homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » The end of my ministry? (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The end of my ministry?
Ruudy
Shipmate
# 3939

- Posted      Profile for Ruudy   Email Ruudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
The shipmate formerly known as Goar.

Posts: 1360 | From: Gatorland | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dee.
Ship's Theological Acrobat
# 5681

- Posted      Profile for Dee.   Email Dee.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Jesus - nice bloke, bit religious

Posts: 2679 | From: Under Downunder | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bostonman
Shipmate
# 17108

- Posted      Profile for Bostonman   Email Bostonman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cedd:
I am meeting an old and trusted colleague tomorrow to discuss how possible it would be for me to return and it may even be the case that there will be a job there.

Please do let us know how it goes, either way!

[Votive]

Posts: 424 | From: USA | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged
womanspeak
Shipmate
# 15394

- Posted      Profile for womanspeak   Email womanspeak   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Our thoughts are with you from the other side of the globe. We can only imagine the pressure which your family continues to experience in this Advent time. I hope your family can enjoy Christmas, regardless of uncertainty, and that God will lead your family to safe harbour.

Some years ago, with ankle-biters ( aussie pre-schoolers), I had three days to take up a position 3 hours from home. My hubby, while also working full time, managed magnificently during the week for two years. I made the most of it career-wise and did extra study during my lonely free time. When moving back to the family town proved totally impossible we bit the bullet and went bush together. We have had some amazing opportunities for personal, professional and ministry growth. But it does take two to agree to radical solutions.

I hope your solution becomes clearer.

--------------------
from the bush

Posts: 62 | From: rural australia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
fletcher christian

Mutinous Seadog
# 13919

- Posted      Profile for fletcher christian   Email fletcher christian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Don't give up. I know thats much easier said than done. You have something of an uphill struggle I suspect, in being limited to a particular area. On a practical note - because you are limiting yourself to a particular area - be careful that you don't fall into the trap of 'real-world' job searching and end up applying for everything thats going. Be selective, but pay particular attention to any parish that actually calls you for interview or expresses an interest in your coming. I'm not quite sure how it works in the C of E, but if there are nominators, be very discerning. In many cases it is a sad fact that they don't represent the parish terribly well. Sometimes they can have their axe to grind, which is why they are in that position, and other times they might be there because nobody else wanted to do it or because they are retired and have the time to do it. Find out as much as you can about a parish outside of its profile and contact at the very least, two former incumbents/curates. If possible, arrive late for a service at a church you may be interested in, sit at the back and sneak out quietly before the end. Remember that it may not be a true reflection of a parish, but it should give you at least a rough idea of how they worship and what kind of a community they are.

If you haven't done so already, actively seek the support of your archdeacon and your Bishop and request regular meetings to hear what might be coming up in the diocese that they think would be suitable. But this comes with a word of caution too - don't be pushed into a parish that has been vacant for a while (possibly for good reason) that they just want filled.

If you are happy where you are, and there is work to be done, perhaps you could approach the diocese with the suggestion that you go NSM for a while in that parish and take on either a secular job of your choosing, or in the best situation, a diocesan post that needs filling. The danger here is that once you go NSM with a secular job, it might be very difficult to return to paid ministry and in the future parishes may look on you as a cheap form of Vicar/Rector.

Pray often, chat it over regularly with those that count, be active but not desperate and be sure of what you are looking for.

--------------------
'God is love insaturable, love impossible to describe'
Staretz Silouan

Posts: 5235 | From: a prefecture | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I echo all the concern about your situation, and all the prayers for you, and for your wife.
Do have a look at Prison Chaplaincy. It suits down to earth people who have been through the mill. I have a freind who is really relishing the role.

[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rosa Winkel

Saint Anger round my neck
# 11424

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Winkel   Author's homepage   Email Rosa Winkel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I share concerns.

As someone who was employed for about three years I know it's a bastard time waiting.

