Thread: Merry Christmas/Joyeux Noël Board: Oblivion / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=029842

Posted by Uncle Pete (# 10422) on :

Since I am going offline until after Christmas, I start this thread early to wish all shippies a Happy Christmas and a new year filled with Wonder.

Posted by Lothlorien (# 4927) on :

Thank you Pete. I wondered when I saw you had posted early.

Happy Christmas to you too, and thank you for your support with Miss M.

Posted by Graven Image (# 8755) on :

Thank you for the warm wish Peter enjoy your shore leave.

Posted by Piglet (# 11803) on :

Same to you Pete - see you back on board in the New Year. [Smile]

Posted by Nenya (# 16427) on :

Merry Christmas, Pete. [Smile]

Posted by Uncle Pete (# 10422) on :

Thanks - although to clear up a confusion, I will be as cold as all North Americans are this winter as I am not travelling overseas [Waterworks]

Posted by Sioni Sais (# 5713) on :

A Merry Christmas/Nadolig Llawen to everyone on board.
We will probably have eleven round the table for Christmas dinner, which will be a squeeze: that's Mr & Mrs Sioni, our five offspring, three partners, and our first grandson (second grandson due in January!). There won't be a lot of turkey left come Boxing Day.

Posted by Welease Woderwick (# 10424) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
...There won't be a lot of turkey left come Boxing Day.

I bet that's a relief!

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
...There won't be a lot of turkey left come Boxing Day.

I bet that's a relief!
For me that is true. There will however be plenty of veg. left over so I shall have some truly epic bubble'n'squeak* with some of the five pound gammon Mrs S will cook.

*potato, sprouts, parsnips, carrots and red cabbage is pretty good.

Posted by jacobsen (# 14998) on :

Here's to the veg!

God Jul* to all

*Happy Christmas

We can get sprouts here, occasionally, if we are prepared for them but parsnip is unknown in these parts - one of the few sad facts about living in [self-imposed] exile.

That sounds a wondrous bubble and squeak, Sioni - nom-nom! Will you put a lightly fried egg on top of it when you serve it so you can break the yolk and let it drizzle down into the BnS?

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:

That sounds a wondrous bubble and squeak, Sioni - nom-nom! Will you put a lightly fried egg on top of it when you serve it so you can break the yolk and let it drizzle down into the BnS?

I hadn't thout about an egg on top but it's a fine idea. Some surprisng dishes are improved by a fried egg on top: Mrs Sioni had a House Special pizza* with a fried egg, and that was in Venice! We sometimes wonder if they were taking the Mickey out of us English tourists.

Posted by The Intrepid Mrs S (# 17002) on :

Off to the Dowager's place soon, to meet the rest of the mob - brother, wife, two teenage children; son and fiancee; then hopefully on The Day, daughter, husband and Bump. The Bump is now nearly a week overdue [Eek!] so we are all on tenterhooks - if he or she decides the 25th is a good day for a birthday we'll no doubt be travelling in relays to visit!

So, a very Happy Christmas to you all, and for those to whom Christmas is a trial, may it not be as awful as you expect. After all, you have friends here even if you are stuck with your relatives! [Axe murder]

Mrs. S, who loves Christmas! [Angel]

Posted by Zappa (# 8433) on :

Happy Christmas, y'all. Midnight Mass is over.

Posted by Lothlorien (# 4927) on :

Thirty minutes to midnight is close enough. Guests for dinner and some overnight.

A merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight!

Posted by Ecclesiastical Flip-flop (# 10745) on :

Happy Christmas to all shipmates.

Posted by Dormouse (# 5954) on :

Happy Christmas to all. I don't often post but I read frequently & am grateful for the wit and wisdom of all on these boards. Thank you Shipmates.

Best wishes to all Shipmates from over here, too.

Posted by Rowen (# 1194) on :

12.17 am here, so....
Christmas joy to my Shipmates!

[ 24. December 2015, 12:18: Message edited by: Rowen ]

Posted by Raptor Eye (# 16649) on :

It's not here yet, but this may be my last post of the year, and so best wishes from me to you all for a blessed Christmas and a peaceful 2016.

Posted by Jack the Lass (# 3415) on :

Merry Christmas shipmates!

Posted by Chamois (# 16204) on :

Merry Christmas everyone!

Posted by St. Gwladys (# 14504) on :

Happy Christmas to all my shippie friends- those I've met in r/l and those I might never meet, except via the net, but whom I still regard as friends.

Posted by mousethief (# 953) on :

A most blessed Feast of the Nativity of Our Lord, God, and Saviour Jesus Christ to all!

Unless you don't dig that kind of thing, in which case have a nice day anyway.

Posted by daisydaisy (# 12167) on :

I wish you all a joyous Christmas!

Posted by Alex Cockell (# 7487) on :

Merry Christmas folks...

Posted by Piglet (# 11803) on :

It's not quite Christmas Day here yet, but as I'll be singing lustily and with good courage at that point, I'll wish everyone a merry Christmas in advance.

Have a great day! [Smile]

Posted by Japes (# 5358) on :

I'm home from Midnight Mass so can proclaim loudly "A blessed Christmas to all Shipmates"!

