgotten you mate.

quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
... the chocolate library ...

You don't have to give it back, do you? [Eek!]

Posting mine tomorrow, before I head off on holiday.

Likewise, I've not forgotten you Gwai. Just not quite got around to it yet!

Booooooooooooogie [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
I came home from a long and exhaustificating (but fun) day nannying, to find a parcel waiting for me on my doorstep.
I have not yet opened it. I am saving it in eager anticipation for tomorrow which is when my week's holiday properly starts.... that way I might motivate myself to get the housework done this evening rather than leaving it until the last minute!
But knowing you, I am going to have a big smile on my face when I open it. (Assuming, of course, that it IS my parcel from you and not something far less savoury)

Posted by Curiosity killed ... (# 11770) on :

I posted a parcel to Alan Cresswell today.

Alan - telling me that you're not keen on nuts then to choose anything I'd like sent me into "does not compute" mode. Personally, the best chocolate has nuts, nuts and more nuts and no nasty fruit. Bags of chocolate covered nuts or coffee beans are the best. Although I'll make an exception for chocolate with ginger.

quote:
Originally posted by kingsfold:
...not quite got around to it ...

Is this what you're looking for? [Big Grin]

A delightful package of highly-caffeinated chocolate truffles has arrived from Her Majesty's Realm Of Proper Britishousness. After feeding some to my unsuspecting wife - to test for poison - she declared it fit for consumption. And, indeed, it is fabulous.

Many thanks, Jengie. I shan't arbitrarily ban anyone for perhaps several days.

quote:
Originally posted by Heavenly Anarchist:
Posting mine tomorrow, before I head off on holiday.

I'm so excited! [Yipee]

I hope your holiday is everything you wish for, Heavenly Anarchist!

Posted!

Posted (at last)

Posted by Doc Tor (# 9748) on :

I have all of the chocolate, thanks to NEQ.

I am properly grateful, and if it was in my gift, I would grant her one free 10C violation. Alas, it is not. She'll have to content herself with a picture of me smiling benignly while holding a cat.

Posted by ThunderBunk (# 15579) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Doc Tor:
I have all of the chocolate, thanks to NEQ.

I am properly grateful, and if it was in my gift, I would grant her one free 10C violation. Alas, it is not. She'll have to content herself with a picture of me smiling benignly while holding a cat.

Surely it's not a good idea to boast of having all of the chocolate on a forum to which Rook has access???

[Paranoid]

quote:
Originally posted by kingsfold:
Likewise, I've not forgotten you Gwai. Just not quite got around to it yet!

No worries. [Smile]

Part of the chocolate voucher has been spent, and some of the purchases have been eaten.

happy piglet [Smile]

What a wise and sensible Piglet!

I am the sort that would have spent the lot then taken it home telling myself I would eat it very sensibly over several days/weeks and then woken the following morning feeling very ill and with none left!

Moderation in all things is not a natural part of my make up.

I got an SMS this afternoon to say that my gift from Huia is on its way - if they are their usual efficient selves I think it will arrive Wednesday or Thursday.

Excited!

[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

I was right! Thursday it is and The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel has arrived - and in the same post a set of three Rossini operas I ordered - I'm going to be spending a lot of time watching the box!

Exciting! Exciting! Exciting!

I shall post again when I've seen the movie - and a big Thank You! to Huia!

Fab, fab, FAB!

Thanks even more Huia.

I'll shut up now.

I haven't forgotten, life is crazy.

Posted by Alan Cresswell (# 31) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
I posted a parcel to Alan Cresswell today.

Alan - telling me that you're not keen on nuts then to choose anything I'd like sent me into "does not compute" mode. Personally, the best chocolate has nuts, nuts and more nuts and no nasty fruit. Bags of chocolate covered nuts or coffee beans are the best. Although I'll make an exception for chocolate with ginger.

And, the parcel has arrived (Well, it was outside my door a few days ago, but I had to get into the post office to actually receive it). They all look very yummy.

Many thanks.

Posted by Huia (# 3473) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
Fab, fab, FAB!

Thanks even more Huia.

I'll shut up now.

My pleasure. I'd never ordered from Amazon before apart from my kindle and a zillion books for it, but they made it so easy. I have also managed to unsubscribe from Amazon India after being spammed, so I have a satisfying sense of accomplishment.

I may now go and rent the DvD myself from Alice in Videoland as I loved the first one.

Huia

D. recently bought both the Exotic Marigold Hotel films on DVD and said they were v. good; I haven't got round to watching them yet, but I think I shall at some point.

They are very good indeed. I could forsee a series...

Posting tomorrow.
Wrapped and sitting on my desk.

Heavenly Anarchist has done great research!

I was so excited to see Royal Mail in my lowly mailbox! Inside the package were...cats!!!

There's the scholarly cat on the sparkly card with information inside about the other two cats. A handmade version of a WWI lucky black cat charm. (I am especially fond of black cats!) It was suggested I use it as a coaster, but I think it will decorate the wall near my piano, instead.

