homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Who's on Your T-Shirt? (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Who's on Your T-Shirt?
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hubby and I have just returned from the International Beatle Week in Liverpool. We go every year, as we are avid fans of the Fab Four. I was wondering whether any other shipmates would admit to belonging to any fan clubs, appreciation socities etc. So, who (if anyone) is on your T-shirt, badges/buttons, shoe laces etc? [Smile]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Most of my t-shirts promote my own place, but I do have 2 others that I really like. One has the All Blacks logo and reads "I support two teams, the All Blacks and anyone playing Austrailia". The other has a quote from Phil Robertson, AKA The Duck Commander.

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not in any fan clubs or anything like that, but as far as t-shirts go, I'm known to wear a lot of Detroit or Michigan related t-shirts, including:

-Made In Detroit (which is a clothing brand)
-Imported from Detroit
-(a few plain ol') Detroit
-a GM t-shirt with the word Detroit emblazoned across it
-Sanders "a Detroit original" (Sanders is a candy -company best known for their amazing hot fudges)
-a Made in Detroit t-shirt that says "Made in Hockeytown"
-a couple Detroit Red Wings t-shirts
-a couple Detroit Institute of Arts t-shirts
-a hoodie by Motor City Denim (another clothing company that makes its clothes in Detroit)
-a couple Wayne State University t-shirts (I worked there; it's in Detroit)
-a few University of Michigan t-shirts (my alma mater)
-a couple other Michigan (state of) t-shirts

I think that's it, but I might be forgetting something.

I also have a symbol of Detroit tattooed on my wrist, where you find my pulse, so I guess if there's a fan club for the city of Detroit, I'm at least an honorary member!

I'm trying to buy more plain, no-writing t-shirts and other kinds of shirts, 'cause I'm starting to feel like a cliché of myself.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Edith
Shipmate
# 16978

- Posted      Profile for Edith     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I still cherish my 25 year old tee shirt saying:

Labour women make policy. Not tea.

--------------------
Edith

Posts: 256 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, but I also have tote bags ("Detroit Lives," Eastern Market, and a glow-in-the-dark on black image of the Great Lakes) and other stuff around the house (tiles, magnets, etc.)

To be balanced, I have a few Oakland bags & so far one shirt, I mean to get more. 'Cause that's where I'm living right now.

--------------------

LutheranChik
Shipmate
# 9826

- Posted      Profile for LutheranChik   Author's homepage   Email LutheranChik   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Our T-shirts tend to promote Michigan travel -- for instance, right now I'm wearing a Les Cheneaux Islands Wooden Boat Show T-shirt, while DP is wearing a T-shirt advertising Art's Tavern, an iconic bar in Glen Arbor. We also have several Michigan State University (me) and University of Michigan (her) T-shirts.

--------------------
Simul iustus et peccator
http://www.lutheranchiklworddiary.blogspot.com

Posts: 6462 | From: rural Michigan, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The tshirt I am wearing presently reads CJ '97 Kananaskis subcamp.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a Nudist T-Shirt. The link is totally work safe, the writer of that book actually sent it to me.

Jengie

[ 28. August 2012, 21:03: Message edited by: Jengie Jon ]

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have two T-shirts from the Exchange Hotel in Gordonsville, VA. The hotel was used as a hospital during the Civil War, and it's now a museum.

The reason I like these shirts is that my father was born there. His parents were keeping the hotel at the time.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mama Thomas
Shipmate
# 10170

- Posted      Profile for Mama Thomas   Email Mama Thomas   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I make a point of wearing t shirts with nothing on them. I buy one occasionally if I HAVE to, like kids selling them at a fundraiser on Pres. Obama's birthday, an ACLU meeting or something.

Did have one done up of a t-shirt featured in the late, great 'Epeli Hau'ofa's book, Tales of the Tikongs.

Front: Over Influenced
Back: Religion and Education Destroy Original Wisdom. (Fundies would challenge me in public on that one!)

--------------------
All hearts are open, all desires known

Posts: 3742 | From: Somewhere far away | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
ebeth

Shipmate
# 4474

- Posted      Profile for ebeth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am wearing a t-shirt with " Talk Nerdy to Me" on it. I picked this up in New Mexico at the National Museum of Nuclear Science and History.

--------------------
"To eat bread without hope is still, slowly to starve to death." --Pearl S. Buck

Posts: 1486 | From: Here | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have spilled the pasta sauce I made for supper (wine, soya milk, fresh basil and thyme, peppers, onion, 2 varieties of cheese), and the Heavenly Hash ice cream that followed. I expect to next spill tea down my front, and marvel at the lovely and tidier things that some of you wear.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
nickel
Shipmate
# 8363

- Posted      Profile for nickel   Email nickel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
To quote Brian Eno, "The passage of my life is measured out in shirts...." Today's t-shirt featured Red Stripe -- the beer from Jamaica -- and lots of palm trees and beaches. Alas it does nothing for my (in)ability to dance.

