homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » TICTH (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: TICTH
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the lack of activity in Hell. Do we want our sainted mods to go unemployed? I know many of you are mad about something, you're just too lazy to type it up.

I'm currently consigning the same pack of Pit Bulls I called the cops on two weeks ago.

They're back cruising our neighborhood, because the owners just can't be bothered to keep them at home. I'm not just concerned for my own tiny dog and big fat cat, but the 90 year-old couple across the street. Oldies being the second favorite snack, after toddlers, for Pits.

Now I'm sure the owners have the gentlest Pits, ever, with pictures of the dogs sweetly napping with the baby, and they'll be quick to tell me that it's only bad owners causing Pits to kill folk, but that always leaves me to wonder why the potentially bad owners mainly seem to chose Pits and Rotts when they go dog shopping.

There they are, right now, digging up someone's garden shed to get at some poor prey. I'll feel the need to keep an eye on them all day now.

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Twilight:
... I'll feel the need to keep an eye on them all day now.

Will your eye be looking through the sights on your rifle?

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I would wish to consign all banks and building societies. I was looking forward to having my first proper holiday in 5 years. But I noticed that my debit and credit cards were due to expire before I came back. Needing a card to be valid when you check out of a hotel is kind of important so I requested replacements, but they weren't sent in time, thus preventing me from going.

So I changed banks.

I built up a balance on the new credit card and wanted to pay off the bill. With the old provider, I did this via an online transfer and that option was available on the new bank too.

Only what they'd done was that the payee named "Credit Card" was imported as my old credit card (the one I'd paid off, closed the account and physically destroyed). But they only told me this by phone after I'd tried to pay off the bill (several hundred pounds) and they'd sent the money to an account that no longer exists with a building society where I am no longer a customer. [Mad]

So not only has a substantial sum disappeared into the æther but I also have no way of actually paying the credit card bill I do have.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
ExclamationMark
Shipmate
# 14715

- Posted      Profile for ExclamationMark   Email ExclamationMark   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sipech:
I would wish to consign all banks and building societies. I was looking forward to having my first proper holiday in 5 years. But I noticed that my debit and credit cards were due to expire before I came back. Needing a card to be valid when you check out of a hotel is kind of important so I requested replacements, but they weren't sent in time, thus preventing me from going.

So I changed banks.

I built up a balance on the new credit card and wanted to pay off the bill. With the old provider, I did this via an online transfer and that option was available on the new bank too.

Only what they'd done was that the payee named "Credit Card" was imported as my old credit card (the one I'd paid off, closed the account and physically destroyed). But they only told me this by phone after I'd tried to pay off the bill (several hundred pounds) and they'd sent the money to an account that no longer exists with a building society where I am no longer a customer. [Mad]

So not only has a substantial sum disappeared into the æther but I also have no way of actually paying the credit card bill I do have.

Coming in on the side of the banks ...

1. How much notice did you give for the new cards?

2. Did you check the details of your transfer before you did it - the banks I use have a check screen which is the equivalent of a "are you sure?")

3. Did you assume that a new mandate would be set up? Were you told that it would be?

On the evidence you've given, I'd be partly inclined to say that while the bank could've done better, they aren't mind readers and they can't set up payment mandates without your say so.

Posts: 3845 | From: A new Jerusalem | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
1. How much notice did you give for the new cards?
I gave 6 weeks' notice. They gave me a written promise that they would be with me in 5 working days.
quote:
2. Did you check the details of your transfer before you did it - the banks I use have a check screen which is the equivalent of a "are you sure?")
It was set us as a quick transfer. When I select the option to pay from my current account, I get given about half a dozen options to pay to. The names of each of these correspond to the names of my other accounts (mostly e-savings, ISA and the credit card is at the bottom). I've transferred to account X and account Y, so it would be reasonable to think that a payment to an account labelled as account Z would go to account Z.
quote:
3. Did you assume that a new mandate would be set up? Were you told that it would be?
I was told that I could pay online, but as it turns out, this is not possible.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH people who do not get the fucking point of TICTH.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Comrades!

