Thread: Erin's Legacy Board: Erin / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=79;t=000022

Posted by Schroedinger's cat (# 64) on :

I know that Erins legacy is very much the ship in the state it is in. But I want to explore something more that she, through the ship, have achieved, which I think is even more significant.

One of the big things at the moment is Web 2.0 - the interaction and engagement of people with each other through the web. A number of discussion boards are the precursors to these ideas, including facebook, twitter, youtube etc. Many of the discussions on these are trite and agressive.

So what I think that the ship under Erins guidance, has achieved is proof that community works online. I do not believe that there is anywhere else that had demonstrated this before the ship, although others had tried. And the Church of Fools ( whatever it was called ) was a further demonstration that the internet is not just a fun game.

So I reckon that the real legacy that Erin has left us is the reality of online community. That is something that will last a long time.

[Added punctuation to the title - T]

[ 20. January 2011, 09:00: Message edited by: Tubbs ]

Posted by duchess (# 2764) on :

I think you are right. [Tear]

Posted by duchess (# 2764) on :

"I'm sorry this upset you, and I'm glad that you and ____ seem to have patched things up. In the future, if you get a bitchy PM or e-mail from someone who is not listed as a host on a public board, doesn't have a big old honkin' ADMIN under their name, or isn't Simon, Ancient Mariner, David or myself, feel free to tell him/her to piss off."
=Erin 2/14/06 to me in a private e-mail I felt compelled to share.

I won't go through what happened, that has been laid to rest. But I can not stress in any words enough how she impacted me. And I wish I could have met her here on earth. But I will just wait till I leave for the other place someday.

"Black velvet and that little boy's smile
Black velvet with that slow southern style
A new religion that'll bring ya to your knees
Black velvet if you please"

Black Velvet Lyrics

© Ship of Fools 2016