homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Fuck You, Pastor, for bringing the gospel into disrepute (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Fuck You, Pastor, for bringing the gospel into disrepute
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by deano:
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
What the fuck is wrong with people?

(Short version for people who can't click after every meal: reader board in front of church says "WAKE UP CHRISTIANS / ALLAH IS NOT OUR GOD / MOHAMMED IS NOT GREATER THAN JESUS" on one side, and a similar message about the Bible and the Quran on the other side.

The pastor is so self-righteously "not politically correct." And the comments on Farcebark crow about how the "leftists" (they use this term almost like a longshoreman uses "fuck" to flavor every single sentence they say) are Muslim-loving Jesus-haters etc. yada.

I say this kind of thing brings the Gospel of Jesus Christ into disrepute. It turns people off God. It makes a mockery of Christ's message of love.

Dear Pastor Jerk: God's name is blasphemed among the nations because of you.

(And that's not even getting into the pig-ignorance of it. It's like saying "Christians worship GOD not DIOS.")

I like him.
Oh look what the cat brought in. DO NOT respond people. He only does it because he knows it teases.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
quote:
quote:

(Short version for people who can't click after every meal: reader board in front of church says "WAKE UP CHRISTIANS / ALLAH IS NOT OUR GOD / MOHAMMED IS NOT GREATER THAN JESUS" on one side, and a similar message about the Bible and the Quran on the other side.

The pastor is so self-righteously "not politically correct." And the comments on Farcebark crow about how the "leftists" (they use this term almost like a longshoreman uses "fuck" to flavor every single sentence they say) are Muslim-loving Jesus-haters etc. yada.

I say this kind of thing brings the Gospel of Jesus Christ into disrepute. It turns people off God. It makes a mockery of Christ's message of love.

(And that's not even getting into the pig-ignorance of it. It's like saying "Christians worship GOD not DIOS.")

I like him.
Oh look what the cat brought in. DO NOT respond people. He only does it because he knows it teases.
Nope. It's not trolling if one believes in what one posts.

I think most folk know my feelings on "the religion of peace" to NOT be surprised at my response.

--------------------
"The moral high ground is slowly being bombed to oblivion. " - Supermatelot

Posts: 2118 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh we know.

If deano likes him he must be really far of the mark.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

I like him.
Posted at 21:47. That's an early return from the pub.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

- Posted      Profile for Gamaliel   Author's homepage   Email Gamaliel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes indeed. To all it's other faults, Islam has added this - an antipathy towards alcohol.

Deano is enough to make me want to sign the Pledge.

--------------------
Let us with a gladsome mind
Praise the Lord for He is kind.

http://philthebard.blogspot.com

Posts: 15997 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here you go. The "religion of peace"...

Pakistani husbands can lightly beat their wives islamic council says

--------------------
"The moral high ground is slowly being bombed to oblivion. " - Supermatelot

Posts: 2118 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Here you go. The "religion of peace"...

Pakistani husbands can lightly beat their wives islamic council says

You just googled that without bothering to read the article, didn't you? You don't actually care what it says, it's just enough that the headline feeds your bigotry and malice.

Of course, Muslims have access to google too (potentially NSFW), and we end up in a morass of No True Scotsman statements.

In short, fuck off you tiny-minded turdmonger.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What an antiquated and barbaric law. We haven't had anything like that in Christendom since, well, since ...

As recently as 1977, the California Penal Code stated that wives charging husbands with criminal assault and battery must suffer more injuries than commonly needed for charges of battery.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Josephine

Orthodox Belle
# 3899

- Posted      Profile for Josephine   Author's homepage   Email Josephine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It wasn't until the 1990s and 2000s that marital rape became a crime throughout Christendom. And even now, it's often treated as a lesser crime than a "real" rape. More details here.

So, yeah, a headline about spousal abuse in a Muslim country proves what, exactly?

--------------------
I've written a book! Catherine's Pascha: A celebration of Easter in the Orthodox Church. It's a lovely book for children. Take a look!

Posts: 10273 | From: Pacific Northwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It proves deano is a dick. But, we didn't need any more evidence to prove that.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016