homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Merry Christmas/Joyeux Noël (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Merry Christmas/Joyeux Noël
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Since I am going offline until after Christmas, I start this thread early to wish all shippies a Happy Christmas and a new year filled with Wonder.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you Pete. I wondered when I saw you had posted early.

Happy Christmas to you too, and thank you for your support with Miss M.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you for the warm wish Peter enjoy your shore leave.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Same to you Pete - see you back on board in the New Year. [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Merry Christmas, Pete. [Smile]

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks - although to clear up a confusion, I will be as cold as all North Americans are this winter as I am not travelling overseas [Waterworks]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A Merry Christmas/Nadolig Llawen to everyone on board.
We will probably have eleven round the table for Christmas dinner, which will be a squeeze: that's Mr & Mrs Sioni, our five offspring, three partners, and our first grandson (second grandson due in January!). There won't be a lot of turkey left come Boxing Day.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
...There won't be a lot of turkey left come Boxing Day.

I bet that's a relief!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
...There won't be a lot of turkey left come Boxing Day.

I bet that's a relief!
For me that is true. There will however be plenty of veg. left over so I shall have some truly epic bubble'n'squeak* with some of the five pound gammon Mrs S will cook.

*potato, sprouts, parsnips, carrots and red cabbage is pretty good.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here's to the veg!

God Jul* to all

*Happy Christmas

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We can get sprouts here, occasionally, if we are prepared for them but parsnip is unknown in these parts - one of the few sad facts about living in [self-imposed] exile.

That sounds a wondrous bubble and squeak, Sioni - nom-nom! Will you put a lightly fried egg on top of it when you serve it so you can break the yolk and let it drizzle down into the BnS?

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:

That sounds a wondrous bubble and squeak, Sioni - nom-nom! Will you put a lightly fried egg on top of it when you serve it so you can break the yolk and let it drizzle down into the BnS?

I hadn't thout about an egg on top but it's a fine idea. Some surprisng dishes are improved by a fried egg on top: Mrs Sioni had a House Special pizza* with a fried egg, and that was in Venice! We sometimes wonder if they were taking the Mickey out of us English tourists.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Off to the Dowager's place soon, to meet the rest of the mob - brother, wife, two teenage children; son and fiancee; then hopefully on The Day, daughter, husband and Bump. The Bump is now nearly a week overdue [Eek!] so we are all on tenterhooks - if he or she decides the 25th is a good day for a birthday we'll no doubt be travelling in relays to visit!

So, a very Happy Christmas to you all, and for those to whom Christmas is a trial, may it not be as awful as you expect. After all, you have friends here even if you are stuck with your relatives! [Axe murder]

Mrs. S, who loves Christmas! [Angel]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy Christmas, y'all. Midnight Mass is over.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thirty minutes to midnight is close enough. Guests for dinner and some overnight.

A merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight!

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ecclesiastical Flip-flop
Shipmate
# 10745

- Posted      Profile for Ecclesiastical Flip-flop   Email Ecclesiastical Flip-flop   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy Christmas to all shipmates.

--------------------
Joyeuses Pâques! Frohe Ostern! Buona Pasqua! ¡Felices Pascuas! Happy Easter!

Posts: 1946 | From: Surrey UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy Christmas to all. I don't often post but I read frequently & am grateful for the wit and wisdom of all on these boards. Thank you Shipmates.

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Best wishes to all Shipmates from over here, too.

--------------------

Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
12.17 am here, so....
Christmas joy to my Shipmates!

[ 24. December 2015, 12:18: Message edited by: Rowen ]

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's not here yet, but this may be my last post of the year, and so best wishes from me to you all for a blessed Christmas and a peaceful 2016.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Merry Christmas shipmates!

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Merry Christmas everyone!
Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy Christmas to all my shippie friends- those I've met in r/l and those I might never meet, except via the net, but whom I still regard as friends.
Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A most blessed Feast of the Nativity of Our Lord, God, and Saviour Jesus Christ to all!