A recent favorite t-shirt has a sketch of a border collie, curled up asleep, with the caption "That'll do." Bought in honor of our now six month old puppy. So sweet when she conks out, especially with The Precious Frisbee under her head.

Most of my t-shirts are from various race tracks. They can be so cheap, especially if you're willing to buy last season's designs like I am.

I have several band t-shirts in regular rotation: Rancid, the Clash, the Libertines, BRMC, Brian Jonestown Massacre, the Felice Brothers, and David Bowie ("Heroes" and "Heathen"). Beatles week in Liverpool? sounds great! Is there a special shirt each year? must look it up...

Posts: 547 | From: Virginia USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Current pattern is a skull against a gear. the skull is wearing an eyepatch and an antique aviator cap. Its teeth are like gear teeth and there are two pistons crossed beneath.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is the t-shirt I slept in last night.

Proudly.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Henry VIII. (From a local Shakespeare company)

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
the only promotional tees I own are from my work - I have three. each one from when I got a lot of beer spilled on me and had to go ransack the tee supply so I could change into something dry.

I actually own the t-shirts for two bands - one I was in and the other I helped manage for awhile, but I don't wear the shirts.

as far as "fandom" stuff - I have a Doctor Who poster in my bedroom. yeah, like a squeally teenage girl. shattap. don't judge me.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Edgeman
Shipmate
# 12867

- Posted      Profile for Edgeman   Email Edgeman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
97% of the t shirts I own are related to the sub-genre of music from which I get my name. I have exactly 2 t shirts having to do with the local baseball team, and that's out of close to 70 t shirts. A few of them have live photos on the back of the vocalists.

--------------------
http://sacristyxrat.tumblr.com/

Posts: 1420 | From: Philadelphia Penns. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bob Two-Owls
Shipmate
# 9680

- Posted      Profile for Bob Two-Owls         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a lot of metal band t-shirts, currently wearing an Iron Maiden "Number of the Beast" due to the boss being on holiday (he insists on shirt & tie even for us basement dwellers).

My non metallic t-shirts tend to be martial arts related ones from the various dojos I have trained in or just general Bruce Lee/Jackie Chan/Jet Li/Sammo Hung ones my friend gets for me in Hong Kong.

Snags
Utterly socially unrealistic
# 15351

- Posted      Profile for Snags   Author's homepage   Email Snags   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Phew, I was beginning to feel a little odd until Bob posted.

Currently wearing a Dilbert t-shirt, but historically all of my t-shirts were bought at gigs. Unfortunately most of those are of sufficient vintage that the wardrobe has caused them to shrink dreadfully, so the current crop are a mix of bands or vaguely daft quips ("I was never cool", "Rock is dead, long live paper & scissors", just daftness).

Periodically I dig out my "No I will not fix your computer" just for church.

--------------------
Vain witterings :-: Vain pretentions :-: The Dog's Blog(locks)

Posts: 1399 | From: just north of That London | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I haven't yet found a scrabble t-shirt, but I do have a scrabble mug.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't wear printed T Shirts - but Mr Boog wears this one very proudly!

[Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Earwig

Pincered Beastie
# 12057

- Posted      Profile for Earwig   Author's homepage   Email Earwig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Starbug:
Hubby and I have just returned from the International Beatle Week in Liverpool. We go every year, as we are avid fans of the Fab Four.

Tangent - I was in Liverpool last week as well - I had no idea it was the International Beatles Week, but had a lot of fun dancing in the Cavern Pub to a Brazilian Beatles act!
Posts: 3120 | From: Yorkshire | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Earwig:
quote:
Hubby and I have just returned from the International Beatle Week in Liverpool. We go every year, as we are avid fans of the Fab Four.

Tangent - I was in Liverpool last week as well - I had no idea it was the International Beatles Week, but had a lot of fun dancing in the Cavern Pub to a Brazilian Beatles act!
Was that the Clube Big Beatles? They're one of our favourite tribute bands. (If they had a bald guy who uses big cardboard 'hands' to get the audience clapping, it was them. They also give out boards with 'Na' written on them, for the audience to wave during Hey Jude. We kept ours. [Hot and Hormonal] If we go to another Paul McCartney concert, we're going to take them with us.)

@Nickel - Yes, there's a different T-shirt for Beatleweek each year. They have a picture by the American artist Shannon on the front and a list of all the tribute bands who took part on the back. You can see Shannon's artwork here: http://www.theshannongallery.com/

@Comet - Which Doctor is on your poster? (Hope it's the lovely Matt Smith!)

