Thread: Introduction and questions Board: The Simmies 2009 / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=74;t=000001

Posted by Simon (# 1) on :

Hello and welcome to The Simmies, named after the illustrious St Simeon the Holy Fool, our patron saint. We're launching these annual awards to honour the comedians, educators, saints, board addicts and nutjobs who hang out on the Ship and make this such a rewarding and infuriating place to be. And we're hoping that you'll tell us who deserves each of our 14 awards, which are...

Shipmate of the Year
Newbie of the Year
Host of the Year

Best Thread
Best Post
Best OP
Best Quote
Best Sig
Best Avatar

Theologian of the Year
Wit of the Year
Hell Denizen of the Year
Lamest Hell thread
Best Putdown

Just a few points about this board's posting protocol.

1. Each of the awards has its own thread. The threads are for nominations and also for comment and discussion, all mixed in together.

2. To make the nominations stand out, they need to be posted using a specific format. The correct format is given in the OP of each thread. Please follow this procedure or your nomination may be deleted.

3. As normal, please adhere to the 10 Commandments for all the threads.

4. The rules for The Simmies are here.

This thread is for posts about the awards in general and how they're run.

[ 16. December 2008, 23:22: Message edited by: Simon ]

Posted by luvanddaisies (# 5761) on :

This could be most interesting.
Do winners get to make a speech, which'll be drowned out by the band if they exceed (x) characters?

<sits back with popcorn> [Biased]

Posted by FreeJack (# 10612) on :

Could we spell out OP in full please?

(Not that I am junior hosting!!)

Posted by Chelley (# 11322) on :

Interesting! [Big Grin]
Aside from pondering my own views, I know I'm going to have to do my own little prediction list of who I reckon the Ship will vote for in each category. I'll award myself a very large bar of chocolate if I get 'em all right!

Posted by JonahMan (# 12126) on :

Isn't this a bit like having 'Member ratings' - which we hate?

Posted by Amazing Grace (# 95) on :

May someone nominate more than one person for a category?

Charlotte

Posted by Lyda*Rose (# 4544) on :

Now I know why most Oscar nominations are from the fall. I have trouble remembering what I had for breakfast today let alone that great thread that what's-his-name started back in the spring. Or was it summer?

Posted by Left at the Altar (# 5077) on :

Where's the thread for Crabby Old Bastard of the Year???

I'd like to nominate Gort for something.

Posted by dj_ordinaire (# 4643) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Left at the Altar:

Are those two comments connected in any way, one wonders?
[Paranoid]

luvanddaisies: Yes, winners will get to make a speech. Expect tearful thanks to named shipmates, family members and pets.

FreeJack: OK... OP is now spelled out. Thanks for the suggestion.

JonahMan: Not really. This is just once a year, after all.

Amazing Grace: Yes, nominating more than one person for a category is fine. I know it can be hard to choose for some categories.

Posted by Sine Nomine (# 66) on :

Is this just a glory thing or are there any cash benefits?

Posted by Marvin the Martian (# 4360) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
Is this just a glory thing or are there any cash benefits?

Depends on how much you can flog the trophy for on Ebay, I guess... [Biased]

Posted by Wairua (# 3912) on :

or if you nominate on receipt of bribes . . .

Posted by Geneviève (# 9098) on :

Or follow the illustrious Blago's example to "keep the ***** thing" and nominate yourself!

ETA: Maybe we could have a category for Shippie who uses edit the most. I think I wouldnominate myself for that. It would be a mysterious award--is it a compliment or a putdown? [Biased]

[ 11. December 2008, 14:42: Message edited by: Geneviève ]

Posted by mjg (# 206) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Simon:
board addicts and nutjobs

Ridicule us and we come begging for more.

Genius.

(Yes, I'm still vying for The Golden Asshat. I could die happy. [Yipee] )

Does the winner of the Golden Asshat award actually win an asshat?
I'd like to see what one looks like, wonder if I can really piss some people off between now and Hogmanay...

Posted by The Rogue (# 2275) on :

Are the St Simeon Trophies mugs which haven't been sold yet?

quote:
Originally posted by mjg:
quote:
board addicts and nutjobs

Ridicule us and we come begging for more.

Genius.

(Yes, I'm still vying for The Golden Asshat. I could die happy. [Yipee] )

You are really going to have to raise your game this month, then. Sure, you annoy a few people sometimes, but we are talking serious, dyed-in-the-wool, A-list annoyers here. You are not exactly there yet.

