homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Human Rights and Religion - did the ECHR get it right? (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Human Rights and Religion - did the ECHR get it right?
aumbry
Shipmate
# 436

- Posted      Profile for aumbry         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crœsos:
quote:
Originally posted by aumbry:
Well if your employer (if you have one) makes some post contractual changes to your conditions of employment then I expect you will resign without further ado. It is no different than a nurse with strong catholic views being sacked because he or she is suddenly expected to undertake abortions when that was never part of her original remit. If individuals have to change their moral code for fear of losing their jobs because of employers who know full well that they are effectively changing the terms of their employment then that leads eventually to something like the Third Reich.

From this we gather:
  • Replacing the 10 oz. cup with a 12 oz. cup ---> Hitler
  • Tranfer to the East Side branch office ---> liquidating the ghettos
  • New business cards with new logo ---> Reichstag fire
  • Change in paid leave policy ---> Final Solution

Remember kids, if your present day of employment isn't exactly like the one before (and identical to every other day since you took the job) the jackbooted Stormtroopers are just around the corner. Don't say you weren't warned!

None of your examples is a moral decision. Why not take the example of the nurse required to take part in abortions as the point of argument? Or perhaps someone working in a nursing home who at some future date might be required to euthanise (sp?) a patient.
Posts: 3869 | From: Quedlinburg | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
None of your examples is a moral decision. Why not take the example of the nurse required to take part in abortions as the point of argument? Or perhaps someone working in a nursing home who at some future date might be required to euthanise (sp?) a patient.

As you;re so keen to have previously-raised examples addressed, perhaps you;d like to answer the one Croesus raised?

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crœsos
Shipmate
# 238

- Posted      Profile for Crœsos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
From this we gather:

Remember kids, if your present day of employment isn't exactly like the one before (and identical to every other day since you took the job) the jackbooted Stormtroopers are just around the corner. Don't say you weren't warned!

None of your examples is a moral decision.
According to who? Your position is based on the idea that employees are able to substitute their own moral standards for company policy. Why shouldn't we take an employee seriously who claims that a 12 oz. cup is an abomination or that then new corporate logo is insulting to his faith?

I think your position can be summarized as "the law should accommodate my specific moral code, but not things which I personally don't consider to fall under the umbrella of morality". The big problem is that in most pluralisitic, Western societies government has given up the idea of maintaining a Department of Inquisition to patrol the limits of what is and is not a moral decision.

--------------------
Humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 10706 | From: Sardis, Lydia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
aumbry
Shipmate
# 436

quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
quote:

As you;re so keen to have previously-raised examples addressed, perhaps you;d like to answer the one Croesus raised?
And why don't you administer the thread so that we don't have to suffer abuse from dicks like Mousethief?
aumbry
Shipmate
# 436

quote:
quote:
quote:
From this we gather:

None of your examples is a moral decision.
According to who? Your position is based on the idea that employees are able to substitute their own moral standards for company policy. Why shouldn't we take an employee seriously who claims that a 12 oz. cup is an abomination or that then new corporate logo is insulting to his faith?

I think your position can be summarized as "the law should accommodate my specific moral code, but not things which I personally don't consider to fall under the umbrella of morality". The big problem is that in most pluralisitic, Western societies government has given up the idea of maintaining a Department of Inquisition to patrol the limits of what is and is not a moral decision.

Because whether you like it or not being against same sex unions is a moral standpoint - it is a standpoint taken by mainstream religions for instance. As far as I know the size of a cup is not. And in a pluralistic society it should be possible to make accommodations with people who do not share your particular moral standpoint without sacking them.
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
And why don't you administer the thread so that we don't have to suffer abuse from dicks like Mousethief?