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Earwig

Pincered Beastie
# 12057

- Posted      Profile for Earwig   Author's homepage   Email Earwig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Was that the Clube Big Beatles? They're one of our favourite tribute bands. (If they had a bald guy who uses big cardboard 'hands' to get the audience clapping, it was them. They also give out boards with 'Na' written on them, for the audience to wave during Hey Jude. We kept ours. [Hot and Hormonal] If we go to another Paul McCartney concert, we're going to take them with us.)

Aw, they sound amazing! No, we saw the BlueBeatles, who were very good but did not have cardboard hands.

I used to have some great tshirts designed by John Allison of the webcomic Scary Go Round, including this "Ukes not Nukes" one. But I grew too fat for it. [Frown]

Posts: 3120 | From: Yorkshire | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
JB

Independent Thinker
# 1776

- Posted      Profile for JB   Email JB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Summers, three days per week at the two informal offices, I wear pocket tees so the pen has a place.

For special occasions, the TIGHAR tee.

But for special occasions with shipmates both Motherboard and I wear shirts from various Colorado and New Mexico shipmeets.

--------------------
You live, you learn
You learn, you live

Posts: 2588 | From: Land of Enchantment | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My favourite T-shirt (second-hand) has Carpe Diem*. I also have a Finland one which I feel is a bit of a cheat. I've visited Helsinki three times, but each time for only three or four days, never in autumn or winter and not been more than about 50 kms outside the city, so I don't really feel entitled. But it is a great capital city.

*usually translated as Seize the Day, as I expect most people know.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
WhateverTheySay
Shipmate
# 16598

- Posted      Profile for WhateverTheySay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The most I have on any of my tshirts is stripes. I prefer to wear plain tshirts.

(edit to correct typo)

[ 29. August 2012, 18:11: Message edited by: WhateverTheySay ]

--------------------
I'm not lost, I just don't know where I am going

Posts: 872 | From: Lost in Space, without a map | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My favourite is one I had printed. It says PERFETCIONIST.

That is not a typo.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I had one printed years ago that said, "Closet Existentialist."

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Prester John
Shipmate
# 5502

- Posted      Profile for Prester John   Email Prester John   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At my request my wife made me a shirt last year for Father's Day with a picture of Hugh Beaumont. It says, "What Would Ward Do?".
Posts: 884 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Eigon
Shipmate
# 4917

- Posted      Profile for Eigon   Author's homepage   Email Eigon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Most of my Tshirts with slogans on feature beer, from a Norwich Beer Festival over 20 years ago to a couple of Hobgoblin "British Beer Needs You". I also have one for the Battle of Hastings 2006, and a Starfleet Academy one.
My most recent purchase has the slogan "It is a fact universally acknowledged that a mad man in possession of a blue box must be in need of a companion."

--------------------
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.

Posts: 3710 | From: Hay-on-Wye, town of books | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

Ah, yes - music t-shirts. I have t-shirts for:

Joy Division
The Velvet Underground
Bruce Cockburn
Dead Can Dance
His Name is Alive
The Smiths
The Clash
Vigilantes of Love

and one from the Projekt Festival I attended back in '97 or '98
and one from the very first Detroit Electronic Music Festival (now known as "Movement").

Not music, but I also have a Kids in the Hall t-shirt.

Several of the music shirts I rarely wear out anymore, mostly around the house or to bed. The Smiths t-shirt was for Hatfull of Hollow, and I dyed it orange; the Clash t-shirt I dyed green. Both have faded and been re-dyed several times, but right now are really faded. (RIT dye, you know.) The DCD shirt I sometimes wear out, but it's full of tiny holes. The Joy Division shirt has bleach stains on it, which I've tried to dye, but for some reason that never works.

The VoL, HNIA, and DEMF shirts are too small for me now, so I only wear them around the house or to bed.

I have one Bruce Cockburn shirt that's too small, and one that's too long - that one I bought last year at a concert, and have been meaning to trim & hem it, just haven't gotten to it yet.

--------------------

Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

- Posted      Profile for Zacchaeus   Email Zacchaeus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Hubby and I have just returned from the International Beatle Week in Liverpool. We go every year, as we are avid fans of the Fab Four. I was wondering whether any other shipmates would admit to belonging to any fan clubs, appreciation socities etc. So, who (if anyone) is on your T-shirt, badges/buttons, shoe laces etc? [Smile]

I wear a Beatles tee shirt - I bought it in the sales in a supermatket in the south of England for £3.
Posts: 1905 | From: the back of beyond | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Egeria
Shipmate
# 4517

- Posted      Profile for Egeria     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't usually buy t-shirts with commercial logos (Speedo is the exception), but I do like to bring home souvenir shirts from states, cities and museums I visit--they're inexpensive and when they get worn out I wear them at the gym. So I've got a Maryland shirt with a blue crab, a Rhode Island shirt with embroidered lobster, and a shirt with Luxor embroidered in Arabic and English. Old shirts reserved for the gym are a Chicago House anniversary shirt with a picture of Amun and Mut and a Met Museum shirt decorated with William, the blue faience hippopotamus.
I have also accumulated quite a few Cal t-shirts: an alumni shirt, a football shirt, and four women's basketball shirts, including the one commemorating our WNIT championship from 2010 (I'm a season ticket holder and a member of the booster club--roll on, you Bears [Yipee] .) Two tees celebrating UC's Scripps Institution of Oceanography also reside in my shirt drawer.

