homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » April 19: Liberals finally to be unmasked as Baal-worshippers (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: April 19: Liberals finally to be unmasked as Baal-worshippers
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here I was thinking all those nice liberals in Dead Horses and Purgatory were just misguided brethren. But now I find I've been lied to.

Yes, the Temple of Baal is apparently being erected in Times Square and Trafalgar Square on April 19, which is of course the same date as... well, a lot of bad stuff that happened on other April 19ths.

quote:
"April 19 is the first day of a 13-day period of time known as 'the Blood Sacrifice to the Beast' that culminates on the high occult holy day of Beltane on May 1"
quote:
Adults would gather around the altar of Baal. Infants would then be burned alive as a sacrificial offering to the deity. Amid horrific screams and the stench of charred human flesh, congregants – men and women alike – would engage in bisexual orgies
And lest anyone be misled, this is not simply a memorial to Baal-worship. It's thinly disguised liberalism!

quote:
Modern liberalism deviates little from its ancient predecessor. While its macabre rituals have been sanitized with flowery and euphemistic terms of art, its core tenets and practices remain eerily similar
Would all the Ship's liberals please form an orderly queue to share details of their bisexual orgies amid horrific screams and the stench of charred human flesh?

Just for prayer and strictly in confidence, you understand.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
CBN wouldn't load on my computer, so I googled and got the Snopes debunking of this.

Assuming that I've correctly surmised the gist of the CBN link, it's kind of ironic that they are, for all intents and purposes, on the same side of the broad issues involved as ISIS is.

(Well, that is, if something can be ironic and predictable at the same time.)

[ 06. April 2016, 17:39: Message edited by: Stetson ]

--------------------
I have the power...Lucifer is lord!

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fucking shit, he's onto us!

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Your need to use swear words merely serves to prove my point [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

quote:
Originally posted by Stetson:
CBN wouldn't load on my computer, so I googled and got the Snopes debunking of this

You trust Snopes?

Wake up, sheeple!

--------------------

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Eutychus: Your need to use swear words merely serves to prove my point [Roll Eyes]
Absolutely. Blasted, I need to think quickly here … Perhaps try a diversion tactic?

[ 06. April 2016, 18:00: Message edited by: LeRoc ]

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Synder also notes a series of horrific events that occurred on April 19:

● April 20, 1999 – Columbine High School massacre.
● April 16, 2007 – Virginia Tech massacre.
● April 16, 2013 – Boston Marathon explosions."

Not sure how the 16th and 20th both occurred on the 19th but never mind. It's only a minor detail and shouldn't stand in the way of an interesting theory.

I'd like to suggest adding

● July 1, 1916 - Battle of the Somme
and
● September 1, 1939 - start of World War 2
as they both have a 19 in them.

mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LeRoc:
Perhaps try a diversion tactic?

Definitely. Always best to flag diversions explicitly first.

--------------------
mdijon nojidm uoɿıqɯ ɯqıɿou
ɯqıɿou uoɿıqɯ nojidm mdijon

Posts: 12277 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

quote:
Ariel: both have a 19 in them.
I was born in a year that starts with 19!! [Eek!]

--------------------

Beenster
Shipmate
# 242

- Posted      Profile for Beenster   Email Beenster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Me too, and I was once 19, as was my father and mother.
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Is it just a coincidence that we are erecting arches for this ancient deity in New York and London on a date that is exceedingly significant for those that worship this ancient deity?"

Obviously, there must be hordes of people in London wanting an arch put up for Baal. There's probably a petition about it somewhere on the internet if you look hard enough.

Though I'm not sure about Trafalgar Square as a location. Might it not be better in Baalham?

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

quote:
mdijon: Always best to flag diversions explicitly first.
This is to lull him into a false sense of security. I'll be coming in with my killer argument aaaaany minute now.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
"Is it just a coincidence that we are erecting arches for this ancient deity in New York and London on a date that is exceedingly significant for those that worship this ancient deity?"

Hell, I once got an erection at the Golden Arches! I was working cashier and this really hot girl walked in. I can't remember if I was a liberal then.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
Though I'm not sure about Trafalgar Square as a location. Might it not be better in Baalham?

