homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: 100 other uses for an Orthodox priest

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: 100 other uses for an Orthodox priest
Raspberry Rabbit

Will preach for food
# 3080

- Posted      Profile for Raspberry Rabbit   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I of course will not be participating in this thread since I think that coming up for alternate uses for people is really wrong.......

Viking bait

RR

[ 18. June 2005, 16:13: Message edited by: KenWritez ]

--------------------
...naked pirates not respecting boundaries...
(((BLOG)))

Posts: 2215 | From: In the middle of France | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
DMcV
Shipmate
# 545

- Posted      Profile for DMcV   Email DMcV   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gillette Mach III demonstrator.

--------------------
You can have whatever you want/But are you disciplined enough to be free?

Posts: 169 | From: Above and to the right of Glasgow | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ruudy
Shipmate
# 3939

- Posted      Profile for Ruudy   Email Ruudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Large chessman.

--------------------
The shipmate formerly known as Goar.

Posts: 1360 | From: Gatorland | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Callan
Shipmate
# 525

- Posted      Profile for Callan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A quick straw poll, here at the Feliks Dzerzinsky Workers Collective suggested manual labourer in the Siberian uranium mines. Although Mehmet, from Islamic Jihad, next door - nice lad, popped in to borrow a cup of sugar - suggested that all you need to do is tax them an extra 10% and ban them from ringing church bells and they'll be retraining as Imams before you can say 'Fall of Constantinople'. [Devil]

Personally, I think they add greatly to the gaiety of the nation as they are, thank you very much.

[ 04. November 2004, 13:58: Message edited by: Callan ]

--------------------
How easy it would be to live in England, if only one did not love her. - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 9757 | From: Citizen of the World | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
hedonism_bot
Shipmate
# 5027

- Posted      Profile for hedonism_bot   Email hedonism_bot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Decoy Rabbi
Posts: 778 | From: Running from the grand ennui | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
ChristinaMarie
Shipmate
# 1013

- Posted      Profile for ChristinaMarie         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Shopping Mall / Department Store Father Christmas/Santa - with genuine beard! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2333 | From: Oldham | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Goodric

Shipmate
# 8001

- Posted      Profile for Goodric   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mobile Scouring Pad

--------------------
Happy Christmas Everyone You can find me here

Gone to a better place.

Posts: 7160 | From: You all know anyway | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've heard that fully vested, they can be hung from the ceiling and used as a disco glitter-ball.

But if you're standing directly underneath, don't look up!

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alt Wally

Cardinal Ximinez
# 3245

- Posted      Profile for Alt Wally     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ours is used for convert trawling. Check that, I mean public relations.
Leetle Masha

Cantankerous Anchoress
# 8209

- Posted      Profile for Leetle Masha   Email Leetle Masha   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ours was used for a church janitor, gardener and general plumber/handyman until he got a transfer to another parish. [Waterworks]

--------------------
eleison me, tin amartolin: have mercy on me, the sinner

Posts: 6351 | From: Hesychia, in Hyperdulia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is funny.
Heaven is for funny threads.
So up it goes.

-RooK
Hellhost

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The beard can be used to stuff pillows.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Josephine

Orthodox Belle
# 3899

- Posted      Profile for Josephine   Author's homepage   Email Josephine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
This is funny.
Heaven is for funny threads.
So up it goes.

So when did you start writing haiku?

--------------------
I've written a book! Catherine's Pascha: A celebration of Easter in the Orthodox Church. It's a lovely book for children. Take a look!

Posts: 10273 | From: Pacific Northwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Haikus are 5,7 and then 5. Not 4,7,4. [Big Grin]

I was reading this thread to Gremlin and he suggest that you can dip an O Priest in liquid nitrogen and then use as a loo brush.

Are we going to have a chance to test out any of these ideas? Any stray O Priests around? [Big Grin]

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Leetle Masha

Cantankerous Anchoress
# 8209

- Posted      Profile for Leetle Masha   Email Leetle Masha   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If O priests stray, they are usually laicized, so you'd have to catch them very quickly or they might not make as satisfactory a loo brush. The beards tend to come off.

--------------------
eleison me, tin amartolin: have mercy on me, the sinner

Posts: 6351 | From: Hesychia, in Hyperdulia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
sophs

Sardonic Angel
# 2296

- Posted      Profile for sophs   Author's homepage   Email sophs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by babybear:
I was reading this thread to Gremlin and he suggest that you can dip an O Priest in liquid nitrogen and then use as a loo brush.

Wouldn't it have to be a larger than normal loo to fit a priest down it?
Posts: 5407 | From: searching saharas of sorrow | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Use him as a Xmas Tree, provided he is stuffed of course and upright.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In mufti, a panhandler trainer.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by babybear:
Haikus are 5,7 and then 5. Not 4,7,4. [Big Grin]

That's one way of doing it. A contrasting way is to count beats instead of syllables, using a pattern of 2,3,2.

Then again I also disagree with Rook.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd just like to say I was going to start a complementary thread on alternative uses for an Anglican bishop. Then I remembered that most of them are completely, utterly useless....

.... except for their invaluable role of being the subjects of threads in Hell and Dead Horses. [Two face]

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leetle Masha

Cantankerous Anchoress
# 8209

Never mind, Adeodatus, you can play this game just as well as anyone. Don't you know a lot of Anglican priests who have been used as loo brushes? I could name (but I wouldn't dare), quite a few! I also know some who have been used as Christmas trees.

The most interesting use for Episcopalian priests in the U.S. is as dancing partners for debutantes at charity balls.

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Er...why are we attempting to recycle an Orthodox priest?

As opposed to Angli, RC, and many flavors of ministers?

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kindling.

P

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dip beard in melted butter.
Use to spread on sheets of filo pastry when making baklava or spanakopita.

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Coot:
Dip beard in melted butter.
Use to spread on sheets of filo pastry when making baklava or spanakopita.

Be sure to comb it out first, however, so that it doesn't shed; beardie bits between the teeth are Not Aesthetic.

Rossweisse // practical tips you never got from Martha Stewart

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
ChristinaMarie
Shipmate
# 1013

- Posted      Profile for ChristinaMarie         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Captain Bird's Eye Understudy
Posts: 2333 | From: Oldham | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
J. J. Ramsey
Shipmate
# 1174

- Posted      Profile for J. J. Ramsey   Author's homepage   Email J. J. Ramsey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
Er...why are we attempting to recycle an Orthodox priest?

Recycling an Orthodox priest? Wouldn't that get you Soylent Plot™?

--------------------
I am a rationalist. Unfortunately, this doesn't actually make me rational.

Posts: 1490 | From: Tallmadge, OH | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Phos Hilaron
Shipmate
# 6914

- Posted      Profile for Phos Hilaron   Email Phos Hilaron   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cleaning chimneys.

--------------------
Gaero?.......Gaero!

Posts: 1684 | From: Choson | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Keep Prince Charles quiet.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016