homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Praise and Thanksgiving 2015 (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Praise and Thanksgiving 2015
MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The wheelchair consignment for which I requested prayer was released from Mombasa and finally arrived here safely this morning.
So thankful
Now we'll be able to help more than 150 of the most marginalised people here.
[Smile]

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 693 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was afraid my dad would have to start aggressive, intravenous chemo for stage 4 cancer possibly this week, but when we got to the oncologist who had his latest lab tests, we found that the oral meds seemed to have been doing their job and the chemo has been held off for at least eight weeks. Maybe more. Yay! Praise God! [Yipee]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes! Good to hear your dad is in better shape than he might have been.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My one computer was fixed to not work by my family, for several days and now he managed to fix it today.
I did pray to God - thank you very much God that it is now working ! [Overused]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lia
Shipmate
# 7396

- Posted      Profile for Lia   Email Lia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just got the news that I passed round 2 of the online selection tests for a job I'd love to do.

There are several most steps to go and it is very unlikely that I will get it but at least I now have a chance.

I am so thankful for this glimmer of hope after months (ok, years) of bleakness and for the friends who have been so supportive all along. May I not forget to be grateful even if I don't get the job.

Posts: 127 | From: Cherry Tree Lane | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just returned yesterday from a weekend away at a convention that was a delightful and refreshing experience.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I went to an old church, a long away, a while away with friends - it was a lovely church and really nice people. I also got in time. Thank you God ! [Overused]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's nearing the end of my first year as a schoolteacher, and I have not yet been asked back for a second year at my current school, and I'm starting to get feelers from other districts. So I took my metaphorical hat in my hand and went to my principal (UK: headmistress). I asked if I should be applying for positions in other districts and she said, "Please don't."

I said I didn't know if they were going to ask me back and needed to start thinking about where to work next year if they don't. She said if they were planning on bouncing me I'd have known about it already and some time back, and she has heard nothing from anybody that would make her not want me around next year. So no, don't go looking for another job, expect to be here next year.

Definitely a load off, and made me feel good too! Thank you, Lord, for thinkin' 'bout me, I'm alive and doin' fine!

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yay Mousethief! [Yipee]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Our head of department, M is back!

I mentioned this guy back in September. He beat lymphoma about six years ago then after five clear, it returned. He's had a couple of courses of chemotheorapy and the medics are happy for him to return to work. I think he is too. Apart from being a bit thinner in body and hair, he's looking OK.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I got a phone call at 03.47 today - very excited friend in Mysore telling me his wife had just given birth to their second baby, easy delivery, no complications, both doing well!

Brilliant!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I just had an email from the Dowager - again, a miracle in itself - to say that she is so much better that the hospital team who have been checking on her and visiting her at home are looking to discharge her either tomorrow or the day after! What a HUGE relief!

[Angel] [Angel] [Angel]

Thank you all for your prayers and thank you God for Becca and Wendy of the above-mentioned team [Overused]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm so grateful , after hearing various stories about why people voted the way they did in the election, that my parents brought me up to be interested in politics. The fact they gave me a love of the Marx Brothers was a good thing too.

[ 09. May 2015, 06:04: Message edited by: Sarasa ]

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

We had a lovely time i the church, all of India people. We sang "Kushi Kushi" Indian, as well as singing English ones. My son was doing the piano and did well. Some spoke well and some led the songs.
And his little son 'A' is now well. [Overused]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
My son was doing the piano and did well.
That's lovely to hear. I can understand your happiness. My son who plays piano and keyboard has been off his church's music roster for 18 months for various reasons. Today was his second time on keyboard after that break. So happy for him.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have finished my marking for the academic year. God be praised! [Smile] The last week or so have been a struggle but I can now have a rest. Thanks for everyone's prayers for my health.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

The hospital was fine to me and had me checked about cancer! I do not have cancer! [Overused]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by daisymay:
The hospital was fine to me and had me checked about cancer! I do not have cancer! [Overused]

Always good to know. [Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Diomedes
Shipmate
# 13482

- Posted      Profile for Diomedes   Email Diomedes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praise God for tiny daily improvements in R's sight. This follows an operation which resulted in several serious bleeds within his eye. Any improvement will be such a blessing. We are so grateful to all those people praying with us and for us.

