Thread: 2 Kings 1:8... A girdle of leather about his loins Board: Chapter & Worse / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=76;t=000025

Posted by Simon (# 1) on :

Verse nominated by David Branson

"And they answered him, He was an hairy man, and girt with a girdle of leather about his loins. And he said, It is Elijah the Tishbite." (2 Kings 1:8, in context)

David Branson comments: Sounds like the sort of hot bloke I'd meet in the right kind of bar, actually.

How much of a problem is this verse? Click "Vote Now" to cast your vote!

[ 03. September 2009, 19:30: Message edited by: Simon ]

Posted by mousethief (# 953) on :

I'm failing to see what's ejectworthy about this at all. Can somebody enlighten me?

Posted by Lamb Chopped (# 5528) on :

It says "loins." Duh. You're supposed to fall about snickering. Or maybe faint in shock. Do get with it.

Posted by Bullfrog. (# 11014) on :

And everyone knows that body hair is funny, duh!

Posted by ChastMastr (# 716) on :

quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
I'm failing to see what's ejectworthy about this at all. Can somebody enlighten me?

Oh, it's not ejectworthy at all! I love it! [Smile]

Hey, the whatsit said, "Which hallowed verse makes you laugh for all the wrong reasons?" So I suggested it. As well as the "pisseth against a wall" one on the other thread, though someone else beat me to one or two other similar naughty-sounding ones.

(And yes, that's my real name. Hi! [Smile] )

Seriously, did no one realize this was one of mine? I must be losing my touch... [Hot and Hormonal] I've used that as the "leatherman reference in the Bible" for years and years now. [Big Grin]

Posted by Lamb Chopped (# 5528) on :

Oh DEAR! Runaway runaway runaway runaway...

Posted by Kelly Alves (# 2522) on :

Another vote that we keep the bear.

I was thinking of you this weekend, Chast. Did you know there was a big thing going on in Guerneville? Innocently walked right in on it.

Posted by ChastMastr (# 716) on :

*waves joyfully to Kelly!* [Smile]

It is so nice to be back. [Yipee]

Posted by Anselm (# 4499) on :

The description of John the Baptist in Mark 1 seems to be alluding to this description of Elijah - perhaps picking up the idea from the prophet Malachi that 'Elijah' would return to usher in the New Age - and that John the Baptist was this 'Elijah'.

Posted by BWSmith (# 2981) on :

"Gayest" verse in all of 2 Kings?

© Ship of Fools 2016