Thread: The Wake continues (list of memorial meets) Board: Erin / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=79;t=000023

Posted by Jengie Jon (# 273) on :

I am wondering if people would mind helping me to keep this map up to date.

Meets still need to be organised in All Saints, but if people can post on here when/where a meet occurs, it really would help. At present I am fearing that I am missing some because I don't pick up when they have happened in All Saints before they disappear off the front page. I also don't want to assume every meet is a memorial meet, just because it happens this year.

Jengie

Posted by PeteC (# 10422) on :

John Holding and I raised a glass to Erin (of tea, but that counts, doesn't it?) on the evening of January 8 in Ottawa.

OliviaG and I drank beer in her memory in Vancouver on January 12.

Zappa and I clicked glasses in a location north of Auckland NZ on January 17.

Some more of us are meeting in Auckland on the 26th. There will doubtless be more toasts to Erin.

Posted by Laura (# 10) on :

Presleyterian and I met in DC on the 21st.

Posted by Carex (# 9643) on :

10 of us (including 2 non-shipmates) raised our glasses to Erin at the Pacific Northwest Shipmeet at Spiffy's Restaurant near Chehalis, Washington.

46.547126, -122.874988

A rusty farm implement made its appearance in Erin's memory.

[ 30. January 2011, 04:47: Message edited by: Carex ]

Yorkshire meet (Bradford) also yesterday. Balaam, LRP, Sophs and Mister, Dyfrig and myself

Jengie

Posted by Lamb Chopped (# 5528) on :

Rossweisse and I lifted a glass to Erin in St. Louis on February 6.

Up dated the map. If you think there is a meet that ought to be there that isn't, then you need to post on this thread.

Jengie

Posted by Banner Lady (# 10505) on :

The Ancient College of Youths (some of the UK's premier bell-ringers who are ringing their way around Australia at the moment) rang 'Erin' as a special favour to me before the 10am service at St.Saviour's Cathedral in Goulburn, NSW on Feb 20.

It was my first day being attached to the cathedral ministry team, and this was a chance meeting with them as they arrived. Somehow it still feels like the gator is organizing things! [Razz]

A bell added to the map.

Jengie

Posted by Banner Lady (# 10505) on :

Thanks JJ! I expect there'll be another one to add in the UK after St.Simeon's Day [Smile]

And a correction: It was 'The Ancient Society of College Youths' that did the ringing here in Oz. Thanks guys - hope you had fun!

Posted by Qoheleth. (# 9265) on :

BL - how lovely!

Ringers will know that the principle also extends to Erin Cinques (pronounced Sinks), Erin Sinks .. Sinks ... Sinks .... gettit? As rung at Gloucester Cathedral on last Sunday.

© Ship of Fools 2016