Thread: R.I.P Debbie Reynolds (unbelievable) Board: Oblivion / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=030623

Posted by Kelly Alves (# 2522) on :

Just in...

I guess it was too much for her. [Frown]

Last night I wrote on one of her press releases, "Thank you, Ms. Reynolds, for passing your moxie down throughout future generations." Much needed. Rise in Glory, Ms. Debbie. [Votive]

Posted by mousethief (# 953) on :

2016 continues its bitter harvest. May her memory be eternal.

Posted by jedijudy (# 333) on :

[Frown] [Votive]

Posted by Nicolemr (# 28) on :

Oh damn. RIP [Votive]

Posted by neandergirl (# 8916) on :

[Votive]

Posted by Soror Magna (# 9881) on :

Waaah. This is ridiculous - I just finished my Carrie Fisher tribute viewing and I still have George Michael to honour. Can't keep up. [Waterworks]

Posted by Huia (# 3473) on :

Thinking of that poor family [Votive]

Yeah. All of them, but I keep thinking about Billie.

[ 29. December 2016, 01:57: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

Posted by Banner Lady (# 10505) on :

Wonder if it will be a double funeral or consecutive ones? Terrible decision to have to make by the rest of the family. And I hate to say it...but 2016 isn't over yet....sigh

Posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe (# 5521) on :

Our only consolation is that they won't have to live under a Trump presidency.

Actually I was thinking that of all the celebrity deaths this year, theirs was a double act that will now always be remembered in showbiz history.

Debbie's star on Hollywood Boulevard is almost obscured by flowers.

Carrie doesn't have a star, so a couple of young men made one and put it a block and a half away, near the wax museum, and the woman who I guess is the city's walk of fame warden permitted them to leave it there. The guys stayed there into the night, then went home.

When they returned the next morning, they discovered that the museum had loaned the display velvet ropes to section it off, and that the star was almost obscured with miniature light sabers, votive candles, and cinnamon rolls.

Cinnamon rolls. [Tear]

[ 30. December 2016, 10:15: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

Bet she will have a star on the walk by the end of 2017.

Yep. The walk of fame warden said usually it takes five years post mortum for an actor to get a star, if they didn't get it while alive. I bet that an exception will be made. And I bet that homemade star winds up somewhere prominent, too.

© Ship of Fools 2016