--------------------
The Disability and Jesus "Locked out for Lent" project

Posts: 3271 | From: Wrocław | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cedd
Shipmate
# 8436

- Posted      Profile for Cedd   Email Cedd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you all dear friends - your support means more than you can know. The process is still ongoing and whilst there is light in the darkness I think it is true to say that I (we) are in a bad place at the moment, both mentally and spiritually. Frankly I have no idea how I am going to do the next week of Christmas events. There is a possibility of both a church job and a professional job but I am so 'all over the place' I can hardly trust myself to make an informed decision. Crying at the drop of a hat and would like to do nothing more than sleep for a week. What a miserable sod I am at the moment!

Anyway, thank you, thank you, thank you.

--------------------
Cedd

Churchmanship: This week I am mostly an evangelical, catholic, orthodox with both liberal and illiberal tendancies. Terms and conditions apply.

Posts: 377 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
FWIW My employment strategy to date has always been to apply in the area I consider my vocation and then take the first thing I am offered. It has worked thus far. Research shows agonising about a big decision doesn't improve the quality of the decision you ultimately take - so there is a lot to be said for going with your gut instinct.

In the position you describe, I'd probably just take the first church job offered - on the basis that you can continue to explore options from a secure base.

YMMV

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
SyNoddy
Shipmate
# 17009

- Posted      Profile for SyNoddy     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Cedd
[Votive] for you and your family.
I have been following this thread and reading of your challenging circumstances with much sympathy.
I pray that you find 'strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow', enough at least to see you through to the New Year because in the words of Mr Micawber ' something will turn up'

Posts: 53 | From: Somewhere near the Middle | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Imersge Canfield
Shipmate
# 17431

- Posted      Profile for Imersge Canfield   Email Imersge Canfield   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am a bit concerned for Cedd. Who has not been around for a week or more it seems to me.

i don't want to intrude - or neglect, at such a time.

Any thoughts from long term members here ?

--------------------
'You must not attribute my yielding, to sinister appetites'
"Preach the gospel and only use jewellry if necessary." (The Midge)

Posts: 419 | From: Sun Ship over Grand Fenwick Duchy | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Still thinking of you and yours Cedd. Don't feel you have to report to anyone here. You'll have much more important things to focus on! Just know that you're supported.

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Angloid
Shipmate
# 159

- Posted      Profile for Angloid     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Brian: You're all individuals!
Crowd: We're all individuals!
Lone voice: I'm not!

Posts: 12927 | From: The Pool of Life | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
shamwari
Shipmate
# 15556

- Posted      Profile for shamwari   Email shamwari   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers too.

I would have thought that, in ordaining someone, the Church accepts responsibility thereafter.

Certainly my denomination does.

I find it incredible that Cedd is in this position.

Posts: 1914 | From: from the abyss of misunderstanding | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Imersge Canfield
Shipmate
# 17431

- Posted      Profile for Imersge Canfield   Email Imersge Canfield   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shamwari:
Prayers too.

I would have thought that, in ordaining someone, the Church accepts responsibility thereafter.

Certainly my denomination does.

I find it incredible that Cedd is in this position.

Thinking of Cedd.

i feel like you Shamwari for sure.

--------------------

Posts: 419 | From: Sun Ship over Grand Fenwick Duchy | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged
Yam-pk
Shipmate
# 12791

- Posted      Profile for Yam-pk   Email Yam-pk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah, the Church of England - indisguishable from a ruthless secular company but for the 19th century dress... [brick wall] [Tear]
Posts: 472 | From: The Grim North | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have just spent two years doing some vocational discerning in the Anglican church. One thing that has truly astounded me is that after training its workers thoroughly, and excellently, the church then seems to abandon them. Cedd is certainly not the only one suffering like this.

The way we treat our own is very telling.

No wonder Jesus wept.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Banner Lady, that is very much my impression. I've known various clergy who have hit rough times, and no one in the system is concerned. They have been allowed to drift away, often full of bitterness and the Church they served faithfully. It seems to me that the CoE is not concerned about caring for its clergy.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Vulpior

Foxier than Thou
# 12744

- Posted      Profile for Vulpior   Author's homepage   Email Vulpior   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's not just the clergy. "Not only is your ministry role coming to an end as the new rector starts, but advice based on your knowledge and experience is unwelcome."