Sorry, hon.

Posted by Arabella Purity Winterbottom (# 3434) on :

If someone has already been nominated, does one put in a second nomination if one agrees?

Posted by Gort (# 6855) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Left at the Altar:

I knew someone cared! [Axe murder]

Posted by Left at the Altar (# 5077) on :

You knows I luvs Ya baby. [Biased]

quote:
Originally posted by Arabella Purity Winterbottom:
If someone has already been nominated, does one put in a second nomination if one agrees?

Ideally, if you're agreeing with an existing nomination, you could simply add an ordinary post to second it, but add some reasons why you think the person/thread/whatever deserves it. The people judging the nominations will take note of what's been said in support of them, so feel free to make the case.

Posted by Anselm (# 4499) on :

Are we allowed to nominate and vote for our own sockpuppets?

quote:
Originally posted by Anselm:
Are we allowed to nominate and vote for our own sockpuppets?

[Killing me]
Actually... there's an idea [Snigger]

Posted by JonahMan (# 12126) on :

quote:
JonahMan: Not really. This is just once a year, after all.

And if you have sex just once a year, you are still a virgin.

Posted by rugasaw (# 7315) on :

At least you wouldn't be a slut.

Posted by Janine (# 3337) on :

Maybe there needs to be an award for Most Blatant Attention Whore?

(ETA cause, like, some folks the sublime, and some folks have sublimation.)

[ 12. December 2008, 01:47: Message edited by: Janine ]

Posted by Emma Louise (# 3571) on :

Do we get to vote on a selection of nominees at some point or is it being decided by a group of people? (All the hosts? A select few?) If the latter - will our input make a lot of difference?!

Posted by frin (# 9) on :

The Academy will vote on the winner, based on the nominations. The quality of supporting evidence offered on a thread will certainly influence their decisions.

'frin
Host of The Shippies

Re: The nomination for Best Putdown for Zappa - who can't be nominated as a host - could they not be nominated if they're posting on another board in a non-hostly capacity? Or do we feel they have an unfair advantage in getting too many opportunities to practice, as hosts!

[ETA: aren't the awards the Simmies, not the Shippies?]

[ 12. December 2008, 09:23: Message edited by: Chelley ]

Hosts, admins, and admins emeriti (pedants, please advise) cannot be nominated because all will be part of the Academy and thus vote on the nominations in each category. The exception is the Best Host award, for which hosts may be nominated and which will be decided by you, the ship of fools public.

'frin

Oh yes, thanks 'frin - didn't think of the voting part (even though I read the rules!).

Posted by Jason I. Am (# 9037) on :

PSA: Just reminding you all that I am not currently a host, so you can stop worrying about whether you can nominate me for pretty much every category.

Posted by Jason I. Am (# 9037) on :

Question:

Is there a list of all current hosts somewhere? Some people probably don't post on all boards and may not realize who is a host and who isn't, and I've just had a look and haven't found any such list.

I guess anyone who wants to can just look at the heading of each Board.

I also wonder whether people will want to vote for Hosts they never actually encounter in their posting lives!

I suggest you nominate whoever you like for awards. If you nominate a host, then the nomination will be counted as ineligible. If you nominate a non-host for host of the year, then you will deserve all the howling smilies [Killing me] heaped upon you.

'frin

Posted by babybear (# 34) on :

Could someone explain to me why it is "The Simmies 2009"? Why is it not 2008 when that is the qualifying period? [Confused]

quote:
Originally posted by frin:
I suggest you nominate whoever you like for awards. If you nominate a host, then the nomination will be counted as ineligible. If you nominate a non-host for host of the year, then you will deserve all the howling smilies [Killing me] heaped upon you.

'frin

Though one could certainly make such an honest mistake by nominating a long-serving host who has stepped down...

Posted by Sioni Sais (# 5713) on :

quote:
Originally posted by babybear:
Could someone explain to me why it is "The Simmies 2009"? Why is it not 2008 when that is the qualifying period? [Confused]

Don't you remember receiving "annuals" every Christmas? On December 25 1965 one could receive the "Dandy" Annual 1966 (I didn't, I got the Eagle and I guess you got the Bunty Annual).

quote:
Originally posted by dj_ordinaire:
quote:

'frin

Though one could certainly make such an honest mistake by nominating a long-serving host who has stepped down...
Actually, additional to this, is it only current Hosts who can be nominated, or can Shipmates nominate those who have worked at some point during 2008 even if they have retired?

