Thread: Francophile Board: Oblivion / Ship of Fools.

To visit this thread, use this URL:
http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=70;t=026894

Posted by Taliesin (# 14017) on :

I think it has to be done.

Franophile, I need you to bring your discussion of what was going on in the relatives hell thread here, to avoid totally derailing that thread.

Helions, I'd like to ask you to avoid an immediate dogpile and go one at a time in actual conversation.

Or whatever, you know. The idea is not to immediately shut it down by all shouting at once.

Francophile, you have said you understand ranting Etc and was just joining in really, but it seems to me that your position has shifted somewhat since your first post, so would you like to expand on what was actually meant?

Posted by Lyda*Rose (# 4544) on :

Good luck.

Posted by Francophile (# 17838) on :

It's an honour and a pleasure to have my own thread. Thank you.

I think the last person to have her own thread in Hell was Jengie Jon, a lady to be hugely respected. It's clearly an honour granted only to a few, so I really am over the moon.

Rant away.

quote:
Originally posted by Francophile:
It's an honour and a pleasure to have my own thread. Thank you.

I think the last person to have her own thread in Hell was Jengie Jon, a lady to be hugely respected. It's clearly an honour granted only to a few, so I really am over the moon.

Rant away.

PS that Jengie Jon thread was started by that arsehole Gabardine, thinks he's ever so fucking clever, but he got his arse kicked by the negative response, and by the dignified non response of Jengie herself. She's a class act. I'm not (a class act I mean) so will respond.

Hi. Thanks for responding,I was just going to send a pm.

Would you like to start again, from where you're talking about the scale of parenting from terrible to perfect, and where the ranting is ok?
Or is it what kind or level of ranting is ok? And is there a difference between ranting, complaining, criticising and whinging, and which of those are ok about parents, within the realms of a message board and or the confines of a hell thread?

And especially, is it the internet aspect that upset you? Do you confine your own rants to family and friends? I can understand that.

[ 05. February 2014, 06:17: Message edited by: Taliesin ]

quote:
Originally posted by Taliesin:
Hi. Thanks for responding,I was just going to send a pm.

Would you like to start again, from where you're talking about the scale of parenting from terrible to perfect, and where the ranting is ok?
Or is it what kind or level of ranting is ok? And is there a difference between ranting, complaining, criticising and whinging, and which of those are ok about parents, within the realms of a message board and or the confines of a hell thread?

And especially, is it the internet aspect that upset you? Do you confine your own rants to family and friends? I can understand that.

PM away, Tally-Ho. Just remember though that the law of the land applies.

You misunderstand me. And, for the record, I'd like to point out that if I've misspelled your name at any point, it was accidental.

A PM is a necessary courtesy to inform people of a hell thread started for them. As you have already responded,I don't need to. That's all I meant.

quote:
Originally posted by Taliesin:
You misunderstand me. And, for the record, I'd like to point out that if I've misspelled your name at any point, it was accidental.

A PM is a necessary courtesy to inform people of a hell thread started for them. As you have already responded,I don't need to. That's all I meant.

No worrie, Talisman. And if I've spellled your name incorrectly, that's entirely deliberate.

I do love the little courtesies which apply, like a PM message to alert one to a hell call. So like cricket. Anyone for tennis?

Posted by mdijon (# 8520) on :

This is not worth time or energy Taliesin. I recommend you move on to more profitable things.

quote:
Originally posted by mdijon:
This is not worth time or energy Taliesin. I recommend you move on to more profitable things.

I agree. Totally boring. Close the thread and move on.

Posted by Left at the Altar (# 5077) on :

Taliesin, Taliesin, Taliesin, my dear.

You need to be rather more hellish in calling our dear friend Franky to hell.

For example, you fail to mention what a complete arsehole he or she is. I think that is central.

And a name dropper. Sir Ian is a friend of his/her, you know. Please remember this.

And (and this is IMPORTANT) s/he knows The Law of The Land.

Please. try. harder.

quote:
Originally posted by Left at the Altar:

For example, you fail to mention what a complete arsehole he or she is. I think that is central.

And a name dropper. Sir Ian is a friend of his/her, you know. Please remember this.

Please. try. harder.

Is this the best you can do, Lefty? Not very insulting. You need a few lessons from your pal Pixie.

Posted by North East Quine (# 13049) on :

Non-Hellish post:

Francophile, you posted:
quote:
Well, if you'd read the thread properly you'd know that my dearly loved father died on 20 February 2013 aged 87 years. We scattered his ashes at Lamlash, Isle if Arran on 4 August 2913. He loved that place, having spent 50 years of sailing holidays on the Firth of Clyde and west coast waters. A wonderful man.
Thank you for your concern.

It's coming up for the first anniversary. I know I've been depressed in the past as anniversaries approach, it's normal. The last 12 months have obviously been difficult. Every shipmate can sympathise.

But you're posting in a bitter way that, frankly, doesn't come across as healthy. Can't you step back from the keyboard and do something - anything - more life-affirming?

Go and splurge on something delicious, or some nice toiletries, or a good book, or a DVD you've always meant to get round to watching, or something.

For your father: [Votive]

End Non-Hellish post.

Posted by The Phantom Flan Flinger (# 8891) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Left at the Altar:

Please. try. harder.

You forgot to mention how his precious, angelic mummy has never done anything to upset him, but instead hade his days an endless time of sweetness and light, scattering rose petals before him wherever he went.

Posted by Left at the Altar (# 5077) on :

quote:
Originally posted by North East Quine:
Non-Hellish post:

Francophile, you posted:
quote:
Well, if you'd read the thread properly you'd know that my dearly loved father died on 20 February 2013 aged 87 years. We scattered his ashes at Lamlash, Isle if Arran on 4 August 2913. He loved that place, having spent 50 years of sailing holidays on the Firth of Clyde and west coast waters. A wonderful man.
Thank you for your concern.

It's coming up for the first anniversary. I know I've been depressed in the past as anniversaries approach, it's normal. The last 12 months have obviously been difficult. Every shipmate can sympathise.

But you're posting in a bitter way that, frankly, doesn't come across as healthy. Can't you step back from the keyboard and do something - anything - more life-affirming?

Go and splurge on something delicious, or some nice toiletries, or a good book, or a DVD you've always meant to get round to watching, or something.

For your father: [Votive]

End Non-Hellish post.

So, it's grief that makes him what he is?

Therapy is required.

And a rusty farm implement.

It'll clean out the pipes.

Posted by Spike (# 36) on :

Francophile a sockpuppet of somebody who has been previously banned (more than once as it happens) so has been banned again.

That being the case, and the fact that Francophile is unable to reply to this thread, it's now closed.

Spike
SoF Admin

© Ship of Fools 2016