It is, after all, the Gateway to the South

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

quote:
mousethief: Hell, I once got an erection at the Golden Arches! I was working cashier and this really hot girl walked in. I can't remember if I was a liberal then.
Was your instinctive response "I'll need to do a ritual of penitence for at least five hours?"

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My grandmother's birthday was April 19, but I never realized she was a worshipper of Baal.
[Eek!]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
My grandmother's birthday was April 19, but I never realized she was a worshipper of Baal.
[Eek!]

That explains why your avatar is an owl and your name is, well, from that series.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eutychus:
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
[Eek!]

That explains why your avatar is an owl and your name is, well, from that series.
Drat! You're on to me!

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dogwalker
Shipmate
# 14135

- Posted      Profile for Dogwalker   Email Dogwalker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Boston Marathon is run on Patriot's day, which was Apr 19 until the date was changed to the third Monday in April.

"Listen my children and you shall hear
Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere,
On the eighteenth of April, in Seventy-five;
Hardly a man is now alive
Who remembers that famous day and year."

(If you need a Longfellow fix, Paul Revere's Ride.)

On the morning of 19 Apr 1775, the British and the Americans fought at Lexington and Concord.

Somehow, that's been missed in the list, but perhaps it explains why London and New York.

So, is CBN saying the American Revolution was caused by Baal worship? That seems unAmerican of them!

Full disclosure: I'm pretty liberal.

--------------------
If God had meant for us to fly, he wouldn't have given us the railways. - Unknown

Posts: 155 | From: Milford, MA, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
So, is CBN saying the American Revolution was caused by Baal worship? That seems unAmerican of them!

Actually, conspiratorial linking of America's civil religion with the occult is, at least in some quarters, as American as apple pie.

--------------------
I have the power...Lucifer is lord!

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
mousethief: Hell, I once got an erection at the Golden Arches! I was working cashier and this really hot girl walked in. I can't remember if I was a liberal then.
Was your instinctive response "I'll need to do a ritual of penitence for at least five hours?"
No. No, it wasn't.

--------------------

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
quote:

No. No, it wasn't.
Definitely liberal!

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
quote:

No. No, it wasn't.
Definitely liberal!
Definitely a very young man.

The main thing I know about baal is that is a pretty good word for some letter groupings in Bookworm.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ricardus
Shipmate
# 8757

- Posted      Profile for Ricardus   Author's homepage   Email Ricardus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was going to post something snarky, poking fun at Eutychus for falling for an obvious spoof, when I thought I had better Google the websites just to be sure.

Oh dear ...

--------------------
Then the dog ran before, and coming as if he had brought the news, shewed his joy by his fawning and wagging his tail. -- Tobit 11:9 (Douai-Rheims)

Posts: 7247 | From: Liverpool, UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

- Posted      Profile for dyfrig   Email dyfrig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Last Days again?

--------------------
"He was wrong in the long run, but then, who isn't?" - Tony Judt

Posts: 6917 | From: pob dydd Iau, am hanner dydd | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Plus 'liberal' and 'Baal' contain the same letters! Coincidence? I think not.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:

I didn't realise you were so bad at anagrams.

'Belial' is much closer, and even worse. Especially as Wikipedia tells me it can also be spelled Beliar.

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I didn't say they contained all of the same letters. But a nod is as good as a red rag to a deaf elephant.
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Typical liberal pagan obfuscation.

--------------------

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

quote:
Eutychus: Would all the Ship's liberals please form an orderly queue to share details of their bisexual orgies amid horrific screams and the stench of charred human flesh?
BTW, do I detect a tone of jealousy here?

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
quote:

'Belial' is much closer, and even worse. Especially as Wikipedia tells me it can also be spelled Beliar.

That's very close to "labial," which I'm sure was on your lips.

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

quote:
quote:
Eutychus: Would all the Ship's liberals please form an orderly queue to share details of their bisexual orgies amid horrific screams and the stench of charred human flesh?
Not at all. I require full details for me to be titillated... sorry, for you to be liberated. Brother.

