homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » The Styx   » Outing a shipmate

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Outing a shipmate
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There has been some discussion of a shipmate's suspension from his position on the Southern Cross thread in All Saints. Latest posts link to an interview where the Shipmate discusses his position, and is named. I don't know if he agreed to or is comfortable with this, but on the face of it I wanted to flag my concern.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks for the headsup.

I've removed the two links which names names on a precautionary basis. I've kept a copy, so can put them back if requested by the Shipmate himself.

I'll take this opportunity to remind everyone to be careful in posts that have the potential to out Shipmates real life identity. Especially when you think it's a well known real life identity, just because you know information doesn't make it universally known, and doesn't mean that the Shipmate wants their identity more widely known. If in doubt, there are very few points that are so urgent that they can't wait while you ask permission to share that information or ask the advice of the hosts.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Great reminder, especially as so many of us are also connected on facebook now.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016