Posted by FreeJack (# 10612) on :

Could I also suggest we rename/renumber the competition as The Simmies 2008 please?

Posted by babybear (# 34) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
Don't you remember receiving "annuals" every Christmas? On December 25 1965 one could receive the "Dandy" Annual 1966 (I didn't, I got the Eagle and I guess you got the Bunty Annual).

I didn't, I had to wait to be born, and then wait a few years to learn to how to read before I got annuals.

I remember being very disappointed to see that for some reason the Blue Peter annual was showing the wrong year. In the annual there was a review of lots of things that had happened in the year , but they had given the annual the next year's date.

With things like the Beano it didn't matter as the annual was simply a big, hard-backed comic, and wasn't a review of the year just gone.

Posted by Lots of Yay (# 2790) on :

quote:
11. Only shipmates with live accounts (i.e. not banned or suspended)
during the nomination period and at the time of the online presentation
ceremony may be considered for an award.

I only have one account. Does that mean I don't get a prize?

Hahahaha I'm hilarious [Killing me]

Posted by Jel (# 9755) on :

quote:
Originally posted by dj_ordinaire:
quote:

'frin

Maybe if the host who had stepped down had served during 2008, they'd still be eligible. Simon or admins?

Posted by Grits (# 4169) on :

I think there should be a category for "Shipmate Who Doesn't Post Much Anymore and I Really Miss Him/Her." [Smile]

Posted by Johnny S (# 12581) on :

I'm struggling to think who to nominate since there are so many great posters.

Maybe this is further complicated by the fact that I have no relationship with any other shipmates in RL. I find it interesting how many nominations are based on meeting the shipmate in RL. I think it goes to show that there is no substitute for the real thing. (I don't know how to do that trademark symbol thingy.)

Just a thought.

Posted by Pooks (# 11425) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Lots of Yay:
Hahahaha I'm hilarious [Killing me]

Yay, you are. I still can't help myself giggling everytime I scroll past this post. [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
Maybe if the host who had stepped down had served during 2008, they'd still be eligible. Simon or admins?

That sounds reasonable.

'frin
Simmies Host

This has also been posted in the Styx...

We're going to make three changes to the awards which will hopefully put them in the mischievous, entertaining area they were intended for.

1. We're dropping the Asshat award entirely. Personally, this is a bit of a blow, as FD generously nominated me, but I'm sure I'll get over it. We've been looking at ways to make the thread an outpost of Hell, or to reframe the award as being for the most asshat moment rather than person, but I think dropping the award over the side is the simplest and cleanest option. Apologies to those who spent time nominating on that thread, but it's locked now and will disappear later today.

2. The vote for the winner of each category is now going to be public and open to everyone. This means abolishing the Principalities and Powers aspect of the rules and putting all the awards to a public poll (one per thread) once the nominations process is complete. Which means that everyone, including the Hosts and Admins, can now nominate and be nominated. I think that will be a genuine improvement.

3. We're going to lose the Junior Hosting category, to avoid the possible spectacle of Hosts attacking their wannabe counterparts. We were going to lose the Hell Denizen category, as no one's been nominating for it, but I don't want to fluffify the whole thing too much. There are some strong contenders, so I hope nominations will start to flood in.

The rules will be changed sometime this evening.

Posted by kankucho (# 14318) on :

Good game! Good game!

Posted by Chorister (# 473) on :

For people who don't have a lot of time to trawl through a whole year's worth of threads, this is a very useful thread to remind us of possible candidates.
(2008 starts somewhere on page 14)

Posted by geroff (# 3882) on :

I must admit to being disappointed by the lack of satire in the nominations so far. I am thinking mainly about Theologian Of The Year category.
Are we allowed to suggest those that are patently out-of-their-tree or what?

Posted by Grits (# 4169) on :

quote:
Originally posted by geroff:
Are we allowed to suggest those that are patently out-of-their-tree or what?

Why? Do you really think we have some like that around here?

Posted by Robert Armin (# 182) on :

Do we have any that aren't?

quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
For people who don't have a lot of time to trawl through a whole year's worth of threads, this is a very useful thread to remind us of possible candidates.

I disagree. The Quotes file is basically a small group of shipmates reposting things they happen to like, rather than an objective collection of worthy posts.