(Seriously, that's what gets me in those articles. Indulging in 'delicious terror' from the safe distance of sanctimony).

--------------------

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
There is from here. I mean, I have been maintaining my pure Evangelical stance for years, and look what I have been missing out on.

Us evos have to pay for our debauchery, you know. It isn't part of the package.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
David Goode
Shipmate
# 9224

- Posted      Profile for David Goode     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

"Liberal pagan" is an anagram of "Beg April anal". Can't be a coincidence!
Posts: 654 | From: Cambridge | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

quote:
Originally posted by Schroedinger's cat:
Us evos have to pay for our debauchery, you know. It isn't part of the package.

I didn't even know it was available as an add-on for a fee.

--------------------

Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Especially as Wikipedia tells me it can also be spelled Beliar.

That's very close to 'Blair' which, come to think of it, makes a lot of sense...

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

- Posted      Profile for dyfrig   Email dyfrig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd always been suspicious of Lionel Blair and those so-called "charades" on Give Us A Clue.

--------------------

Posts: 6917 | From: pob dydd Iau, am hanner dydd | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

quote:
Originally posted by dyfrig:
I'd always been suspicious of Lionel Blair and those so-called "charades" on Give Us A Clue.

They certainly represented an orgy of something or other.
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There’s a Lebanese diner near my work which has replicas of artefacts from their country on the walls. They include carvings of the god Baal.

I may be risking my immortal soul by eating there, but I think it’s probably worth it on balance. I think they must put crack cocaine in the hummus. It is that tasty.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Beenster:
quote:
quote:
Me too, and I was once 19, as was my father and mother.
Paul Hardcastle is clearly the chief prophet of Baal. Who knew?

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
dyfrig
Blue Scarfed Menace
# 15

And Adele, it seems. Though she seems to be regularly adjusting herself for inflation.

--------------------

leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I must be missing out because I don't get invited to these orgies.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by leo:

If you can't even get invited to an orgy by joining the Godless Liberal Baal-Worshippers, it's probably because there's something wrong with you.

You're not a eunuch, are you?

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Our egregious parish priest (known to some as Father Fuckwit) is forever bleating on about 'our liberal friends' in a sneering tone. He, OTOH, is getting pretty close to worshipping the BVM as the fourth person of the Trinity (I think he has now accepted her as his Co-Redemptrix), so I am rather tempted, as a Godless Pagan Liberal, to call upon my Lord Ba'al to come and bloody well sort him out.............

I.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Would all the Ship's liberals please form an orderly queue to share details of their bisexual orgies amid horrific screams and the stench of charred human flesh?

That just sounds like life on the Northern Line at rush hour.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
quote:

If you can't even get invited to an orgy by joining the Godless Liberal Baal-Worshippers, it's probably because there's something wrong with you.

No - though i thought eunuchs were much in demand.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by la vie en rouge:
There’s a Lebanese diner near my work which has replicas of artefacts from their country on the walls. They include carvings of the god Baal.

I may be risking my immortal soul by eating there, but I think it’s probably worth it on balance. I think they must put crack cocaine in the hummus. It is that tasty.

There was on a time a Lebanese restaurant about 25 minutes north of here via freeway that had similarly good babaganoosh (sp?). Also very good wine. So good we buy it by the case now and it's the Mousehold house wine for special occasions. Doesn't have Baal on the label (there's those letters again) though.

[ 07. April 2016, 13:32: Message edited by: mousethief ]

--------------------

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

quote:
mousethief: Also very good wine. [...] Doesn't have Baal on the label though.
Below the picture, it says "Mis en bouteille au château". A keen observer only needs little clues.

--------------------

Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
quote:

No - though i thought eunuchs were much in demand.
"Eunuchs wanted - apply without."

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
quote:
mousethief:Also very good wine. [...] Doesn't have Baal on the label though.
Below the picture, it says "Mis en bouteille au château". A keen observer only needs little clues.
A paradox! A paradox! A most ingenious paradox!

quote:
Originally posted by Matt Black:
"Eunuchs wanted - apply without."

[Killing me]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016