Posted by Cranmer's baggage* (# 4937) on :

Wishing all shipmates a very happy Christmas.

Posted by Leorning Cniht (# 17564) on :

Merry Christmas, Shippies.

Kids are in bed, the fat man has done his rounds, and it's time for bed, 'cause I know I'm not getting a lie-in tomorrow [Biased]

Posted by Hedgehog (# 14125) on :

Also just back from midnight mass. Wishing all of you and your loved ones a very joy-filled and delightful Christmas.

"Christmas isn't a day. It's a frame of mind."-- Miracle on 34th Street (1947)

Posted by EloiseA (# 18029) on :

Merry Christmas to all!

Posted by Huia (# 3473) on :

Best Christmas wishes to everyone, especially those who find this a difficult time.

Eloise. your sig made me laugh = thanks.

Huia

Posted by Alan Cresswell (# 31) on :

Merry Christmas to everyone!

メリークリスマス

Posted by Golden Key (# 1468) on :

Merry Christmas, Good Yule, Good Solstice, Happy Festivus, and Happy any other Holidays that I've forgotten!

And if anyone wants/needs an interfaith (and Humanist!) Christmas special, the locally-produced "May Peace Prevail" was just on TV and can be watched at that link. Sort of a Christmas --> Prince of Peace --> Peace On Earth --> Finding/Making Peace Together In The Midst Of All The World's Violence framework.

Long list of beliefs participating: Humanist, Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, Konko, Jewish, Christian, Earth-centered, Bahai, etc. Done by an interfaith organization, founded by the retired Episcopal bishop here. Music, dancing, speaking, and ritual (in the candle-lighting sense). FWIW, YMMV.

Posted by Tree Bee (# 4033) on :

Happy Christmas everyone!
For the first time in decades I'm not cooking Christmas lunch. Instead we're going to cb's to share the day with her family. [Yipee]

Posted by rolyn (# 16840) on :

Wishing all Shippies a Happy Christmas this day.

Posted by geroff (# 3882) on :

Happy Christmas to all on this ship.
Thank you everyone for another year. [Smile] [Smile] [Overused]

Posted by Adrienne (# 2334) on :

Happy Christmas everyone! [Smile]

Posted by Jengie jon (# 273) on :

May the blessing of the act we are celebrating become a spring of life within the heart of all here.

Jengie

Posted by Tortuf (# 3784) on :

Merry Christmas everyone. May you all find the peace that passes all understanding within you.

Posted by jedijudy (# 333) on :

Merry Christmas, dear Shipmates!

Posted by Bene Gesserit (# 14718) on :

Merry Christmas, all!

Posted by jacobsen (# 14998) on :

May Christmas be an oasis of peace and happiness to all.

Posted by Carex (# 9643) on :

Christmas is (at least for some) at time for feasting and visiting. So on Christmas Eve Day as we prepared the turkey stuffing and pies for the family we had the joy of sharing our cozy kitchen with a special guest - a plumber trying to unclog the kitchen sink drain.

Christmas dawned overcast and cold, but happy and cheerful inside, now that the turkey is in the oven. The pumpkin/pecan pie didn't get baked, but somehow that doesn't seem too important. And the sink drains - we have a lot to be thankful for!

Merry Christmas to each and every one.

Posted by Barnabas62 (# 9110) on :

Merry Christmas to all! We've had a lovely time with two generations together for our meal and a lovely Skyping time with those further away! And the late evening communion at our local church was especially lovely this year, bringing just the right focus.

Posted by M. (# 3291) on :

Yes, a very merry Christmas to all.

M.

Posted by Fineline (# 12143) on :

Happy Christmas if you celebrate it - and Winter Wishes if you don't! [Smile]

Posted by Kelly Alves (# 2522) on :

God bless you, Shipmates-- you have saved my sanity more often than you know.

But only just barely.

Here's looking at you.

Posted by Qoheleth. (# 9265) on :

Still 11 days left to have a Merry Christmas! Enjoy it, everyone!

Posted by Banner Lady (# 10505) on :

A Blessed Christmas to all - and for flagging spirits I recommend: This

Or

this.

Enjoy, my faithful shippies!

Posted by Curiosity killed ... (# 11770) on :

Merry Christmas or Nollaig Chrideil

Wishing all a peaceful New Year.

Posted by Doublethink. (# 1984) on :

Happy Christmas [Smile]

[ 25. December 2015, 22:30: Message edited by: Doublethink. ]

Posted by Nicolemr (# 28) on :

I thought I had posted on this thread already! Sorry to be late, Merry Christmas, everyone!

Posted by Banner Lady (# 10505) on :

And Happy Twelfth Night or orthodox Christmas!

I have two sisters who have married into families celebrating this. I confess I find it confusing having Christmas after New Year's Day. It dawned on me this morning that they are in fact celebrating Christmas before me and not after me in terms of years. It also makes me wonder when you take down your Christmas decorations - which of course many of us are doing today...anyway...

Happy Christmas 2016 to our orthodox brethren. May we all follow the light throughout the new year.
[Axe murder]

© Ship of Fools 2016