It's definitely not objective. But it does provide some record of what people thought important enough to note at the time. Many of the threads are now in oblivion, so I found it useful as a reminder.

Posted by comet (# 10353) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
I disagree. The Quotes file is basically a small group of shipmates reposting things they happen to like, rather than an objective collection of worthy posts.

haven't been quoted lately, Marv?

it's something. beats reading the entire 2008 entries in Oblivion.

Hell, then, is the only segment of the Ship's boards with enough oomph to have its own Denizen of the Year?

How bland, colorless and ineffectual all other regulars of all other areas must be.

Oh, gawd. Here we go again.

I take it you won't be seconding my nomination?

Honestly - my feelings aren't hurt.

[ 19. December 2008, 02:02: Message edited by: Gort ]

Posted by RooK (# 1852) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Janine:
How bland, colorless and ineffectual all other regulars of all other areas must be.

I've been saying exactly that for years.

quote:
Originally posted by comet:
haven't been quoted lately, Marv?

[Waterworks]

quote:
Originally posted by Janine:
Hell, then, is the only segment of the Ship's boards with enough oomph to have its own Denizen of the Year?

I can't see how anyone can justifiably win many of the awards through activity in Hell (the home of cheap shots and happy-slapping) so just as it is a separate board it deserves separate prizes to prevent "spillage".

Awards of Hell Denizen of the Year and Lamest Hell thread ought to do. There are plenty of Putdowns in Hell, but the Best must surely be delivered like a Murano dagger, within Purgatory, Eccles, Keryg or, best of all, Heaven or All Saints.

Unfortunately there isn't a category for 'The Best Mystery Worship Report of the Year'. If there was, I'd give it to this one.

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
...There are plenty of Putdowns in Hell, but the Best must surely be delivered like a Murano dagger, within Purgatory, Eccles, Keryg or, best of all, Heaven or All Saints.

Of course! So much more opportunity for admirable nastiness cloaked in Christian propriety and good will.

Posted by Robert Armin (# 182) on :

I may have missed this, but have we been told when nominations will close and the voting take place? I'm away for New Year, which means being out of computer contact for several days; I would hate to be absent for the grand finale.

Posted by Flausa (# 3466) on :

Red Carpet Gown On

According to the rules, the nominations will close at midnight (GMT) on 31 December. The polls will be opened soon after the
close of nominations, and then the awards will be presented in an online ceremony in January.

Red Carpet Gown Off

Posted by Patdys (# 9397) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Flausa:
Red Carpet Gown On

According to the rules, the nominations will close at midnight (GMT) on 31 December. The polls will be opened soon after the
close of nominations, and then the awards will be presented in an online ceremony in January.

Red Carpet Gown Off

Urm, would you mind leaving the gown on. You might scare the children. [Razz]

Or over-excite Alan.

Posted by John Donne (# 220) on :

Mm. Have I missed the voting or has it yet to take place?

Posted by John Donne (# 220) on :

Never mind! Found Robert's thread.

We were hoping to get the poll threads for each category in place by today, but it's been a very busy week, and there are some issues we still have to resolve on the nominations and polls which will take longer than this weekend to sort out. So voting for the Simmies will probably start Tues or Weds next week, I think. Sorry for the delay, but putting this to a public vote (which wasn't the original plan) is a bit more complicated than I thought. Watch this space!

Posted by Rev per Minute (# 69) on :

No worries - the closer to the Oscars® nomination date, the better...

Posted by Gracious rebel (# 3523) on :

Well its now Wednesday, and still no voting! Not that I'm getting impatient you understand, just that somehow I fear my nomination for Shipmate of the Year isn't going to do very well now, as he appears to have just got himself banned for two weeks!

[Killing me] What unrestful shipmate worth his salt hasn't been banned for two weeks?

Posted by Twilight (# 2832) on :

So right, Gort!

I've always been a bit overawed by Ken's giant brain, but now that he's come down just a tiny bit toward my level, he's got my vote in the bag ...

Oh no! I'm starting to sound like a Sarah Palin fan.

quote:
Originally posted by Gort:
[Killing me] What unrestful shipmate worth his salt hasn't been banned for two weeks?

Maybe we could have a padded cell on the Ship.