Unless you don't dig that kind of thing, in which case have a nice day anyway.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I wish you all a joyous Christmas!
Posts: 3184 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Merry Christmas folks...
Posts: 2146 | From: Reading, Berkshire UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's not quite Christmas Day here yet, but as I'll be singing lustily and with good courage at that point, I'll wish everyone a merry Christmas in advance.

Have a great day! [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm home from Midnight Mass so can proclaim loudly "A blessed Christmas to all Shipmates"!

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cranmer's baggage*
Shipmate
# 4937

- Posted      Profile for Cranmer's baggage*   Email Cranmer's baggage*   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wishing all shipmates a very happy Christmas.

--------------------
Eschew obfuscation!

Posts: 729 | From: the antipodes | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Merry Christmas, Shippies.

Kids are in bed, the fat man has done his rounds, and it's time for bed, 'cause I know I'm not getting a lie-in tomorrow [Biased]

Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Also just back from midnight mass. Wishing all of you and your loved ones a very joy-filled and delightful Christmas.

"Christmas isn't a day. It's a frame of mind."-- Miracle on 34th Street (1947)

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
EloiseA
Shipmate
# 18029

- Posted      Profile for EloiseA   Email EloiseA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Merry Christmas to all!

--------------------
“You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you odd.” Flannery O'Connnor

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Best Christmas wishes to everyone, especially those who find this a difficult time.

Eloise. your sig made me laugh = thanks.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Merry Christmas to everyone!

メリークリスマス

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Merry Christmas, Good Yule, Good Solstice, Happy Festivus, and Happy any other Holidays that I've forgotten!

And if anyone wants/needs an interfaith (and Humanist!) Christmas special, the locally-produced "May Peace Prevail" was just on TV and can be watched at that link. Sort of a Christmas --> Prince of Peace --> Peace On Earth --> Finding/Making Peace Together In The Midst Of All The World's Violence framework.

Long list of beliefs participating: Humanist, Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, Konko, Jewish, Christian, Earth-centered, Bahai, etc. Done by an interfaith organization, founded by the retired Episcopal bishop here. Music, dancing, speaking, and ritual (in the candle-lighting sense). FWIW, YMMV.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy Christmas everyone!
For the first time in decades I'm not cooking Christmas lunch. Instead we're going to cb's to share the day with her family. [Yipee]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post 
Wishing all Shippies a Happy Christmas this day.

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

- Posted      Profile for geroff   Email geroff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy Christmas to all on this ship.
Thank you everyone for another year. [Smile] [Smile] [Overused]

--------------------
"The first principle in science is to invent something nice to look at and then decide what it can do." Rowland Emett 1906-1990

Posts: 1172 | From: Montgomeryshire, Wales | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy Christmas everyone! [Smile]
Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
May the blessing of the act we are celebrating become a spring of life within the heart of all here.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Merry Christmas everyone. May you all find the peace that passes all understanding within you.
Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Merry Christmas, dear Shipmates!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Merry Christmas, all!

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
May Christmas be an oasis of peace and happiness to all.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Carex
Shipmate
# 9643

- Posted      Profile for Carex   Email Carex   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Christmas is (at least for some) at time for feasting and visiting. So on Christmas Eve Day as we prepared the turkey stuffing and pies for the family we had the joy of sharing our cozy kitchen with a special guest - a plumber trying to unclog the kitchen sink drain.

Christmas dawned overcast and cold, but happy and cheerful inside, now that the turkey is in the oven. The pumpkin/pecan pie didn't get baked, but somehow that doesn't seem too important. And the sink drains - we have a lot to be thankful for!

Merry Christmas to each and every one.

Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Merry Christmas to all! We've had a lovely time with two generations together for our meal and a lovely Skyping time with those further away! And the late evening communion at our local church was especially lovely this year, bringing just the right focus.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes, a very merry Christmas to all.

M.

Posts: 2303 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fineline
Shipmate
# 12143

- Posted      Profile for Fineline   Email Fineline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy Christmas if you celebrate it - and Winter Wishes if you don't! [Smile]
Posts: 2375 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
God bless you, Shipmates-- you have saved my sanity more often than you know.

But only just barely.

Here's looking at you.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Still 11 days left to have a Merry Christmas! Enjoy it, everyone!

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016