I appreciate that it's been a whole five minutes since we last had a TICTH thread, but these are the conditions by which they operate:

• Keep it short
  • If it could sustain an extended rant/conversation, start a new thread
  • Refrain from commenting on other's TICTHs

That's pretty much it. And when I say conditions, I mean "this thread will be sent to the gulag faster than you can say 'show trial' if you screw up."

DT
HH

[ 16. April 2015, 19:07: Message edited by: Doc Tor ]

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Our New Boss. Pass the clue bat.

That is all.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jemima the 9th
Shipmate
# 15106

- Posted      Profile for Jemima the 9th     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
<tentatively....>
TICTH my inflamed appendix. I really am chuffed to bits that the bloody thing doesn't have to come out, and that the pain is gone, but I miss my appetite so much. I want to eat cake. [Waterworks]

Posts: 801 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Insurance companies. I think they have caused more stress here than the actual earthquakes.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Twilight:
TICTH the lack of activity in Hell. Do we want our sainted mods to go unemployed?

It's very sweet of you to create new threads for me to close, but I'm on holiday.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH ill health and the dominoes that fall down because of it.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH my state's fucking clueless legislature, which is busy cutting services to the population I serve. Again. Without the slightest mercy for the 78-year-old mom of someone on my caseload who is too big and heavy for her to deal with any more. And who has spent the last 46 years caring for him virtually single-handed.

[ 17. April 2015, 02:17: Message edited by: Porridge ]

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
F**ing amen to that, and on that note-- stuff it, SMC Health System! [Mad]

Love note:

I was having a lovely day, bright sunshine, just the right amount of breeze, walking back to may car after hanging out at my favorite cafe-- and fucking romeo and Juliet are positioned right at the front of my car on the street, having a loud, dramatic argument, in the kind of loud theatrical tone and language that tells you they are just hoping someone will post on YouTube so the world can se Just How They Suffer.
Romeo kept flinging a Aquafina bottle against the window of his own car, and as I approached, gave me a look that told me it was a good idea to walk back down the block and keep hanging out in a cafe chair for a while.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The idiot who designed the one way system in our town with insuffient parking bays so that cars "have to" park on the pavement when the drivers need to go to a shop and can't be bothered to walk from the car park. (I'll accept that lorries need to unload their deliveries though)Also, why on earth didn't the planner but a bus bay in at the bus stop? It would have stopped the sort of jams I saw this week when there were three buses in the traffic queue - and each one needed to stop at the bus stop so pity help any motorist catching the tail end of the queue!

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
nobody but me
Apprentice
# 18084

- Posted      Profile for nobody but me   Email nobody but me   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Artificial food colouring and "kind" church people who give my kid that god awful hellish liquid they call "orange" and turns Normal Actually Quite Sensible child into Hyper Hyper Hyper kid.
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Keys. You are lost. What did I do to you except thrust your keyedness into lock holes. I hate you for abandoning me you useless stupid lockhole fuckers.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In my neighborhood, the city and county spent a great deal of money building new bus stops. They cleverly took a high volume intersection and built a platform out through the parking lane at great expense so that the buses have to stop in the single remaining traffic lane blocking the intersection in both directions.
So many people crossed the dividing line to go around the bus and have head on accidents that they added a concrete divider.

When the stupidity of the design was pointed out, before the thing was built, they said they had done studies saying that it would only stop traffic for two minutes at a time and save time because the bus wouldn't have to pull out of the parking lane. My personal experience was waiting 17 minutes behind a bus. It was fun because I got to politely refuse the request of the bus driver behind me that I pull out into the merge lane in the opposite direction and risk a collision.

Horrible design at vast expense that made things much worse.

Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by St. Gwladys:
The idiot who designed the one way system in our town with insuffient parking bays so that cars "have to" park on the pavement when the drivers need to go to a shop and can't be bothered to walk from the car park. (I'll accept that lorries need to unload their deliveries though)Also, why on earth didn't the planner but a bus bay in at the bus stop? It would have stopped the sort of jams I saw this week when there were three buses in the traffic queue - and each one needed to stop at the bus stop so pity help any motorist catching the tail end of the queue!

We have a similar problem where I live. TICTH people who are too fucking lazy to walk the extra few steps to a FREE car park and think they have a God-given right to park right outside the shop they want to visit and then blame the town planners for their selfish attitudes.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
moonfruit
Shipmate
# 15818

- Posted      Profile for moonfruit   Email moonfruit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH back pain that is, yet again, leading into sciatica. The last bout was almost 2 months of pain. I cannot be doing with the same over again. [Mad]

--------------------
All I know is that you came and made beauty from my mess.

Posts: 180 | From: Just outside the M25 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
MarsmanTJ
Shipmate
# 8689

- Posted      Profile for MarsmanTJ   Email MarsmanTJ   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TITCH Lactose Intolerance. Today would be a perfect day to go out for an ice cream. But the only place that sells half-way decent sorbet round these parts is Häagen-Dazs, and they are somewhat outside my price range for a quick ice cream fix.
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The one thing that bugs me about being lactose intolerant is ice-cream. The sheer disappointment of queuing with friends at an ice-cream van then coming away with the cheapest ice lolly.

Sorbet is not safe either! Some people put milk in it.

However, I will sometimes buy an ice-cream and take a lactase so I do not cramp. The combination of lactase and fat relieves most of the lactose intolerant symptoms.

I keep a supply of Swedish Glace in the freezer for emergencies though I am wondering about trying Booja-Booja ice cream which Holland and Barret stock around here.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH Noisy Neighbours who have an 11-hour long party. With - mostly - just once CD playing on constant shuffle. [Mad] [Mad] The singer sounds like his balls have failed to drop and like he is wailing in misery for their misplacement.

Either that or he wants to be an air-raid siren when he grows up and he is setting out his stall.

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH spending a perfect balmy spring evening in a church committee meeting. The highlight of the two hours I spent in that meeting was discovering that I had both a black and a blue biro in my bag, so that I could create designs whilst stabbing the back of my hand with my pens.

Although taking the first biro out of my bag was a mistake, because I was asked to take the minutes. Twelve of the others had wisely failed to take any form of writing implement, possibly to avoid being landed with the minutes.

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
The Kat in the Hat
Shipmate
# 2557

- Posted      Profile for The Kat in the Hat   Email The Kat in the Hat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH British Telecom.
yes, I know that I was a couple of days late in setting up the on-line payment, and that it would take another couple of days before payment would clear, but the email threatening cutting off etc. clearly said "ignore this if payment has been made in the last few days". I'd checked the on-line bank, payment had gone out 2 days before - so why did you then cut off the phone line & internet?
Calling to let them know that we had paid, & to be told by a machine that you would restore the service within 10 days is not reasonable. I had followed your instructions - how is it my fault that my payment has not been recognised!
[Mad] [Mad]
The automated system that asks "what do you want to talk about" doesn't recognise "I want to speak to someone about my bill payment" did not help at all!

--------------------
Less is more ...

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
YICTH my camera, which has crept into a corner where I can't find it to take a pic to post on Airbnb. Or should it be my memory, which doesn't remember where I put it? Can't remember.....

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

- Posted      Profile for Kyzyl   Email Kyzyl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Arthritis, and snow in April.

--------------------
I need a quote.

Posts: 668 | From: Wapasha's Prairie | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The camera, which was hiding in full sight in the mantelpiece! The malign humour of inanimate matter... [Paranoid]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
They're all in cahoots, you know. Taking turns hiding in plain sight.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I posted on 17 April about lost keys. I got new ones. Now the promiscuous little gorbies have emerged, smirking. I should have pounded them with a hammer. I'm two timing them now.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Soror Magna
Shipmate
# 9881

- Posted      Profile for Soror Magna   Email Soror Magna   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH misogyny and male mid-life crises. And the inability to connect the dots between the two.