There will be no unrest if you don't have loonies showing their true colours off around the place. So instead of banning them, we could confine to a 'Bedlam board' those who can not follow the general rules of posting. This might help preserve the unrestful character of the Ship, because we are not only keeping on board those who are irritating to our sensibilities, but also giving them their own space to creat havoc.

I know by proposing this idea I probably belong to a padded cell myself. I am also aware that the original intention for the 'unrest' probably isn't what I had in mind, but is something far more noble. Nevertheless as a fool of a bunny, I am throwing this idea out because this might enable the Ship to keep some of the potential trail blazers who just can't keep to the straight and narrow, but who are valuable in other ways.

If it is unworkable then at least it is a laugh. [Razz]

Just to clarify, I didn't see Gracious Rebel's link so my last post was drawn up without Ken in mind. It was sparked off by Gort's mentioning of banning.

The voting threads have now been posted. We've put a delay in the start time (the polls open tomorrow night) so that any errors or omissions can be reported in the next 24 hours and corrected before the polls open. Once the polls do open, no further changes can be made, so if you spot any problems, post about them asap, on this thread. Please be aware that some people have asked for their nomination not to go forward, which is why their name does not appear.

The closing date for voting (which will be earlier than the time posted on the polls) and the date/time of the awards ceremony will be posted here sometime soon.

Posted by Drifting Star (# 12799) on :

Hasn't Jengie Jon been missed off the Shipmate of the Year voting thread? She's on the nominations.

Posted by Yorick (# 12169) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Drifting Star:
Hasn't Jengie Jon been missed off the Shipmate of the Year voting thread? She's on the nominations.

quote:
Please be aware that some people have asked for their nomination not to go forward, which is why their name does not appear.

Thanks Yorick. [Hot and Hormonal]

All the polls are now open!

'frin

Posted by Rossweisse (# 2349) on :

If there is no obvious winner in some of the more densely inhabited contests, will there be run-offs? Some of these were tough choices.

Ross

quote:
Originally posted by Rossweisse:
... no obvious winner

What? You mean a tie? How about we save the trouble and just toss a coin? Or better yet, co-winners? Now go do the damnable thing and vote for Gort, Hell Denizen of the Year. RooK is too arcane and Sine, too nice. If honored, I promise to restore animosity and discord to the Nether Regions no matter how liturgically lame the thread. You'll wish God were your co-pilot and Jesus the navigator.

[This message sponsored by Shipmates Against Boring Purgatorial Screeds in Hell]

May we campaign for nominees on the boards? If so, where and is "knocking copy" permitted?

Red Carpet Gown On

Once the polls are officially opened, you will be able to campaign to your heart's content on the thread attached to the poll.

Flausa
Simmies Host

Posted by Paul M (# 37) on :

[Confused]

They are open. I voted last night.

Apologies, I apparently lost a day somewhere. [Hot and Hormonal]

Ummm, drawing on some of the legendary stories of various cities where the motto was "vote early and vote often", I wondering if we are supposed to vote just once per award, or can vote as many times as we like?

Posted by Gracious rebel (# 3523) on :

Geneviève, the software only allows you to vote once in each poll.

You can encourage others to vote (and vote specifically for your choices). I suspect some folks might even be persuaded to vote given small bribes of chocolate, but you didn't hear that from me.

Posted by Pigwidgeon (# 10192) on :

Darn! I already voted. I should have waited for bribes of chocolate.

(Maybe if I delete this post I can pretend I haven't voted and still accept bribes?)

quote:
Originally posted by Gracious rebel:
Geneviève, the software only allows you to vote once in each poll.

Aha, that was what Simon meant when he said there were "issues" to be sorted out before voting could commence. He must have heard about our practices here in the colonies.

Posted by East Price Road (# 13846) on :

In the nominations list for Wit Of The Year, the link to the post by Gildas is not working - not for me anyway.

Posted by Sine Nomine (# 66) on :

Two comments in passing...

1) Although you can only vote once you can vote for yourself. (In case any of the other nominees were too modest to try and find out.)

2) I am promoting myself as the 'green candidate' for Hell Denizen of the Year, not having - or in the process of - reproducing myself, which gives me a smaller carbon footprint. Moreover disposable diapers have never (yet) been used in my house. Vote Green. Vote Nomine.

Thank-you very much for your time and attention.

-S.N.

Red Carpet Gown On

The thread for Gildas' link has been sent to Oblivion. We are trying to relocate it. If anyone remembers the name of the thread where the post originated that would be most helpful.

