Thread: Error message Board: Oblivion / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=030001

Posted by Golden Key (# 1468) on :

About 20 min. ago or so, I got the following message:

quote:
Bugger!
Bugger! An error has occured:

I can't process time before the world began! at CGIPath/ubb_lib_time.cgi line 500.

Please inform the board administration of this error so that they can abuse the vendor. Thanks!

This happened when I was posting on the US Presidential Election thread in Purg. My connection burped several times, during the process; a duplicate was posted; and I finally wound up with the message.

If the software is going to try time travel, perhaps it should hitch a ride in the TARDIS?

Posted by RooK (# 1852) on :

Similar vendor issues either way.

LOL.

Posted by Eutychus (# 3081) on :

Time travel is just one of the recent upgrades to the software; think of it as a feature, not a bug.

In the meantime, as we pass through eddies in the space-time continuum, as a long-suffering Purgatory host can I request patience while trying to post? Your post may appear even if your browser is telling you you've timed out.

And if you notice you've inadvertently posted twice, you have a couple of minutes to delete your own duplicate post using the edit function.

Yes, I did try to delete it. IIRC, that's when I got the error.

And if Eddie's in the time-space continuum, surely Arthur Dent and Ford Prefect are loitering nearby, on a traveling sofa?

Posted by Marvin the Martian (# 4360) on :

It's possible that rebuilds of the various index files are needed.

As it wouldn't hurt to do them anyway, I'll get onto it today. The forum will be unavailable for a few minutes while it's processing.

Posted by Marvin the Martian (# 4360) on :

Well, that was fun. Let's see if it helps.

Thanks for doing the maintenance!

Posted by Pigwidgeon (# 10192) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
Well, that was fun. Let's see if it helps.

Thanks!
[Overused]

It did seem a bit sluggish and odd yesterday -- must have been barnacles on the Ship again.

© Ship of Fools 2016