Because I'm not a Host. Your turn to answer a question.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
aumbry
Shipmate
# 436

quote:
quote:

Because I'm not a Host. Your turn to answer a question.
Sorry my mistake.
tclune
Shipmate
# 7959

- Posted      Profile for tclune   Email tclune   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Hostly Hat ON
Aumbry, this is a personal attack. Your previous assertion that MT is a troll is also a violation of Ship rules. If you say anything at all of even a slightly similar sort, I will ask the Admins to give you shore leave. You're way out of line. I am now off to alert the Admins of my post to you.

--Tom Clune, Purgatory Host
Hostly Hat OFF

--------------------
This space left blank intentionally.

Posts: 8013 | From: Western MA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
aumbry
Shipmate
# 436

quote:
quote:
Well Karl you might be letting your employer off the hook if he changes your terms and conditions of employment without your agreement. Why should you be expected to do something you find morally irksome if it was never part of your original contract?

I'm not sure an individual employee should be allowed to dictate terms like that. For instance, say you were hired as a waitress at a "Whites Only" lunch counter in the late 1950s. A few years later public pressure forces your employer to reverse this policy and racially integrate, allowing all races to be served at your luncheonette. Is the employer obligated open a second, still "Whites Only" counter to accommodate its employees who find integration "morally irksome"? Just allow individual employees to only serve white customers, undercutting the new company policy? From the company's perspective the job hasn't changed (serving food), though some employees would say that it has (serving food to non-whites). I'm not seeing a way that an accommodation could be made in a case like that without drastically undercutting the employer's ability to run his business.
But what would be the moral grounds for not serving a non-white person?
aumbry
Shipmate
# 436

quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
quote:
quote:
quote:
that leads eventually to something like the Third Reich.

You lose. Thanks for playing. There's the door.
Can you never resist dumb one-liners?
Against asinine, fucked-up, stupid comments like yours? Probably not.
And that is not a personal attack?

Well after a decade this is the last ever post I make to this website. If you cannot administer it without partiality it does not deserve the time of day.

You can ban me for life for all I care.

tclune
Shipmate
# 7959

- Posted      Profile for tclune   Email tclune   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well after a decade this is the last ever post I make to this website. If you cannot administer it without partiality it does not deserve the time of day.

Hostly Hat ON
Aumbry, you are not a newbie. You know full well that all discussion of hostly matters is confined to Styx. STOP THIS CRAP NOW.

Hostly Hat OFF

--------------------
This space left blank intentionally.

Posts: 8013 | From: Western MA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Crœsos
Shipmate
# 238

- Posted      Profile for Crœsos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
I'm not sure an individual employee should be allowed to dictate terms like that. For instance, say you were hired as a waitress at a "Whites Only" lunch counter in the late 1950s. A few years later public pressure forces your employer to reverse this policy and racially integrate, allowing all races to be served at your luncheonette. Is the employer obligated open a second, still "Whites Only" counter to accommodate its employees who find integration "morally irksome"? Just allow individual employees to only serve white customers, undercutting the new company policy? From the company's perspective the job hasn't changed (serving food), though some employees would say that it has (serving food to non-whites). I'm not seeing a way that an accommodation could be made in a case like that without drastically undercutting the employer's ability to run his business.

But what would be the moral grounds for not serving a non-white person?
That the mixing of the races, even in a social setting, is immoral. It was a widely held belief in certain parts of the U.S. during the early and mid-twentieth century. Certain denominations even gave this division religious significance.

You seem to be thinking that there should be some kind of distinction under law for real morality (i.e. your own) and fake moral posturing (i.e. everyone else's moral code).

--------------------
Humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 10706 | From: Sardis, Lydia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's not just about moral viewpoints, in any case. It's about illegal actions. You can't go around saying, oh well, I won't serve those people because they're black/female/gay. Employers have to comply with such laws - they can't make excuses for racist/misogynistic/homophobic employees.

"I don't want to serve black people, as it's against my convictions".

"That's fine, we'll just set up a 'whites only' section just for you."

Eh?