Flausa
Red Carpet Gown Off

Posted by mjg (# 206) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
Moreover disposable diapers have never (yet) been used in my house. Vote Green. Vote Nomine.

Until now I never wondered if anyone manufactured non-disposable adult diapers.

I am subsequently considering heuristic value in my voting but not quite ready to join this bandwagon.

Posted by Hiro's Leap (# 12470) on :

quote:
The thread for Gildas' link has been sent to Oblivion. We are trying to relocate it. If anyone remembers the name of the thread where the post originated that would be most helpful.

I can't remember it's name, but the thread was about the Russian invasion of Georgia so it probably started about the 24th August.

quote:

Found it.

Posted by Hiro's Leap (# 12470) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
Found it.

Suck up! [Razz] (Translation: I saw you in Oblivion but you beat me to it.)

Posted by RooK (# 1852) on :

I'll ban anybody/everybody who votes against me.

[Razz]

Let him ban you. I'll send chocolate - lots and lots of chocolate.

Posted by Smudgie (# 2716) on :

quote:
Let him ban you. I'll send chocolate - lots and lots of chocolate.

To whom? Lyda*Rose or RooK?

All of you that support me in the quest for ultimate recognition, of course.

A second link to a post in a nominations list seems to have gone missing. Can anyone please find the first of the two links for wheelie_racer in the list of nominations for Newbie of the Year? The thread was entitled ""Need for a theology of disability" dated 05 July 2008 in Purgatory.

Just to add to the above: I've done searches in Oblivion, Dead Horses, and Limbo, but haven't found the thread. Maybe I'm not doing it right.

East Price Road, the link is now fixed.

Flausa
In Today's Red Carpet Gown

Dang. I imagined you in a slinky gown made of some sort of red tapestry... a real red carpet gown.

That one's nice, tho.

Well, I'm not wearing that dress again today. In fact, I really must get ready soon. The festivities are to begin in just about an hour and a half. So much to do ...

quote:
... vote for Gort, Hell Denizen of the Year... I promise to restore animosity and discord to the Nether Regions no matter how liturgically lame...

Blink.

I have got to stop trying to read posts before I've awakened properly. I didn't quite get that you were talking about the Nether Regions of the Ship's Boards.

I suppose you could acquire tons of previously undecided votes by promising to stir up some excitement in voters' nether regions.

Posted by booktonmacarthur (# 14308) on :

15 mins to go and counting

Posted by Sylvander (# 12857) on :

I've been away and only now see the Simmie results.
Can someone explain to me the meaning(s) of the Sig of the Year, please:

"Anglo-cthulhic"

I can only see it pronounces as a slurry Anglo-Catholic but surely there must be some hidden depth in it? (I am a non-native speaker, so this is a genuine question not me playing daft).

Cthulhu

Cthulhu for President

Wiki says

Posted by Qlib (# 43) on :

I know this my sound a bit like I'm creeping, but I'd like to say how much I've enjoyed the Simmies.

When it (they?) first hit the boards I was dubious but, having not spent much time on board ship in 2008 (or 2007 for that matter), I've found it/them a really handy way of catching up. And it/they provoked one good spat as well - classic Ship! Same next year, please (?)

If you really did enjoy them then you are perfectly entitled to say so - that's not creeping at all. It would only be creeping if you only pretended to enjoy them in order to suck up.

I'd like to see an award for the Fluffiest Bunny next year. Would that start another spat, I wonder?

If the Fluffy Bunny spat proves to be as much fun as the Golden Asshat spats, then I hope it does.

I thought the Simmies were just tons of fun. It gave us a chance to show appreciation for our fellow shipmates without embarrassing ourselves too much.

Now, I'm going to be thinking about next years awards all year long. We'll be like the movie reviewers -- "If this performance doesn't earn her a long deserved ..."

Posted by Doublethink (# 1984) on :

Next year, Doublethink would like her Simmie to be this big.

Twilight has decided to be satisfied with the award she already has.

Posted by comet (# 10353) on :

comet has a plan to win over all the judges for next year.

Posted by Joyeux (# 3851) on :

comet - only if you also whisper "I can kill you with my mind"

Standing closer behind Comet than Comet realised.

"Ahem"

Oh, so you want to get ugly!

Doublethink is never ugly.

No, but she does have some pretty impressive lip-pucker lines.

© Ship of Fools 2016