Thread: Disgusted of Great Gidding Board: Oblivion / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=030237

Posted by Chorister (# 473) on :

These are the letters to the church magazine for September 2016. Presumably as it is still only Sept. 1st, there are still many more to be written. I wonder what they might say....

https://areflexanglican.wordpress.com/2016/09/01/letters-to-the-church-magazine-september/

Posted by Brenda Clough (# 18061) on :

Gosh, these are great. I am sending the link to my b-i-l the Lutheran pastor.

Posted by Piglet (# 11803) on :

In the "Forthcoming Events" column:

CHURCH FETE

SATURDAY 24TH JUNE

We are delighted to announce that this year's special event will be a display by the Red Arrows.

If wet, in vicarage.

Posted by Bene Gesserit (# 14718) on :

<like>

I would like to see a letter complaining that 'Shine Jesus Shine' has not been sung once during the last month.

Given that we will be singing 3 Rutter Anthems in the next 4 weeks, I fear that he is staging a takeover bid. Kendrick just can't cut it anymore.

Posted by jacobsen (# 14998) on :

Could he ever?

Posted by ExclamationMark (# 14715) on :

Mind you, nor could Rutter in some circles. Horses for courses

Posted by SvitlanaV2 (# 16967) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
I would like to see a letter complaining that 'Shine Jesus Shine' has not been sung once during the last month.

Does the Great Gidding CofE demographic like 'Shine Jesus Shine'?

I suppose if theirs is a traditional church it might be one of the most modern worship songs they know. Singing it might make them feel less like fuddy-duddies, the joke being that it is, of course, pretty ancient by worship song standards.

I suspect the letter would be the same format regardless of content - it would read somewhat like this:

Vicar,
I must express my shock and disgust that we were made to sing Kum Ba Ya / Shine Jesus Shine / In Christ Alone / Amazing Grace / Mine Eyes Have Seen the Glory of the Coming of the Lord AGAIN this Sunday. If it happens again, I will leave! And take all my friends with me!! And you shall not have a penny from me for the roof repair fund EVER AGAIN!!!
Yours, not.
G.G. Gruntley, Esq.

[ 15. September 2016, 20:42: Message edited by: Chorister ]

© Ship of Fools 2016