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
aumbry
Shipmate
# 436

quote:
Originally posted by tclune:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hostly Hat ON
Aumbry, you are not a newbie. You know full well that all discussion of hostly matters is confined to Styx. STOP THIS CRAP NOW.

Hostly Hat OFF

Thank you to everyone who makes the effort of a good argument. And goodbye for ever.
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What interests me about this, is that some Christians obviously feel that they should be able to break the law. Well, I think sometimes that is justifiable, but it is normally in extreme conditions, isn't it? - one might think for example of the attempted assassination of Hitler, or sheltering Jews in Germany, both of which Christians may have agreed with.

But that seems rather a long way from refusing to counsel gay clients, or do a civil partnership.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What bothers me is that they make the decision to break the law, for no good reason, then cry 'persecution' when called on it.

[Confused]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

Well, their right to discriminate has been oppressed.

--------------------

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Evangeline:
The very fact that BA has wasted so much time and resources on trying to stop this woman wearing a cross outside her uniform is, actually outrageous and persuades me that there is something to Eweida's claims. I know Eweida was funded by a Christian lobby group and she and they were pushing this all the way but I would have thought that BA might have had a bit more smarts about them.

I'm going to come back to this one, because it's wrong by 180 degrees. BA in fact put a lot of time and resources into reviewing and then amending their uniform policy, following Ms Eweida's complaint.

After working for two years without any problem with the policy, she complained, and they agreed a working arrangement while they reviewed the policy (when it must have been tempting to tell her where to get off). Then she started deliberately ignoring that arrangement, so she was offered non-uniform roles at the same pay while the grievance and review were ongoing (again, a remarkably generous offer to a difficult and deliberately provocative employee). She refused those offers, and instead chose to go on unpaid leave. Finally, BA decided after review that their policy could be relaxed to permit her to wear a small cross.

That was all years ago. The time and resources that have been spent were entirely down to Ms Eweida attempting to make a big deal out of this and suing for the loss of earnings when she refused perfectly reasonable equivalents while policy was reviewed, despite receiving a number of donations (more than she would have earned over the period, according to the ECHR judges) thanks to all the publicity. If anyone was dragging this out, it wasn't BA.

And the greatest travesty is that BA's careful and considered accommodation of such an obstructive employee was then held against them as evidence that their existing policy was discriminatory. [Disappointed]

To be honest, I thought Lilian Ladele had a better case. She could genuinely claim to have suffered a fundamental change in her job which conflicted with her conscience, with no equivalent accommodation for her beliefs. Whether she should have won is another matter, but she definitely had the best case of the four. The law is an ass.

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Enoch
Shipmate
# 14322

- Posted      Profile for Enoch   Email Enoch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by quetzalcoatl:
What interests me about this, is that some Christians obviously feel that they should be able to break the law. ...

No. None of these instances was about them insisting on being entitled to break the law. They are about whether there are, or should be, any limits to an employer's rights to order an employee to go against their own conscience or religion, and to sack them if they don't comply i.e. when at work, does a servant have any title to his or her conscience or is it solely at their master's behest?

--------------------
Brexit wrexit - Sir Graham Watson

Posts: 7610 | From: Bristol UK(was European Green Capital 2015, now Ljubljana) | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

quote:
Originally posted by Enoch:
None of these instances was about them insisting on being entitled to break the law.

Discriminating against people by refusing to provide a public service to them because of their sexuality is against the law.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
What interests me about this, is that some Christians obviously feel that they should be able to break the law. ...

No. None of these instances was about them insisting on being entitled to break the law. They are about whether there are, or should be, any limits to an employer's rights to order an employee to go against their own conscience or religion, and to sack them if they don't comply i.e. when at work, does a servant have any title to his or her conscience or is it solely at their master's behest?
I can understand how the issues to do with same-sex couples might be about going against conscience or religion, but I completely fail to see how any Christian could argue that wearing a cross is such a matter of faith that being unable to wear it is actually going to cause some kind of moral crisis or involve going against God's teachings.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Indeed; my Exclusive Brethren in-laws would be aghast at the suggestion that a Christian would wear a cross; such a thing would be akin to idolatry for them. So there's hardly a Christian consensus on the issue...