--------------------
I've started blogging. I don't promise you'll find anything to interest you at uncleconrad

Posts: 946 | From: Mount Fairy, NSW | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Imersge Canfield
Shipmate
# 17431

quote:
Originally posted by Anselmina:
Still thinking of you and yours Cedd. Don't feel you have to report to anyone here. You'll have much more important things to focus on! Just know that you're supported.

yea [Votive]

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] Cedd and family

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And again [Votive]

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Imersge Canfield
Shipmate
# 17431

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
[Votive] Cedd and family

Amen

--------------------

Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cedd and family [Votive]

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And again: [Votive]

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Imersge Canfield
Shipmate
# 17431

[Votive]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Imersge Canfield
Shipmate
# 17431

hoping

--------------------

Traveller
Shipmate
# 1943

- Posted      Profile for Traveller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live:
I will praise my God while I have my being.
Psalm 104 v.33

Posts: 1037 | From: Wherever the car has stopped at the moment! | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Imersge Canfield
Shipmate
# 17431

[Votive]

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Armin:
Banner Lady, that is very much my impression. I've known various clergy who have hit rough times, and no one in the system is concerned. They have been allowed to drift away, often full of bitterness and the Church they served faithfully. It seems to me that the CoE is not concerned about caring for its clergy.

Without wanting to "politicise" Cedd's predicament (which I understand and can deeply sympathise with. I've been in a similar place), can I just put on my "union hat" here?

Robert Armin is right. Far too often, the C of E as an organisation treats its clergy with appalling negligence. Burnout and depression are far too common, as are incidences of bullying and harassment.

Part of my advice to Cedd (and all others in similar positions) would be to join the Faith Workers' Branch of Unite. There is a crying need for independent sources of informed advice and support. I know of far too many decent, hard-working clergy who feel let down and that they are just wasting their time and that no-one in the "system" pays a blind bit of notice to them, unless it is to do with money!

--------------------
Faradiu, dundeibáwa weyu lárigi weyu

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

- Posted      Profile for geroff   Email geroff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oscar - is this still current - I can only find a link to an archived article on the Unite website, from Google - the current union website doesn't recognise 'faith worker' in its search engine.

--------------------
"The first principle in science is to invent something nice to look at and then decide what it can do." Rowland Emett 1906-1990

Posts: 1172 | From: Montgomeryshire, Wales | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
AberVicar
Mornington Star
# 16451

- Posted      Profile for AberVicar     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Try this:

http://www.ceca.org.uk

--------------------
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

Posts: 742 | From: Abertillery | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Unite website has recently had an upgrade and not everything is in place as yet. In addition, the work on the upgrade has meant that it has proved impossible to to get the relevant pages updated, so even what you can find is looking desperately out of date. Hopefully, this will change soon.

As a clarification, CECA is a newly set up part of the Faith Workers' Branch. It is intended that it will have its own identity and structure (specifically serving Church of England Clergy) but will always remain a part of the overall branch. So anyone who joins CECA will also get the full benefits of being a branch member (including legal support where necessary).

Again, the website and the structures are still being put together.

(CECA's chair is Pete Hobson, who worked on the Genersl Synod's House of Clergy working party which investigated setting up a professional association. CECA is intended to be such an association, fully independent from the Church of England.)

--------------------
Faradiu, dundeibáwa weyu lárigi weyu

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Imersge Canfield
Shipmate
# 17431

I think it is very good to know of this website and the union of intention. It has to be a part of solidarity for minsiters.

But can't help wondering how Cedd and his family are; and hoping for a good resolution.

It is painful to think of such situations, such unkindness and how God can be honoured therein...

--------------------

justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

- Posted      Profile for justlooking   Author's homepage   Email justlooking   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by geroff:
I can only find a link to an archived article on the Unite website, from Google - the current union website doesn't recognise 'faith worker' in its search engine.

AFAIK the faithworkers' branch is a sub-section of the 'not-for-profit' section which may itself be a sub-section. I'm a member because it applies to all faithworkers including voluntary workers such as Methodist Local Preachers and CofE Readers. My membership card is for 'General Workers.' There's a helpline number for faithworkers which will give the relevant details for anyone wanting to join.

Unite's faithworker section is very clued up about the Church's 'Dignity at Work' policy which appears to have been adopted by all dioceses but which is effectively ignored by many, including Ripon and Leeds whose diocesan was instrumental in producing the policy.

