homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Heaven   » Is it really the Last Jedi? Spoilers, too!! Beware!

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Is it really the Last Jedi? Spoilers, too!! Beware!
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Author's homepage   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, this is for all of us who are jedi, clones, Corellian Scum, Sith lords, and other beings who have thoughts and opinions about the upcoming Star Wars movie.

Here's one trailer for those who haven't seen it.

Trailer.

Now, it looks suspiciously like Rey is talking to Kylo Ren, which upset Daughter-Unit and I greatly. However, since the backgrounds in that clip are different, I'm hoping that's a deliberate red herring!

D-U, my S-i-L and I will be seeing The Last Jedi the evening before it officially opens. But until then, speculate away! Let us know when new trailers are out! Help us! You're our only hope!!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 17826 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Before the last film came out, the one with the Death Star AGAIN, I binge-watched the previous films. This was a huge mistake, as I became incensed at what I saw as a recycled storyline. I was so upset that when a bloke in the cinema got up and walked out I thought he was protesting and almost got up and followed him out, fist in the air. He came back a few minutes later, so it would have been really embarrassing if I had done it. Me: Solidarity brother. These bastards are ripping us off blind. Did they do the script during the writers' strike? Him: I'm just going for a piss mate.

When I spoke to my brother about it, he said I was crazy and pointed out all the differences, which were minor but sufficient. My big beef was that the Death Star had basically the same design flaw as the one Luke blew up, and I raved and ranted about that until my brother calmly pointed out that I was an idiot.

In order to curry favor with my Nephews, I have pre-purchased the video game Star Wars Battlefront 2: 2017, and my minor participation in the beta has re-kindled my interest in the franchise. I think I might see that film with Rey again, the Rogue Nation one, and this new one too. If I'm really polite about them, the nephews might look after me in my dotage.

--------------------
Human

Posts: 1185 | From: Romsey, Vic, AU | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
Trudy Scrumptious

BBE Shieldmaiden
# 5647

- Posted      Profile for Trudy Scrumptious   Author's homepage   Email Trudy Scrumptious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:

Now, it looks suspiciously like Rey is talking to Kylo Ren, which upset Daughter-Unit and I greatly. However, since the backgrounds in that clip are different, I'm hoping that's a deliberate red herring!

Is this the thing that people were upset about and described as a big spoiler? To me that looked like a classic example of misleading scene-cutting in the trailer. You can't tell who either Rey or Kylo Ren is talking to in that scene: I think it's cut from two different scenes to make it look like they're talking to each other. But I guess we'll see!

--------------------
Books and things.

I lied. There are no things. Just books.

Posts: 7358 | From: Closer to Paris than I am to Vancouver | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought the big give-away was that Kylo-Ren is going to kill his mother. They have to write Carrie Fisher out of the series somehow (sniff).

I predict some very recycly Jedi-training (but without Yoda).

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Trudy Scrumptious

BBE Shieldmaiden
# 5647

- Posted      Profile for Trudy Scrumptious   Author's homepage   Email Trudy Scrumptious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Was there anything in the trailer that suggested Kylo killing Leia? If so, I missed it (not that I mind an excuse to watch it again).

--------------------
Books and things.

Posts: 7358 | From: Closer to Paris than I am to Vancouver | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Author's homepage   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I took the scene where Leia was looking out the window of whatever space ship that was, and Kylo Ren with his finger on the trigger could be another red herring, or it could be how Carrie Fisher (msriparig) gets written out of the story.

Simontoad, that annoyed me too, but it seems the Evil Empire, or First Order or current bad dudes all seem to think they'll eventually get the Death Star right.

Bad Guy 1: "Let's just make it bigger!!"
Bad Guy 2: "Yeah, that'll work!"

--------------------

Posts: 17826 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Isn't it usual that Jedi have trouble with their teachers in some way? Daddy issues have already been repeated. Maybe we're going to do mummy issues now. It's in Freud somewhere, who got it from the ancient Greeks. What symbology is the big eared white cat-goat in the trailer. An archetype perhaps?
Posts: 11068 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by la vie en rouge:
I thought the big give-away was that Kylo-Ren is going to kill his mother. They have to write Carrie Fisher out of the series somehow (sniff).

Adam Driver ( throwing down script) :"Are you shitting me? Are you out of your minds? Little kids will be shin- kicking me in the streets! "

--------------------
"Take your broken heart, make it into art"-- Carrie Fisher (1956-2016)

Posts: 35053 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

For being such a great human being, Adam Driver sure plays a believable evil bad guy!

I'm hoping for a story of redemption, but what do I know?

--------------------

Trudy Scrumptious

BBE Shieldmaiden
# 5647

Oh, I think we're getting a Kylo Ren redemption arc, but not to be completed in this movie. Also I think killing BOTH your parents might be a bit too far to come back from for a redemption story, but that's just me.

--------------------
Books and things.

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
quote:
Originally posted by la vie en rouge:

Adam Driver ( throwing down script) :"Are you shitting me? Are you out of your minds? Little kids will be shin- kicking me in the streets! "
"Leia shot first".

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17179 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016