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, there isn't a Christian consensus, but then there isn't on anything, including the relevant subject of gay marriage. Bizarre, unorthodox and even heretical religious beliefs should have as much right to be considered as any others. If people believe they must wear a cross as part of their religious beliefs, that belief should be respected.

And then they should lose their cases because their beliefs don't get to override health and safety, infection control and uniform policy. [Biased]

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

quote:
quote:

Surely, neither registrars nor counsellors are entitled to discriminate against gays? Nor against black people, or women.

I believe the relevant legislation is known elegantly as Equality Act (Sexual Orientation) Regulations.

It outlaws discrimination in the provision of goods, facilities, services, education and public functions on the grounds of sexual orientation.

--------------------

Ricardus
Shipmate
# 8757

- Posted      Profile for Ricardus   Author's homepage   Email Ricardus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
TGG -

Indeed. Part of the ruling states that courts can't be expected to rule on theological matters. So if a Muslim says her faith requires her to wear the hijab, it's no defence to cite another Muslim who thinks it's unnecessary.
quote:
They are about whether there are, or should be, any limits to an employer's rights to order an employee to go against their own conscience or religion

Surely those limits are set out in the employee's contract of employment? An employer, at least in theory, can't oblige an employee to do something that they aren't contractually supposed to do. Conversely, signing a contract of employment where the job description includes X rather implies you have no conscientious objection to X.

[ 25. January 2013, 11:37: Message edited by: Ricardus ]

--------------------
Then the dog ran before, and coming as if he had brought the news, shewed his joy by his fawning and wagging his tail. -- Tobit 11:9 (Douai-Rheims)

Posts: 7247 | From: Liverpool, UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

quote:
Originally posted by Ricardus:
quote:
They are about whether there are, or should be, any limits to an employer's rights to order an employee to go against their own conscience or religion

Surely those limits are set out in the employee's contract of employment? An employer, at least in theory, can't oblige an employee to do something that they aren't contractually supposed to do. Conversely, signing a contract of employment where the job description includes X rather implies you have no conscientious objection to X.
Which is where Lilian Ladele comes in. In her case, the contract didn't change, but the nature of the work did, as a result of new legislation.

--------------------

The Man with a Stick
Shipmate
# 12664

- Posted      Profile for The Man with a Stick   Email The Man with a Stick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Surely, neither registrars nor counsellors are entitled to discriminate against gays? Nor against black people, or women.

I believe the relevant legislation is known elegantly as Equality Act (Sexual Orientation) Regulations.

It outlaws discrimination in the provision of goods, facilities, services, education and public functions on the grounds of sexual orientation.

I'd disagree. The legal obligation is on the Council as service provider not to discriminate in the provision of services etc, not the individual member of staff. Islington could have structured their staffing rotas to prevent her having to act against her conscience. Or, they could have decided not to discipline her when they found out she had been (discreetly) rearranging her own shifts with colleagues to the same end.

There's little to suggest, to my mind, that the Council's service to the community would have been materially affected by allowing one of their Registrars not to officiate at CP Ceremonies.

And that's before you even get to whether the Council really had the right to unilaterally amend her job description by registering her (without consent) as a CP Registrar. If I'd been advising Ladele, I would have resigned there and then, followed by a Constructive Dismissal suit.

Posts: 335 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
But was her contract amended in that way? Or what it simply the case that she was obliged by the contract to issue licences for marriage which the law change then extended to include CPs?

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Man with a Stick
Shipmate
# 12664

- Posted      Profile for The Man with a Stick   Email The Man with a Stick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Black:
But was her contract amended in that way? Or what it simply the case that she was obliged by the contract to issue licences for marriage which the law change then extended to include CPs?

