Thread: STARFISH Board: Rusted Farm Implement / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=80;t=000012

Posted by Pyx_e (# 57) on :

So Today A Rusty Farm Implement Shoved Home; in

Alan Sugar. Jumped up bad advert for Alpha male posturing, the lie of capitalism, beards and this worldly obsession with success. I would rather swim in elephant piss that watch that shite.

This thread brought to you by "When in faux Hell do as the Faux Hellions do" productions, Pyx_e-inc.

edit cos I am still crap at spelling, grammer and stuff like that. Like I care.

[ 11. May 2011, 10:58: Message edited by: Pyx_e ]

Posted by Yorick (# 12169) on :

Yup. STARFISH his chocolate STARFISH.

Posted by Sine Nomine (# 66) on :

Well…that certainly required a bit of googling. So…Alan Sugar is the Donald Trump of the UK apparently. I suppose that's useful information inasmuch as all knowledge is useful, including the f act that Princess Marie Adélaïde of France died in Trieste in 1800, as a refuge from the excesses of the French Revolution.

Posted by Ariel (# 58) on :

How, while googling for Alan Sugar, did you manage to come up with Princess Marie Adelaide having died in Trieste?

I can only guess the common factor must be the starfish. Did she tread on one which bit her, or did she ingest one prepared in some interesting Italian fashion - stella di mare alla parmigiana perhaps?

It's a funny thing, but every time anyone posts anything in a foreign language these days, I have to control the urge to react like they've said Jehovah.

Posted by Matt Black (# 2210) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
Well…that certainly required a bit of googling. So…Alan Sugar is the Donald Trump of the UK apparently. I suppose that's useful information inasmuch as all knowledge is useful, including the f act that Princess Marie Adélaïde of France died in Trieste in 1800, as a refuge from the excesses of the French Revolution.

Sugar would like to think he is the Donald Trump of the UK but their only connection is that they both star in The Apprentice and that Sugar looks like an annoyed hedgehog whereas Trump looks like he's wearing a dead hedgehog on his head; in reality Sugar is small beer compared to Trump.

quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
How, while googling for Alan Sugar, did you manage to come up with Princess Marie Adelaide having died in Trieste?

I actually already knew that.

Family, was she?

Well, we both liked bourbon.

Liked? Dear Lord. You're not dead too, are you?

Not the last time I checked.

Posted by Pyx_e (# 57) on :

Dare one ask; how do you check?

All the best, Pyx_e.

Oh, dear. Although in some ways that's a good thing, I suppose it means you must therefore have gone off bourbon.

quote:
Originally posted by Pyx_e:
Dare one ask; how do you check?

Put a mirror under my nose and see if it fogs up, of course. What did you think?

Posted by mousethief (# 953) on :

That's a better thing to do with a mirror under your nose than some I can think of.

© Ship of Fools 2016