--------------------
"You come with me to room 1013 over at the hospital, I'll show you America. Terminal, crazy and mean." -- Tony Kushner, "Angels in America"

Posts: 5430 | From: Caprica City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICH feet. I buy you nice fleecy Polish slippers and what thanks do I get? The minute I ask you to pound a pavement or two you ache and twinge and cramp and indicate that as far as you're concerned, you're traversing burning tintacks.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH NHS bureaucracy, the negative side of old age, unhelpful and restrictive data protection, acute mental health problems that suddenly wreck people's lives, self-centred people who cause a huge amount of unnecessary work for others, drivers who can't be bothered to follow traffic rules or use signals, gits who cycle at 10 mph in the centre of a 60 mph road, irresponsible dog owners, twats who shout unkind comments at women in the street, the prevalence of cheap unpleasant over-priced coffee, people who cut their nails on trains and leave the clippings on the seats (much more frequent than you might think), and the slugs in my allotment.
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH moving offices. Don't get me wrong - once it's all sorted out I'm going to love the new one, in a shiny new purpose-built building, but if I never have to go through the actual process of moving again, it'll be too soon.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Teeth. I have to get one of them crowned, which unfortunately involved decapitating the remainder of the tooth first. The temporary crown almost immediately fell off.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Gives "Crown him with many crowns" a whole new meaning.

[Miss Amanda will get her toothbrush.]

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

At least I was able to rescue it -- it fell onto the dining table. I have a friend whose very expensive crown fell onto the subway platform as the doors opened. After the surging hordes passed over he looked for it -- of course it was gone.

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Not hearing from people who are supposed to call you. [Mad]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Predatory proselytisation.
Posts: 1289 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the nasty undercurrents that some families allow free reign to, which ruin relationships and bar the way so that forgiveness and love can't flourish.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh, a slight twinge of TICTH Copenhagen. Not a good journey/arrival.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
SORT the number of staff required...and stop ruddy well bitching about it
[Mad]

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Orfeo, is that directed at the city, the airport, or the airline?

[ 25. April 2015, 06:59: Message edited by: jacobsen ]

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My curse attend couch grass and its evil chums buttercup and bindweed.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH: the malevolent little trolls who design Microsoft Windows, who caused my most critical piece of software to malfunction and die. A plague upon them, their parents, their grandparents and their great grandparents; their brothers and their sisters and their cousins and their aunts; their offspring, yea even unto the third and fourth generation.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH squirrels, who have discovered the new bird feeder in my yard and are gorging themselves while the nice cardinals and finches can't get near it. TICTH my own cheapskate tendencies which steered me away from buying the more expensive squirrel-proof feeders. Bah. Back to the store.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mamacita:
TICTH squirrels, who have discovered the new bird feeder in my yard and are gorging themselves while the nice cardinals and finches can't get near it. TICTH my own cheapskate tendencies which steered me away from buying the more expensive squirrel-proof feeders. Bah. Back to the store.

I commend these. I have two and they're excellent.
Posts: 1289 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

- Posted      Profile for Celtic Knotweed   Email Celtic Knotweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Further maledictions upon couch grass, bindweed and buttercups. I also CTH my sloth in not digging the couch grass out of the strawberry bed in the autumn...

--------------------
My little sister is riding 100k round London at night to raise money for cancer research donations here if you feel so inclined.

Posts: 664 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Slugs. Snails.

Can I eat the purple sprouting broccoli and the kale before they do? They had half my beautiful savoy cabbage in a flash.

Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dogs. Particularly the vile crap machine that had diarrhoea on my lawn this morning, managing to hide it in some long grass so I didn't notice until after I had coated the inside of the grass clipping bag with liquid dog poo.

Also the irresponsible owner of the aforesaid arse-sniffing crapsack who failed to clean up after it - may the bowels of a thousand crows spontaneously void above his head.

Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016