The Register of Registrars for CPs is a separate register from those for Civil Marriages. Islington had to make a specific application for her (and all her colleagues) to be designated as CP Registrars.
Posts: 335 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

quote:
Originally posted by The Great Gumby:
Which is where Lilian Ladele comes in. In her case, the contract didn't change, but the nature of the work did, as a result of new legislation.

In which case we're right back at Croesos' earlier question:

quote:

[ 25. January 2013, 14:02: Message edited by: Marvin the Martian ]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Ricardus
Shipmate
# 8757

- Posted      Profile for Ricardus   Author's homepage   Email Ricardus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The thing is the ECHR wasn't asked to rule on whether Ladele had been asked to perform duties that weren't in her job description. ISTM plausible that such a complaint would have succeeded - although there's no way of telling without seeing her job description - but it's not the ECHR's fault that it didn't support her when it wasn't asked to.

Marvin - in that particular example, assuming a.) the employee's contract specifically states she's only obliged to serve whites, b.) there's no anti-discrimination statute that would rule such a clause unlawful, and c.) the employer wasn't smart enough to add an 'any other duties that might reasonably arise' boilerplate clause into her contract, then yes, she shouldn't be contractually obliged to serve blacks (regardless of the morality of the situation), and if that undermines the owner's business, then that's his fault for drawing up the terms of her contract in that way.

--------------------
Then the dog ran before, and coming as if he had brought the news, shewed his joy by his fawning and wagging his tail. -- Tobit 11:9 (Douai-Rheims)

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

quote:
The thing is the ECHR wasn't asked to rule on whether Ladele had been asked to perform duties that weren't in her job description.

Her job as a registrar was to officiate at marriage ceremonies. That has not changed.

quote:
Marvin - in that particular example, assuming a.) the employee's contract specifically states she's only obliged to serve whites, b.) there's no anti-discrimination statute that would rule such a clause unlawful, and c.) the employer wasn't smart enough to add an 'any other duties that might reasonably arise' boilerplate clause into her contract, then yes, she shouldn't be contractually obliged to serve blacks (regardless of the morality of the situation), and if that undermines the owner's business, then that's his fault for drawing up the terms of her contract in that way.
(a) misses the point. No contract back then would have specifically said "whites only", because that was just understood. Similarly, no registrar contract from a few decades ago would say "opposite-sex only", because that was understood.

Besides which, such contractual absolution from serving those one has a moral aversion to is as far as I am aware illegal, regardless of when the contracts would have been drawn up.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Ricardus
Shipmate
# 8757

quote:
Her job as a registrar was to officiate at marriage ceremonies. That has not changed.

Yes. But, legally, civil partnerships are not marriage ceremonies. See The Man with a Stick's comments above.

quote:
(a) misses the point. No contract back then would have specifically said "whites only", because that was just understood. Similarly, no registrar contract from a few decades ago would say "opposite-sex only", because that was understood.
Legally, marriages still are opposite-sex only.

If same-sex marriage becomes lawful - as I hope it will - then you will be correct. As it stands, it appears Ms Ladele was asked to perform what is legally a distinct ceremony from the one she originally signed up to do. I say 'it appears' because it's possible her contract was sufficiently flaccidly worded to cover civil partnerships.

[ 25. January 2013, 15:26: Message edited by: Ricardus ]

--------------------

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

quote:

I have some difficulty with point c, because it stands or falls on the "reasonable man" test, which is treacherous legal ground at the best of times. What one person might consider reasonable (it's still marrying two people) others might consider entirely unreasonable, not to mention an abomination.

I find Ms Ladele's views deeply unpleasant and prejudiced, and I have no particular desire for her to win her case, but the plain fact that her job changed in a way that she (and many others) considered highly significant made her case the strongest of the four, IMO.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Odd, isn't it, that Churches are allowed to do exactly that?

[Frown]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
According to this, that BA woman is taking out another discrimination claim.

it's about disability but i am fed up with her.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016