Posts: 2319 | From: thither and yon | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
seasick

...over the edge
# 48

- Posted      Profile for seasick   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] Cedd and family

--------------------
We believe there is, and always was, in every Christian Church, ... an outward priesthood, ordained by Jesus Christ, and an outward sacrifice offered therein. - John Wesley

Posts: 5769 | From: A world of my own | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Imersge Canfield
Shipmate
# 17431

[Votive] Cedd and family

--------------------

Imersge Canfield
Shipmate
# 17431

For you and yours at Epiphany-tide Cedd

[Votive]

[ 06. January 2013, 20:38: Message edited by: Imersge Canfield ]

--------------------

Cedd
Shipmate
# 8436

- Posted      Profile for Cedd   Email Cedd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Friends and Shipmates,

I just wanted to let you know that I have just been offered and accepted a vicar's post in the next-door diocese. This was the last interview in my diary and was only confirmed a few days ago. In a way I have been slightly in denial about the situation because it has been so stressful for so long that I can't quite get my head around the fact that it is nearly over and that we are going somewhere that looks good.

I also went for a couple of interviews back in my secular career and one of the firms seemed very keen for me to go there in a fairly senior role. I have to say that I came extremely close to leaving the church entirely and, the sad thing is, that no one in my existing hierarchy would have cared much, I would just be a problem that had been solved. However I do think that God would have cared and, although it has been a struggle, I have managed to hang onto my sense of calling and vocation despite the disinterest of my diocese.

I also have to say that the support and prayers of everyone here has meant a huge amount to me. Again it has proved that there is more than mere disinterest in what happens next. I want to say a huge "thank you" to everyone here who has offered help and support and prayers. It has been very much appreciated throughout.

This has been a huge learning experience on many levels and it will probably take some time for all the lessons to be digested and appreciated. Most importantly I have learnt how easy it is to tie up one's faith in God with the structures of the church, and how the fallibility of the latter can damage the former. As a clergyman that is a huge responsibility, especially knowing how fallible I am. One for continued prayer.

Anyway, a thousand thank you's on every level. You have each done more than you can know.

--------------------
Cedd

Churchmanship: This week I am mostly an evangelical, catholic, orthodox with both liberal and illiberal tendancies. Terms and conditions apply.

Posts: 377 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Brilliant news, Cedd, thanks for the update.

Continuing to hold you and your family in the Light.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Congratulations. That's wonderful. [Big Grin]

(Not been posting, but have been following & praying.)

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Jante
Shipmate
# 9163

- Posted      Profile for Jante   Email Jante   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Smile] So pleased to heat this news Cedd.
Prayers now for you and your wife's healing as you move forward in God's service [Votive]
Jante

--------------------
My blog http://vicarfactorycalling.blogspot.com/

Posts: 535 | From: deepest derbyshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Angloid
Shipmate
# 159

- Posted      Profile for Angloid     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good news! [Smile] [Votive] Take a good rest and don't rush into things.

--------------------
Brian: You're all individuals!
Crowd: We're all individuals!
Lone voice: I'm not!

Posts: 12927 | From: The Pool of Life | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is great news! I'm so glad for you and your family. Every blessing in the new place. I'm sure they will be very blessed indeed in having you for their vicar!
Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Rhythm Methodist
Shipmate
# 17064

- Posted      Profile for The Rhythm Methodist   Email The Rhythm Methodist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Excellent news! [Smile]
Posts: 202 | From: Wales | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

- Posted      Profile for Caissa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Congratulations Cedd.
Posts: 972 | From: Saint John, N.B. | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cedd:
However I do think that God would have cared... I have learnt how easy it is to tie up one's faith in God with the structures of the church, and how the fallibility of the latter can damage the former.

It sounds like you have gained a series of powerful insights. I don't doubt that the experience will make you a deeper, wiser and more effective minister. Continued prayers for you...

--------------------
mdijon nojidm uoɿıqɯ ɯqıɿou
ɯqıɿou uoɿıqɯ nojidm mdijon

Posts: 12277 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Imersge Canfield
Shipmate
# 17431

Fantstic news ! Well done.

What a relief

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016