--------------------
Distrust simple answers to complicated questions

Posts: 129 | From: Essex England | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That is good to know Diomedes [Yipee]
Prayers continuing to ascend for further improvement

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
moonfruit
Shipmate
# 15818

- Posted      Profile for moonfruit   Email moonfruit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praise God for a new head teacher for the school I teach at. The panel made an (imo) excellent choice, and I couldn't be happier. [Yipee] It's such a weight off everyone's shoulders to know that we have a boss for September.

--------------------
All I know is that you came and made beauty from my mess.

Posts: 180 | From: Just outside the M25 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks be to God for allowing me in a small way to help a co-worker get away from a bully. She was so defeated and now she's practically dancing around the office. [Yipee]

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For 30 years of (mostly) happy marriage to Mr D

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congratulations Dormouse and Mr. Dormouse! [Yipee]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congratulations to the Dormice.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm thankful for seeing some old friends at my college reunion this past weekend. [Smile]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

Thank you God for helping me and the other family and warm and dry to camp. [Overused]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Originally posted by daisymay:
Thank you God for helping me and the other family and warm and dry to camp. [Overused]

Good news daisymay. Rain has given me some moments to remember while camping, but i would prefer fine weather.

--------------------

rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post 
Thank You God for hedgerow flowers in May. Especially Bluebells [Yipee]

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

My son is happy with the outcome of a property settlement hearing following divorce in January. Custody hearing will be in October.

--------------------

JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yay Loth, that's good news [Smile]

Meanwhile MrP's previous employers have discovered that he is indispensable (at least until it occurs to them to ask for full documentation of the software he has written for them) and they want him back - badly enough to agree to more generous terms than they would give him before. Working for them is not optimal - but is better than not working. Such a relief.

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

And we are home now and the children are very happy about all they could play there ! Thank you Lord, that it was dry and warm ! [Overused]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Grateful thanks that the elderly aunt I visited in Copenhagen at the weekend recognised, and spoke to me in English! She is happy in her care home, and I am so pleased for her. It was such a relief that thngs were going well.

[Overused]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Diomedes
Shipmate
# 13482

- Posted      Profile for Diomedes   Email Diomedes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
R and I are so grateful for small but significant improvements in his sight. Each day brings another little step forward. Praise God for answered prayers.

--------------------
Distrust simple answers to complicated questions

Posts: 129 | From: Essex England | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Good news, Diomedes.

--------------------

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you, Father, for a really great couple of days - lovely, supportive people and interesting opportunities to do something worthwhile. And for my wonderful family.

Thank you.

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Grateful thanks again, this time that my pre-op appointment went well and my other hip will be replaced on schedule. Such a relief.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My niece, Olivia, the future rocket scientist, has received a National Merit Schoiarship! She starts at a university this fall not far from where I live so I should see her once in a while.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'm delighted to report that the Bishop has appointed D's former organ scholar to the post of Curate in the Cathedral for the next three years.

Episcopal good sense - a rare commodity indeed! [Yipee]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

Thank you God that you got it dry all yesterday as we camped ! [Overused] And it was lovely in Dingwal as we walked arownd and up.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mr Bee's health concern is allayed. Thanks be to God!

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Wonderful news for you. We have similar scares in my family, so I can feel for you and yours.

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Daistmay, we're both glad that you had such an enjoyable day particularly after the recent scares and setbacks that have come your way.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

quote:
Originally posted by Tree Bee:
Mr Bee's health concern is allayed. Thanks be to God!

Sadly he's in such an anxious mindset that he's convinced himself he hasn't been told the whole story. [Frown]

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Poor Mr. Bee.

[Votive] that he can get his confidence back; anxiety isn't going to help his general well-being at all.

--------------------

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks to the help of several very much beloved friends, it looks like we are going to be OK between now and my first September paycheck. Praise be to God!! And infinite hugs and gratitude toward our friends!! [Overused] [Axe murder]

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

My computer was not working and one who was part of our home, he came and fixed it and it's OK now, and also I prayed to God to fix it ! Thanks ! [Overused]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My eldest has had his results - a FIRST!

If I had ever learned how I'd be turning cartwheels [Overused] [Yipee]

Fingers firmly crossed for the younger

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
l'organist, that is wonderful - you must be so proud! Congratulations all round!

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Huge congratulations to Son of L'Organist!

[Yipee] [Overused] [Yipee]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016