--------------------
"Sound bodies lined / with a sound mind / do here pursue with might / grace, honor, praise, delight."--Rabelais

Posts: 314 | From: Berkeley, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One of my piano students gave me a T-shirt with this picture on it. What a lovely student he is!!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

- Posted      Profile for Dark Knight   Email Dark Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BessHiggs:
One has the All Blacks logo and reads "I support two teams, the All Blacks and anyone playing Austrailia" .

That wouldn't surprise me. Good at rugby, literacy ... Not so much.

--------------------
So don't ever call me lucky
You don't know what I done, what it was, who I lost, or what it cost me
- A B Original: I C U

----
Love is as strong as death (Song of Solomon 8:6).

Posts: 2958 | From: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

- Posted      Profile for Dark Knight   Email Dark Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, and Heisenberg is on my T-shirt right now. Walter White from Breaking Bad.

--------------------

----

Posts: 2958 | From: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bob Dylan is on six of them. No surprises there. My Van Morrison one wore out.

I might add that Bobby's merchandisers make crap tee shirts ... they look good but come undone quickly.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Perhaps I should add that shippie Clarence (other half of FD) bought me one that says "not that kind of doctor". [Big Grin] I also have one that says "my other shirt has a clerical collar".

Pretentious, moi?

--------------------

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Scarlet

Mellon Collie
# 1738

- Posted      Profile for Scarlet         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My one and only:

Detroit Dog Rescue

...and I'm nowhere near Detroit, but I'm really interested in the plight of all the city's abandoned houses (Bungalows even [Frown] ) amd the thousands of deserted, stray, roaming dogs.

They've received a lot of press and some amazing donations. I discovered them by watching the national broadcast evening news.

--------------------
They took from their surroundings what was needed... and made of it something more.
—dialogue from Primer

Jigsaw
Shipmate
# 11433

- Posted      Profile for Jigsaw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:
Bob Dylan is on six of them. I might add that Bobby's merchandisers make crap tee shirts ... they look good but come undone quickly.

A bit like his recent UK performances, then?

--------------------
You are not alone in this.

Posts: 743 | From: Snorbens, UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
crunt
Shipmate
# 1321

- Posted      Profile for crunt   Author's homepage   Email crunt   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Red is not good on me - it brings out the florid, but I do have a red Billy Bragg T-shirt featuring a worker depicted in the socialist style with the legend 'the revolution is just a T-shirt away'. I wear it A LOT. I can't remember exactly how long I have had it, but it is definitely a pre-2005 vintage. I love it!

--------------------
QUIZ: Bible
QUIZ: world religions
LTL Discussion
languagespider.com

Posts: 269 | From: Up country in the middle of Malaysia | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

quote:
Perhaps I should add that shippie Clarence (other half of FD) bought me one that says "not that kind of doctor".

My mates bought me one of those for a birthday a few years ago. Love it.

--------------------

----

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

quote:
Originally posted by Jigsaw:
quote:
Bob Dylan is on six of them. I might add that Bobby's merchandisers make crap tee shirts ... they look good but come undone quickly.

A bit like his recent UK performances, then?
Not so - and previews of his new album have me excited ... but that's a-whole-nother-thread.

--------------------

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sauce.

And I don't own one of these.

mr curly

--------------------
My Blog - Writing, Film, Other Stuff

Posts: 2645 | From: Curly Flat | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have an Anglican Hooligan t-shirt.

I was advised not to wear it before ordination.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Knight:
quote:
Originally posted by BessHiggs:
One has the All Blacks logo and reads "I support two teams, the All Blacks and anyone playing Austrailia" .

That wouldn't surprise me. Good at rugby, literacy ... Not so much.
The local version says, "I support Canterbury and anyone playing Auckland."

My favourite t shirt says, "Christchurch Rocks" with a picture taken from the quake drum showing one of the many quakes, but there were oyjer more witty ones to came out of the experience of the last 22 months.

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I usually wear my logo type T-Shirts to bed rather then out.

At the moment I am sleeping in.
Feed the hungry. Local food panty program.
Bucket of blood. Blood drive T
There is no right or wrong way just play. Dulcimer T shirt was a gift.
and The Episcopal Church Welcomes You to the Spring Fling.

Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I saw a lovely t-shirt / sweatshirt design in the Cathedral shop at Salisbury. It had a chorister teddy on it who looked just like me <-

Regretting not buying it now.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016