The other black cat is on a most beautiful dichroic glass pendant from Heavenly Anarchist's own kiln!!! It is gorgeous!!! The front side is sparkly purple, and the back has blue sparkles. Those are my two very favorite colors! How did you know? And, I love, love, love sparkly things!

Thank you so much! I feel loved!
jj

Huia, the card has arrived, thank you! Gorgeous birds, a shame they are extinct - and as for the other comment...

[Eek!]

Next: get my tribute to a post office....

[ 18. August 2015, 15:29: Message edited by: kingsfold ]

quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
Heavenly Anarchist has done great research!

I was so excited to see Royal Mail in my lowly mailbox! Inside the package were...cats!!!

There's the scholarly cat on the sparkly card with information inside about the other two cats. A handmade version of a WWI lucky black cat charm. (I am especially fond of black cats!) It was suggested I use it as a coaster, but I think it will decorate the wall near my piano, instead.

The other black cat is on a most beautiful dichroic glass pendant from Heavenly Anarchist's own kiln!!! It is gorgeous!!! The front side is sparkly purple, and the back has blue sparkles. Those are my two very favorite colors! How did you know? And, I love, love, love sparkly things!

Thank you so much! I feel loved!
jj

I'm glad you like them [Smile]

I bought my votive offerings three weeks ago, but then needed some emergency gifts and gave them away. Today, I not only bought them again, but parcelled them and sent them off. They should be with mine host within a few days.

Posted by Mamacita (# 3659) on :

jacobsen, my goodies arrived last night and I'm enjoying them! My son, who loves all things spicy, asked to open the chocolate-chili-covered cashews and so we tore into those immediately. They are awesome!! And the G&Bs dark chocolate is going down nicely too. Thank you very much for the treats.

Mamacita

I've now managed to get my parcel for Gwai in the post. Sorry it's taken so long!

Posted by Moo (# 107) on :

I got a package of Scottish goodies from Cottontail today--tablet, fudge, and Edinburgh rock. So far I have eaten one piece of rock, which was delicious.

I'm looking forward to consuming the rest.

Thanks, Cottontail.

Moo

Boogie, I mentioned that my parcel had arrived but that I had not opened it. What I failed to do was to share my utter appreciation of the contents of the packets. You are a wonderful woman! [Big Grin]

One bar of Dairy Milk (one of my favouritest ever chocolates) was (reluctantly) shared with my travelling companion while we were on holiday together.
The bag of oreo/cadburys chocolate/goodies stuff was slightly damaged in transit, which made it just perfect for sharing with the Smudgelet in the form of seriously wonderful milkshake!!
And the other bar of Dairy Milk. Well.... I'd done a lot of sharing really, hadn't I?

If I had been impatient about the delay, I would say that such a beautiful amount of wonderful chocolate would surely make up for it. As it is, I will just look amazed and appreciative and keep everyone away from my chocolate drawer.

Thank you, Kingsfold!

quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
I got a package of Scottish goodies from Cottontail today--tablet, fudge, and Edinburgh rock. So far I have eaten one piece of rock, which was delicious.

I'm looking forward to consuming the rest.

Thanks, Cottontail.

Moo

You are very welcome, Moo. [Smile] I hope you enjoy the tablet especially.

quote:
posted by Gwai:
Thank you, Kingsfold!

My pleasure - hope you enjoy it as much as I would [Yipee]

Kelly - I've not forgotten you, it's in the bag, ready to go when I go out to do errands today.

Oh, no worries. Thanks!
[Big Grin]

Parcel all dispatched. [Big Grin]

[Yipee]

Today is the 1 month anniversary of when I posted the chocolate. I will light a candle.

(I am sorry it hasn't arrived John)

I can only hope that it's a standard Canadian Post Office delay, not that some postal worker has decided to give himself a tread.

John

Mate, we will give it another month and then I will post another.
It can be a chrissie present for the post office.

quote:
Originally posted by Japes:
Parcel all dispatched. [Big Grin]

So, folks, a really good thing to tell Japes is that you are fond of caramel. I have been chocolatey-carameled in abundance. Digging into the Lindt version right now.

Thank you so much! [Axe murder]

Glad you liked the choices, Kelly. [Big Grin] And that it arrived quickly.

Patdys --

package arrived today with wonderful contents.

Many thanks

John

[ 22. September 2015, 20:56: Message edited by: John Holding ]

Is that it folks or is there anything outstanding?

Having checked through the thread the following appear to be:

I note marzipan posted but no record of receipt.

Jengie

I got a pm from dj_ordinaire that chocolate was received and eaten but it wasn't posted on the thread, sorry!

That is fine, it is just useful when trying to decide whether to declare the thread finished for this year.

Jengie

Posted by Beethoven (# 114) on :

It took me a while to find the right thing, but now that I have it I just need to post it... It will get there, I promise!

I have now had a pm from Palimpsest to say Imaginary Friend has received his parcel. I think that that finishes this thread.

Thank you to all who sent offerings.

Jengie

Jengie, thanks so much for doing this again, it really is quite a slog.

I'll close this thread now, if it needs reopening just PM me.

Thanks again - WW

© Ship of Fools 2016